Five pt.II

Thoughts That Were

 

“Your house shouldn’t be too bad.” my mom said, as she drove me back home. “I went over and cleaned it everyday for you.” 

 

“I helped too, mommy.” Jini smiled. 

 

“Thanks mom, thanks baby.” I said. 

 

After that night, Yongguk didn’t go to the hospital to visit me anymore but only called to see how I was. His calls were very rushed because it seemed that Jungwoo, Kimhan’s son was also sick and he had to take care of him.

 

Yongguk said that he couldn’t be home with me when I was discharged but he said that he would come home at night. As my mom turned into the driveway, I saw a strange car already parked there. My mom looked at the car in confusion and parked at the sidewalk in front of my house instead.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows and stepped out of the car, about to check who parked at my house when the person in the car also stepped out. Kimhan closed her car door and fixed her hair, taking her sunglasses off and putting them on top of her head. 

 

“Mom, you and Jini go inside first.” I said. 

 

My mom nodded and lead Jini into the house, leaving me and Kimhan outside. 

 

“If you’re looking for Yongguk, he’s not home.” I said. 

 

“I know.” she shrugged. “He’s at my house, taking care of my son. I’m here to talk to you.”

 

“What is there to talk about?” I said, already feeling angry. 

 

But then I knew that if I wanted to ‘win’ the battle, I had to stay calm and I had to think before I spoke.

 

“You know why I’m here.” she scoffed. 

 

“I don’t like guessing games.” I crossed my arms. “Tell me why you’re here, or please leave. I need to rest.” 

 

Ever since Yongguk dated her the first time, I had disliked Kimhan. She was the one who stole my best friend away from me, only to break his heart and hurt him. I never had a chance to associate with her enough to scold her for hurting Yongguk. 

 

“Yongguk’s been stressed lately.” Kimhan sighed. “He’s been saying how you haven’t answered him about the divorce but he doesn’t want to bring it up, because he feels sorry for you.” 

 

“And you here because…” I urged, my patience was running short. 

 

“I’m here on Yongguk’s behalf, to tell you to let him go.” she said. “Can’t you tell that he doesn’t love you anymore? Neither you of your daughter. Or are you just delusional?” 

 

“Don’t talk about my daughter.” I shot back. 

 

“He’s in love with me.” Kimhan smiled. “And in love with Jungwoo, my son. So I would appreciate it if you respected Yongguk and cut him loose so he can be with who he wants.”

 

“First of all, don’t talk about respect with me.” I said. “If you respected Yongguk, you wouldn’t have come to see me, because I highly doubt that he knows you’re here. So don’t be telling me what respect is.” 

 

“I-“

 

“Secondly, legally, Yongguk and I are still married so you’re actually the intruder and it should be ME telling YOU to back off until we have sorted things out. So I would appreciate it if you knew who you were in this whole thing.” 

 

“Excuse me, but-“

 

“I need rest, it was nice of you drop by. Please drive home safely.” I smiled at her briefly and made my way inside. 

_______________

 

That night I was sitting in bed, reading a book while Jini was asleep on my lap, waiting for Yongguk to get home. I had thought a lot and had everything ready. When I heard Yongguk come home, I sighed and put my book down and shifted to tuck Jini into my bed properly. I was preparing myself for what was coming next, because knowing Kimhan, she could have twisted the story and told Yongguk something different. 

 

“Hey, how you feeling?” Yongguk came into the bedroom before I could make my way outside. 

 

“I’m okay but I need to talk to you.” I said. 

 

“Me too.” Yongguk said lowly. 

 

“What happened with you and Kimhan this morning?” he said straight away. “She came home saying that you confronted her when she came over to check up on you.” 

 

“You have got to be kidding me.” I sighed. “She came and confronted me about you, when I just got home.” 

 

“You’re lying.” he looked at me with a bit of accusation. 

 

“Yongguk, you’re lying to yourself by denying this.” I said. “Think about it. Did you know that she came to see me?” 

 

Yongguk shook his head. 

 

“Exactly, is she really did come with a positive cause, she would have told you.” I threw my hands up. “It was only because we had an argument that she turned the story around.” 

 

Although I was strong and stood up to defend myself, I was also very hurt that he would choose to believe Kimhan over me. To jump to a conclusion before he had heard both sides of the story. I was disappointed but most of all, I was hurt. 

 

Yongguk stood there in thought and I could see in his eyes that he was trying to deny it. He knew deep within himself that I was not the type to start a fight or the type to cause a stir. But I also felt sorry for him, loving Kimhan to the point where he was blinded. 

 

“Now I have to talk to you.” I said. 

 

I turned over to my dresser table and grabbed the documents I had just printed. With all my will power and all my strength, I handed them to Yongguk. 

 

“What’s this?” he whispered. 

 

“What you’ve wanted for a long time now.” I sighed. “These are the documents to our divorce but also the documents to your freedom.”

 

Yongguk stared at the documents in what seemed like disbelief and then looked at me. He looked at me as if he didn’t believe that I had finally agreed. Looking into his eyes made my knees got weak, making me want to consider the divorce but I couldn’t. I had put so much thought and tears into it. 

 

“I’ve already signed it.” I said. “So it’s all up to you.” 

 

Yongguk let his eyes roam the room a bit until they landed on the luggage next to my dresser table.

 

“What about those? What are those?” he pointed. 

 

“I figure that I should step out of the house for you to think.” I said. “I thought that maybe with me in the house, it would be difficult for you. So I’m staying at my mom’s until you call me and confirm everything.”

 

“You don’t have to-“ 

 

“Yongguk, I’ve put so much thought and so much strength into this, so please don’t stop me.” I sighed. “I’ve prepared myself for it so please don’t stop me, incase I can’t go through with it.” 

 

Yongguk was about to say something but shut his mouth.

 

“Please help my bring my luggage to my car.” I whispered. “I’ll carry Jini out.”

 

He nodded slowly and placed the documents on the table, lifting my luggage and making his way outside first. I carefully lifted Jini into my arms, trying not to wake her. Since we were both dressed and ready to leave, I only had to slip some shoes on. 

 

“I’ll see you soon hopefully.” I sighed after I put Jini in the car.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay with this?” Yongguk asked. 

 

I smiled lightly and nodded. 

 

“Just please remember,” I felt a lump in my throat. “No matter what your decision is, no matter where you are or who you’re with, I will always completely love you.” 

 

I put my arms around his neck and brought him close. It could have well been the last time that we were together as a married couple and I knew that. With my reluctance, I pulled away quickly got into the car before he could see my tears. 

 

I drove off into the direction of my mom’s house and did not look back, because it was too late to regret. 

 

 

 

 

Had to split the chapter into 2 becasue it was too long. Long update to make up for my hiatus. BUT NOW I'M BACK! Hope you enjoyed.