Don't Change

Blinded By Your Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun-ah? Are you awake? Sweetheart?”
“No... I'm dead... so leave me alone...”
“Oh honey, please don't say that. Come on, it's time to wake up.”
“I don't want to go up...”
“I know that, you say that every day.”
“Then don't wake me up...”
“Come on sweetheart, can't you go up?”
“To do what?”
“I don't know, call you friends and do something.”
“They're busy.”
“Oh come on sweetie, it's a beautiful Saturday morning and you have the whole day to spend with your friends or people you want to be with.”
“No.”

 

Baekhyun heard his mother sigh as Baekhyun just buried his face further into his pillow and pretended that he had fallen asleep again. Baekhyun heard how his mother retreated as she walked out of the room and left Baekhyun alone, for now.

When Baekhyun was sure that she wasn't in the room anymore, he dared to sit up as he sighed tired. If his mother hadn't woke him up, he could have slept through the day and pretended that nothing had happened. But she only means well and she wants him to get out of the house more often, or at least get him out of his bed a little more.

Baekhyun sighed once again as he couldn't help to think about his past. Usually he would go up around now and eat breakfast with his family. He would spend his day with being creative by painting or just playing the piano. Else he would spend the day with his friends. Go shopping with D.O or playing video games with Kai and Sehun. Or spending his time with Suho who loves to talk about manga and anime.

There was so much Baekhyun used to do, but now... Now he... He can't... Now he can't do a thing without bothering himself or anyone else. He needs help with everything and it feels like Baekhyun isn't a person, he's more like a doll that everyone needs to take care of or else he will break. And no one wants him to break, not for now anyway.

Baekhyun suddenly heard how it knocked on his door again as he sighed and sat tired up. The door got opened without he saying anything as he listened to the footsteps, it's not his mother this time, he knows that much. Is it his father? Or maybe Baekbeom?

 

Good morning Baekhyun-ah! How are you feeling today?”
“C-Chanyeol?!”

 

Baekhyun felt shocked as he looked towards the direction Chanyeol probably stood. Baekhyun heard how Chanyeol closed the door behind him and how he walked over to the bed. The giant sat down on the bed beside Baekhyun without another word for some few seconds. Baekhyun then felt Chanyeol's hand land on his head as Baekhyun tried to figure out where Chanyeol's head is.

 

Yah, what are you doing here so early?”
“It's passed 10 am, it's not early anymore.”
“B-But what are you doing here? Like at this time and all.”
“I want to do something funny today, so I thought about you.”
“Y-You must mean something boring, right?”
“Yah, you're not boring and the others had work to do.”
“I see, it's D.O who has sent you.”
“No it's not, I'm here on my own will.”

 

Baekhyun thought a little about it as he sat silent beside Chanyeol. Chanyeol removed his hand from Baekhyun's head as Baekhyun felt how Chanyeol leaned back in the bed.

 

You know, I don't think being with you is boring. It's interesting and I admit it's a little challenging, but I like that. I like you.”

 

Baekhyun felt how his cheeks reddened fast as Chanyeol sat up and laughed at Baekhyun. Baekhyun tried to look away from Chanyeol, but he can't really see where Chanyeol's face is, so he can't hide his blush that properly from the giant.

 

Now now, let's not be too cute here.”
“S-Stop it! Y-You don't have to tease me more than necessary!”
“It's really necessary to tease you, else you won't show me your even cuter self.”

 

Baekhyun felt how he blushed heavily and he could hear Chanyeol laugh at him. Baekhyun was fast to lie down on his bed as he buried his face into a pillow. Chanyeol just laughed and carefully patted Baekhyun on his back to make him sit up again.

Baekhyun sat slowly up again, still having the pillow in front of his face as Chanyeol used his hands to remove it. Baekhyun just sighed as Chanyeol laughed light and then cleared his throat carefully.

 

But seriously, I really want to do something with you today. And I admit that your mother asked me if I could stay here until the afternoon or be with you until the afternoon.”
“I see, that's why she asked me if I was going to do something with my friends today.”
“Yeah, she has some things she needs to do and Baekbeom isn't home, he has some work to fix. And your father works as well I think.”
“Mm, I know that. So you are here to babysit me now?”
“Nope! I'm here to make you smile cutie pie! Now come here, let's get you dressed.”
“I-I can dress myself, just give me some clothes and I will get dressed.”
“Okie dokie, I will fetch your clothes then.”

 

Baekhyun smiled thankful as he crawled over to the edge of the bed and let Chanyeol get him his clothes. Baekhyun felt how Chanyeol put the clothes beside him before Baekhyun pointed towards the door or where it should be as he heard Chanyeol sigh.

 

Seriously?”
“Yes, so get out.”

