Forest Picnic, Part 1

Blinded By Your Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

To be honest, Baekhyun expected more action to happen during school. He expected the guy would try to attack him more often, but he was wrong. Well he got his friends around him all the time, so it's not that weird he guess. But the truth is, Baekhyun is just happy when everything is calm and quite.

 

Chanyeol, when will you take me out for a walk in the forest?”
“Ah, I promised to do that, right? Hm... Let's see... What about... on Saturday?”
“Sounds great! I will just ask mom if it's okay first.”
“Sounds good.”
“Hey, what are you doing today?”
“Oh I'm sorry, I really got some family stuff to take care of today.”
“Oh... It's okay, you still need to do those kind of things.”
“Hey, don't be sad.”
“I'm not sad.”

 

Baekhyun tried to smile, but he felt disappointed. Chanyeol ruffled his hair gently as Baekhyun leaned against him. They're not a couple or anything, but Baekhyun is blind so he will take a little advantage of Chanyeol, which he actually has done a lot lately. Just don't tell Chanyeol that.

 

But how will I get home?”
“I can still walk you home, I don't mind that.”
“Really?”
“Yeah, I can walk you home.”
“Great! I love walking with you!”
“Haha, how is walking with my any funnier than walking with Kai or Kyungsoo or Sehun or Suho?”
“They all... They all just tries to cheer me up even though I'm not depressed anymore.”
“Isn't that what I'm doing all the time?”
“You're doing it way better than them, it even hurts to say it out loud.”
“You weirdo.”

 

Chanyeol patted Baekhyun on the head as Baekhyun smiled happily. He loves it when Chanyeol pats his head. He loves it when Chanyeol touches him. His touches... They're so warm and gentle.

 

Chanyeol... Promise me to not leave. Never ever.”
“I promise.”
“Wait... Y-You do?!”
“Well yeah, since I really like you.”
“Y-You r-really like me?”
“Well obviously since I'm still here.”
“W-Wait... H-How can you like someone like me? I'm boring and blind and I can't play video games with you or play any sport. I can't watch a movie with you and I can't... I-I can't even see you...”
“Silly... Don't talk like that. You can still play the piano and I can play the guitar, together we can probably make some amazing music. Also, I like reading out loud for you and I like to chat with you. You're really chatty when you're not feeling under the weather and you're funny too.”
“H-How can you... enjoy being with someone like me?”
“Baekhyun... Geez, you're looking down at yourself again.”
“Am I? But am I not facing you right now?”
“Not literally! I meant you shouldn't think you're not someone anyone would want to be with. You got friends and plenty of them. And I'm one of them.”
“Friends...?”
“Yes, we're friends. So don't worry about it, okay?”

 

Baekhyun somehow felt disappointed by the words. They're... friends? Baekhyun doesn't like the sound of it... He doesn't like the weird feeling he gets whenever he thinks of him and Chanyeol being friends. They're just... friends...

 

Baekhyun? Are you still there?”
“Mm...”
“You stopped to talk out of nowhere. Are you alright?”
“Mm...”
“Baekhyun, are you falling asleep?”
“No...”
“Oh... Are you thinking?”
“Mm...”
“Do you want chocolate?”
“No thanks...”
“Something is wrong.”
“No... I'm just really stuffed...”
“You haven't even eaten half of your food.”
“I'm not that hungry today.”

 

Chanyeol sighed as Baekhyun felt how he curled together on the spot. If he... only could see... If he only could be more normal... Maybe then... Maybe then Chanyeol wouldn't see him as just a friend? Of course Chanyeol wouldn't want to... Baekhyun sighed as he felt how he almost got depressed.

 

Hey, what's wrong?”
“Nothing.”
“But that sigh wasn't nothing.”
“It was.”
“Oh come on, what is it?”
“Nothing, I was just thinking.”
“Are you mad at me?”
“No, not really.”
“Then what is it?”
“Don't worry Chanyeol, I'm fine.”

