chapter six

The Book

“I told him that you just needed some time alone.” Luhan looked at Miyeon and patted her thigh. “You’re a nut, Miyeon.”

“Am I not allowed to break up with my boyfriend?”

He scoffed. “Why would I let you do that? You were so happy with him, and now you’re going to let some book with you? You always over think…”

She grips onto the strings of her hoodie and sighs. “The book is bull.”

“It’s not; you said everything in there was strangely accurate.”

“When I was seventeen, I believed in anything…you know that better than me.” Miyeon said.  

Luhan sighed and sprawled out on her bed. “I can’t believe you say those things to Jongin; that was…so mean.”

“I couldn’t lie to him any more than I already did…I want him to be with someone who will treat him better. Okay?”

“Song Miyeon, I know you’re just making up excuses so you can go and meet Sehun.” Luhan snapped. “Gosh, everything was going to well until you looked into that damn book.”

She wrinkled her nose. “Can I be alone? You’ve stuck to me like gum for the past few hours since I got here.”

“Your parents are on a business trip again, and mine are in Beijing…what could I do?”

Miyeon pushed him off and scowled. “So annoying.” She mumbled.

“You’re stuck with me until break ends and that’s a whole freaking month, Miyeon.”

She peeked from under the covers. “Why?”

“Ask your parental units.” He simply said before leaving the room.

 

Miyeon laid there in bed for a while, she couldn’t fall asleep and all she could think about was what she would do when break ended.

“I can’t…” She took a deep breath. “How am I going to face him when I get back? It’s going to be so awkward.” She muttered.

Miyeon sat up and pulled the curtains open to see the first few flakes of snow falling.

 

Her phone lit up and she stared at it for a few minutes before picking it up.

“Song Miyeon.”

She looked at her phone and smiled when she noticed it was Sehun who called. “H-Hey…”

“Are you okay?”

Miyeon nodded. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“You didn’t show up at the shop today…and you said you’d try my almond milk tea.” He sounded bit disappointed. “I just called to see if everything was okay. You didn’t even answer my texts.”

 

She pulled the phone away from her ear and checked her unanswered messages.

 

I made a good batch of almond milk tea!

 

Miyeon? Are you coming today?

 

Shop’s closing, seeing you tomorrow?  

 

“A-Ah….I didn’t see your texts.” She said.

Sehun laughed. “I know, is everything alright over there? You sound a bit shaken up.”

“No.”

“Hm?”

“Nothing’s okay.” She admitted.

“If you want to talk, I’m here… “

Miyeon looked down at her hands and fumbled around with the ring Jongin gave her. Taking it off, she put it on her window sill. “I kinda want to get some fresh air.” She admitted. “But it’s late.”

“I’ll be at the park, fifteen minutes from now.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

 

Miyeon grabbed a jacket and slipped her boots on as she left the house. She walked down a few blocks before getting to the park. She looked around to see Sehun sitting on the swings; Kun was tied to his leg as he patted his head.

“Sehun?”

He looked up and waved as Kun barked.

She walked over and sat on the swing next to him.

“Talk to me.”

Miyeon looked at him and took a deep breath. “I …ended things with Jongin.”

He sat there silently for a few minutes. “I’m sorry.”

“I’m fine.” Miyeon said. “I just…didn’t like him as much as I thought I did.”

Sehun looked at her. “But…you guys looked really good together back in September.”

Miyeon nodded. “Everyone tells us that…”

“Why’d you end things?”

“Because I just, didn’t feel the same way about him as he did about me.” She said. “It’s been like that for a while now and I just wanted to stop everything before it dragged on for too long.”

He nodded. “Miyeon, my mother told me that there are two rules when it comes to loving someone.”

“What are they?”

“If you love someone, don’t tell them…show it. And if you don’t, don’t show it…tell them.”

Miyeon looked down at the ground. “My best friend told me that I was just overreacting…and over thinking because the stress of this semester got to me, and that I was just taking it out on him. But…I don’t know.” She sighs.

“If you really love something, let it go…if it comes back to you, then it was meant to be and if not, it was never meant to be in the first place. Why’d you date Jongin anyway?”

Miyeon looked at him. “Can I be honest with you?”

He nodded. “Sure.”

“I’m the chosen one in my family.” She said.

Sehun looks at her in silence. “C-Chosen one? The one with the book with all the people you’re going to meet? Ever?”

Miyeon looked at him and nodded slowly. “Yes…” She stood up. “How’d you know?” She whispered.

Sehun stood up and looked at her. “B-Because…” He dug into his pocket and pulled out a small book.

“I’m the chosen one too.”

 

She stood there in silence in awe. “T-Then…what does my name say in your book?”

Sehun looked at her and put his book back in his pocket.

 

“Your name in my book? It doesn’t exist.” 


[a/n]: Whaaaa? Mother of God. 

Comments are much appreciated!