Fiction: You Are My Story to Tell

Fiction: You are My Story to Tell

 

“Dad, what do I do when the one I love leaves me without saying anything?” the teenage boy asked the man beside him as they sat together on the picnic mat. The man smiled remembering his love life.

“Wait till she get back,” the man simply answered

“What if I got tired of waiting?” the boy asked as he looked at the man beside him.

“That only means you don’t really love her…” the man replied

“What if she didn’t get back? How about me? What would happen if I would only wait?” the boy asked again.

“Then I guess,” he man sighed as he patted the boy’s back. “You have to believe in fate”

“Have you experienced it, dad?” the boy asked curiously.

“Of course,” the man replied proudly smiling, “…and up until now I’m waiting for her,”

The boy pouted cutely. “My dad now chooses that girl over me…” The man smiled and ruffled the boy’s hair. “Aw, dad my hair!” the boy protested. “Oh, look! Its mom” the boy immediately stood up and run to his mom’s direction. He hugged the woman and pointed at the man who remained sitting while smiling.

“Hara,” the man said as the woman sat beside him.

The woman smiled at him, “How are you, Junhyung?”

Junhyung then shifted his gaze to the sun which was now going down between the two hills. He sighed and remembered everything. “I’m definitely fine,” he replied. “What about you?”

“I’m fine, too. It’s been a long time, huh.” Hara said

“How’s your husband?” Junhyung asked

“Well, he’s fine too. In fact, he came here with me. He really wanted to meet you because our son keeps on telling about you,” Hara giggled

“Does he really look like your son?”

“Yeah, our son is more like his photo copy” Hara replied, “What about you? Have you already found her? I mean, Jae Min?”

Junhyung’s smile slowly faded but he tried to smile slightly. “I’ll see her soon”

“I wish you luck,” Hara said smiling.

 

Junhyung smiled happily as he saw Hara and his husband playing with their son. They are what Junhyung call a happy family… a complete family. A family he once wanted to have. A family Jae Min always wished to have. A family they wanted to build before. A family that they planned but now, it seems impossible to have.

Junhyung’s eyes become blurry as he gets his handkerchief as wiped his eyes. He slowly stood up and decided to take a walk while waiting for the others to get back. He walked to the area where there were not much people. Then he saw a little girl sobbing.

“Mommy,” the girl sobbed as she wiped her cheeks.

Junhyung kneeled in front of the girl and tried to calm her down. “Hey baby girl, what’s the problem?”

“Mommy is missing…” the little girl replied

“Don’t worry; we’ll look for her, okay?” Junhyung smiled as he held the girl’s hand and stood up. “Don’t cry anymore…” he mumbled

Jae Min have always hated being on a large crowd. One of a good example, she doesn’t want to walk on a park alone. She always feels like she would get lost the way she did when she was young. Junhyung always hold her tight so that she wouldn’t get afraid especially in a circle of crowd. With Junhyung, she feels safe…safe enough to walk in this world.

“Mommy!” the girl shouted as she looks into a direction. The woman standing with worried eyes then smiled as she ran to the girl.

“Where have you been!” the woman said in a trembling voice. “I told you to just wait there…” the woman said. Junhyung could sense her sound of worriedness.

“I’m sorry mommy…” the girl sobbed

The woman held the girl’s cheeks. “Don’t do that again, okay? Just stay on my side, okay?” the woman said in a calming voice as she stood up to face Junhyung who was just watching them all the time.

Junhyung’s jaw dropped as his eyes widened. He tried to talk but there’s no voice coming out of his mouth. He tried to move but his body just won’t move. There is nothing but the sound of his heart beat filling his ears.

“J-Junhyung,” the woman said as she stood there with their faces few meters from each other. She felt the same way Junhyung felt… her heart beating uncontrollably against her chest. Her eyes couldn’t even blink for when she did, he might just disappear and she would realize she was just dreaming.

But this is true. He is here in front of her.

She was startled when Junhyung immediately pulled her into a tight hug without saying a word. She could smell his sweet scent. She could feel the warmth she always wanted.

Junhyung buried his face on the crook of her neck as he listened to her heart beat. He could now smell the scent he always missed. He could now feel the warmth of her presence.

