Would You Like To... Dance?

Blinded By Your Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun sighs quietly while Chanyeol, his father and brother sits in the living room and talks about what has happened today. Baekhyun on the other hand sits inside his own room with his mother sitting on his bed beside him. They both sit silently, none of them really know what to say. Baekhyun has already told her about what happened today, since his teacher has already called his parents.

 

So... Baekhyun... I don't want to sound like I don't believe you, but... Is it really true? Has all this happened?”
“I swear that I'm not lying! Why would I be lying about such terrible thing?!”
“I know that, but... You didn't say that because Chanyeol got into a fight with someone? I mean, you're not trying to protect him, are you?”
“Mom! I'm not lying! He protected me!”
“Okay, I believe you. In this household, we never lie and I'm happy to hear that you won't lie. I just wanted to make sure that you understand the consequences if you lie about something this important. I never thought that you would be in danger for other boys like this to be honest...”
“Y-You know... I-It's not too weird for me...”
“What do you mean sweetheart? Has this happened before?”
“N-No, I mean, this guy has tried to me three times now and Chanyeol managed to stop him this time. And the other times Kai and Kyungsoo and Chanyeol found me before something else could happen.”
“You're lucky to have them around you Baekhyun. All of them.”
“Mm... I know that...”

 

Baekhyun feels how his mother hugs him gently before she lets him go to leave. She will probably go downstairs and make sure that Chanyeol isn't getting killed by Baekhyun's brother and father. After all, they might not believe Chanyeol and Baekhyun just like his mother.

 

***

 

Are you scared?”
“A little... I mean... I didn't mean to put you into such a complicated situation...”
“It's not that bad, I might just get punished, but not expelled.”
“I hope they will believe us. It's probably hard to believe that a guy like me to be ...”
“You never really got though, but he did try a couple of times.”
“We can never really prove it though...”

 

Chanyeol sighs just like Baekhyun. They both sit silently on Baekhyun's bed while waiting for their teachers call. They will be summoned to their principles office and they will have to talk about what happened and then the principle will have to decide whether if Chanyeol and Baekhyun is telling the truth or if they're lying.

 

Chanyeol... I'm sorry for all this...”
“Hey, don't feel sorry about anything. I didn't have to punch him to stop him, all I had to do was to call a teacher and explain everything. Then he wouldn't have dared to go near you after that. But I was dumb enough to punch him, so I will take whatever punishment that is waiting me.”
“Yah! It's not fair that you have to get punished even though you just protected me!”
“I know that, but life isn't fair. That stupid freshman will probably cry and tell them that I bullied him and that he just wanted to talk to you or something.”
“If that kid plays pitiful, then I will just have to do the same!”
“W-What?”
“I will just have to cry as well and act like my whole world is about to collapse. That guy doesn't even know what the word pity truly means.”
“But you do...”
“M-Mm, that's why I can probably get you out of this stupid situation.”
“Baekhyun... I don't mind getting punished for you... I mean... You have it tough enough already, so I don't think it's too bad if you get out of this without getting punished-”
“S-Stop say stuff like that... I-It's not fair for you to do things like that... I-If you're getting punished, then I will get punished as well.”
“But I'm telling you-”
“I know that already... But... I-I don't want you to get punished because of me...”

 

Baekhyun sighs silently as he tries to not face Chanyeol at the moment. To be honest he would rather try to keep Chanyeol out of this mess, but he can't. The girls that had fetched that teacher had seen Chanyeol fight against that guy. Baekhyun can't lie in front of his teacher, it's better to be honest and just tell them straight out what truly happened. And if they don't believe them, then they will just have to try to live with that unfairness.

 

Silly... D-Don't go around and try to play all heroic... I-I already sees you as my hero...”

 

Baekhyun blushes like a fool as he curls together to hide his face from Chanyeol. He can't believe he said such a weird thing! And he said it straight into Chanyeol's face! Oh god, how embarrassing! Baekhyun literally wants to get swallowed by the bed, but instead of getting swallowed he gets pulled into a warm embrace.

Chanyeol's hugs him tightly as he chuckles into the embrace. Baekhyun is still blushing like a fool, but he's really happy that Chanyeol reacts the way he does. They doesn't say that much as Chanyeol pulls him closer into the warm embrace. Baekhyun just closes his eyes and enjoys the warmth from his giant. This is... wonderful...

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

So boys... Do you know why you're here?”

 

The principle stares strictly at them all. The principle, a middle aged woman who is said to judge fair and square, eyes them all until one of them will answer. Chanyeol glances over at the freshman kid who seems to get ready to cry and put up an act, but Baekhyun will probably start crying as well if something like that happens.

