Entry 196-200

Strayed

08.03.2016

Baekhyun is done with whatever he needed to do in our hometown, and he has moved here! He’s currently staying in a place the entertainment company he’s working for assigned, but it’s not very far from our place, just a thirty minute bus ride and we’ll be able to see each other!

That was the first thing I did when news of him arriving reached my ears. He was kind of expecting it, since I was always known as “the one who is most eager” to him. And hey, I’m a good friend, I brought him a welcome gift of different assortments of chocolates.

I continued to bug him about the mysterious girl he liked, but he wouldn't tell me anything and instead settled for a “you’ll know when you see the person”. I cannot wait any longer, I need to know. Why won’t he tell me?

I proceeded to bombard him with numerous questions concerning the lucky girl. I managed to get a brief description of her. Let’s see, someone taller than me, younger than him but older than me, is forever cheerful, doesn't get angry easily and works as a bartender. I have no idea man. The only one I know who fits into that description is Raejin, but she doesn't work as a bartender, so she’s out. He’s right then, I’ll know when I see the person. This has been a wild goose chase, I’ll never know who it is he likes…


15.03.2016

The professor briefed the students who were selected for the internship about the trip we were going to make to the company three weeks later. I didn't make it to the top five percent, but the professor explained that if a student shows great potential, he or she might be selected for it too, which explains why I was there listening to the briefing.

If I didn't get in, I think I would complete my course and join Ji ae and Hyori in their business. But now that I have a chance at achieving something great, why not take it? I’m sure they’ll be supportive of my decision.

Also, how did hell girl manage to squeeze herself into this project? Last time I checked, she wasn't the top few who were instantly selected, which only means she got in because the professors think that she has great potential. I only have one question: How?? Miyu had a better chance and she didn't get in.

Is she rich or something? Probably, considering she rides in a fancy sports car to school everyday, not that I notice intentionally. Still, shouldn't this be based on merit and ability alone? It’s not like it will benefit her a lot even if she did manage to win the project.


22.03.2016

Kori has been acting weird recently, I think I should get her spayed soon, lest she starts going around mating with other cats. Especially with Koro in the house now, I have to take action fast.

Oh I forgot, Koro is the new male calico cat Kori brought home yesterday. I accidentally let her out for a day and she finds another cat to bring home, a male one at that. Which means now, I have two pet cats. Am I turning into what they call a cat lady?

Ji ae’s and Hyori’s business is booming, and they’re finalising the conversion of the shop into a cat cafe next week! The few cats they adopted from the animal shelter will be living in the shop from next week onwards, since the shelter needs time to process their documents. There’s also an extension in the process of renovation beside the main cafe so the cats will have a place to sleep at night.

I should seriously consider working for them, just because I get to work with adorable little felines.


29.03.2016

Lay is coming next week, and he’s staying for good! He’s staying in a small flat a forty-five minute bus ride away from us though, which makes visits difficult.

The trainee idols were allowed to dye their hairs apparently, to test for the colours that might suit them during their debut. Deerface wants to be funny and dyed his hair a strawberry red, similar to the violet-red I had, only brighter. Kai was not so ambitious, so he dyed it dark brown.

Kris’ workload seemed to be lightening, because he began going home earlier recently. He explained that the company he was working for was expanding, thus the increasing number of reports throughout the past few months. I think it was some cosmetics company, I’m not sure because I didn't get to ask before Hyori pulled him away to enjoy their couple time. He seemed to want to tell me something too, but he didn't get the chance. Oh well, I’m sure it’s not something of great importance if he didn't tell me right away.


05.04.2016

I’m going for an internship at a company my university is affiliated with tomorrow. Wish me luck, I may be able to secure a position there if I show good results. If I’m not wrong, the position up for grabs is one in the advertisement department.

I have done some research about the company; it’s a cosmetics company and they have nice products. In fact, I’ve been using some of their products for the past year now, and I’m quite satisfied with them.

The company shot up to fame six months ago (though it has been around for many years now and it’s fairly successful but people started taking special notice of their products recently), and they’re in need of staff members urgently, that’s why they even offered internships to universities, in search of young individuals who show great potential in the industry. Some of these internships even offer high positions in the company.

There’s no telling whether this company will continue to soar or fall after a period of time, but I’m interested in the job, and I believe that I will enjoy my time there. Do-Be Corporations, here I come!


Hey guise, sorry for the hasty ending, I’ll update a proper author’s note tomorrow, along with the sequel.

-vihyun