Entry 181-185

Strayed

24.11.2015

I took Kori to the vet again today, and she seems to be healthy. She’s a happy four-month-old kitten as of now.

I successful trained her to do her business in the litter box (with a lot of work and patience), and it was worth it, considering I don't have to clean up after her whenever she felt like going to the loo all around the living room from now on. Hwajae was also pretty frustrated when she stepped on the kitten’s urine after she just had her shower, though I couldn't exactly take her seriously because the look on her face was priceless!

I seem to be overspending on cat toys and accessories lately, and I’m buying more food than Kori can finish. This happened with my previous pet hamster, which tells me I should really control my spending. But that fancy collar would look nice on Kori…

Oh god, I need Hwajae to lock up my wallet so I don't go around buying unnecessary things again.

On another note, it started snowing, though the ice melted away as soon as it fell.


01.12.2015

I’ve been hooked on a song dimple boy composed for the past two days. Seriously, how does he do it? I never fail to get myself addicted to his songs. I wonder who the song is for though…

Instead of continuing to be a freelance composer, he should probably stick to one entertainment, but I guess he wants his freedom. I’m not going to deprive him of that.

Kai heard about Hwajae’s failed interview and he only shrugged it off, saying that it would be hard to enter if she was still attending school. Unlike him, he wasn't attending any school at the point of time of his interview, so with determination and hard work, he got in.

I sincerely hope that wasn't his reaction when Hwajae told him the news, because that would have broken her heart. Maybe he was more encouraging when Hwajae was around? And he didn't need to say anything encouraging around me? He looked like he already knew beforehand though, so I think Hwajae told him before I did? So many questions, too little guts to ask.

I wanted to ask him about their relationship status, since he was already here and it’s so hard to contact him nowadays, but the voices in my head got muffled as time went by. It’s probably not the best time.

I found my mind asking myself later on, “Then when is the best time?” Not just for this, but for everything else.


08.12.2015

Bless Tao and Raejin. I am forever indebted to them.

Tao dyed his hair blonde and Raejin did obvious orange highlights just so they can divert the student body’s attention away from me. I love them, I really do. And their hair colours suit them really well.

They told me that they have been thinking of dyeing their hair since last year, but I gave them the courage to proceed with it, so they should be thanking me instead. I think they only said that to make me feel better. They are the nicest people in the world, I swear.

They didn't receive as much discrimination though, mainly because they already have a reputation and they are seniors.

I honestly don't get how this works. It’s not like I killed someone to get the colour of hair I wanted, so why is it considered such a “taboo”?

Oh and remember that girl who promised to make my life in university a living hell? She’s back again because of this issue, and she never fails to make snide remarks whenever I’m in earshot. I should just nickname her hell girl, since she loves to make people’s lives difficult. (Her name’s Sojin by the way.)

Why is this happening to me?


15.12.2015

It’s Hwajae’s birthday this week! We planned to close the cafe and decorate the place so we can celebrate her special day in the evening. Even Kai made time for the celebration! (He actually pretended to be ill and snuck out when he’s supposed to be at the dorm.)

Ji ae baked the cake and Hyori was in-charge of decorating it, but something cropped up along the way and the cake looked really weird in the end with a space-like design. Somehow, I think Kris had something to do with the process, that’s why he was able to get his grubby hands on the cake and change the design.

We left Kai to be alone with Hwajae after the party. Hah not really. When do we ever leave a couple alone?

We pretended to leave the shop, into their house, but we actually left for the security room where we could watch them using the security cameras. I knew the shop would be a great location to throw the party! However, that also means this will not work for the next birthday person.

The two of them seemed to be talking at first, but we couldn't make out what they were talking about because the shop’s security cameras didn't have the audio function. Then they proceeded to make out.

We didn't want to watch the rest, so we had no choice but to interrupt them by opening the door abruptly and crashing through. They were shocked, of course, jaws dropping to the ground, then Hwajae looked like she realised something. “You guys were spying on us, weren’t you” was what she exclaimed.

Oops, sorry, not sorry.


22.12.2015

After Hwajae’s birthday party, we set up our very own party for Christmas the week after. It was rushed, but still fun and meaningful. We invited Baozi too, since he was alone in his house and we didn't want anybody to feel lonely in this festive season.

We got to decorate a Christmas tree, but because of all our conflicting opinions (on the lights and ornaments), we spent two hours on it. I wanted to put the all the colourful lights around the tree but Hyori said it would be prettier if we just used primary colours, which resulted in a vote. Hyori won in the end because it would look messy if we used all the colours.

Kris got packets of glow-in-the-dark stickers in the shape of stars and stuck them all over the ceiling against the black background. It turned out really nice after we switched the lights off, it felt like we were out camping under the moonlit sky.

And who could forget the turkey and log cake? Kai was fighting over parts of the stuffed bird with Kris, to which Kai won in the end because of his sheer passion for cooked birds (chickens specifically). Hwajae wanted to cut the cake but Ji ae had the same idea, so we let the both of them hold the knife and cut it at the same time.

A food fight ensued when Baozi decided to smear some cream onto my face, and me, not wanting to back down, took a fistful of cream from the side of the cake and flung it across the room to a fleeting Baozi. He successfully dodged it, which resulted in the cream landing on Hyori, and you can guess what happened from there.

We made a huge mess out of the cafe, but it took us only a short thirty minutes to clean up the place since there were many hands. Well, teamwork does make everything a whole lot easier.

I never want this group to separate, ever.


Whoa I read a few of the chapters again and I realised a major mistake I made. It’s nothing serious, but it’s weird. Did anyone else catch it? (I corrected it already by the way.)

-vihyun