The black and white artwork.

The Art of Love.
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“This isn’t what I imagined this would be” I’ve been working on our project the whole night, while stressing about Seunghyun. The fact that I cannot contact him is driving me crazy. I don’t think I can last a week without knowing how he is. “Why can’t I get you right?” I’m talking to the sculpture that I’m unconsciously botching. “I guess I failed” with my hands dirty with clay, I sat down on the stool chair and just stared at my work blankly.

I fell asleep on Seunghyun’s bed. I thought my bed is already the most comfortable I’ve ever been on just to know that his is more. His fluffy pillows cradled my head wonderfully and his sheets are so smooth, it feels good on the skin. I was able to sleep for a couple of hours before going to school. It isn’t enough, but I can still function fairly.

With Hye Yoon Unnie driving me to school, I get to sit back and relax the whole trip. Just like me, she thinks it’s stupid of Seunghyun to forget his phone. “He will call today for sure” she said, smiling at me. I sighed, “I hope so. I’ll try calling Jin and Yong Wook again later” I cannot count how many times I called them last night.

When I arrived in school, the first thing I did is check on the painting department if their senior students made it to Japan safely. I was greatly relieved when the secretary said they did. At least I can scratch off the thought that maybe something bad happened, like the plane not making it to land.

“Hey!” Jiwoo, as usual, is waiting for me at the lobby . Her hands are with paint again, which means she’s been working on her and Yong Wook’s project hard again. I crushed my body to hers, making her lose her balance “Oh!” she was able to gain her foot, supporting me, “He still hasn’t called you?” she asked. I groaned, “Seunghyun forgot his phone at home. It’s on his tools table in his studio”. Jiwoo shake her head, “That’s bad. Well, for you”. Actually, it’s not as bad. It’s just that, no communication at all makes me anxious and worried. “I can’t reach the boys too” I added. She patted my shoulder, “Maybe they got no network”. Possible. But, they should’ve thought of it after landing. “This is going to be really challenging” I told her and all she can do is nod in agreement.

The day passed by with me trying really hard to focus on my studies. I passed time in the library, doing an essay and even got to nap for a good half hour. Once classes ended, Jiwoo and I went to the mall for a stroll because according to my dear friend, it will distress me, which is true because after going round and round, my head cleared and I’m not as stiff anymore.

“I got us tickets for the ball already. Minjoon is the one assigned to it and he met up with me before classes to say that we don’t have to pay for it anymore because he got us covered”. I can’t believe what I heard. Minjoon, a good friend of mine before, still cares even when he and the others are still cold and ignoring me. It made me smile “I’ll leave a message to him saying Thanks” I pulled out my phone in my bag and send the message. A minute after, I received a reply of a smiling emoji. Oh well, maybe he’s not yet ready to even reply a word to me.

Coming home knowing that Seunghyun isn’t there is really saddening, but I’m learning how to it in. I’m sleepy and tired but my mind doesn’t want to rest yet as well as my body. So, I head to his studio again and worked on our project. This time, I was able to pull off a good idea to life. With my molding tools in hand, I put minor details on it. This man and woman hugging lovingly sculpture is turning out good, Seunghyun will be shocked of it. All he has to do is paint it beautifully. I’m positive we can submit it proudly to our professor.

“No calls yet” I’ve been in his studio fo

Please log in to read the full chapter