 

Baekhyun listened to the sound of Chanyeol opening the door and how he stepped out. Baekhyun listened carefully and made sure that Chanyeol stood outside the room and closed the door. Then Baekhyun dared to change his clothes, but he just wanted to make sure that Chanyeol really left him alone at the moment.

When Baekhyun finally was dressed, he got up from his bed and walked over to the door and opened it. He could hear Chanyeol stumble over something as he laughed nervously, Baekhyun got a feeling that he had eavesdropped on him somehow.

 

Chanyeol, what are you doing?”
“Nothing at all! Now, do you want to eat something?”
“Sure, what about we go out and eat lunch?”
“H-Huh?! You actually offer yourself to leave the house?!”

 

Baekhyun sighed right away, he knew this was a bad idea after all. He should just go back to his bed and curl together under his blanket, where he's safe and calm.

 

I-I didn't mean to make you mad, hehehe...”
“What's wrong with you today?”
“I'm nervous.”
“I know, that's why I asked what's wrong with you today. Why are you nervous?”
“Well... Your mother might have told me something...”
“W-What has she told you?”
“She said; You can take Baekhyun out, but one scratch on him and you're in big trouble young man. That's what she told me.”
“Hahaha, you're scared of my mother?!”
“Aren't you?”
“Well... Yes...”
“Let's not think about that now. You wanted to go out and eat you said?”
“If you want too, I mean I don't have the power to let you cook.”
“What do you mean you don't have the power to let me cook?”
“I don't want you to burn our kitchen down to the bottom.”
“Yah, I know how to cook very well!”
“Really? Do you dare to stand in my mother's kitchen and cook then?”
“Uhm... Okay, so I lied.”
“Exactly. Now, get me down and let's get moving. I'm starting to get really hungry now.”
“As you want, you majesty.”
“Derp.”

 

Chanyeol laughed as Baekhyun let Chanyeol grab his hand and lead him down for the stairs. Baekhyun though felt a little like a majesty, since Chanyeol seemed to walk so elegant with him. It felt almost funny to be honest.

 

So, where exactly are we going Baek?”
“I don't know, you decide.”
“I thought since you suggested to eat out, you already had something in mind.”
“Not really. I told you, I'm just too lazy to let you cook. And I don't want you to burn the whole house down. Umma would get mad.”
“True, but I would still get away with it somehow, I bet.”
“Really? Do you want to try?”
“No, definitely not.”

 

Baekhyun laughed at Chanyeol who helped Baekhyun with his shoes and jacket before they could leave. Chanyeol took Baekhyun's keys to the house and locked the place before they both begun to walk down the street. Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand right away, scared that Baekhyun would happen to walk out on the street where the cars drives.

 

So, where are we going?”
“What about pizza? Simple and pretty cheap depending on how much you eat.”
“Shall we share a pizza?”
“Definitely, I don't eat a whole myself. Not yet.”
“Hahaha, you're training for that?”
“Exactly! Okay, no, not really. But I'm tall and people always expects me to eat a lot.”
“I'm short and I eat a lot. Or used to eat a lot.”
“Why don't you eat as much as before?”
“I... I have noticed how I have stopped getting hungry from time to time.”
“That's weird... Was it... right after... that?”
“Mm, it was. Mom says it's my depression and I have to eat no matter what. But I... I just can't eat, I don't have the appetite and I just feel sick.”
“You know, it's not good to not eat. If you don't feel hungry, then it must mean that something's wrong. Do you drink a lot of water? I heard that if you drink a lot of water, you get easily hungry. Especially in the morning!”
“Hm... So those who are starving... shouldn't drink that much?”
“Oh, well, uhm... I don't know, I have just heard about it. It might just be a rumor after all.”
“True. Rumors are everywhere, it doesn't matter where you go. It's always someone who spreads rumors about you... Always...”
“You shouldn't care too much about it though. People might talk bull about you, but you know I got your back Baek. I have already scared away half of the people who spread those damn rumors. I'm just waiting for those cowardly bullies to come out so I can kick their little asses and make sure they won't bully anyone again.”
“You're so funny Chanyeol... But you're also so kind.”
“Huh? What do you mean? I'm talking about beating people up.”

 

Baekhyun laughed light as he just smiled at Chanyeol. That giant, he doesn't know that he's kinder than anyone Baekhyun knows. Sure, Baekhyun's friends are just the same as Chanyeol, though Chanyeol is a little kinder according to Baekhyun. Chanyeol steps up for everyone and not just his friends. He's not scared to open his mouth and say what he thinks.

Baekhyun kind of admires Chanyeol to be honest, even though he has no idea how Chanyeol looks like. Chanyeol is tall and he has a deep voice. Baekhyun can't really imagine Chanyeol's face to be honest, but it's probably really grownup. Or it should begun to look like he's grownup. A young adult face maybe? Or maybe it's a baby face?

