It's The Medicine

Blinded By Your Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun sat on his bed, his hands still trembling after he played the piano. Chanyeol... truly fooled him back there, he did fool Baekhyun to play on it. But how...? How is it possible that he still knows to play? Is there... still a chance for him... to play like usual again?

 

Baekhyun! Time to wake up! I'm back!”

 

Chanyeol's manly voice echoed through the house as Baekhyun wiped his tears away as fast as possible and lied down on the bed. Baekhyun pretended that he was still asleep when Chanyeol stepped into his room as he could hear the giant sigh.

 

Yah, time to get up. Come on, I got some yummy things for you.”
“Mm... I'm coming...”
“How you feeling? Are you feeling better?”

 

Chanyeol walked over to the bed and Baekhyun could feel how he sat down on the bed beside him. Chanyeol's hand carefully some hair out of Baekhyun's face as he put his hand over his forehead. Baekhyun didn't dare to open his eyes, scared that Chanyeol would see that he had been crying all this time.

 

Damn... You're really warm, maybe you are catching a cold after all?”
“Mm... Maybe...”
“Do you want some ice cream? I got ice cream for you.”
“No thanks, I will eat it later.”
“Do you want me to leave?”
“No... Not really.”
“Okay then, what do you want me to do, my prince.”
“Oh stop it silly.”

 

Baekhyun sat up on the bed and yawned a little tired, he is tired for real. He wishes that he slept while Chanyeol was gone, but he didn't. He sat on his bed and cried while Chanyeol was out.

 

My little... Baekhyun... Have you been crying?”

 

Chanyeol could tell right away, Baekhyun knew he would. It didn't take even two seconds before Chanyeol had embraced Baekhyun and hugged him tight. Baekhyun doesn't know what happened, for one second he just sat beside Chanyeol totally calm and in the next second he's crying like a fool in his arms.

 

Hey, why are you crying? Did something happen while I was gone? Did I say something to upset you? Or was it a nightmare?”

 

Baekhyun just cried as he tried to wipe away his tears, but he couldn't stop crying. Chanyeol sat beside Baekhyun for minutes, just hugging him as Baekhyun tried to stop crying, but he just couldn't. He wanted to stop, since it's embarrassing to cry in front of Chanyeol and he doesn't want the giant to see him like this.

 

Hey... Everything is alright, okay? Just let it out if you need too.”

 

Baekhyun just nodded as he gave up on trying to stop cry. He just buried his face against Chanyeol's chest and let himself cry for minutes. Until a headache begun to take over him. Baekhyun whined tired as he sat up and forced Chanyeol to let him go.

 

Hey, are you alright?”
“I'm fine...”
“Do you want some ice cream or chocolate?”
“Not now...”
“You sure?”
“I want to sleep...”
“Haven't you slept enough already?”
“No... I... I never...”
“You never went to bed, didn't you?”

 

Baekhyun nodded as he let his head hang low in hope that Chanyeol couldn't see his face. Baekhyun stared down at the floor or rather he should have stared down on the floor if he could see. Baekhyun feels uncomfortable right now, he can't see anything and he's not sure if Chanyeol is truly worried about him or not.

 

Chanyeol... Are you still there...?”
“Yeah, I'm right here.”

 

Baekhyun almost jerked back when he felt a warm hand grab one of his own hands. Baekhyun felt the warmth from the hand and it's not hard to tell who it is, of course it's Chanyeol. Baekhyun felt a little more comfortable now, at least he knows that Chanyeol is still listening to him and is sitting beside him.

 

Hey... Do you... Do you want me to... Call your brother or-?”
“Don't do that... Please Chanyeol... I'm just... feeling tired today... It's the medicine...”
“Don't you get anything against the depression-”
“I don't need anything like that... I don't want anything like that... I'm not depressed... It's just the medicine... That's all...”

 

Baekhyun knows he's lying right in Chanyeol's face, but what else can he say? He doesn't want Chanyeol to think he's a depressed wreck that needs extra help and medicine. He just.... wants to cry a little today, that's all... He doesn't want Chanyeol to think bad of him...

 

Are you mad at me now?”
“No... I'm not mad.”
“Do you... feel better now?”
“A little...”
“Hey... Take a nap, okay? You look pretty tired, maybe you should try to sleep this time.”
“Okay... I will...”

 

Baekhyun carefully let go of Chanyeol's hand and slowly lied down on the bed. Baekhyun heard how Chanyeol got up of the bed and walked towards the door. Baekhyun doesn't say anything. He wants Chanyeol to stay, yet he doesn't say anything.

 

Sleep tight Baekhyun, I will come back within an hour.”
“Okay...”

