chapter eight

The Book

“Miyeon…someone named Luhan is calling…I think…I know him.” Sehun picked up her phone and held it up. “Miyeon?”

He looked down to see that she had fallen fast asleep; they had stopped at his house since the snow was getting way too strong.

Sehun picked up the call and cleared his throat. “H-Hello?”

 

Luhan raised an eyebrow when his best friend didn’t pick up. “I’d like to speak to Miyeon please, who are you and why do you have her phone?”

“I’m Sehun …She’s at my place right now. We were at the park-“

“At this hour?”

Sehun nodded. “I called to see if everything was okay since she didn’t answer my texts and it turns out that she had a lot of things on her mind. We went out for fresh air and on the way back the snow …stopped us from getting home. She’s asleep right now.”

“Where are you? I’ll come pick her up right now-“

Miyeon turned around and reached for her phone. “Luhan, stop it…I’m fine.” Then she hung up and dropped her phone on the couch. “Overprotective best friend.” She mumbled.

Sehun chuckled and reached to touch her forehead. “You’re a little hot, does anything hurt?”

She shook her head. “Just…tired.”

He got up. “You can sleep in my room.”

“What about you?”

“I’ll be fine on the couch, how can I let a girl sleep here?”

Miyeon took her jacket off and pulled her hair back into a pony before glancing at him. “Thanks …a lot.”

He shook his head. “It’s nothing…Let’s not get sick, okay?”

She nodded. “Right.”

 

The next day

Miyeon opened her eyes and froze. “This…is not what my bed smells like.” She whispered to herself as she sat up. She looked around the unfamiliar room and locked her eyes on a photo frame of Sehun during his high school graduation and nodded in realization. “Right…”

Getting out of bed, she opened the door and peeked into the living room before leaving for the kitchen. Then she saw Sehun standing there in all his glory; cooking without a shirt on.

“Sehun…?”

He turned around as he flipped the last egg. “Oh you’re up.” He said. Then he noticed his own reflection when he caught himself in the toaster. “Sorry…I don’t like sleeping with a shirt on.” Sehun crossed his arms and tried to cover himself up, well…not that he needed to.

Miyeon flushed red and covered her face as she turned around. “It’s okay.” She chuckled awkwardly. Truthfully, Miyeon would be lying if she said she didn’t like what she was seeing.

 

“Miyeon…” Sehun looked up as he stirred his soup around. “I need to be honest.”

“Mhm?”

“Your name in my book doesn’t exist.”

She looked up. “But…you said we were friends.”

“I lied.” Sehun admitted. “I had to make sure that you name didn’t exist and it really didn’t.”

“So…”

“I called my grandmother yesterday night when you were sleeping and asked her why. Apparently, in my family everyone who’s had the book had at least once blank space.”

Miyeon raised an eyebrow. “Blank space?”

“There will be a person who doesn’t exist in my book, and that person happens to be you. Your role isn’t predetermined…because it’s up to me to deicide.”

She nodded. “I see.”

“You’re not mad?”

She shook her head. “I understand why.” Miyeon said. “When you deicide…what are you going to write?”

Sehun smiled and shrugged. “Not sure…but I know damn well that we aren’t going to be just friends.”

Miyeon laughed. “Alright then, Sehun.”

“Shovel the snow with me.” He said.

“Huh?”

Sehun frowned. “I can’t do it all by myself and my neighbors get so annoyed when I don’t do my part in clearing the sidewalk.”

Miyeon laughed and nodded. “Fine fine.”

 

***

Luhan got up when he hear the front door open.

He stood by the door as Miyeon took her shoes off.

“Its 2 PM, care to tell me where you were?”

“You know what happened anyway.”

“Yeah I know you were out with him and all but what did you do until 2pm?”

Miyeon rolled her eyes. “He made me breakfast and then we shoveled out his driveway?” 

Luhan sighed. “Man, I feel so bad for Jongin… I swear Miyeon, he really loves you and you just…kinda threw your relationship away.”

She looked at him. “Why does this concern you?”

“You’re my best friend and the guy you’re with…” Luhan trailed off. “Aren’t you scared? Of the outcome?”

Miyeon rested her hip against the edge of the coffee table. “Outcome?”

“If …If Sehun was your man that would change the course of things in your book. What if everything shifts?”

She shook her head. “It won’t happen…Sehun is a friend and Jongin is my soul mate, they’ll just switch places.”

“How do you know? Are you sure?”

“Luhan, it’s the most logical way of thinking…”

Luhan sighed. “Whatever, Miyeon…”

“Calm yourself, Sehun and Jongin will switch places in my book. That’s all that’s going to happen, and besides…I didn’t say anything about dating him.”

“Please, you know very well that you have a thing for him.”

Miyeon dropped her keys on the table and turned away. “Well…I think his dog is cute.”

“What does your book say about your dog? Future pet?” Luhan teased.

Miyeon rolled her eyes and threw her hoodie at her best friend. “Shut up.”

“You better be up tomorrow morning at nine…” Luhan reminded her.

“Hm, can’t do it.”

“Ah why?” He turned around. “You said we’d go ice skating.”

“Um…I made a …promise.” Miyeon said. “To Sehun…”

“Promise?”

“We were supposed to shovel snow but we ended up having a snow ball fight…and on top of that-“ She pointed outside. “It’s snowing again so we’re going to shovel out his drive way tomorrow.”

Luhan frowned. “You said we’d go…”

Miyeon chuckled and patted his head. “Sorry Hannie, we can go some other time okay?”

 

Luhan stood in the hallway and leaned against the wall; he glanced at his best friend and sighed. “Man, they’re so going to date.” 


[an]: Well, Luhan is always right....right? lol

SO SORRY for not updating in like...forever. DX  *Mistakes = IM SORRRY* I'm sick right now but I really wanted to update haha

Writers block + 565345 assignment = worst combo ever! 

Hope everyone had a nice day!! Comments are MUCH appreciated my loves!