You

Fiction: You are My Story to Tell

They were both walking back home after dismissal. Exchanging glances and shy smiles, they both know they feel the same thing for each other. Right after what happened the earlier, they felt a little awkward around each other. They were playing truth or dare—and he was dared to kiss her.

“Was that your… first kiss?” he asked shyly smiling.

“Uh… yeah…” she replied looking down on her shoes, unable to look at him because of her blushing cheeks.

“I’m sorry, I really thought… they said I’ll kiss you on your lips…” the boy chuckled a bit. He felt like he was the dumb person ever.

“It’s okay.” She finally faced her with a charming smile. “I’m glad I shared it with you, anyways.”

 

“Tell me what happened!” Min said excitedly with a loud tone.

 

“Something was about to happen… not until you came knocking on the door and ruining everything.” Jae Min smiled but showing a bit annoyed tone in her sentence.

 

“Aw~ I’m really sorry! I thought you’re through with the session…” Min winked at Jae Min.

 

“You know what… At first, I was so annoyed of you because of what you did. He shouted at me again but… later on, he… he was obviously just jealous of the other Beast members. Min, I can’t believe it! We’re… we’re together again.” Jae Min stated with a happy tone.

 

“I told you I’m going to do something, didn’t I?” Min stated and winked at her again.

 

“Thanks, unnie… but can we go back now? It’s too dark here! I’m going scared… We may get lost! And at this time, there’s no convenient stores still opened!” Jae Min said

 

“I know right, I was just using it as an alibi so that I can talk to you... Well then, have a good night!”

 

***

 

Even though I can’t say it right now, 
Even when I keep getting nervous looking at you
I always think of you 
You don’t know yet, you don’t know my love
I just need you

 

Junhyung probably stayed up waiting for her to go back. But he turned off the lights and pretended to be asleep in case she came back. What happened makes him feel a different kind of joy inside of him. He was happy, very happy—the kind of happiness he always felt back when they were together.

 

The door opened slowly making him jump a little and immediately close his eyes to pretend to sleep. Jae Min stared at his face and smiled at bit.  She knew him very w ell. But she doesn’t know how to approach him if he was trying to pretend to be asleep.

 

“I know you’re awake.” She stated as she sat on the bed staring at his face while smiling. Junhyung opened his eyes and stared at her.  Then he smiled a bit and blushed. “You weren’t still a best actor, weren’t you?”

 

“You woke me up.” Junhyung said trying to look for other reasons. Any time by now, she’d laugh.

 

“Oh fine, sleep now.” She whispered as she lay beside him and faced him.

 

“I can’t, when you’re staring at me.” Junhyung replied as he placed Jae Min’s hair behind her ear so that he could see her eyes through the dark.

 

Words were not enough to say what they were feeling for each other. Though they stayed silent for minutes staring at each other, their eyes said it all. But something was bothering him—it was Hara. Hara must have been waiting for him to call, to text but what was he doing? He felt a s though he was cheating though this is what he really feels. But Hara deserved his love too.

 

“Hara” she mumbled as she took her eyes off him. Then she smiled at him again. “Is she… a better girlfriend than I?” she asked

 

“What do you mean?” he asked, unable to say anything. Was Hara a better girl friend?

 

“Well, I am the worst girl friend ever. I left you and hurt you but I was glad you found a new girl—a new girl to fill your needs, to… to replace me.”

 

“Why do we need to talk about her now? Why don’t we talk about ourselves? Why did you left me? Why did you came back?” he said trying to change the topic, he doesn’t know his true feelings through Hara  but fir Jae Min—he thought he’d  be able to forget his feelings… but he was wrong. Doojoon was right, he’ll never know.

 

“Because… I have to.” He doesn’t have to know. He better not know.

 

“Why you have to? Am I not that enough?” he asked again

 

“I want to sleep now. Good night, Junhyung.” She said as she her back letting him face her back. He was left dumfounded. Why she was avoiding his questions? Why do she wasn’t answering it directly?

 

She was already back, why do you even wanted to ask her those things when it wouldn’t take back all that happened.  All you just know is that, she’s back and that’s what important. She was your life. She was…

 

I was the silent one who said that I was never going to have a one-sided love in my life
That I was going to meet someone who loves me
But you are the girl that who broke all of that, how sad is this
I leave a message on your phone using the emoticons that I thought were so corny
You are the first girl who changed me this much

 

***

 

The next day, she woke up facing him.  The bright sun light which directly lay on his face makes her see a more clear vision of his features.  He looks so peaceful when he was sleeping, even before. She smiled to herself but then it faded as she remembered their conversation last night.

 

He doesn’t have to know. He should not know.Her mind kept saying on her. She was feeling all the guilt inside of her, she can’t fool him.

 

Then his eyes opened making her heart beat crazily on her chest. She smiled awkwardly at him. “G-good morning.” She stuttered

 

“What time is it already?” he asked her. She got up but she was pulled back by him making her fall on his chest. She o0pened her eyes and found her face inches apart from him.

 

“Yah! What was that for?” she angrily said

 

“I asked you what time is it already…” he replied and smirked.

 

“I was about to look at the clock! But you pulled me!” she said trying to get away from his grip.

 

“Aw~ the answer is just simple. It’s time for my good morning kiss!” he smiled and kissed her on her lips.

 

“Oppa, do you know you’re still corny!?” she laughed at his expression. She was now free from Junhyung’s grip then she lay back beside him and faced him while trying to stop from laughing.

 

“Oh, so I’m corny?” he smirked as he pinned her on the bed and started to tickle her.  Just like before. It was her weakness. How could he ever forget about that? They always did that whenever she would .

 

“P-please s-stop! O-oppa!” she shouted while laughing.

 

“OH, HOW SWEET!” someone said that made them stop from laughing. They both brought back to their senses and saw everyone looking at them now. It was Yoseob’s voice and probably he caught everyone’s attention that’s why they are here now staring at the two of them.

 

“You… didn’t lock the door last night, didn’t you?” Junhyung asked her and was like glaring.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” She smiled at him.

 

“WHY? DID SOMETHING HAPPEN LAST NIGHT? That we didn’t know?” it was Yoseob again with his ever talkative mouth.

 

“A-aniyo! Nothing happened! Haha! I… I better prepare the breakfast.” Jae Min said as she got up and looked at Junhyung.

 

“You deserve another punishment.” Junhyung muttered hiding his smirk.

 

Instead of some awkward relationship between love and friendship
It feels stuffy like a road full of traffic, it isn't too far or close
I think it’s about time we got closer, the distance between you and I
I’m a little impatient, but I’m not being forceful
I'm the one who loses you after hesitation
I just want to escape the nervousness and uncertainty of losing you
I want to walk with you on a bright sunny day