 

Baekhyun flashed a smile towards Chanyeol's direction as he felt Chanyeol pat his head. Baekhyun has learned that when Chanyeol pats his head, he's smiling. Baekhyun knows he does, because there is no other reason why he would pat Baekhyun's head like this if he wasn't happy.

 

You know what Chanyeol?”
“No, what?”
“One day, I would really want to see you smile.”

 

Chanyeol sat silent for a long time before Baekhyun sat straight up in case Chanyeol would want to leave. Baekhyun doesn't want to stop Chanyeol from leaving if that is why he's silent.

 

Baekhyun... Y-You do realize that... Y-You might never-”
“I know... I'm blind... I can't see... But... But if it would be possible to see you smile just once... I swear that I would do anything to be able to see you smile. Kyungsoo says you got a wonderful big and bright smile... I want to see it... I want to see you Chanyeol... I would really want to see you smile...”
“Maybe in the future it will be possible... Maybe...”
“You don't have to say that... I know that it's pretty impossible right now...”
“Don't say that.”
“But I like dreaming... I like dreaming about how it would be like... How you look like... How it would be if I wasn't blind... How it would be if... If I could see you...”
“Hey... Let's get you back to your classroom before the bell rings.”
“Oh... Is it time already?”
“Yeah, let's go.”

 

Baekhyun got help to stand up before Chanyeol grabbed his hand as they begun to walk down the corridor. Baekhyun wonders if Chanyeol would be holding his hand like this if he could see. Baekhyun wonders if Chanyeol would be any different towards him if he wasn't blind. Baekhyun wonders so much, but he guesses he will never know.

 

***

 

Baekhyun got dressed early today, even if it is Sunday morning. He tried to fix his hair, even though he can't see. Then he sneaked out of his room to carefully and slowly walk down the stair before he arrived to the first floor.

 

Baekhyun, you're awake this early in the morning?”
“Yeah, Chanyeol promised to come and pick me up early today!”
“Where are you guys going?”
“We're going out for a walk in the forest!”
“A-Are you sure that is such a good idea?”
“Why wouldn't it be?”

 

Baekhyun asked confused as he felt his mother's hand fix his hair for him. She then put her hands on his cheeks as she sighed.

 

You truly don't think I know how a forest looks like? What if you get lost? There is no way for you to get back now when you can't use your eyes.”
“But you said it was going to be okay.”
“I... I did...?”
“You did and you said that it was going to be fine.”
“Honey, don't bother him. Things will be just fine.”
“Besides, Chanyeol won't let me get lost. He will hold my hand all the time and make sure that I don't trip.”
“T-Then... Maybe...”
“We will walk on a normal path where other people will be walking. There is no chance that I will get lost!”
“Then... Fine... A-Are you hungry?”
“Mm, a little.”
“Come here sweetie, I will make you some breakfast..”

 

Baekhyun smiled as his mother hurried away. Baekhyun found his way over to the table as he sat down to join his father who is probably drinking his morning coffee. Baekhyun got served some tea as he held his hands on the cup the whole time to not accidentally knock it over.

 

So you will take a walk in the forest with Chanyeol today?”
“Yes! Oh and I want to go to the sea!”
“Baekhyun, don't push Chanyeol too much. What if he has something else he wants to do?”
“H-He would tell me if he had...”
“We're not saying that you should stop see him, but give him some few days break.”
“W-What do you mean?”
“He's always around you, maybe you should let him do something on his own for a couple of days? He must have other friends than you.”
“You might be locking him up since you can't do everything he can do anymore.”
“Sweetheart, what your father is trying to say is that you should give Chanyeol a little break from you from time to time, so he won't get tired of you.”
“Oh... H-He's tired of me?”
“We don't know, but he might get tired of you if you're together 24/7.”
“T-That's true...”
“Don't worry Baekhyun, I think he likes you a lot but give him some space from time to time, okay?”
“Okay...”

 

***

 

The air feels so great here!”
“I know right?! I love the forest as well! But hey, you're not feeling sick anymore?”
“That buss trip took a while and my head begun to spin after a while... B-But I'm fine now!”
“That's good to hear. Shall we begin our walk? I got our picnic with us as well!”
“Omo, you have made a picnic?!”
“Of course, we're going to have a long nice walk and you will be able to eat some yummy things when we take our breaks.”
“Thank you so much Chanyeol!”

