Only You Make Me Happy

Blinded By Your Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun sat in school as he let his hand play with the book he has in front of him. He can't concentrate today, he just can't. He do listen to what the teacher is saying and what to do, but he can't concentrate anyway.

Baekhyun has begun to space out a lot since he and Chanyeol talked for some days ago. Baekhyun still thinks about what Chanyeol told him about his sister and Baekhyun could hear the depressed and sad tone the giant had. But Chanyeol still had this comfort in his voice, like he comforted himself with his own words.

Baekhyun woke up from his thoughts when he heard the bell ring as he was fast to sit straight up. Baekhyun noticed how Kai or D.O who sat on each side of Baekhyun took all his stuff for him.

 

Baekhyun, let's go.”
“Coming.”

 

Baekhyun got up from the chair as he waited for D.O or Kai to lead him to the door. Baekhyun felt two hands grab his shoulders and how they led him out from the classroom. Then Baekhyun suddenly felt a hand grab his hand, it was a bigger hand than what Baekhyun is used to. Baekhyun looked around (or rather moved his head around to pretend to look around) to see who it was. Or rather hear who it was.

 

Don't worry, it's me.”
“C-Chanyeol. Geez, you scared me.”
“Haha, sorry. Come here, let's go and eat lunch together.”
“W-Wait, D.O got my bag.”
“Nope, I got it now. They left when they saw me.”
“Have you guys made up some kind of schedule for who will take care of me and when?”

 

Chanyeol laughed as Baekhyun walked after Chanyeol who led him down the corridor. Baekhyun don't know where they're going, but he hope they won't go to the canteen. Chanyeol talked all the time while they walked, to show Baekhyun that he still was there by Baekhyun's side. Even though the giant held Baekhyun's hand the whole time.

After some few minutes Baekhyun could finally sit down as he felt Chanyeol sit down right beside him. Chanyeol sighed deep out like he was relieved. Baekhyun turned his head towards the direction where Chanyeol sat as he really wished he could see the giant.

 

Here, I will give you your lunch.”
“Thank you...”
“Hey, after school today, what are you going to do?”
“I don't know. I will probably go home and-”
“Don't say you're going to hide in your room.”
“I don't know, the medicine makes me really tired and-”
“Please come with me.”
“W-Where?”
“To my house.”
“Why?”
“Because I want to spend some time with you.”
“Why?”
“Because I want to get to know you even more.”
“Don't you know me enough already?”
“Can you please come over to my house after school. Pretty please~”

 

Baekhyun felt how he hesitated before he nodded a little and hoped Chanyeol saw him.

 

Great! Then I will pick you up after your last class outside your classroom.”
“Okay...”
“Hey, open your mouth.”
“Why?”
“Taste this.”

 

Baekhyun did as Chanyeol told him as he opened his mouth and felt how Chanyeol showed something into his mouth. Baekhyun chewed on the sweet familiar candy as Baekhyun couldn't help but to smile a little for himself.

 

It's good, right? Do you like chocolate a lot?”
“Mm... I do.”
“Then open up, I got some more.”

 

Baekhyun happily opened his mouth as Chanyeol kept feed him and then Baekhyun had to eat his lunch to not start to feel sick. Baekhyun chewed on his lunch for a long time as he suddenly felt Chanyeol's hand land on his head and carefully patted Baekhyun like he was some kind of dog.

 

Slow down, you're eating to fast. Don't be in such a hurry. You got plenty of time left.”
“S-Sorry, since I don't see what time it is... I don't know how much time I got to eat.”
“Don't worry, it's over 30 minutes left. So you can relax.”
“Okay.”

 

Baekhyun tried to eat a little slower as he listened to Chanyeol who talked about normal stuff, like Baekhyun is a normal boy. But Baekhyun isn't normal, he's blind. Baekhyun felt how suddenly didn't feel hungry anymore, he just felt... depressed. Chanyeol seemed to notice Baekhyun's sudden mood change as he put his hand on Baekhyun's head again and patted it gently, which felt good for once.