Baekhyun begun to laugh at his own thoughts as Chanyeol seemed confused by the weird sound he made. Baekhyun just shook his head and wiped away a tear that had sneaked out from one of his eyes.

 

What's so funny?”
“Nothing at all, I just... thought a little about stuff.”
“You're weird sometimes Baek, like really weird.”
“Yah! I like being weird! Don't bully me!”
“I'm not bullying you! Because else I have to kick my own and it's not that easy!”

 

Baekhyun laughed at Chanyeol who probably smiled a big derpy smile. That is what the others says anyway. That Chanyeol smiles like a derp and that he as a big white smile. Baekhyun wonders, will he ever be able to see Chanyeol? Even if it would be just once, he would be more than satisfied. Just as long Chanyeol change. No, please let Chanyeol stay like he is now. Let him be this funny tall guy who helps others. Don't let him become like everyone else.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Baekhyun ate his half of the pizza without any problems. Chanyeol smiled down at the boy as he watched him eat. It's amazing how cute one person can be and that person is blind too. It's too bad that Baekhyun can't see how cute he is, but Chanyeol just needs to remind the boy about it a little more often.

 

So Baekhyun, what do you want to do after this?”
“I don't know... What do you want to do?”
“Yah, are you a child? Don't talk with food in your mouth.”
“Sorry~”

 

Baekhyun said with a cute smile as Chanyeol fell for the boy right away. He can't scold Baekhyun, he's just too cute and it's impossible to even try to scold him again. Chanyeol just smiled like a fool as he rested his head in his own palm while his elbow rested against the table.

 

What about we go and play bowling?”
“Are you stupid? I can't see. And what if I drop one of the bowling balls on my foot? Mom would kill you.”
“Oh right, your mom... But what if I help you throw and carry your bowling ball?”
“No way, I don't want people to stare at me.”
“Geez, you don't even see them stare at you anymore-”
“Don't say that... It makes me feel uncomfortable.”
“Sorry sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. But what about we go to a music store and find some nice music?”
“Oh! I want to do that! I know a great place and-!”

 

Baekhyun went silent as Chanyeol could tell that Baekhyun had heard something that had made him shut up. Chanyeol listened as well and spotted the source of what Baekhyun and he heard.

 

Yeah, that's right. He's blind and can't do a thing without anyone around him.”
“What if both Kai, D.O and Sehun gets sick? That little guy will get lost right away.”
“It's nothing sorry about that guy. He had too many talents and god wasn't fair towards us others. That's why he got blind, because god cursed him.”
“It's kind of funny. I mean think about it, not even god likes him anymore.”
“Such a loser, he should just commit suicide and let everyone be.”

 

Chanyeol felt the anger take over him as he saw the two young girls from the same high school that Baekhyun and Chanyeol goes to. Chanyeol was about to stand up and walk over to them, when Baekhyun's hand reached out and managed to find Chanyeol's hand within only some few seconds.

 

Don't even think about it.”
“But they're being two small es and-”
“We're outside school Chanyeol, if you scare them and people sees that-”
“So what? They have no right to bully you outside school-”
“Please... For me, don't go over to them. Let's just leave, I'm done anyway.”
“You got food left, are you sure you don't want more?”
“I... I suddenly lost my appetite.”

 

Chanyeol still felt mad like hell, but he can't walk over to the girls just because Baekhyun asked him so nicely to not do that. Chanyeol got up as the girls suddenly spotted him and they both looked pale right away. Then they spotted Baekhyun and they both looked like they would faint.

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand and walked towards the exit, but he gave the girls a warning glance before they left the pizza place. Chanyeol swear, the two girls would have fainted if he walked over to them. But hopefully they have begun to feel guilty about what they said for just some minutes ago. After all, they did say some harsh things towards Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

'I don't care... I don't care about what they think... J-Just as long Chanyeol doesn't start to think like them... Please... Please Chanyeol... Don't become like them... Don't become someone I don't like... Please don't hurt me... Don't ever hurt me... I... I don't want him to become like them...'

Baekhyun listened to the music as Chanyeol stood beside him and tried to talk to Baekhyun while he head a pair of headphones on. Baekhyun took off the headphone after a while as he smiled towards the direction Chanyeol stood at.

 

So, what do you think? Did you like it?”
“Mm, it was good. But I'm more into rock nowadays.”
“Why rock? Tell me.”
“Because they got many ballads that are beautiful and some words in the songs means a lot to some people.”
“So, do you like punk and metal too then?”
“Not that much, more ordinary rock.”
“What is ordinary rock?”
“Okay, that was a bad way to describe it. A really bad way to describe it. But I like Linkin Park, they're actually a special kind of Punk band. Or that is what some say. I say it's some kind of rock.”
“Linkin Park... Ah! I know those guys! I like them too!”
“Right right!”

