Fact

Fiction: You are My Story to Tell

 

With all the panicking feeling inside of him, he hurried running from back and forth on the hallway trying to peek on every classroom hoping it was there—but it was no where to be found. He grew frustrated as he sank into his usual classroom and gave up on sitting on one of the chairs she used to sit. All the memories he tried to remember… all those things they did he tried to count… all those reasons he tried to list…

“Are you looking for this?” a voice caught up his attention. He his back revealing a girl with long brown hair falling on her back perfectly. And she was lifting up from her hand—the notebook.

Junhyung immediately stood up, “How did you… get that?” he asked as he stared at her.

“You left it at the canteen. You’re lucky I got it, your secrets are in good hands!” she squealed as she handed him the notebook. “I’m Goo Hara anyways… and by the way, before I leave, I wanted to compliment you for your writings… it was extremely good! I suppose you can be a writer someday!” she said before she bid good bye.

And he was left there surprised—Jae Min could have said that too if she was here, she’ll be the first one to compliment him. Too bad she left, she wouldn’t come back.

 

The past few days had been busy for Beast because of their drawing near concert, as well as Jae Min. Min and Min’s auntie. They have been busy touring around in Japan… checking on the types of garments and as well as their taste in clothing. Everything went well as well as Jae Min’s relationship with Junhyung. She wasn’t sure enough or she can’t be sure enough that they were officially together if Junhyung still had Hara waiting in Korea. Clearly, she doesn’t want to be just other woman but she doesn’t want to be a boyfriend stealer also. She just knew she love him the way she used to love him even before.

 

Junhyung, on the other hand, hasn’t cleared up his mind although he much enjoyed Jae Min’s presence near him. It seemed to be perfect but unfortunately it wasn’t. Hara had always been nice. He had once promised but he broke his promise. He really can’t resist Jae Min and even Hara. So… it was all so complicated. He just knew he was happy—very happy.

 

One day before the concert was dedicated for their rest. Jae Min was out with Min probably going out for a shopping as well as Min’s aunt. The Beast members were busy with their own businesses. Doojoon was busy watching soccer game along with Hyun Seung who had just prepared pop corn for the two of them. Kikwang with his PSP, furiously shouting whenever he would lose the game. Yoseob with his lap top playing….. Angry birds. Dongwoon perhaps having a call from his parents.

 

And Junhyung resting alone with in his room with the notebook that he ever kept and a pen he w as handling for minutes. He was looking from afar, trying to think of something he could write. Something new… he  haven’t written anything since when he declared he had moved on but it was a secret that he always bring his  notebook with him wherever he go. 

 

He was thinking of how he would start a new chapter again—a happy chapter where he was happy. He heaved a sigh as he smiled to himself. He had remembered the day when he dreamed to wake up next to her—and it happened.

 

Upon waking up from a good sleep, I was welcomed with the bright sun light directly landing on my face signaling it was time to wake up. I turned my body on the other side of the bed without me remembering that I was sleeping with an angel beside me. I smiled to myself as I studied every angle of her face—she had a fair complexion that glows with a hint of pink… her eyes although closed; I could picture her mesmerizing eyes that had always hypnotized me… Her lips always pursed… She was perfect.

She suddenly groaned as she fluttered her eyes open. I immediately closed my eyes trying to pretend to be asleep. I felt a little irritated quite knowing she was staring at me so I opened my eyes and saw her secretly smiling.

 

Junhyung was stopped as he heard someone walked through his door—they must not see him writing. A knock was heard and there came Doojoon’s voice, “Junhyung? What are you doing? “

 

 Junhyung stood up as he hides the notebook and pen below his pillow. He composed himself before he opened the door. “Oh, hyung you need something?” he asked

 

“Well Hara was on the phone” Doojoon replied as he showed his phone to Junhyung.

 

  “Wait, why did she call you instead of me?” Junhyung asked before getting the phone from Doojoon.

 

“She said your phone was turned off.” Doojoon replied motioning for him to answer the phone immediately.

 

Junhyung placed the phone on his ear as he tried to wait for Hara’s voice. “Junhyung  ?” the voice said, it was Hara.

 

 “Oh hey, I’m sorry I forgot to call you… I think I forgot to charge my phone as well… schedules are busy, you know…  I’m really sorry, Hara. “

 

“Its okay, Junhyung… I didn’t call to interrogate you… I just wanted to know you’re safe there…” Hara replied with her ever sweet voice.

 

“Of course, I was... Thanks for your concerns… Well, you want something?” Junhyung asked as he remembered Hara’s addiction of collecting random stuffs from other countries.

 

 “Anything, anything from you” Her voice seemed excited by this time.  “Oh, I have to go now. Bye Junnie, I love you!”

 

 “Okays, bye…”  Junhyung replied as he ended the call. Doojoon was unknowingly still there waiting for him. “Oh, hyung thanks for letting me use your phone,” Junhyung forced a smile handing the phone to Doojoon.

 

“You should have told her…” Doojoon muttered

 

“I can‘t... it’s better to tell her personally.” Junhyung replied

 

“Well then,” Doojoon sighed

 

It’s a fact
My mind knows, but my heart says that it can’t get accustomed to it
The urge to protect you comes to me without me knowing, it also seems like my clinging
This situation that fell on top of my head randomly
I can no longer handle it
If I can’t empty you, I will try to fill it up again
I will rewrite the story of you and I

 

**THE NEXT MORNING**

 

It was finally the day for their awaited concert. Things were already ready it was just for them to get ready and let the show start. Junhyung, quiet busy with his clothes, had remembered their concert back in Korea—where he met Jae Min again. Thanks to Kikwang, that chick boy. But it was that day then when Hara, for the first time, had given all her support to him; she even canceled all her appointments just for him. When she surprised him with a chocolate cake—though it was not his favorite—he was quiet touched by that. Her naughty attitude… the way she always wanted to feed him like a baby.

 

“What’s with the smile?”

 

Junhyung his back and saw Jae Min with the usual wear, smiling perfectly at him. She was simply mesmerizing. But wait—why is he smiling by the way?

 

“Oh, Uh… I was just excited.” Junhyung replied as he smiled back. Why was he smiling? He asked himself once again. It was Hara. Yes, it was Hara. “… I remembered Hara” he muttered

 

“Really? You must have missed her” Then he realized, oh Jae Min was there behind him… why did he even mentioned that?

 

Junhyung froze at the moment he realized her smile faded a bit and it was quiet obvious she was faking a smile. “Oh, yeah… I just remembered how she… she treated me…” Junhyung forced a smile though it seemed awkward.

 

“Way better than I have been… I am really that worst.” Jae Min stated as her smile really faded into a sad expression the same expression she had when she broke up with him. That expression he had never seen from her—the expression he thought the last he will ever see from her.

 

“No, Jae Min—“

 

“I shouldn’t have bothered you! I’m so sorry... I better leave and help ahjumma… Good luck on your performances later! You sure are going to be the best there! Bye!” Jae Min smiled again and simply left.  Is this another chance of her avoiding me? Or probably the reason of her leaving again?