Final

Thoughts That Were

I shut my eyes and took in a breath, letting the words sink in slowly. I didn’t believe it because I had lost all forms of hope ever since he chose to trust Kimhan over me. I finally had the courage to open my eyes and look up at Yongguk. I raised my eyebrows at him, silently asking him if what he said was true. 

 

Yongguk let out a somewhat bitter smile and wiped the tears in my eyes away. 

 

“What?” I breathed. “How?”

 

Yongguk didn’t answer and just stared down at me, like I was his entire world. Staring at me like he was scared of losing me. Without needing for anything to be said, I sighed and threw my arms around his neck. He rested his hands on my hips and I felt him leave a kiss on the top of my head. 

 

“But why did you bring the…” I stopped mid sentence.

 

What if he still wanted to leave me after he had remembered. Yongguk’s glance fell to the documents in his hand and brought it up to me, only to rip it in half. I bit my lip and smiled while I felt tears of joy and relief b in my eyes. 

 

“To do that…” he said. “I still love you and Jini more than anything. More than anything in this world.”

 

I nodded and cupped his face in my shaking hands, kissing his lips. The foreign yet so familiar feeling of his lips broke me down and I ended up rest my face in his chest, weeping. 

 

“I miss you so much.” I sobbed. “I thought you were going to leave Jini and I. I couldn’t take it…” 

 

Yongguk’s arms tightened around my frame and rubbed gentle circles on my back. 

 

“I’m here now. As your Yongguk and no one else’s.” he whispered. “I’ll never do anything like this again.” 

_______________

 

“I love you.” Yongguk whispered. 

 

We were on the couch, still at my mom’s house. I was surprised that no one had woken up yet, after we did so much talking downstairs. But part of me was grateful that no one woke up, so I could just spend my time solely with Yongguk. 

 

We lay on the couch, my head laying on the arm rest. Yongguk was next to me, back against the couch and propped up on one elbow, staring down at me. I turned towards his chest and kissed it softly, right over his heart. 

 

“I love you.” I said back. 

 

Yongguk brought an arm around my waist and caressed my sides. We lay there in silence just staring at each other. Occasionally I couldn’t handle myself and kissed him, just to make sure that it was real and I wasn’t dreaming. Or occasionally I would touch his cheek, kiss his knuckles. 

 

“How did you…” I asked. 

 

“Ah…” Yongguk sighed. “Forever is such a long time, but I wouldn’t mind spending it by your side.”

 

At first I didn’t understand and I thought he was just being cheesy but then I finally understood what he was talking about. On the night of his proposal, he slipped a piece of paper into my hand with those exact words that he had written by hand. 

 

“I found it in your dresser drawer, while I was looking for something of mine.” he said. “As soon as I read it, I felt like someone had hit me in the head with a shovel. After the pain was gone, I realized that I remembered everything.”

 

I gave a content sigh and snuggled closer to his chest. I didn’t remember when but before I knew it, I had dozed off to sleep. 

_______________

 

 

“Mommy…” I was shaken awake softly. 

 

I slowly opened my eyes and squinted when the sun was shining right on my face. I looked over and saw Jini looking down at me in concern. I slowly groaned and sat up, my shoulders feeling stiff and sore from sleeping on the couch. 

 

“Why are you sleeping out here, mommy?” Jini said, settling next to me on the couch. “You’ll catch a cold.” 

 

I smiled down at her and smoothed her hair out. Then I realized that I had woke up alone on the couch. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around for any signs of Yongguk but I couldn’t see anything. I shook my head and panicked, it couldn’t have been a dream, it was too real. 

 

“Jini, where’s daddy?” I asked

 

“At home.” Jini blinked, unsurely. “I miss daddy.”

 

“Have you seen daddy at all this morning?” I asked. 

 

Jini blinked at me with her wide dark eyes and shook her head. I ran a hand through my hair frustratedly and clenched my eyes together. My heart dropped when I realized that it had all been a dream. I bit my lip and didn’t want to cry, why was the world so unfair? 

 

“Can we go see daddy?” Jini asked. 

 

“I…” I bit my lip. “I don’t know. We’ll see, okay?” 

 

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and I shot up. I quickly got up from the couch and ran to the door. Maybe I wasn’t going insane and it wasn’t a dream. I opened the door and held my breath but sighed when I saw my mom with groceries in both hands. 