 

Baekhyun heard how Chanyeol closed the door and his footsteps faded out outside the room. Baekhyun closed his eyes slowly as he tried to fall asleep, but he can't. He can't rest, something inside of him hurts and he doesn't know if it's physical pain or if it's just mental pain.

Baekhyun lied there in the bed, wondering if he should be worried about his pain. Slowly he realized that the pain he felt was the pain of knowing he's alone. He feels... lonely. Maybe he should have asked Chanyeol to stay after all? Because right now, everything suddenly feels so big and empty and scary. Everything is dark, Baekhyun can't see anything and the bed is big and empty with only pillows and a blanket on it.

 

Chanyeol... Come back...”

 

Baekhyun mumbled as he hugged a pillow. He truly wishes he had asked Chanyeol to stay now, but he's being a coward now and doesn't dare to call Chanyeol. Baekhyun isn't sure how to handle his feelings anymore.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Depression. It has always been a problem among people. Some are born depressed, some get caught by it and some can't even get out of it once they're caught. Chanyeol is worried about Baekhyun, because he thought he had managed to cheer the boy up, but it seems like he was wrong.

 

Eh...? C-Chanyeol, hi. Are you here?”
“Yeah, sorry if I'm disturbing Mrs. Byun.”
“No, not at all! Where is Baekhyun?”
“He's in his room, sleeping.”
“Sleeping? At this hour?”
“He didn't feel that well today, so I took him home.”
“How nice of you, I'm really thankful that you help us out with him.”
“It's nothing, really. He's a really nice guy and all, I don't mind being around him at all.”

 

Mrs. Byun smiled at Chanyeol who smiled back at her, he had no idea that she would come home earlier today. He got almost a little scared when he almost bumped into her in the kitchen. Mrs. Byun went over to the fridge and opened it as she studied the inside.

 

I'm just coming back to check the fridge and to see if I need to buy something else while I'm out. Do you mind staying a little longer and watch over Baekhyun?”
“I don't mind at all, I promised him that I would read his homework out loud for him a couple of times anyway.”
“Thank you sweetheart. Oh by the way, do you want to stay for dinner as well?”

 

Chanyeol felt how he hesitated, should he accept the kind offer or should he come up with an excuse? His mother isn't home today and his father is probably going to drink beer and eat popcorn to tonight's soccer game. There won't be any dinner served at home anyway.

 

I wouldn't mind if it's not too much trouble.”
“Of course not, see it as a thank you.”

 

Chanyeol smiled as he slowly begun to sneak back towards the stairs to get up to Baekhyun's room, after all this situation with being all alone with Baekhyun's mother feels totally awkward at the moment.

 

Well, I will go back up to Baekhyun and check upon him.”
“Do so, I will be off again. See you later.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as he sneaked up to the seconds floor and walked silently down the corridor back into Baekhyun's room. When he sneaked into the room, he noticed something funny, Baekhyun wasn't sleeping.

 

Yah, why aren't you sleeping?”
“C-Chanyeol?! , you scared me!”
“Sorry, I thought you heard me come in.”
“I didn't...”
“Hey, your mother came home, but she left to go shopping.”
“Clothes or food?”
“Food.”
“Mm... She usually does that when she can go home earlier.”
“Hey, aren't you tired?”
“I am... But I can't sleep.”
“Are you... thinking about something?”
“Mm... I feel lonely...”
“Even when I'm here?”
“When you stand over there... yeah.”

 

Chanyeol felt how a smile sneaked upon his lips as he walked over to Baekhyun's bed and sat down beside the boy. He let his hand carefully Baekhyun's head as he smiled like a fool at the boy who can't see him.

 

Better like this?”
“Mm... It is...”
“Do you want me to stay with you?”
“Mm... I don't... want you to leave...”

 

Chanyeol watched Baekhyun blush slightly, but Baekhyun didn't seem to notice it himself. Chanyeol smiled as he kept Baekhyun's head as gentle he could. After a while, Chanyeol could hear how Baekhyun begun to snore and it was obvious that the boy had fallen asleep.

While Baekhyun was sleeping, Chanyeol took the chance to study Baekhyun's old drawings he once draw at his desk. Chanyeol looked at them all and he couldn't help but to feel his heart ache a little. Baekhyun was such an amazing artist, he could draw everything he saw with only one pencil and it looked so alive.

Chanyeol sat down by Baekhyun's desk and just studied Baekhyun's old drawings and he kept feel this ache in his heart. Baekhyun truly loved to do this, he loved to draw. Chanyeol wants to help him to draw again, but how? Is there any possible way for him to do that?

