Troubled Boyfriend?

Blinded By Your Love

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun can't sleep nor rest. He's sitting on his bed while listening to the silence. He tried to entertain himself by playing the piano, but his mind keeps drifting back to Chanyeol. He acted so strange earlier today and he sounded weird. Baekhyun sighs loudly and curls together on the bed. What is he supposed to do now? Chanyeol said he wouldn't come by until later tonight, but he might not even show up.

 

What do I do...? What could possibly have happened to make him act like that...?”

 

Baekhyun closes his eyes while thinking deeply. What could make him feel like that? Well, there are quite many options to choose between. His parents might have found out about their relationship and forbid them to see each other (though, Baekhyun doesn't believe they would do such a thing). There is also a possibility that a friend to the family might have died or someone might have gotten into an accident. Accident.

How long has it been since Baekhyun got into his own accident? That day, when he lost his eyesight, he was rushing to get home. What was so important that day that he took that shortcut? He can't remember, but it didn't matter the slightest in the end. The pain he felt in his eyes and the hardship he has gone through since that day is still lingering around him. Will he be stuck with this depression that is slowly following him while waiting for a moment to attack him again?

Another sigh escapes Baekhyun's mouth while he stares up at the ceiling. He wonders if Chanyeol is alright and if he's going to come by or not. Maybe he should try to call him? He did say he would be late, but it's been hours since Chanyeol left. Though, Baekhyun isn't really sure what the time is. He can always check with his phone, but to find his phone is a real pain in the . He will have to look through the whole room on his own to find it.

Well, it's not like Baekhyun has anything better to do. So in the end, he begins to walk around to find his phone. He uses his hands and carefully moves around the room. He walks all over the room, touches all the furniture and searches all the areas he can find. Despite all that, he can't seem to find his phone. Maybe he forgot it downstairs? Well there is a possibility that he forgot it down there. There is only one way to find out.

Baekhyun begins to search the whole house for his phone. He carefully walks down the stairs before he begins to look around. He looks through the living room, the kitchen and even the hallway. He begins to think that his phone isn't even here anymore since he doesn't seem to be able to find it. He feels how he exhales irritated while scratching the back of his head: did he forgot it in school? No, Chanyeol would probably have brought it with him. Then... Does Chanyeol have his phone?

Well, there is not much Baekhyun can do at the moment. All he can do is to sit down somewhere and wait for Chanyeol to come by. Until he comes by, Baekhyun will have to entertain himself somehow. He decides to try to play the piano again, but it doesn't help him to stop thinking about his love. He has tried to distract himself for a long time now, but he can't keep his mind away from Chanyeol.

 

Is he really alright?”

 

Baekhyun wants to leave this place, he just wants to go and see Chanyeol right here and now. Maybe he should? Should he try to get to Chanyeol's house on his own? Though, how is he supposed to get there without getting hurt? He will have a hard time walking on his own, he's still not used to walk without his sight when he's outside. He hates to admit it, but he's stuck in this damn house because of his pathetic eyes.

Baekhyun is lost in his thoughts while he lets his fingers slide on the piano carefully. He thinks back to Chanyeol, but then his mind travels back to his life before all of this. He once had a life where he could do whatever he wanted to do. It's ironic how you take everything for granted when you're healthy. Now without his eyesight, he realizes how pathetic and helpless he really is. He needs help all the time and even if he tries to find his way around the house, there are still lots of things he can't do on his own.

He sometimes wishes he knew what was going to happen to him and that he would have tried to avoid getting hurt. On the other hand, living in fear of getting hurt will make your go crazy. If you don't take any risks and gets hurt, then you don't know what happiness and health is. You take everything for granted and you feel like your life is hard from time to time, though it's nothing compared to what could happen to you or what has happened to others. Baekhyun believes he opened his parents' eyes a little when they heard about the accident. He believes that he opened his own eyes when he found himself in the state he is in today.