 

Hey, cheer up. Don't look so down. Here, take some more chocolate.”
“No thanks... I'm not hungry.”
“Hey, don't let yourself get depressed like that.”
“Then what am I supposed to do?”
“You're supposed to try to live on like normally.”

 

Baekhyun heard Chanyeol's deep voice very loud and clear, but it still felt like the words didn't reach him. Baekhyun just sat there beside Chanyeol and stayed silent until Chanyeol removed his hand from Baekhyun's head and sighed.

 

You know, if you're going to keep be depressed, things will just get worse.”
“I'm not doing it on purpose.”
“But do something about it then.”
“You don't know how it feels like to be depressed.”
“I don't? I just lost my sister who got-”

 

Chanyeol cut himself off as he went silent right away. Baekhyun felt a little guilty as he let his hand seek after Chanyeol's. Baekhyun felt Chanyeol's arm and followed it down to his hand as Baekhyun grabbed it carefully.

 

I'm... sorry... I went too far... I didn't mean to make you sad.”
“I'm fine.”
“If it helps... I just want to say... that you probably were the greatest little brother she ever could have wished for.”

 

Baekhyun felt how he blushed a little, to be honest it's not like him to talk like this. Chanyeol sat quiet for a while as Baekhyun wondered if Chanyeol looked at him or not. But Baekhyun can't tell since he can't see.

 

Thank you, it means a lot to hear.”
“Well... it means a lot to hear that someone still believes in me.”

 

Baekhyun just smiled into the thin air as he felt Chanyeol's hand squeeze his hand a little gentle, like Chanyeol tried to say that he understood Baekhyun's feelings. But before Baekhyun could continue this talk, the school bell rang as Baekhyun let Chanyeol let go of his hand so they could get their things together and get back to their classrooms.

 

So, I see you after school then.”

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol don't know how to explain this but he thinks he just fell for Baekhyun and his wonderful charm. Chanyeol can't tell why or how, but he suddenly felt... his heart skip a beat or two when he sees Baekhyun.

Chanyeol walked towards Baekhyun's classroom as he passed some familiar faces. Chanyeol still have something in mind that Baekhyun might not think about right now. The person who tried to the poor little Baekhyun.

Chanyeol gets a little uncomfortable to be honest. The thought about someone who walks in their school tried to take advantage on Baekhyun's blind eyes and him, it makes him sick. It's sick and Chanyeol wants to know who it was so he can beat the out of that person.

Chanyeol stopped outside Baekhyun's classroom as he waited for D.O or Kai to come out with little Baekhyun. After some few minutes they all, the three of them, came out from the classroom. Baekhyun looked a little tired, but Kai and D.O assured Chanyeol that it was because Baekhyun just had taken a nap. During their class, which is kind of his bad. But Chanyeol didn't have the power to scold the younger boy right now.

 

Come here, let's go right away.”
“Okie dokie... I see you guys tomorrow.”
“Take well care of him Chanyeol.”
“I will, don't worry.”
“See you tomorrow Baekhyun-ah.”

 

Chanyeol smiled as he begun to walk and let Baekhyun have a tight grip around his hand. Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked silent for some meters, until Baekhyun turned his head towards Chanyeol's direction, like he wondered if it really was Chanyeol who walked with him.

 

We're almost there now, so don't worry.”
“I thought you couldn't be this silent.”
“Sorry, I just... thought about something.”
“What did you think about?”
“Well... I don't want to scare you-”
“You're scaring me by saying that.”
“Just listen, I promise to not hurt you, okay?”
“Okay, continue what you were about to say.”
“I was about to say that I thought a little about that mysteriousr.”
“O-Oh, w-what about him?”
“I just... think it's weird that he hasn't tried to do something against you again.”
“Well it's not like I can see him or anyone who seems suspicious.”
“I know that, but I mean... haven't you been alone in school again lately?”
“No, not really. D.O and Kai refuse to let me be alone and when they let me be alone so are you with me. So I'm practically never alone anymore.”
“I see. Maybe that is for the best?”
“Yeah, I really don't feel like loosing my ity-”
“Wait, y-you're a ?”
“Well yeah, I may have been a little popular with certain people, but I never got any further than kissing.”
“Wow... I didn't see that coming.”
“What? Is it wrong to be nowadays?”
“No, not at all. I just... got a little surprised, that's all. I'm kind of proud of you.”
“You are? Why?”
“Because you're a . To be honest, there isn't many people who are s when they're 17 years old. And you're soon 18 years old, or am I wrong?”
“No, you're right. Well, it's actually a thing I rather don't talk about to be honest. I admit that I feel a little... embarrassed sometimes when I mention it.”

