Forest Picnic, Part 2

Blinded By Your Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Chanyeol, what about we take a break soon again? I'm getting so tired of walking...”
“Haha, of course. But hey, I must ask, did you take your medicine this morning?”
“Mm, I did.”
“Good, I just double checked.”
“You're like a mother sometimes.”
“Oh stop it!”

 

Baekhyun laughed at Chanyeol who joined him with laughing. They walked down the forest path as they talked a little about school, but also about future plans.

 

I would like to go to the sea sometime too.”
“We live pretty near the sea, so it won't be a problem. But right now isn't such a good time to go.”
“Yeah, I know. Let's go during the summer!”
“Okay, I will make sure to take you there.”
“But Chanyeol, you don't think I'm asking too much of you?”
“No, not really.”
“But seriously, you must admit that it's a little weird that I ask you of everyone I know to take me to different places.”
“Is it really that weird?”
“Well yeah, since we haven't known each other as long as I have known everyone else. And shouldn't my family take me out like this?”
“Maybe they should, but aren't they busy like D.O and the others?”
“Well... That's just it. They all are so busy and can't do that much with me.”
“Hey, don't look so down. You know that I'm always here for you.”
“Thanks Chanyeol, you're the best.”
“Haha, no problem. You know that I don't mind being with you anyway.”
“But don't you ever get tired of me?”
“I don't know, I'm not the type to get tired of people.”
“Not? So even if I sat and complained day in and day out, you wouldn't get tired of me?”

 

Chanyeol laughed as Baekhee smiled big towards the direction Chanyeol walks. He knew that Chanyeol would laugh because he's probably not sure what to answer Baekhyun.

 

Omo, that's actually something I would get tired of, but I would still stay around because it's you.”
“Really? Why?”
“I would, because you're still really nice and funny to talk to. And when you play the piano, I can't stop shivering. I love your music, so I guess that's why I like you more than others.”
“C-Chanyeol... Y-You didn't have to say that...”

 

Baekhyun felt how he blushed slightly as Chanyeol chuckled. Baekhyun felt how Chanyeol's hand squeezed his hand gently while they kept walk down the forest path. The sounds of birds and the trees' leaves moving in the wind fills the forest. Baekhyun smiled for himself as he felt the happiness take over him.

But seriously now, he's actually getting tired again. It's the medicine that makes him a little tired, so he wouldn't mind to sit down and take another break again. But won't Chanyeol find it annoying if Baekhyun stops them all the time? They have already taken two breaks, but they have walked for quite a long time now since the last break.

 

I'm just wondering, how much further are we going to walk?”
“Not for that much longer, but I planned that we should take two more breaks to stay here for as long as possible before we have to go home.”
“Haha, you have planned everything well, haven't you?”
“Haha, yes I have. Are you getting tired yet? Shall we take a break?”
“If you want a break, then I want a break.”
“Baekhyun, if you're tired, you should just say so.”
“I-I never said that I'm tired.”
“But I know you better than what you think. Admit it, you're tired.”
“I'm not that weak!”
“Haha, I know that. But just admit it, you're tired.”
“No, I'm not! Stop act like I'm tired!”
“Okay, then do you want for another 30 minutes without a break?”
“U-Uhm... N-No...”
“I thought so. So, are you tired yet?”
“Actually, suddenly I begun to feel a little tired.”

 

Chanyeol laughed at Baekhyun's act as he slowed down his pace. He's probably looking for a place for them to sit down. Baekhyun felt how Chanyeol pulled him with him as they walked off the path and out to the grass. Baekhyun feels a little unsure about this, but they walked only some few meters away from the path.

 

Here, we should rest here.”
“Ah, I can feel the suns light! It's so warm!”
“Haha, I know. Wait, let me put put the picnic blanket.”
“Okay~”

 

Baekhyun smile happily as he enjoyed the warmth from the sun's shine. Chanyeol put out the picnic blanket on the ground before he grabbed Baekhyun's hand and gently helped him to sit down on it. Baekhyun then felt how Chanyeol sat down beside him and put the bag between them.

 

Oh man, this feels really good.”

 

Chanyeol mostly mumbled for himself, but Baekhyun heard exactly what he said. Baekhyun nodded agreeing to what Chanyeol said as he closed his eyes and leaned back a little. The warmth from the sun warms them up really well to be honest, they can't say that they're cold anymore. Not that they have said that, but you know what they mean.

 

Are you thirsty? Do you want something to drink?”
“I would like some water please.”
“Coming right up!”

 

Chanyeol poured Baekhyun a glass of water before he gently handled Baekhyun it. Baekhyun drank up all the water before he gave back the glass to Chanyeol who took it from him.