Suddenly, the doorbell echoes through the house which startles him slightly. Though, it doesn't take long before he gets up of the piano chair before he begins to head for the door. Did he lock it earlier? Is it Chanyeol who is finally here? Baekhyun hurries over to the door, though it takes some time since he can't see anything. When he finally reaches it, he uses his hands and unlocks it carefully before he opens it.

 

Chanyeol? Is that you?”

 

Baekhyun asks with a cheerful voice, but to his surprise he doesn't get a reply. He holds the door in his hands while listening to the silence: is there anyone there? It couldn't be kids playing a prank on him since it's already late, but no one would just randomly ring on his door and then leave. Maybe he took too long before he got to the door?

 

Hello? Is there anyone there?”
“Ah, I'm sorry, how rude of me to not say anything. Annyeonghaseyo, I'm seeking Mr Byun Baekhyun. Are you perhaps him?”
“U-Uhm, yes, that's me. Can I help you?”
“Actually, that is rather my question. I'm professor Choi from a medic university and science facility. I would like to speak with you about your eyes if that is possible.”
“O-Oh, b-but it's rather late, isn't it? Maybe you should come by another time?”
“I know it's late, but I happened to hear about your accident from a colleague, so I wanted to come and see you myself. May I just ask some few questions?”
“I'm really sorry, but I'm a little tired and would like to rest. Please come by another time-”
“It will only take a couple of minutes, so please let me inside. I promise I will leave as fast as I can. I only want to ask about your eyesight, but I would also like to hear about the accident from your point of view. It's not too much, isn't it?”
“It is a lot you're asking for, so please leave. I'm sorry, but I don't want to talk about it.”

 

Baekhyun tries to close the door, but to his surprise the strange suddenly grabs it and pushes it open. He stumbles backwards and nearly loses his balance, though he has lost his grip on the door and his standing in the middle of the room.

 

Sorry about that, but I came all this way just to see you. Please, let's have a pleasant conversation and get along. Maybe you would rather come with me instead?”
“G-Get out of the house and close the door! I said I don't-”
“I know what you said, but you don't seem to understand. You are one of the few who has gotten affected by that special gas leak and we would like to know more about it and the reaction you got in your eyes. This is for a science purpose, so you shouldn't resist.”

 

The man takes a couple of steps closer to Baekhyun who freaks out. Who is this guy and why is he so damn persistent?! He stumbles backwards, though he doesn't know where exactly in the hallway he his. He feels how his back finally meets a wall, but the stranger had took his chance to trap him between the wall and himself.

 

Good, now we can talk. I would like you to come to my science facility and let me take a look at your eyes. I will pay you well if that helps.”
“I-I don't want too! G-Get away from me and get out of the house!”
“There is no need to be so rude, I'm only here offering you a golden opportunity. Use those cursed eyes of yours to gain some nice cash, that's the least they can do for you after you lost your sight.”
“I said no! G-Get out!”
“Do I have to drag you with me? I really need you to make progress in my research. I'm sorry, but I can't let such a good example slip out of my hand. You're coming with me-”
“He's not coming with you at all! I swear to god, if you even dare to touch him, I will beat the crap out of you!”

 

Baekhyun jumps startled when a deep voice growls through the room. It's not hard to tell who it is and relief washes over him the moment he hears the voice.

 

C-Chanyeol! G-Get this man away from me!”
“Don't worry, I was already planning to do so.”
“W-Wait a little, I wasn't trying to kidnap him or-”
“Yah, don't make any excuses! Get the hell out of his house!”

 

Baekhyun can hear how the man and Chanyeol are screaming and arguing at each other for a while until Chanyeol finally slams the door closed. Did he manage to get that creepy scientist out of the house?

 

Are you alright? Did he hurt you?”

 

Chanyeol is fast to lock the door before he walks over to Baekhyun. He puts his arms around Baekhyun and pulls him into a warm embrace. Baekhyun must admit, he did feel quite terrified when that man suddenly trapped him between the wall and the man himself. If Chanyeol wouldn't have showed up, then he is pretty sure that man would have dragged him out of the house against his will.