Chanyeol sat and studied the drawings for even longer until he realized that he has been sitting there for at least 20 minutes. Chanyeol sneaked over to Baekhyun's bed again as he sat down beside the boy and carefully put his hand on the boy's forehead. It's warm.

 

Wow... You're really getting sick for real...”

 

Chanyeol mumbled as he his hand over Baekhyun's forehead. He's really warm, maybe he's catching a cold? Chanyeol sat beside Baekhyun and the boy's forehead some few times before he just let his hand rest on Baekhyun's head. After a while, he could hear how Baekhyun mumbled something, but he didn't wake up.

Chanyeol sat on the bed for a while without saying anything nor moving. He sat there and waited for Baekhyun to wake up, because he doesn't want to wake the boy up himself. Baekhyun begun to mumble more and more in his sleep as he looked a little worried, Chanyeol wonders what he's dreaming. Is it a nightmare? Chanyeol leaned down to Baekhyun's ear as he the boy's head gently to try to calm him down.

 

It's okay Baekhyun, I'm here. Chanyeol is here to protect you. Nothing can hurt you here, I promise. This is your world, you decide what is going to happen. It's your dream and no one else.”

 

Chanyeol used a soft voice, as soft he could manage as he kept the boy's head. Baekhyun seemed to calm down from it as Chanyeol sat up straight again and kept the boy's head. After a while, Baekhyun opened his eyes tired as Chanyeol smiled down at him.

 

Good afternoon.”
“Chanyeol... You're... still here...?”
“Yeah, I'm staying for dinner. Hey, you're really warm, are you sure that you're not getting sick?”

 

Baekhyun looked confused, like the news Chanyeol told him was a total surprise. Baekhyun stared at him for a while before he nodded a little.

 

I'm warm from the bed, so don't worry... Will you cuddle down with me?”

 

Baekhyun asked as Chanyeol smiled and reminded himself that he has to say something, Baekhyun can't see him after all.

 

I would love to cuddle with you.”

 

Chanyeol sneaked in under Baekhyun's blanket as fast as he could as Baekhyun leaned against his chest fast. Chanyeol felt Baekhyun's warm body beside his as Baekhyun closed his eyes again and rested his head against Chanyeol's chest.

 

You're also warm... I like that... I like warmth...”
“Who doesn't like it?”
“There are people who prefer coldness actually...”
“Haha, that's weird.”
“I know right? Hey Chanyeol, I'm feeling much better now. Thanks.”
“I'm glad to hear that, you seem to be in a much better mood now.”
“I told you earlier, it's the medicine that makes me a little weird...”
“Haha, okay, if you say so.”

 

Baekhyun smiled as Chanyeol felt one of Baekhyun's hands rest on his stomach, it's really warm. Chanyeol felt how one of his own hands slowly grabbed Baekhyun's hand as Baekhyun looked surprised.

 

What are you doing?”
“I'm studying your hand.”
“Can you see it through the blanket?”
“You know... You don't always have to use your eyes to study something. Sometimes it's enough to use your hands to feel it. Your hand is soft, you got long fingers and I know that it's also a very strong hand.”
“How... can you tell it's strong?”
“Because I can feel you got a lot of muscles around your hand, it's not thin and weak. I can't tell by looking at your hand if it's strong or not, that's why touching can sometimes be better than seeing.”

 

Baekhyun looked amazed as Chanyeol realized what he just had said. He sounded really wise and he admits that he said it to Baekhyun like he wanted Baekhyun to touch him. Wow... He doesn't know what he had in mind when he begun to talk, but right now he knows that he wants Baekhyun to touch him.

 

You're... so damn wise sometimes Chanyeol... Can you stop being wise?”
“Haha, we might have a problem if I try to stop.”

 

Baekhyun laughed as Chanyeol laughed with him. Until they both heard how someone called them from downstairs.

 

I think your dad is home.”
“I think so too.”
“Boys! Explain yourselves!”
“I think your teacher called him and told him about us going home early.”
“I wasn't feeling well.”
“True, but I think he doesn't think so since we're laughing right now.”

 

Baekhyun laughed a little more as Chanyeol smiled at him, but he got a feeling that they got a lot of explanation to do. After all, Baekhyun's father truly only wants Baekhyun to make it through high school. But Chanyeol doesn't mind as long Baekhyun is happy, Chanyeol won't mind.

 


Ayo guys! So today I finally update once again! ^.^

I don't have that much to tell you except that I will try to update at least two times each month! Also, please check out my new fiction called “My True Love”, here is the link! ^.^ (Link: My True Love)

Else I just want to thank you all for your wonderful support and I hope you all enjoys reading this fiction! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but up to you! Not a must though! ^.^

Well that was all I had for now. Until next, take care and have a nice day/night/morning/evening/afternoon! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3