 

Well? Can anyone tell me?”
“I punched someone.”

 

Chanyeol decides to open his mouth first since no one else seem to want to say something. Baekhyun sits silently for a little longer as they both waits for the freshman to say something. After a couple of seconds, the freshman starts sobbing as he finally puts up his stupid act.

 

H-He punched me... R-Right in my face... Look.”

 

He points at his patched face as his mother gently pats his shoulder. Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's parents has heard what both Baekhyun and Chanyeol has told them and Baekhyun and Chanyeol have told them the truth. Chanyeol sighs silently as he sits up more straight.

 

I admit that it was wrong of me to punch someone, I shouldn't have done that. But it was actually he who tried to punch me first and I do have two witnesses who saw him try to punch me first.”
“They're lying! I just wanted to talk with Baekhyun hyung and then this guy tried to punch me!”
“You didn't just want to talk to Baekhyun, you even said it yourself that you wanted him.”
“Liar!”
“Now now, calm down! Both of you. Let's have order in here-”

 

The principle suddenly goes silent as she stares straight at Baekhyun. Chanyeol has forgotten to look at him for a while and when his eyes meets the boy's face, something inside of him breaks. Baekhyun is crying and his whole body and face is screaming pain and fear. The freshman boy's act is nothing compared to Baekhyun's.

 

With all respect, but I don't want my son to be in the same room as the one who tried to hurt him.”
“H-He's just faking it!”

 

Baekhyun looks even more pitiful the more the freshman talks and the principle seems to see that as much as everyone else. Chanyeol can tell that those feelings Baekhyun's shows them aren't fake, they're more than real. Chanyeol feels angry, as angry as he felt when he found out who had tried to Baekhyun. That's why he punched the kid from the beginning.

 

I swear, I have never in my whole life punched anyone else than this kid. I saw him drag Baekhyun into the classroom with my very own eyes. What was I supposed to do when I caught him and he suddenly tried to hit me? Was I supposed to get hit and hurt until someone would come and find me?”
“Baekhyun... Will you please tell us what happened?”

 

The principle's full attention is at Baekhyun by now. She's probably worried about Baekhyun who struggles to sit more straight while he tries to speak.

 

I-It's like Chanyeol said... I-I was just walking down the corridor like the other times... T-Then he just grabbed me and forced me to go where he wanted me to go...”
“Liar! I just wanted to talk to you!”

 

Baekhyun closes his eyes in fear when the freshman raises his voice and it is then the principle has had enough. She looks at Baekhyun's parents as she clears gently.

 

I'm so sorry for this, I had no idea that something like this was going on here.”
“What are you saying?! My son isn't guilty! He would never hurt someone! And he would never try to a boy like him!”
“Ma'am, if you can calm down a little. It is true that the two girls who fetched the teacher saw your son throw a fist towards Chanyeol here. I have already talked to them and we have even asked for the security video. We have security cameras all over the school and if it is as Chanyeol and Baekhyun claims, then we will find proof right here.”

 

Chanyeol sits silent on the chair as he feels the annoyance grab him. He never thought about the security cameras! They could have just told someone about this earlier and made sure to take a look at the security cameras! Oh god, why didn't he think about it earlier?! The principle turns her laptop around while she prepares the video that will show them the truth about the freshman kid.

Chanyeol's glances over at the kid, he looks pale and it's not weird. Of course he will get caught right here and now when they have video proof of him dragging Baekhyun into the classroom. They will also have proof of the kid trying to hit Chanyeol first. The principle plays the video as they all stares at the screen. And just like Chanyeol and Baekhyun said, the freshman kid drags Baekhyun into the room and then throws him down onto the floor.

Shortly after Baekhyun is thrown down onto the floor, Chanyeol arrives and the freshman tries to hit him and Chanyeol then hit him instead. The video gets paused right after Chanyeol and Baekhyun leaves the room as the principle sighs. The freshman's mother gasps while Chanyeol tries to not sigh relieved. They managed to get out of this trouble this time. Maybe they were just lucky?

 

W-Wait a little! S-Sure, the video shows my son to grab the boy! But he never tries to him! How can you be so sure about him trying to-?”
“Do you want me to show you the other videos when he tries to hurt Baekhyun? We got all three of them. I looked into this and even asked Baekhyun to tell me when and where he were those times just to be sure that he wasn't lying.”
“W-Wait a minute-”
“I got it all here, the proof and everything. Baekhyun, if you don't want to go through all this again, you can leave. Thank you for your help.”
“Wait, isn't this enough? Can't we just leave and let you take care of him?”

