[Surprise You]

Thoughts That Were

“Morning.” I heard Yongguk say softly. 

 

Keeping my eyes closed, I smiled and snuggled closer to him. I felt the warmth of his bare chest and opened my eyes. Momentarily I panicked and my eyes darted around, feeling the bedsheets against my body, my face reddened. 

 

“Please close your eyes.” I mumbled, hiding away from him. “You’re not allowed to look at me.” 

 

“What?” Yongguk chuckled. “What’s wrong?”

 

I felt Yongguk sit up and I quickly grabbed the sheets and draped it across my whole body, hiding my face under it. It wasn’t meant to be that way. I tried talking to myself, telling myself that it was inevitable. We were married after all. Just the mere thought of it made my face flash heat. 

 

“Are you seriously hiding from me?” Yongguk laughed. “Definitely not what you did last night. You were-“

 

“Please stop talking.” I mumbled, blushing. “I know what I did.” 

 

There was a short moment of silence and then I felt Yongguk pinch the sheets gently, peeling it off of me. Only enough for him to see my face. I quickly squeezed my eyes shut and was determined not to see his face. I felt his breath against my skin and it was followed by an amused chuckle. 

 

“I’m going to take a shower.” he said slowly. “And I’m hoping that by the time I come out, you’ve snapped out of… whatever phase you’re in right now.” 

 

Swiftly, he bent down and planted a kiss onto my lips. I opened my eyes just in time to shot him a glare. 

 

“I hate you.” I mumbled, still remembering the feeling of his cold morning lips. 

 

“Aw, but I love you,” he pouted. “Mrs.Bang.” 

 

Knowing that the cheesiness ticked me off, Yongguk laughed and I sat up, keeping the covers around me, roughly throwing a pillow at him with my free hand- that wasn’t clutching the sheets. I slumped back down in bed and rested an arm on my forehead. 

 

“Why are you embarrassed?” I mumbled to myself.  “It’s Yongguk, your best friend. He’s your husband now. You guys are married now.”

 

After a solid ten minutes of self talking, I finally snapped out of my whiny state and made a decision to put some clothes on. I dug around in my luggage of some clothes and slipped them on. I roughly grabbed a hair band and secured my hair into a messy bun and looked around our new bedroom.

 

For our wedding present, Yongguk’s parents and my mom helped us financially in buying an apartment. Instead going on a week honeymoon, we decided to spend that week to move into the apartment. It was a cozy space with a view of the city, which was breath taking at night. It was all I had ever wanted. 

 

“Babe, you want some breakfast?” Yongguk stepped out of the bathroom in a black t-shirt and sweat pants. 

 

“No.” I said, turning around to him. “I actually want to start sorting out the wardrobe and all. All this mess is annoying me.” 

 

Yongguk stopped in front of me and placed and hand on my cheek. Then rested his other hand on my hip. I looked up at him and smiled as his placed a kiss onto my forehead. 

 

“Good, you’re dressed.” he laughed. “I thought you would still be sulking in bed like a little girl.”

 

“I was not.” 

 

“Yes, you were.” 

 

“No. I. Wasn't.”

_______________

 

The apartment turned out nicely after we had moved everything in and fixed everything up. Our parents had picked out an apartment with two bedrooms and it was obvious they were expecting a third family member. 

 

I remember asking why there was an extra bedroom and I heard my mom snicker silently. She then gave Yongguk’s mom and knowing look. Although both our parents refused to answer the question, I had a pretty good idea of what they wanted. 

 

Yongguk and I had never talked about the idea of children because when we got married, everyone knew that we were going to have kids. Yongguk was crazy about kids and I was too. We didn’t think the subject needed to be discussed since we both knew that we wanted kids. But when we got married I never actually expected for it to happen so quickly or suddenly. 

_______________ 

 

“Yongguk.” I whispered, placing a shaky hand on his shoulders and nudging him softly. 

 

Yongguk let out a groan stirring slightly but not waking up. The room was dark and I could only see his face partially in the night. I drew in another breath and tried again. 

 

“Yongguk, wake up.” I whispered.

 

As he rubbed his eyes and sat up in bed, I let the fact sink in harder and I was even more overwhelmed, letting another choked sob escape me. Yongguk leaned on the headboard and squinted his eyes at me, he furrowed his eyebrows but then worry came over his face when he saw my tears. 

 

“Babe, what’s wrong?” he whispered, holding my face in his hands and wiping my tears away gently. “Is everything okay?” 

 

Looking at the concern in his face I let out another sob and buried myself into his chest, bringing my arms around him. I was more than okay, I was feeling the greatest. Nothing could have possibly been better than what I was feeling. 

 

Yongguk placed one hand on my back and his other hand at the back of my head. He played with my hair knowing that it made me more relaxed while telling me that everything would be okay. Of course everything would be okay, on the contrary, I felt like everything would be more than okay from then on. 

 

“What’s wrong? You can’t keep crying, you’re worrying me.” he pulled away and fixed my hair. 

 

I wiped my tears away swiftly and sniffled quietly. I placed both my hands on Yongguk’s cheeks and kissed his lips softly. 

 

“I love you.” I smiled. “So much. I love you so much.” 

 

Yongguk raised his brow but smiled when he realized that I wasn’t hurt or upset, little out a small breath of relief.

 

“We’re having a baby.” I whispered, feeling tears brim my eyes again. “Yongguk, I’m pregnant.” 

 

Yongguk let the biggest and most happiest smile make its way onto his face. Bringing me entirely into his arms, he hugged me tightly and I laughed while wiping my tears away slowly. The moment was perfect and it had to be one of the most perfect moment of my life. 

 

“Oh my gosh, you are the most perfect person in the world.” Yongguk said. “Thank you. Thank you so much.” 

 

Yongguk made me sit leaning on the headboard of our bed and he lowered himself, pressing his ear onto my stomach. 

 

“I hear our baby.” he laughed. 

 

“Liar.” I stuck out my tongue. “Yongguk, our baby is still a tiny egg. Just wait a little longer.” 

 

“Sh.” he put a finger to his lips. “Don’t ruin this for me, please.” 

 

I laughed and shook my head, looking down at him with his ear still pressed against my stomach. I  ran my hand through his hair, playing with it as he continued to claim that he could hear our baby. After he was happy he placed a warm kiss in the middle of my stomach and came up, planting a kiss onto my lips. 

 

“Our baby said you shouldn’t worry too much and you should rest more.” Yongguk said. “Baby also said that daddy’s pretty cool.” 

 

“Really, now?” I raised my eyebrows. 

 

“Really.” he nodded. “Baby said it. Not me.” 

 

I nodded, not wanting to break the news to him that he already had the lame dad jokes ready. I wanted to save him the heartbreak. 

 

Yongguk brought an arm around my shoulder and brought me into his chest. I closed my eyes and let out a small breath. My hand found his and I entwined our fingers together. I brought his hand to my face and grazed the back of his hand against my cheek. 

 

“I’ll be a better husband.” he whispered. “I’ll also be a good dad. Trust me, okay?” 

 

I nodded and felt him kiss the top of my head. 

 

“I’ll always trust you.” I said. “No matter what.”