Entry 101-105

Strayed

16.02.2015-20.02.2015

Hwajae and I took a coach from Gwangyang yesterday night and reached Seoul early this morning. Man, the air is already different.

Our first stop was our apartment, obviously. Kai came to pick us up in a taxi and offered to bring our luggage to the house since we only had one each. It was sweet of him, but I was quite sure he did that for the purpose of impressing Hwajae.

Everything seemed to be working fine (except the air-conditioner). I was hoping there would be an oven so I can bake whenever I’m free but oh well, it was a pretty good deal for a low price so what else can I ask for?


Kai disappeared for the day, saying he had to practise whatever he had to practise. He also told us he only managed to pick us up yesterday was because he snuck out. Before leaving, he gave each of us a set of keys to the apartment and informed that he will not be coming back for the night, and two nights after that. Or three. Nothing’s really confirmed.

I feel sad for Hwajae. And myself. Because when Kai is not around, she will turn to me for entertainment, when I just want to laze in bed all day.

By the way, we went out and I got an oven after all. Bad decision, even when we got the smallest one in the store, it still occupied almost a quarter of the space in there, which meant only half of the space was available for people to walk in, because another quarter was taken up by the stove.


We went around the neighbourhood to have a feel of how our neighbours are like. No, we are not the type to go knocking on every door, offering home-baked cookies and asking them to take care of us. Instead, we casually walked around and talked to whoever initiated conversations with us.

There was this guy who went for a jog and bumped into Hwajae while we were so deeply engrossed in our own conversation, so it was our fault actually. Still, he apologised and introduced himself. I think his name was Minseok or something, and he lives right next door! How cool is that?

On second thought, maybe I should bake those cookies, for selected neighbours (because I’m biased).


So I did bake cupcakes in the end and Hwajae helped with the icing, which wasn't exactly the best idea because she did really weird patterns on all of them when my initial idea was just to cover the top in swirls. Well, too late to bake another batch, so I gave them to those neighbours who chatted us up yesterday anyway.

Also, I think Hwajae noticed as well, because Minseok kept eyeing her. I think he’s interested in her and Kai should seriously spend more time with her soon, not that she will stray or anything.


No, I’m very serious right now. Minseok came knocking on our front door, asking for our numbers and telling us that if we ever need anything, we could give him a ring. And he specifically asked for Hwajae.

Should I be worried now? Kai you better come back before this guy snatches your girl away.