 

Thank you very much~”
“No problem.”
“Hey Chanyeol, can we stay here for a while?”
“Yeah, we got more than three hours we can spend here at the forest before I have to get you home.”
“Did mother say that?”
“Yeah, she doesn't want us to stay here for too long.”
“Haha, I see.”
“Are you tired?”
“Mm, a little...”
“Do you want to lie down for a while?”
“No... I'm fine...”
“Are you sure?”
“What if I fall asleep?”
“Then I will stay with you until you have got to rest for a while.”
“But isn't that boring?”
“Baekhyun, I'm fine with it. Come here, lie down and rest for a while.”
“I'm not a baby or a child you know...”
“But you're a boy who goes on medicine that makes you tired.”
“Don't say it like that... It sound weird...”
“Haha, sorry Baekhyun. But seriously come here.”

 

Baekhyun felt how Chanyeol gently pushed him down on the blanket. Baekhyun got to rest his head against Chanyeol's lap as the warm sun warms him up like a blanket. One of Chanyeol's hands played a little with Baekhyun's hair as Baekhyun closed his eyes tired.

 

Now sleep, I will be right here.”
“Okay... I will sleep only for some minutes...”
“And I will be right here when you wake up.”

 

Baekhyun smiled as he let himself fall asleep on Chanyeol's lap while Chanyeol played with Baekhyun's hair. Baekhyun loves this. He loves this situation. He actually... likes Chanyeol a lot...

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol played with Baekhyun's hair for a long time while the boy fell asleep on his lap. His sleeping face looked so peaceful and the sun's light made Baekhyun's face light up and show his beautiful face. Chanyeol admired Baekhyun's face and hair for a long time before he heard the sounds of someone come walking or rather running.

He saw and middle aged woman come running as she looked like she couldn't catch her breath. She spotted Chanyeol and Baekhyun as she tried to run over to them, but she tripped over the branches on the ground. Chanyeol understood fast that something has happened.

Chanyeol gently put down Baekhyun's head on the blanket as he hurried to get up and over to the lady who tried to talk to him, but she hadn't caught her breath yet. Instead she grabbed Chanyeol's arm and pulled him with him while speaking few words between her heavy breaths.

 

Dog...! Stuck...! Help...!”
“S-Sure, show me where.”
“T-Thank you!”

 

Chanyeol hurried after the middle aged lady as she hurried to take Chanyeol to the place where something has happened. On the ground lied a girl crying while being stuck in a tree crack with her arm and a dog sitting beside her and whimpering. Chanyeol thought it was a dog that was stuck!

 

Hey, are you alright?”
“My arm is stuck!”
“I can see that. Dose it hurt?”
“Yes! Help me!”

 

The girl cried as Chanyeol carefully took a look at the tree crack and at the girl's arm. It looks like she has accidentally squeezed her arm into the crack and can't get it out. But this shouldn't take too long to fix, all he needs is another branch or stone.

 

Don't worry, I can get you out of there without hurting you arm. Wait right here and don't move. Everything is going to be alright, okay?”

 

The girl nodded while crying as Chanyeol hurried to look for something to use to get the girl free. It didn't take long before he found a stone that he could use to make the tree's crack bigger and get the girl's arm free. Chanyeol hurried back to the girl who looked really worried and scared.

 

Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit. When I was little, this happened to me and my friends a lot. There is an easy trick to this and it doesn't hurt at all.”
“C-Can you get her out?”

 

The middle aged lady asked while holding the dog to keep him out of the way. Chanyeol nodded to the lady as he smiled calmly. He knows that when he and Yura was little and played in the woods, she sometimes got stuck in a tree crack as well when she tried to feel her way forward. He got used to it and learned a trick to get her arm or hand free.

 

Okay, let's get you out of there as fast as possible.”

 

Chanyeol gently grabbed the girl's arm as he put the stone above it. He then slowly carved the stone into the tree crack and let the crack get bigger and bigger. Chanyeol the carefully tried to pull out the girl's arm without hurting her. After a while's pulling and cracking, the girls arm finally got free as she cried out of happiness.

 

I'm free! Thank you! Mom I'm free!”
“Thank you so much, I didn't know what to do. I couldn't pull her free without hurting her.”
“No problem, just remember to not put your hand or arm into any tree cracks like that again. Okay?”
“Okay, I won't do it again!”
“Good. Then have a nice day. I have to go back to my friend now.”
“Thank you so much.”
“No problem.”

 

Chanyeol smiled and said goodbye to the girl and the middle aged woman before he hurried back towards where Baekhyun should be. He hopes Baekhyun didn't wake up while he was gone, because if he would have woken up without Chanyeol being there, he would probably freak out.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun woke up after feeling a little cold. The sun's light is gone and he's a little cold now when it's gone. Baekhyun sat tired up as he rubbed his eyes a little gently.

 

Chanyeol... Sorry that I slept for so long...”

 

Baekhyun mostly mumbled, but no one answered him. Baekhyun felt a little surprised as he let his hands get dragged over the blanket in hope to find someone else on it. But no one is there.

 

C-Chanyeol?”

 

Baekhyun felt the worries fill him as he tried to stand up fast. The blanket is still here and he felt the bag as well, but where is Chanyeol?! Wait, calm down. He might have gone somewhere else to... You know, to use the “bathroom”. There is no idea to panic, he will probably be back soon.

