Though I Call

Fiction: You are My Story to Tell

 

Days had passed they felt awkward around each other’s presence. But they don’t want to lose each other either. They became close friends, but this is another case. Having them confess to each other was awkward for they never had someone special before.

 

Jae Min had finished taking the measurements of the Beast members except for Junhyung. She find it hard to look at him or even call his name and tell him he’s next. He find it hard to look at her especially if it was directly to her eyes. He tried to keep himself busy with his phone randomly typing words he wanted to say.

 

Hem Hem” Doojoon faked a cough to catch everyone’s attention especially Junhyung. Junhyung looked up to him. “Well, Junhyung we’ll wait for you outside…” Doojoon said motioning for the others to leave them.

 

They all got out of the shop except for Junhyung who was left dumbfounded. He stood up slowly and walked to her attention. Without having hesitations, she gets herself ready to take his measurements. He looked at the other direction to avoid looking at her.

 

She started measuring on his neck. Putting the tape measure around his neck she made the position like she was going to wrap her arms around his neck. By that, Junhyung closed his eyes for a split second trying to shrug off his thoughts of her back when they first kissed.

 

This has been the longest time that ever happened on Junhyung’s life. Where he prayed for many times for it to happen fast but it didn’t happened fast instead, it happened in a very slow motion. Whenever her fingers would brush on his skin he would close his eyes and try to forget what he was thinking. He felt as though he wanted to hold her and never let her go.

 

Last thing was on his waist, where she looked like she was going to hug him when she put the tape measure around his waist. Junhyung can’t take it anymore. “Do you really planned this?” his voice seemed shaky as if he was stopping himself from doing something he wanted.

 

“Planned what?” she asked as she straightened her body and faced him.

 

“You… you planned to go there on our concert… to… for me to see you… you pretended—“

 

“Junhyung… You know I have a demophobia since I was young…” She looked at him as if she wanted to convince him of something.

 

“Then here! You… you really intended to work here! You use every ways to haunt me! What do you really wanted to say? What do you wanted to show me? That you are now happy? You’re happy that you left me?” Junhyung said with a loud tone.

 

“Junhyung... I... I came back for you…” she hesitated but she has nothing to say.

 

“You have nothing to come back for, Jae Min.”  Junhyung simply stated before he exited on the door.

 

***

 

I will change, anything works so just tell me what to change
The answer to our problems is never farewell
If the love between you and I froze like the cold winter thorn, I’ll try to melt it again
You, you, just like now just don’t let go of my hands

 

Since when they got back, Junhyung had never wanted to get out of his room. All the Beast members knew why and what had got into him. They worry that Junhyung might go back the way he used to be back when she left.

 

After hours, a knock was heard on Junhyung’s door. Junhyung quickly hid his notebook on the drawer and brought back to his senses. “Come in, it’s not locked.” He said

 

“Junhyung…” Doojoon said as soon as he got inside his room. He sat down on the edge of Junhyung’s bed.

 

“Hyung… She told me… she… came back for me…” Junhyung said in a soft tone as if whispering.

 

“Junhyung, do you really love Hara?” Doojoon looked directly to his eyes as if telling him to say the truth.

 

“I do… but as a… Dongsaeng… I don’t know! I don’t know what I have to feel! I don’t understand it!” Junhyung said desperately.

 

“Don’t try to run away from your true feelings… follow what you feel. The more you run away from it, the more its going to haunt you. Face it.” Doojoon encouraged him.

 

“I told her… she had nothing to came back for, hyung.” Junhyung replied

 

“If you two were really meant to be, time will make a way for you to meet again.” Doojoon smiled.

 

***

 

“Unnie…” her tears can’t stop from falling. She felt as though her heart literally broke into two.

 

“Jae Min, don’t lose hope… What if he doesn’t mean it?” Min tried to comfort her.

 

“Yes, he does mean it.” She replied wiping on her cheeks.

 

“Fate will make a way if you two were really meant for each other.” Min stated

 

“I hope so… Unnie, I love him... I do love him… I just can’t…. tell him…” she sobbed again

 

“There’ll be a way for you to tell him… you see he was really affected by your presence! It only means he still feels something for you… He still loves you, Jae Min. But he was dominated by the feeling of sadness back when you left him.”