So We Meet Again

The Many Reasons Why

*Written by Shaneru-chi~ 

*Eun Mi's POV*

I just arrived at the park, back stage, preparing myself. The rap I prepared is Bang Yong Gook's 'I Remember' and a bit of free styling. Which made me even more nervous because I'm not used to free styling. I sat on a chair, listening to my ipod while I practiced. The number on my shirt read 4. 

So here is how the competition goes. 10 students from Infinity High and 10 students from Baksu High compete. It alternates from an Infinity High School student and then a Baksu High School student. So pretty much you're paired up against each other. Whoever wins in the first round will move onto the second round and so on. If I pass this round, then I can move onto the finals, and hopefully, win this competition!

I know people said winning isn't everything, but I want to win so badly! That's not a bad thing right? There's nothing wrong with wanting to win. It makes me even more nervous because our school hasn't been doing so well these past years. Honestly, there's only two students from Infinity High. Me and some guy name Hoya. He's really good, but when seeing some students from Baksu High makes me so nervous. He performed earlier, and now he's sitting on a chair, looking as serious as ever. He's part of our school's idol group, Infinite. They're a bit snobbish and really don't talk to other people. But aren't all the popular people in high school like that? I usually ignore them anyway. 

A guy walked over to me and I pulled out my left earphone.

"You're right after this guy, Mir. You should prepare yourself," he said and walked away. 

I nodded my head and watched him walkaway. Mir? Why does that name sound familiar?  I saw that buff guy who talked to me earlier grabbed some guy whose number read 3. It was a split second, but I was able to catch how he looks like. Even though it's been so long, he still looked the same. I got up from my chair and reached my hand out, but the buff guy already pushed him pass the curtains. 

"Mir..." I whispered. 

"Ya!"

I felt someone's arm wrap around my neck and I made a choking sound. I looked up and saw Ji Eun giving off a huge grin.

"Ya!" I yelled. "Do you want me to choke and die before I even go?"

She let go and gave an innocent look of surprise. "Oh, you want me to do that after?" I raised my hand and she flinched back. "Kidding~ Kidding~ I was just trying to lighten up your nervousness."

"You're not doing a very good job at it," I walked back to my chair and picked up my water bottle. I drank at least half and put it back down. Ji Eun walked up to me and patted my head. 

"You'll do fine. You were able to get this far," she said. "You've got this down. And if you do get nervous, just do that old 'imagine the audience in their underwear' thing." 

"I think that would traumatize me instead." 

Ji Eun looked down and back at me. "Well, good luck!" She gave me a thumbs up and a bright smile and ditched. 

"Some best friend she is," I muttered. 

"Oh!" Ji Eun turned around, "Don't forget, winning isn't everything!" And with that, she left and joined the audience outside. 

I hit my forehead. If only it were that easy.  Not when your entire school is counting on you and probably chase you out of  school if you don't win. I placed a hand to where my heart is. Calm down heart. You can do this. We can do this.

I decided to take a look at the guy who went before me. I peaked behind the curtains and saw him on center stage, giving his all in rapping. Something about his rapping just seemed to pull me in. It was like I was mesmerized. A small smile formed on my face. You really haven't changed at all, huh Mir? 

*Mir's POV*

Dashi dorawa julttaekkaji
nan yeogi seoisseo girl bamnat eobsi 
chingudeureun bichamhade huh it's OK cause
nan neo eobsin dugeundugeun
ttwideon simjangi
gudeobeorin maneking cheoreom
teongbin kkeopjil
Come back love girl I'm so sorry

I finished my rap compilation by giving a charismatic stare at the audience. They will love that. Might get me some extra points. I smiled once they started clapping and bowed. "Gamsahabnida!" I waved and I heard a few girls squeal. I bowed once more and head back stage. 

I opened up the curtains and almost bumped into someone. "Ah, sorry." I apologized.

"It's okae," said a girl's voice. I walked past her, but I heard someone say "Wait."

I turned around, but that buff guy that called me earlier started pushing her towards the stage. 

I tilted my head to the right in confusion. "Did she just call for me?" I shook my head and went back to my seat. A staff member handed me a bottle of water and I gladly took it. 

"Gamsahabnida," I said and drank the refreshing liquid. 

"Psst. Psssssssst."

I turned around and saw no one behind me. 

"Psst. PSSSSSSSSST." 

Am I hearing things? I looked around but I saw no one calling for me. I shook my head. "Mir, you're just really nervous. You're hearing things."

"You idiot!" 

At that moment I felt something hit the back of my head and I noticed a half filled water bottle roll on the floor. I rubbed the back of my head and got up to see the culprit. I moved towards the back of the tent. "Come out... I hope you haven't forgotten my limited Taekwondo skills!"

