chapter four

The Book

“Kun? Kun-ah! Kun-ah!”

I look up to see a flustered Sehun; he’s running around breathlessly as he looks for his dog, then he stops and sees me.

I pick the puppy up and hold it in my arms. Walking towards him, I could see the relief on his face.

 

“Kun…” Sehun says softly as he walks towards me. The puppy squirms in my arms and my chin. “He likes you.”

“Is it a girl?” I ask as he takes the puppy away from me. He puts the leash back on and looks up.

“If he was, I would’ve named him Kuna.”

Sehun stands up and smiles. “I’m Sehun.”

“I know.”

He looks up and raises an eyebrow.

Then I reach to pull the rubber band out of my hair, I let it loose and it falls on my shoulders. “Miyeon.”

Sehun eyes me for a moment and chuckles. “Ah…Miyeon, that princess from prom?”

I nod and look away in embarrassment. “What princess? You couldn’t even recognize me.”

“You look different.” He says. “In a good way.”

I touch my cheeks and flush red, because I realize I have no makeup on.

“You’re beautiful, like this.” He says. Then his dog barks and he laughs. “See? Even Kun says so.”

Subconsciously, I smile and laugh with him too. “Kun’s very cute.” I say.

Sehun nods along. “Wanna show what this pretty lady you can do?”

He barks again before standing up on his hind legs, Kun spins around a few times before sitting down obediently.

I chuckle and reach down with my hand. “High five?” Then the puppy puts his paw against my hand.

“Whoa...he never listened when I asked for one.” Sehun said in disappointment. “He must really like you.”

 

I find myself walking next to Sehun a few minutes later. My hands are stuffed into the pockets of my sweater and Sehun’s hood is over his head.

“I’m a biology major.” He says. “I want to be a teacher…how about you?”

I shrug. “I don’t know.” I simply say. “I don’t know what I like.”

“That’s fine, it’s better not to know then to pick some major, go to school for it and end up with a job you hate.” He says. “We’re only eighteen; we have such a long life ahead of us. Why rush?”

I smile because he’s the first person to say that. “My best friend’s been rushing me a lot, saying four years in college will fly by. But you’re the first person to say what’s on my mind.”

Sehun turns to me and nudges my arm. “You’ll be okay.” He says. “What university did you get into?”

“Seoul University. You?”

“Ah…We’re right across each other! Seoul Academy of Science and Art.”

I raise an eyebrow. “Art?”

“Oh you know, the other stuff such as painting, drama, dance...Singing. I’m pretty good at dancing.” He says, he’s impressed with himself and it’s kinda cute.

“Oh…my boyfriend applied for that school too, he majors in dance and drama.”

Sehun nods. “He might get in, the letters are still getting sent out anyway. Is dance and drama the only thing he majors in?”

I shake my head. “He loves chemistry.”

“He has the full package, there’s no doubt he’s going to get in.” Sehun chuckles.

“Maybe.”

 

Thirty minutes later, Sehun drops me off at the front of my house. He afternoon shift at the bubble tea place starts fifteen minutes later.

“You didn’t have to drop me off.” I say, smiling.

Sehun shakes it off. “You have a boyfriend; he’d kill me if you didn’t return home safely. Come to Bubbles a lot…I’ll give you a free upgrade.” He says.

I laugh. “Sure.”

“Oolong tea?”

Then I wrinkle my nose and he laughs.

“I’m kidding.” He says. “Come try our passion fruit green tea, it’s bomb.” He says before walking off.  

 

I walk into my room and Luhan’s curled up into a ball on my bed. His phone is on the floor and I could tell he fell asleep in the midst of hoarding off my Netflix account.

I sneak up to him and pull the covers over him before walking into the living room. I flip through the channels and watch whatever while I contemplate life.

Talking to Sehun was therapeutic in a way. He eased my worries and it felt as if a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

 

“Oh Miyeon, you came back and you didn’t tell me?”

I look up to see Luhan standing by the door, his t-shirt all wrinkled and his hair a mess. “Damn, you look happy.”

I nod and turn back to the TV.

“Are you ignoring me?”

I laugh and shake my head. “No, it’s just…nothing.”

He sits down next to me and raises an eyebrow. “Did Jongin…Did you meet Jongin during your walk?”

I shake my head.

Then he groans. “Sehun? You saw Sehun, didn’t you?”

Rolling my eyes, I turn to him. “Calm yourself okay? We’re friends.”

Luhan scoffs. “Not for long.” He says. “I know you Miyeon, you get paranoid about fate and then you go and change it.”

“Luhan…”

“’s going to blow up.”

“Oh my gosh, you’re overreacting. Sehun and I just met, we’re friends okay?”

Luhan looks at me. “How’d you guys meet?”

“His dog went loose at the park and it ran up to me…then he found Kun and we ended up walking and talking.”

“You know his dog’s name?”

“Kun is adorable, okay?”

Luhan glances at me, unimpressed. “That’s just…That…You know what that sounds like? The beginning of every successful love story ever.”

“Luhan, the book said we were friends and I’m going to keep it that way. Alright?”

He leans back into the sofa and puts his arms behind his head. “I guess.”

 

That night, my chance I pull my book out again and I could see that Sehun and I are friends.

Even if I’m questioning it, the book says we’re friends and that’s all that matters.

 

But there’s a voice at the back of head that lingers, and that voice is telling me I’m going to see Sehun over and over again.

 

And for some reason, the thought of that makes me happy. 


[a/n] I'd be happy too if I saw Oh Sehun over and over again xD

comments are much appreciated!