 

Chanyeol's mother asks while she eyes the freshman's mother. They all probably feels angry right now and Baekhyun's mother is also feeling disgusted. Baekhyun carefully looks up towards the direction where the principle sits as he wipes his tears away with the back of his hand.

 

Baekhyun and Mrs. Byun can leave, but I'm afraid I can't let you go Chanyeol-”
“He only protected me! D-Don't let him get punished because of him!”

 

Baekhyun cries out loud as he stares with teary eyes at the principle's direction. She looks burdened by Baekhyun's glance as both Chanyeol's mother and Baekhyun's mother eyes the principle. After a couple of seconds of silence, the principle finally sighed.

 

I can't overlook this totally... Chanyeol, you will get a warning this time, but nothing else. After all, the video does prove that it was self-defense.”
“What?! You can't be serious!”
“I am very serious! And you young man, I'm not finished with you! Thank you Mrs. Park and Mrs. Byun for taking your time to come here. I hope you will forgive me for not knowing about this. I promise I will take good care of this.”
“I hope you will, my son has suffered from this and I don't want to hear that he's ever near him again.”
“And as for my son, I'm glad that you realized that he only used self-defense.”

 

The principle only nods slightly before Chanyeol and his mother leaves the room with Baekhyun and his mother. They all walk silently towards the cars as Chanyeol glances down at Baekhyun who looks relieved. Chanyeol is glad that they both got out of there without being put into too much trouble. But he's even happier that Baekhyun is finally safe again.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

So he got expelled, just like that?”
“Yeah, especially after my father called and he was rather furious about the decision the principle had first made.”
“Well, detention for a couple of hours isn't a real punishment.”
“But you're finally safe now!”

 

Kyungsoo hugs Baekhyun tightly as Kai and Sehun chuckles. They all seem to be as relieved as Baekhyun. To be honest, Baekhyun didn't realize how scared he had felt until he found out that the freshman kid got expelled from the school. Well the principle did the right thing to expel him, especially after all the trouble he has caused the school.

 

Now when you're safe again: what are you going to do?”
“What do you mean? It's not like I haven't been able to do anything with that guy around. I will just live on like I have done all this time.”
“Maybe... you should try to confess to Chanyeol as well?”
“W-What d-do you mean...?”
“Oh come on Baekhyun, we all know that you like him!”
“And after all this trouble, you should definitely just tell him how you feel.”
“N-Never... I don't want to trouble him more than what I have already done...”
“Then... At least ask him to dance with you!”

 

Baekhyun blushes slightly as he plays with his own fingers. Maybe he should ask Chanyeol to dance with him? He can just say that Kai and Kyungsoo told him to ask him and that he only wants to learn how to dance. But then he might burden Chanyeol again...

 

I don't know... I might just burden him...”
“Don't be ridiculous! You can ask Chanyeol to do anything for you and he will definitely do it! You two are that close now, remember?”

 

That's true, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are that close now. Baekhyun knows very well that he can ask Chanyeol to do anything for him. But he's not sure if Chanyeol will like it or not. But it can't hurt to ask, right?

 

F-Fine... I-I will just ask him... B-But I will ask when I think is the time is right.”
“Great! Just go for it, okay?”
“O-Okay...”

 

Baekhyun blushes a little more, but he feels happy. He might be able to ask Chanyeol to dance with him after all.

 

***

 

Baekhyun holds Chanyeol's hand gently as they're walking towards Chanyeol's house. Yes, today they're going to be at Chanyeol's place since Baekhyun is tired of his own house and he wants to be alone with Chanyeol today. After all, today he will ask Chanyeol to dance with him. Of course he's nervous and he's a little scared as well, but he knows that he can always just ask. If he gets a no, then he will just have to accept it.

 

We're here. Oh, watch your step Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun carefully follows Chanyeol into the house as he smells the familiar scent. Chanyeol's house smells wonderful, like always. Baekhyun gets help to get his shoes and jacket off before he takes his bag and follows Chanyeol over to his room. The house is empty today: both Chanyeol's parents has left for the weekend and Chanyeol didn't want to come with them.

 

So, are you hungry? Do you want something to eat or do you want to wait a little longer?”
“Are you hungry?”
“Hey, I asked you first.”
“I don't want to eat if you don't want to eat. We can wait if you're not hungry.”
“Then we wait, I'm not that hungry either. So, what do you want to do today?”