 

I will call your parents right away and tell them about this. I don't think we should wait-”
“Thank you... But Chanyeol... Let's call them tomorrow.”
“Yah, that man just tried to kidnap you! I saw it all and-”
“I'm alright and you're here now. Baekbeom should be coming home later tonight or early tomorrow morning. We can talk to him about it, so please don't disturb my parents.”

 

Baekhyun hugs Chanyeol tightly and lets out a relieved sigh. He's glad that he has Chanyeol, else he might have ended up in a tricky situation. Which suddenly reminds him: is Chanyeol alright?

 

Chanyeol... I don't want to seem like I'm snooping around, but...”
“Let's get you up to your room, you must be tired.”
“N-No, that's not what I'm-”
“Come on, don't resist and just do as I say. It's late and I think you should rest.”

 

Chanyeol gently grabs one of Baekhyun's hands before he begins to walk through the silent house. They both decide to not say anything while they walk up towards Baekhyun's room. It doesn't take many seconds before they enter the bedroom and Baekhyun lets go off Chanyeol's hand gently.

 

I will fetch your pajamas for you.”
“Thanks.”

 

He receives his clothes and begins to change right away. He listens to Chanyeol who apparently has brought a bag along with him. Well, they are going to sleep over and he needs his own things as well. Baekhyun sits down on the bed while he waits for Chanyeol to finish. When they both are ready to sleep, Chanyeol turns off the lights and walks over to the bed. To Baekhyun's surprise, Chanyeol doesn't cuddle down with him. He only sits down on the spot besides him and then they just sit there in the dark and silent room.

They both sit silent for a long time. Baekhyun isn't sure what to say or if Chanyeol is upset about something. Maybe he's worrying about that weird scientist? Maybe something happened while he was gone? Baekhyun still doesn't know what is bothering Chanyeol or what is making him act strangely. He must be upset somehow, but Baekhyun isn't sure what to do. He wants to comfort Chanyeol, but how is he supposed to do that?

 

Aren't you going to sleep?”

 

Chanyeol finally breaks the silence, though he doesn't move on his spot. Baekhyun has to make up his mind: should he let Chanyeol be or not? He can't really ignore the fact that Chanyeol is upset about something, it's quite obvious that something is wrong. It wouldn't be right of him to ignore it and just go to bed like nothing has happened.

 

Hey... Are you...? Are you alright?”
“Why do you ask? That's rather my question. That man must have scared you.”
“He did, but that wasn't what I was talking about.”

 

Once again they fall silent. Chanyeol doesn't say anything and he doesn't move from his spot. Maybe he wants Baekhyun to make the first move or maybe he doesn't want Baekhyun to do anything at all? It's hard to tell what he's supposed to do when he can't see Chanyeol's expressions. Though, Baekhyun shouldn't just sit here and pretend everything is fine. If something is bothering Chanyeol or if there is something that makes him feel upset, than it's his job as his boyfriend to comfort him and make him feel better.

 

Hey Chanyeol...Let's talk a little.”

 

Baekhyun is fast to move now. He carefully uses his hands to find where Chanyeol is sitting before he sneaks upon his lap. He then grabs Chanyeol's shoulders and lets his hands slide up to his cheeks. He holds Chanyeol's head gently in his hands while smiling.

 

Baekhyun... I'm sorry, but I'm not in the mood to fool around.”
“I know that, I'm not stupid. I can't see your face, but I can tell right away when something is wrong or when something is upsetting you or is bothering you. You can deny it how much you want, however, I already know something is wrong.”
“Nothing is really wrong, I'm just... It's just...”
“You don't have to tell me if you don't want too, but I want you to know that I'm here to listen to all your worries. If you just want someone to comfort you, than you know where to find me. I want to make sure that you understand that I do care about you and your problems. I'm not ignoring you, I'm just giving you space until you're ready to talk with me about it. So if there is anything you would like to say, I will listen. If you would like a hug, then I will hug you with all my love.”