 

Baekhyun smiled happily as he felt Chanyeol's hand suddenly grab his hand gently. Chanyeol put away all the things Baekhyun was holding that didn't belong to him before he begun to pull Baekhyun with him.

 

C-Chanyeol? Where are we going?”
“Uhm... Well...”
“What's wrong?”
“Bullies.”
“Here?”
“Mm...”

 

Chanyeol didn't say much as Baekhyun heard some boys further in the music store talk loudly. Chanyeol must have seen them and decided that it wasn't a good idea to stay here any longer. Baekhyun walked out from the store with Chanyeol as Chanyeol grabbed his hand a little tighter and begun to walk down the street.

 

Where are we going now?”
“Are you hungry?”
“Are you hungry again?!”
“No, I was wondering if you wanted any sweets.”
“Sweets... No... I don't eat sweets anymore.”
“Why not?”
“It... It makes me depressed.”
“Why? How can sweets make you depressed?”
“Because... D.O and I... we used to make a lot of sweets... And I have gotten a feeling that D.O doesn't want to bake near me or with me anymore... Just because I can't see...”
“It's probably just a feeling.”
“No it's not... Whenever I was down we used to make sweets, but he hasn't asked me to bake even once since I came back form the hospital...”
“Listen Baek... I think D.O doesn't want to hurt your feelings.”
“Why do you think that?”
“Because you loved to do all those things, didn't you? And I know that D.O is worried to make you even more depressed than what you already are. He's so scared that he doesn't even ask you normal things anymore. He just... shuts up and tries his best to come up with new things to do.”
“That fool... Why can't things just go back like it used to be? I didn't ask for this... I didn't ask for this damn life...”
“I don't think anybody asked for their life, not like this anyway. Life is created and life disappear too, it's a balance in the nature. Some are more lucky than others, but I don't think that being blind stops you. No, it's just a challenge, remember?”
“I want to go home... I'm tired.”
“It's the medicine?”
“Yeah... It's the medicine...”

 

Baekhyun mumbled mostly as he tried to not face Chanyeol. Baekhyun felt his feelings get a little unstable for a while, but he managed to get control over them. Chanyeol is such a nice guy, but it does hurt to hear him talk so nicely as he does sometimes. Baekhyun knows what Chanyeol's says is true, but it sometimes hurts so badly. But Maybe that's the point of it? Maybe the truth should hurt?

They walked under silence all the way back home, to Baekhyun's house that still was empty. Baekhyun stepped in to the house as fast Chanyeol unlocked the door for him and waited for Chanyeol to follow him back in, but he didn't.

 

I guess you want to be alone now...”
“I never said that.”
“Aren't you tired? You should rest-”
“Come in, rest with me. Don't just leave me...”

 

Baekhyun felt worried, he doesn't want Chanyeol to leave him alone. No, he wants the giant to be with him. If Chanyeol leaves, then Baekhyun knows that the giant doesn't want to be around him as much as he seemed to want. Baekhyun felt his heart ache out of nowhere.

'Please don't become like them... Don't leave me... Please... don't pretend you like me... Just... Just come in and hold me... Don't leave me here in the dark... Don't go and become like them... Don't suddenly change and leave me...'

 

Do you really want me to stay?”
“Are you crazy? That's the only thing I want- I-I mean, i-it would get lonely if you left.”

 

Baekhyun felt how he blushed like a fool as he heard Chanyeol step into the house. Baekhyun isn't sure if Chanyeol is smiling or if he's smirking, but Baekhyun is sure that he looks funny at Baekhyun anyway.

 

Well then, I better stay then. Since that is the only thing you want.”
“Shut up... Now come here...”

 

Baekhyun blushed like a fool as he heard Chanyeol laugh at him. But to be honest, Baekhyun meant what he said. He only wants Chanyeol to stay with him and won't become like everyone else. He just wants Chanyeol to be just like he is now. That is all Baekhyun wants.. He doesn't want Chanyeol to become like everyone else... He doesn't want the giant to become like them.

 


Ayo guys! I'm finally back again, which feels great! ^.^

How are you all? Well I have a lot of school stuff going on, so I don't know when I will be able to update next time. That's why I beg you all to be patient and keep supporting me! ^.^

Else I just want to thank you all for supporting this fiction! It means a lot to me, so thank you so much! Subs, comments and upvotes are very well appreciated! But up to you! ^.^

Now I don't have that much else to say for now, so take care until next time I see you! Have a nice day/night,morning/evening! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3