 

Baekhyun looked a little shy at the ground as Chanyeol smiled and walked with Baekhyun until they finally reached his house. Chanyeol opened the door fast for Baekhyun and helped him up for the steps so he could step in to the house.

 

Wow, it's smells good here.”
“Yeah, mom does something weird so it smells like-”
“Vanilla.”
“Yes, you're really sharp.”

 

Baekhyun smiled proud as Chanyeol got his shoes and jacket off to help Baekhyun. When they both had their shoes and jackets off they could proceed to Chanyeol's room, which meant that Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand and begun to lead him through the house.

 

How big is your house?”
“Uhm, let me see. We got one kitchen, one living room, three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Plus one or two closets.”
“Wow, your house must be pretty big.”
“Yeah, it's almost as big as your house, just a little smaller. But it's new built.”
“Oh, so we're near the big playground.”
“Yes, how did you know?”
“I remember I saw them build the houses before... Before the accident happened.”
“Oh... I see... Well here is my room. Feel free to look or rather feel around a little.”

 

Baekhyun nodded as Chanyeol took Baekhyun's bag and watched the boy walk almost a little scared towards the nearest wall. Chanyeol took the chance to study Baekhyun and how he walked around in the room. The boy must have gotten used to use his hands to see, because he had a pretty familiar technique compared to the way Yura, Chanyeol's big sister, used to “look” around.

 

Do you have something sensitive in here?”
“A guitar, but it's standing on the floor by the bed.”
“Something else?”
“Uhm... My laptop on the desk, nothing else.”
“What's this?”
“It's a rubix cube, I got it from a friend when I moved.”
“Woah, I remember when Kai tried to solve on just because one of his Chinese friends could solve one. He at it.”
“Haha, me too.”
“Well I can't try sadly enough.”
“Don't worry, we can figure something out.”
“So, what do you want to do?”
“Haha, is this my house or yours?”
“Haha, it's yours.”
“Are you tired?”
“A little, but not that much. How about you?”
“Do you want to take a nap?”
“A nap...? You take those?”
“Well yeah, I do. Just because I can see doesn't that mean that I can't be tired.”

 

Baekhyun laughed as Chanyeol walked over to the boy and led him over to the bed. Chanyeol sat down on the bed and helped Baekhyun to do the same before he embraced the younger boy and literally just lied down.

 

W-What are you doing-?”
“Don't worry, I'm just making sure that you won't fall of the bed.”

 

Chanyeol looked down at the shy Baekhyun who seemed to blush a little. Chanyeol smiled a little as he let Baekhyun lie beside him with his blind eyes.

 

Why... are you doing this?”
“What do you mean?”
“I... I know you have already answered me, but... I still can't understand. I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't want to become friends or closer to anyone who's blind before I got blind. I mean there is a limit to everything, like what you can do and what you can't. I just... Don't get it why you want to be friends with me. Don't I... make you feel sad or bad? Don't I... make you think about your sister? I don't... want to hurt you you know.”

 

Chanyeol smiled for himself as he stared at Baekhyun who kept talk about this for a long time. He kept try to find a reason why Chanyeol wouldn't be Baekhyun's friend, but the funny is that Chanyeol thinks that Baekhyun is just grateful that they are getting closer to each other.

 

I just... I can't believe it anymore. I can't believe that I... that you...”
“You seem to be confused by your own words if you ask me.”
“W-What do you mean with that?”
“One second you talk about how you wouldn't be friends with a blind, but the next second you start to argue against yourself. It's funny to hear to be honest.”
“Do you think I'm ridiculous? Is that what you're trying to say?”
“Don't get mad, I'm just saying that you don't seem to be that confident in your own answers right now. Trust me, I'm not always confident in my own words either.”
“So you don't think I can be normal again?”
“That is another thing. I don't think you can be normal again, I know you can.”
“Wow... I'm speechless. You almost sounded convincing just now.”