 

Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol fast as Chanyeol laughed. Then Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand as they begun to walk. Baekhyun felt how the butterflies in his stomach woke up as the happiness almost over flowed him.

 

Omo, I'm so happy today!”
“I'm happy to hear that Baekhyun.”
“H-Hey Chanyeol...?”
“Mm, what is it?”

 

Baekhyun felt how a weird feeling took over him as he remembered what his parents told him this morning. About giving Chanyeol a little space from time to time to not make him get tired of Baekhyun. Is Chanyeol... already tired of Baekhyun?

 

Be honest now, a-are you... tired of me?”
“T-Tired of you? No! Definitely not! What makes you think that?”
“Well... I-I take up a lot of your time and all you actually do with me is to read for me and... kind of babysit me...”
“That's not totally true. We play our instruments and we chat a lot too.”
“But... You have begun to get bored around me, haven't you?”
“Who have said that to you?”
“So it is true?”
“No, it's not. Sure, I have some things I have to take care off from time to time, but that doesn't mean I don't want to be with you.”
“But... I must be boring...”
“No, you're not. Hey, don't say those things like you know how I feel. I don't mind taking care of you. I have told you before, I had a sister who was blind and she... She passed away. I couldn't give her the happy life I wanted her to have, so I have made up my mind to make you the happiest person on Earth.”
“Chanyeol... Y-You really... mean that?”
“Yeah... It might be selfish to use you to make me feel better for not being able to help my sister... But I truly do want your best.”
“Chanyeol...”

 

Baekhyun felt like crying, but he can't cry in front of him. Baekhyun held in the tears as he just smiled a big smile. He's not sure if Chanyeol can see him smile like this, but he hopes that Chanyeol understands how touched he feels.

 

Thank you so much... for keeping me happy.”
“And thank you for making me feel better as well, Baekhyun.”
“Let's make your sister proud from heaven.”
“Baekhyun... Y-You really... want to help me...?”
“Of course! I bet you had a wonderful noona! She deserves happiness as well, right? I think she wants you to be happy as well. She probably wants you too not blame yourself for letting her die so young. If you stay depressed, then she won't be able to be happy. You have to remember her with happiness and keep on living so you can meet her with a big bright smile in heaven and tell her all the adventures you have been on. You have to tell her how much you love her and how much happiness you brought for her with you. I think only that way you can truly make her happy.”
“You never met her... You never heard me talk about her... Yet you seem to know her so well...”
“I-I don't know her... But I understand what pain she must have been through... The struggle to be blind, to feelings that everyone around you doesn't want to be with you... The feeling that you might never find love... The feeling that you're not like everyone else...”
“Baekhyun... Don't worry, you will soon understand that many people pity you, but also many people like you. I bet you will find love too.”

 

Baekhyun nodded, but inside his heart he could only wish for one person to start to love him. He doesn't know since when he begun to feel like this about that person, but he can't stop his feelings. The warm hands, the protective arms and the gentle pats... Chanyeol is truly everything Baekhyun wants and likes. He's also tall, which Baekhyun likes because when he hugs Chanyeol, he can hear Chanyeol's heart beat and he can feel how his chest moves when he breathes.

 

Baekhyun? Are you alright?”
“Mm... I'm fine.”
“Do you want to stay silent for a while?”
“Mm, I want to enjoy the sounds of the nature.”
“Haha, okay.”

 

Chanyeol squeezed his hand a little before they continued their walk in silence. Baekhyun can hear so many birds and the wind moves the tree branches in the top of the trees. Everything is so harmonized, it feels weird. But Baekhyun likes it. He likes to only hear his and Chanyeol's footsteps echo through the peaceful forest. He loves this moment so much...

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Baekhyun is acting weird today... Something isn't quite right... Chanyeol can't understand why, but Baekhyun is acting weird. Chanyeol is also saying weird things today, like Baekhyun will find someone to love. It's not that he doesn't believe that Baekhyun will find love, it's just that... He... He's not sure if he wants someone else to take Baekhyun away from him.