 

Baekhyun feels how he smiles, though he can't help but to blush as well. He didn't intend to make it sound cheesy, but he only said what his heart wanted to say. If Chanyeol doesn't want to talk about his worries and problems, then Baekhyun is alright with it. He will support him in anyway he can even though he doesn't know what the problem is.

 

Baek... You... You really remind me of someone.”
“I do? Who? Do I know this person?”
“No, you never got to meet her...”

 

Chanyeol falls silent for a while and lets Baekhyun think on his own. Is Chanyeol perhaps talking about...? Is he talking about his sister? Wait a little... Maybe that is what is bringing him down today? That's right, Chanyeol's sister died for not too long ago and today might have been an important day about her.

 

I'm sorry, it's not like I want to remind you about her. I'm sorry if I make you feel upset, even though I only want to cheer you up.”

 

Baekhyun Chanyeol's cheeks gently and to his surprise, they're wet. He knows what is going on, but he's not sure what to say. Chanyeol is crying and it's understandable. Baekhyun must be reminding him of his dead sister who was blind and got killed through an accident.

 

I'm sorry...”

 

Baekhyun wipes Chanyeol's tears away before he pulls him into a warm embrace. Chanyeol is usually the one who comforts Baekhyun, but today it's the opposite. Today Baekhyun will be the one who gives him a tight hug and tells him that everything is going to be alright.

 

I'm sorry...”

 

They both sit in silence for a long time. Baekhyun hugs Chanyeol and gently his back with one hand. He can feel how Chanyeol hugs him back tightly and he's burying his face against his neck. It hurts to know that the cheerful Chanyeol is crying in his arms. He wants to do something for him, but this is all he can think of. He lets Chanyeol cry for a long time. They both don't say anything and Baekhyun listens to his silent sobs. His heart aches every time a sob echoes through the room.

After a couple of minutes has passed, Chanyeol finally pulls out of the hug. Baekhyun gently grabs his head and wipes away some more tears with his thumbs. He tries to smile warmly in hope that Chanyeol might feel a little better now.

 

Do you want something? Should we get you some water or tissues?”
“I'm alright... I just... I just need a minute to calm down...”

 

Baekhyun nods to an answer while wiping out the tears. This is the first time he has ever seen Chanyeol cry, if he now can say that. Chanyeol puts his hands on Baekhyun's before he removes them from his face. For a couple of seconds, Baekhyun thought he would push Baekhyun to the side to leave the room, but he didn't. Instead he pushed Baekhyun down on the bed before he embraces him from behind and buries his face against his back and neck.

 

I want to sleep... I'm sorry, but I'm really exhausted and just wants to sleep...”
“It's alright, you can sleep. I will be right here tomorrow as well.”

 

Chanyeol chuckles lightly before he squeezes Baekhyun in his arms one last time. After that, he falls silent and Baekhyun joins him. They lie there on the bed while listening to the silence. Baekhyun has so many questions spinning around his head, but he doesn't dare to open his mouth. Instead he closes his eyes and holds his hands against Chanyeol's. He hopes this will be enough to comfort his love.

 

***

 

Baekhyun wakes up to a soft touch. He feels how Chanyeol's fingers runs through his hair and how his hand gently his cheeks. It feels really good and Baekhyun admits that he doesn't want to wake up. He lies there on the bed and enjoys the touch from Chanyeol for a while until Chanyeol leans down and kisses his forehead. Baekhyun opens his eyes, but then remembers that he can't see anything so it doesn't really matter to him.

 

Good morning sleeping beauty.”

 

Chanyeol's voice is soft and charming, like it usually is. Honestly Baekhyun expected it to sound more like yesterday, more burdened or tired. Chanyeol seems to be in a much better mood today which is good, but Baekhyun hopes he's not faking it. He rather have Chanyeol being honest with his feelings than faking it.

 

Good morning my prince. Did you sleep well?”
“Thanks to you, I did. I'm glad that you made me come here even though I wasn't in the mood. About yesterday...”
“You don't have to talk about it if you don't want too, I understand.”
“No, I want you to hear this. I think it's better if I'm straight forward with you.”