 

Chanyeol begun to laugh as Baekhyun smiled a little as well and buried his head against Chanyeol's chest. Chanyeol isn't sure if Baekhyun realize that it's his chest and not a pillow, but he didn't want to say anything. Instead Chanyeol decided to close his eyes as well and try to fall asleep.

 

Hey Chanyeol... Are you sleeping yet?”
“No, I'm still awake.”
“D-Do we really have to take a nap?”
“No, we don't have too. Is there something else you want to do?”
“I just... want to talk.”
“Then we can talk as much as you want.”

 

Baekhyun smiled a little shy as Chanyeol smiled back at the boy, even though Baekhyun can't see him. Chanyeol is just happy that Baekhyun wants to talk to him, after all that is what Chanyeol intends to make the boy do.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun woke up when he heard sounds come from the room under him as he sat tired up and wondered what was going on. Before he could tell what was going in, he heard the door to the room get open and a strangers voice echoed through the room.

 

Chanyeol- Oh, s-sorry, I didn't know you had a friend over.”
“Umma... Welcome home...”
“Are you boys hungry?”
“What time is it?”

 

Baekhyun asked as he tugged Chanyeol's arm to get an answer as fast as possible. Chanyeol seemed to fumble a little with his phone before he could answer Baekhyun's question.

 

It's 6 pm, do you want to go home?”
“I think I have to go home. Umma might get worried.”
“Okay, I will follow you home.”
“Are you going to eat home Chanyeol?”
“Uhm, yeah I think so.”
“Then I will start make dinner right away.”
“Okay, let's go Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol helped Baekhyun up from the bed as he got Baekhyun's bag for him and then they walked together down to the hallway. Chanyeol helped Baekhyun with his shoes and jacket, like before and got his own things on before they could leave. Chanyeol automatically grabbed Baekhyun's hand as they left the house, though Baekhyun never got the chance to actually say hi or goodbye to Chanyeol's mother.

 

That was a wonderful nap.”
“It was because you used me as a teddy bear.”

 

Baekhyun said that while he stuck his tongue out towards Chanyeol who chuckled and patted Baekhyun's head gently as they walked down the street.

 

So, did you sleep well Baekhyun?”
“Mm, I did. I also... enjoyed our conversation.”
“That's good, because I enjoyed it as well.”
“Do you... truly think that I can be normal again?”
“You are normal, it's just your habits that will have to feel more like normal again.”
“Me... normal? But I'm-”
“I know what you are Baekhyun, but it can't be helped. It's still you anyway. With or without your eyesight, you're still Byun Baekhyun.”
“Thank you Chanyeol... You're making me feel... Happy again.”
“I hope so, since I really want you to be happy.”
“I have nothing against Kyungsoo or Sehun, or Suho or Kai, but they can't make me smile like this... They can't comfort me like you do. I... I really want them to be like you, but somewhat it feels like... You're the only one that can make me happy.”

 

Baekhyun felt how he blushed a little, but what he said felt true. Or at least right there and then, Baekhyun has no idea if he will regret saying this later in the future.

 

Then, I will do my best to keep you happy.”
“You better do.”
“Yah, don't sound spoiled.”
“Haha, sorry sorry, it's an old habit to tease Kyungsoo.”
“Hey... tomorrow let's do something again.”
“Okie dokie, but let's be at my place.”
“Why?”
“Because I'm too lazy to walk this much.”

 

Chanyeol just laughed at Baekhyun who smiled and tighten his grip around Chanyeol's hand. It feels really good right now, things finally starts to feel good and okay again.

 


Ayo everyone! I'm back after such a long time! Yay! ^.^

So, I have had a lot to do lately, which I mean school. I have had some huge tests, but now I have a short break before two other big tests.

Anyway, thank you all for your wonderful support! I will do my best to update as often as I can! So please be patient! ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are appreciated, but up to you! ^.^

That was all I had to say for this time. Take care until we see each other next time! Bye bye~

Peace and love to you all! <3