 

Chanyeol lets go of Baekhyun's as he walks over to the bed. Baekhyun hurries to walk over to Chanyeol's bed as well and sit down beside the giant who has begun to change clothes like he always does when he comes home.

 

Do you want to change clothes as well? I got extra clothes you know.”
“N-Not right now thank you. B-But Chanyeol... I-I have something I want to ask.”
“You know that you can always just ask me anything.”
“I-I know... I-I just... wanted to say that I wanted to ask you something before I ask.”
“Haha, go ahead and just ask Baekhyun. I'm listening.”

 

Baekhyun feels the nervousness take over him as he tries his best to not start stuttering. He needs to ask Chanyeol before he chickens out! Baekhyun takes a deep breath before he carefully opens his mouth again.

 

I-I was j-just wondering i-if you could t-teach me h-how to... dance...”
“Sure I can- Wait, did you say... dance?”
“Y-You don't have to say yes...”
“Baekhyun... Why do you ask me and not Kai? I mean, he's the dancer among us-”
“H-He told me that I need a partner to dance with... A-And he recommended you...”

 

Baekhyun is blushing like a fool by now. Chanyeol sits silently on the bed beside Baekhyun who struggles to not show him how anxious he feels. He found the courage to ask Chanyeol, but it looks like Chanyeol doesn't want to dance with him. Baekhyun was right, he shouldn't have asked Chanyeol after all.

 

Baekhyun... Do you know how terrible I am at dancing?”
“N-No...?”
“Hahahaha, I can't believe you want me to dance with you! I can try, but I think I'm as bad as you are at dancing. Though... I-I wouldn't mind trying.”
“R-Really? S-So you don't think... it's weird that I... ask you?”
“Of course not, we're really close friends, right?”
“R-Right...”

 

Baekhyun struggles once again to hide the disappointment. Chanyeol just said something that Baekhyun fears that Chanyeol will say. They're just... friends. Baekhyun hasn't really thought about it until now, but he and Chanyeol has only talked and hanged out like friends does. It's not weird that Chanyeol thinks they're just friends. Maybe he doesn't even like Baekhyun enough to be more than friends?

 

Shall we dance my Bacon?”
“Mm...”
“What's the matter? Don't you want to dance?”
“I do, I just... I don't want to bother you...”
“Oh come on, you were the one to ask. Come here, I will show you how bad I am at dancing. Hey... trust me, okay?”

 

Chanyeol gently grabs one of Baekhyun's hands and pulls him up of the bed. Baekhyun blushes slightly, even though he still feels a little disappointed. But he knows very well that something like this can happen and he won't complain about it. He likes Chanyeol. No, he actually loves him. But he can never find the courage to say it now when Chanyeol literally has told him that they're just friends.

 

Let's take it easy. Oh wait, we need music!”

 

Chanyeol hurries to find something to dance to as Baekhyun stands awkwardly in the middle of the room. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea? He can always claim that he doesn't feel that well and wants to rest instead, but then he won't get the chance to dance with Chanyeol. The music interrupts Baekhyun's thoughts as Chanyeol comes back to him and gently grabs his hands.

 

Now, let's do this.”
“Uhm... Chanyeol... Maybe this isn't such a good idea? I mean, I can't see anything and-”
“Baekhyun... You don't have to see as long as you're having fun, right?”
“B-But... What if I step on your feet? Or what if I trip? I'm so clumsy and-”
“Baekhyun, you just need to trust me. Don't mind me, just have fun. I will lead you, okay?”
“O-Okay...”
“Do you trust me?”
“I trust you more than what I trust anyone else.”

 

Chanyeol chuckles happily as he gently puts one of his arms around Baekhyun's waist and the other hand holds Baekhyun's hand gently. This feels weird, Baekhyun can't see anything yet he seems to know what to do. Maybe he has seen this so many times before in movies that he already knows what he's supposed to do? Baekhyun feels how Chanyeol gently starts dancing as Baekhyun just follows him. They're actually going to dance...

 


Ayo guys! Wazzup?! :D

So, today I finally got to update again :D *cheers happily in the corner of my room all alone*.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, because I really enjoyed writing it. Anyway, I want to thank you all for reading and supporting this fiction! ^.^

And thank you for your love you have shown me and this fiction. All upvotes, comments and subscriptions are very appreciate, but isn't a must! Though, like I said, it's very appreciated and it motivates me to write more! ^.^

For now I don't have anything else to say except: let's stay tuned for the next chapter! Have a nice continuing day/morning/afternoon/evening! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3
/ Lovelo