 

Baekhyun turns his body towards Chanyeol's and places one of his hands against his hips. Is he being serious? Baekhyun said it's alright if he doesn't want to talk about it, yet he's already getting ready to tell him everything.

 

Are you sure that you're ready to talk about it? Yesterday you seemed to-”
“I'm ready, trust me. So, about yesterday... Yesterday was the day when my sister died. I have told you this before, but I will say it again. My sister got into an accident, just like you, but she didn't make it out of it. She was hit by a car while walking to school one day when I was sick. I usually walked her to school since she was blind, but her friends promised to take her. Though, Yura walked away on her own and she ended up tripping in front of a car that run right over her. It was an instant death, so she didn't die painfully. Though, she left a great input on us all. I... I used to blame myself for her death since I was sick and couldn't walk her to school. I kept thinking that if I hadn't been sick, then she wouldn't be dead. It's three years ago since she died and I still miss her. I know she's always with me and is watching over me from heaven, but I sometimes believe that she's glaring at me. I'm scared that she's jealous of me or that she's angry at me for letting her die because of a stupid cold. The guilt always comes back to me whenever it's her birthday or the day she died, like yesterday. I usually stay home during those days, but I got scared that you would get hurt while walking to school. That's why I decided to come here since you're home alone. If something would have happened to you while I was gone and no one else was here, I would probably go insane. That man who showed up yesterday, he didn't look like a scientist and for a couple of seconds, I felt terrified. I didn't want anyone to take you away from me like they did with Yura. I didn't realize that until yesterday when you comforted me. Baekhyun, I want to thank you for comforting me and for watching over me. You nearly got kidnapped, you have nearly gotten and you lost your precious eyesight, yet you're so bright. You think you're depressed, but you're making everything around me bright again. All of this probably doesn't make any sense to you, but I'm really thankful for meeting you. This might sound a little selfish, but I think helping you might make my sister proud and I hope she will forgive me for not walking her to school that day when she left us. Baekhyun, I love you.”

 

Baekhyun is speechless. How is he supposed to respond to that? Well, he knows that he has a couple of things he wants to say to Chanyeol, but he's feeling too speechless at the moment. He never expected Chanyeol to say anything like this to him and to hear that Chanyeol treasures him a lot makes his heart beat faster. This must be what people call love.

 

Chanyeol... I... Wow... You nearly said everything I have always wanted to say to you. You were the one who saved me from my depression, even though I have a lovely family and lovely friends around me. I love them all, but it felt like you were the only one who could put yourself in my shoes and see everything from my point of view. I... I'm truly grateful towards you and I'm happy to have found you even though I can't see you. I might get depressed from time to time, but I know that you will always be there for me when I need you. Therefor, I want to be the person who will always support you as well. I want to be the only one you love and treasure more than anything else, because that is how I look at you.”
“Hey... Since when could you be this romantic?”
“D-Don't say that, you were the one who started it.”

 

Baekhyun feels how he begins to blush heavily and he can feel how Chanyeol's hands grab his hips. Chanyeol pulls Baekhyun closer to him before he gently kisses Baekhyun's lips. Baekhyun chuckles slightly in the kiss before he wraps his arms around Chanyeol's neck and pulls him closer. They both enjoy the kiss and gets slightly closer the whole time. Baekhyun begins to think this is more thrilling than loving. They get only closer and closer and he thinks he knows where this is going. Of course he's nervous, he hasn't done anything like this since he became blind, but he fully trusts Chanyeol with all his mind and body. He fully belongs to Chanyeol and Chanyeol only because he loves him and he thinks this is what he would like to call love.

 

 


Ayo guys!

I only want to say that I'm glad if you're reading this and that I will be busy for a little longer, but hopefully I will be able to update more often soon. ^.^

Thank you for reading and supporting me, I love you guys so much and I will always appreciate your support. I'm sorry that I can't update as often as I want too, but I'm glad you're still here! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3