“I missed you,” he said as he pulled back and faced her without breaking the close distance between them.

Jae Min found the courage to touch his face and smiled, “I missed you more,”

Junhyung closed his eyes as Jae Min brushed her hand on his cheek. He held her hand and admired its softness. “Why did you…?”

“I have to,” Jae Min whispered back smiling slightly.

“You don’t have to, I need you…” Junhyung replied

“I need you too…” Jae Min replied

“Mommy?” the girl’s voice brought them back to reality. They realized they were on a park. She realized she was with her daughter and he realized that girl was there. Junhyung looked at the girl as she tugged on Jae Min’s shirt. “Mommy, who is he?”

Jae Min smiled at the girl and shifted her face to Junhyung. Junhyung looked at her with a poker face. “So… she’s your… she’s your daughter….” The only word he could say.

“Junhyung...” she called his name softly.

“I shouldn’t have acted that way,” Junhyung avoided her eyes. “Where’s your husband?” Junhyung asked as he smiled bitterly.

Jae Min looked at him with worried eyes. She swallowed her saliva as she faced the little girl. She kneeled down in front of the girl. “You always ask me who your appa is, right?”

The girl nodded slowly. Junhyung watched Jae Min in surprise as she showed no emotion of nervousness. Instead, she was talking softly.

“Well he is your appa,” Jae Min said as he looked at Junhyung. Junhyung gave her a ‘what’ look. “Junhyung how could you forget about us, adopting a baby girl!?” Jae Min whispered frowning.

Junhyung raised an eyebrow as he let out a laugh. “I thought she was really my daughter!”

“Careful with your words, Junhyung!” Jae Min hissed as she covered the girl’s ears.

“Okay, okay…” Junhyung said as he joined Jae Min in kneeling in front of the girl. “So what’s her name?”

“Jenny,” Jae Min replied

“Well jenny, I’m your appa…” Junhyung said as he held the little girl’s hand and smiled.

Jae Min felt so much happiness as he watched Junhyung and pictured him as a perfect husband and father.

 

***

 

“What are you doing here?” she heard a voice that made her jump a bit. She her back and placed something on her back. She leaned her back to the table and smiled a bit.

“Cleaning?” she answered as she smiled nervously.

“Oh?” Junhyung rose as eyebrow as he stepped slowly drawing near her direction.

“Y-yeah,” she stuttered as she watched his steps. ‘Well, you don’t have to….. Why are you…? Don’t you have anything to do?” she asked nervously.

“Why are you so nervous?” he asked as he took the last step to face her. He lifts her chin up and chuckled at her reaction. She was blushing madly. He started to lean slowly to her face and pressed his lips to her lips. Without hesitations, Jae Min kissed him back.

The he pulled back smirking, “I knew it”

Jae Min’s eyes widened as he saw him handling the notebook she was just holding at her back. “How could you tease me!” she slapped his chest lightly.

“If you wanted to read sweet things just tell me, we’ll do it” Junhyung said

“I was not supposed to read it, I swear. It just… caught my attention.” Jae Min replied seriously.

“Okay,” Junhyung replied, “I want to ask you something”

“What is it?”

“Don’t you think we need a baby boy now?”

“What?”

“I said, I want to have a baby boy”

Jae Min laughed at his serious face. Junhyung frowned a bit at her reaction. He was being serious then Jae Min would just laugh. “Hey I’m serious,”

“I want to tell you something,” Jae Min said smiling

“What is it?”

“I love you,” she said sweetly as she s her arms around his neck.

Junhyung then smiled, “I love you more, Jae Min” he replied as he leaned to her face and pressed his lips to her lips again. 

 



 

 

 

IT WAS ORIGINALLY A TRAGEDY STORY BUT I DON'T WANT A SAD ENDING, EITHER :))

Sorry if took me a year.. hehe ^^ 

 

THANKS FOR ALL THAT SUPPORTED THE STORY!

 

Other Stories by Jessiecho:

 

1. My Fate : I love him 99 times

2. Back to December

3. 8 Sure Ways to be with Beast

4. I'm Inlove with My Bestfriend