Baekhyun sat patiently at the blanket, but after several minutes without Chanyeol coming+ back, the panic begun to grew stronger. Baekhyun felt how he begun to freak out and several terrible thoughts hit him.

What if Chanyeol accidentally got lost when he needed to go and do his own business?! Or what if he saw something and went to take a closer look and then got lost?! What if Baekhyun sleepwalked and got lost himself?!

Baekhyun stood up fast and tried to walk some few meters away from the blanket to find the forest path, he's pretty sure that it was only some few meters away from the blanket! But he can't find it!

 

C-Chanyeol?!”

 

Baekhyun called Chanyeol's name in hope to hear him, but he got no answer. The panic grabbed Baekhyun even more and he's on the edge to scream in fear. What if he can't find Chanyeol?! What if Chanyeol can't find him again?! Baekhyun felt how he almost begun to cry in panic as he suddenly heard footsteps come closer to him. After a while he a deep voice echoed through the forest as Baekhyun got filled with relief.

 

Ah Baekhyun, I see you're awake!”
“You idiot! Where have you been?!”

 

Baekhyun screamed mostly relieved, but he's still a little mad at Chanyeol who had left him for so long. Chanyeol hurried over to Baekhyun who almost begun to cry.

 

You idiot, you scared me! Do you have any idea how worried I got?!”
“I'm sorry, but you were sleeping and I thought you wouldn't wake up for a while and-”
“You said you would be here when I would wake up! You liar! You're so mean Chanyeol!”
“Hey... I'm sorry. Hey Baekhyun, please don't be so mad at me.”

 

Chanyeol was fast to pull Baekhyun into a forgiving hug as Baekhyun tried to not sob. Chanyeol had really scared him, it's actually really scary to not see anything and then wake up alone in the middle of the forest. You can't tell where you are and you can't really do anything about it either.

 

Baekhyun... I'm so sorry for scaring you. I promise to never leave you like this again. I promise to pay back for this and make you happy again.”
“R-Really...?”
“Really. Hey, I'm sorry. I understand if you got scared, I would have gotten as scared myself if I woke up like you did. But let me tell you that I had to leave because a girl got stuck in a tree and couldn't get out. I just helped her out, that's all.”
“T-Then it's alright... Then I will forgive you, because someone needed help...”
“Y-You will forgive me just like that?”
“Mm... But next time wake me up before you leave and tell me that you will come back after you have helped someone!”
“I-I promise! I won't ever leave you like that again!”
“Good... Now let's go... I... I still want to enjoy the rest of the day with you...”
“Really? Haha, thank you Baekhyun!”

 

Baekhyun felt how he smiled a little as Chanyeol gathered all their stuff so they could begun to walk again. Baekhyun got really scared for a while, he truly did. But now when Chanyeol is here with him, he feels less scared again. He's actually really happy that Chanyeol is back with him. But he won't tell Chanyeol that...

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol feels a little ashamed for leaving Baekhyun without saying anything. He's actually quite ashamed to find Baekhyun terrified and worried to death. Poor little guy, he can't see and the only way for him to find someone is to hear the person or to hold out his hands and touch the person. Else he can't spot someone and ask them for help.

Chanyeol felt how he sighed a little as he held Baekhyun's hand tightly. It's his fault that he scared Baekhyun and made him so worried, yet Baekhyun seems to be back to normal again. But if Chanyeol would have been him, he would have been really mad at the person who had left him like that.

 

Hey Baekhyun... Are you... mad at me?”
“No, I'm not.”
“Why not?”
“Because... you had a reason why you left me.”
“But I was stupid and left you alone like that.”
“But I'm fine, right?”
“What if you had walked away and tried to find me?”
“But I didn't.”
“You should be really mad at me...”
“Chanyeol... I'm not mad at you.”
“Why not?”
“Because... I'm really happy to be with you... Y-You just scared me a little, that's all.”

 

Baekhyun spoke calmly as he squeezed Chanyeol's hand a little. Baekhyun then flashed a big smile towards Chanyeol which warmed his chest and heart.

 

I just want you to be with me, okay? So I won't be mad at you, because I don't want to be mad at someone I want to be with.”
“Baekhyun... You're so cute...”
“W-What?”
“N-Nothing!”
“I heard you!”
“No you didn't!”

 

Chanyeol felt how he blushed as Baekhyun laughed. He can't see Chanyeol blush, but Baekhyun probably already knows that he's blushing. Chanyeol sighed quietly as he smiled. Baekhyun is truly such a special guy. But Chanyeol likes him. That damn Baekhyun, he only keeps to make Chanyeol like him more and more for every day that passes by.

 


Ayo guys! How are you doing?! ^.^

Okay today I will keep everything short! I'm really busy with school so please be patient with the chapters! Trust me, I will update whenever I can! I love you all! ^.^

Thanks for all wonderful support, it means a lot to me so THANK YOU <3

Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated, but up to you guys! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3