They both walked silently down the path as Chanyeol looks at all the trees and bushes that they pass by. If Baekhyun could see it all, it would have been perfect... Chanyeol held in a sigh as he decided to try to think positive. After all, today was supposed to be a fun picnic day.

 

Hey Baekhyun, don't forget to tell me when you want to take a break.”
“Okay.”
“Uhm... Can I ask you something?”
“Of course, just ask.”
“D-Did you... have a crush on someone before you got blind?”

 

Baekhyun looked quite surprised by the question as he looked to be thinking. They walked in silence for a little longer before Baekhyun smiled a gentle smile and opened his mouth to answer Chanyeol.

 

I have had many crushes to be honest, but after I got blind I realized how pathetic I had been for having a crush on the people I had a crush on.”
“So it's a yes?”
“Well yeah, but now I can't imagine myself even liking time. I mean, gosh what was I thinking?! All those hot soccer players, I mean urgh!”

 

Chanyeol couldn't help to laugh as he realized something, Baekhyun is talking about the boys. There aren't any girls who plays soccer in their school, at least not now anyway. So Baekhyun really likes boys?

 

So you're into boys?”
“Y-Yeah... Y-You didn't know?”
“Not really, but I guessed you were. So, who is the hottest in the soccer ball team?”
“Oh please, all of them looks so funny but hot!”
“Haha, but do you think I'm hot?”
“Haha, of course! I can't say no since I can't see you!”
“Haha, you're so funny.”
“Hey Chanyeol... Do you have a crush on someone?”
“M-Me?”
“Yes, you. Do you?”
“Well... Uhm...”
“Oh come on, you can tell me. It's not like I will go around and tell everyone about it.”
“There might be someone I like.”
“Who? Is she pretty?”
“Oh this person is really pretty and beautiful, especially when this person is smiling. Oh I also love the person's hair color and I love the person's laughter so much, but this person didn't laugh that much in the beginning when I begun to get to know this person.”
“You keep saying this person, but I'm not sure if you're talking about a girl or a boy.”
“Well, it will be a secret for now.”
“What?! Really?!”

 

Chanyeol laughed as Baekhyun pouted, but he didn't seem too grumpy about it. Chanyeol feels so happy, Baekhyun truly makes him happy. He wishes his noona could see him with Baekhyun like this, that she could be with them. He bets that she would have a lot of fun too. Well, he hopes Baekhyun is having fun.

 

Hey Chanyeol, I want a break!”
“Yes sir! Please come with me so you can sit down.”

 

Baekhyun almost giggled as Chanyeol picked out a picnic blanket from his bag and put it on the ground by the path. Then he helped Baekhyun to sit down so he could serve the boy something to drink and maybe something to eat depending if Baekhyun wants something to eat.

 

I got lemonade, water, soda and juice to drink. And to eat I got three different cookies, cupcakes and lastly pie!”
“Omo, so much?! Are you planning on feeding me to death?!”

 

Baekhyun laughed with Chanyeol who sat down beside the boy. To think that they can go out on a picnic together like this, it feels quite unreal. But to be honest, Chanyeol is so happy that he got to spend his time with Baekhyun like this. He's actually really happy with Baekhyun beside him. He wishes he could just tell Baekhyun that, that Baekhyun is actually making him really happy...

 

 


Ayo guys! I'm back! XD

So, I'm going to take make this message short, I promise! I'm so sorry for not updating for a while, but I have been busy during my summer break but now I'm back at school and I have found some time to write again! Please forgive me for not updating for a while! *cries while pleading for mercy*

Anyway, I want to thank you all for your support and I have to say that I love my readers! I love you all and I want you to know that you make me really happy when you comment, especially when I don't feel well! Thank you everyone! ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are always appreciated, but up you! It's not a must though, but like I said, it's very appreciated! Thank you! ^.^

Well, that's all I got. Thank you for reading! Have a nice day/night/afternoon/morning! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3