 

“What’s wrong, dear?” mom laughed a bit. “Expecting someone else?” 

 

I smiled a bit and shook my head, helping my mom with the groceries. While packing everything away in the kitchen, my phone rang and I answered it to Yongguk. 

 

“Come outside.” he said simply and hung up. 

 

I let out a breath and threw my phone on the couch before hurriedly making my way outside. I opened the door and gasped when I saw Yongguk standing there, with a bouquet of red roses and a stuffed toy. I let out a breath of relief, thanking the Lord that I wasn’t going crazy and imagining everything. Yongguk smiled at me and I quickly ran down the steps that I had once fell off as a child, to hug him. 

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” I asked. “I hate you. I thought I was going crazy, I thought I was dreaming.”

 

“Sorry.” he laughed quietly in his low voice. “I wanted to surprise you with these.” 

 

He pulled away and gently handed me the bouquet of roses, leaning in to kiss my forehead. I hugged his waist and felt the happiest I had ever been. The smell of roses made me feel even more special, like I was loved again. 

 

“Is Jini awake?” Yongguk asked. “I miss her.”

 

I nodded before holding his hand and guiding in into the house, quietly into the kitchen. Jini stood with my mom, helping her pack the groceries with her back towards us. Yongguk and I glanced at each other before a small grin formed on Yongguk’s face. 

 

“Guess who?” Yongguk cupped his hand in front of Jini’s eyes, kneeling behind her.

 

Jini jumped slightly before feeling around Yongguk’s hands and letting out an excited squeal. 

 

“Daddy!” 

 

Jini turned around and observed Yongguk for a short while, like making sure that it was her dad. Yongguk couldn’t resist and leaned in giving her a big kiss on the cheek. Jini squealed and wrapped her tiny arms around him. 

 

“I got this for you.” Yongguk handed her the stuffed toy. 

 

“Thank you!” Jini laughed, showing my mom the toy. “Look grandma.” 

 

“How are you, mom?” Yongguk smiled at my mom. “I’m sorry for breaking your daughter’s heart.” 

 

My mom, with tears in her eyes, shook her head and brought Yongguk for a hug. 

 

“I’m just glad you remember.” she sniffled. “Oh dear, we missed you.” 

 

Yongguk pulled away and was back by my side. He held my around the waist and kissed cheek. We excused ourselves and took Jini to the park near by my mom’s house. The morning sun was pleasant although it was a little chilly, but we were feeling the warmest in our hearts. 

 

We watched Jini play in the playground, while sitting on benched not too far away. Yongguk had his arms around my waist and I rested my chin on his shoulder. There was so much that wanted to be said but we didn’t say a word, just watching Jini play while enjoying one another’s presence. 

 

“What if you had never fell down those steps?” Yongguk asked quietly. 

 

With my chin still on his shoulder I looked up at him. He stared back down at me and leaned down to kiss my lips. 

 

“Or what if you never broke up with Siwon and I never broke up with Kimhan?” he asked again. 

 

“Why are you asking me this?” I laughed lightly. “You’re so cheesy.” 

 

“It’s because I’m grateful,” he said sincerely, not signs of humour of jokes. “More than anything, that I have you and Jini.” 

 

“Daddy!” Jini called from the playground.

 

We looked up and saw that she was pushing her stuffed toy down the slide and sliding down after it. She laughed innocently and waved at us, we gladly returned her wave before she went about playing on her own again. 

 

“She looks like you.” Yongguk said. “The little girl that was careless enough to fall over.” 

 

“She looks more like you.” I smiled. “The kid that was generous enough to help a careless girl like me.” 

 

Yongguk chuckled sheepishly and looked down at me, I forward and planted a soft peck onto his lips, when he surprised me by placing a hand on my cheek keeping me there. His lips moved softly against mine, as I closed my eyes and told myself this was all I needed. 

 

I knew that I loved Yongguk, but it was in that moment that I had discovered I loved him so much more than I thought I could. After what we went through, I was taught to appreciate him a lot more. The careless little girl had learnt her lesson and loved the generous little boy so much. So, so much. 

__________________

 

A/N: Wow!! So that's the end of the story. I hope you all liked the story. I appreciate your comments and subscriptions so much. Hopefully you weren't too confused with my switching of time frame. Hopefully you'll support me in my furture stories as well. I LOVE YOU GUYS!! 

 

Much love, leaderyg