"You only took Taekwondo lessons for three days."

"Well you know what? You can learn a lot in just three days," I responded.

"Yeah, just some excersises and a few simple punches and kicks." 

"Wait... this voice sounds familiar."

I let down my guard and a big smile spread across my face. "Cheondu--" Someone from behind the curtain grabbed my arm and I was pulled outside. I saw Cheondung hyung standing right in front of me. "Cheondung hyung! You're back!" I hugged him and he tried to pull me away.

"I just saw you a couple of minutes earlier," he said as he got out of my embrace. "By the way, nice job. You were amazing back there." 

"Chinchayo? I was so nervous though."

"Why would you? You've done this many times before. And let's not forget you won two times in a row. If you win this years competition, that would be your third win! You'll be considered a legend!"

I looked up at the sky with my eyes sparkling. Or at least I think it was. "A legend~" 

Cheondung hyung shook my back into reality. "Okae. Enough day dreaming. I gotta get out of here now."

I stopped him. "Wait! Where are you going?"

"Back to my seat. There's one more contestant. I don't know her name though. Not much girls enter the rap competition, and she made it this far. She must be really good." He gave a smile and patted my shoulder. "Good luck. I hope you make it into the finals."

I watched him as he went back into the crowd of people. A girl? I want to see that. I followed Cheondung outside, making sure I was a distance away from him. I slipped into the crowd and saw a petite girl standing on stage. The host stood next to her holding cue cards. 

"Our final contestant for today is a senior at Infinity High School." A few cheers were heard while others booed. "Now now," the host said, trying to calm the audience. "Let's not fight. This is a fun competition that we should all enjoy!" 

Not when your whole entire school is on your back and if you lose, you're pretty much considered dead, I said to myself. 

"Without any further ntoice, here is our final contestant, rapping to Bang Yong Gook's 'I Remember'  and some freestyle rapping!" Some people clapped really loudly - Infinity High students, while others silently threw their thumbs down and smirked- Baksu High students. Even though I was from Baksu High, I didn't boo or anything. I crossed my arms and looked at the girl. She had the mic in her hand and took a few deep breaths. 

She raised the mic close to and began rapping. The crowd quieted down and listened to her. I've been in this competition for two years, and I've only seen three girls enter it, and they only made it to the second round or got eliminated right then and there. But her, I can see why she made it to the semi-finals. I started rapping along while watching her performance. For some reason, I couldn't take my eyes off her. She moved onto her freesyle rapping. She didn't look as comfortable as earlier, probably her first time doing freestyling. Even so, she was still very good and I couldn't take my eyes off her. 

Her performance was finally over and everyone applauded. Even some Baksu High students admitted she was good by clapping but they got scolded by their friends. She bowed to the audience, "Gamsahabnida." She bowed once more and headed back stage. I think my legs had a mind of it's own because I followed her back stage. She was walking down the steps and I was about to approach her but a bunch of girls surrounded me. 

"Mir oppa! You were so cool out there!" One girl said.

"Uhmm... thanks?"

"Oppa, do you have a girlfriend?"

"Uhmmm..."

"Oppa! How come you're so good looking?"

"I was born with it." 

"Hey! How did you girls get back here!" A security guard yelled. "Out! No one is allowed back here unless you're a staff member, a contestant, or if you have a pass." 

The group of girls groaned and the security guard led them outside. But they still had time to turn to me and gave me heart signs and "call me" signs. 

I slowly backed away. Fangirls are scary... I was going to look for that girl, but when I turned around, I saw her right in front of me.

"Hi," she said. 

"Uhh... hi." Mir, why are you stuttering? 

"Long time no see Mir," she said. "You were great out there."

I pointed at myself. "Wait. Do you know me?"

She nodded. "Yeah. We used to be childhood friends, but you moved away. I kinda used to like you back then too." Her cheeks turned a little pink. 

"You-- you used to like me?"

"Yeah, but that was before. Well, goodbye. I don't think it's good for an Infinity High student to be seen talking to a Baksu High student," she smiled and walked away. 

"Wait--" I felt someone grab my arm and when I turned around, I saw a tall guy with a fake mustache, glasses, and a beanie. 

"Really hyung, really? What kind of a disguise is that?" I gave him a look.

"A disguise that's enough to hide my real identity," he said while shushing me.

"Where are we going?" 

"To see who's moving on to the finals," Cheondung hyung smiled and continued to drag me. I turned my head in search for the girl. But... I didn't get her name...


Chapter 2 ends with a cliff-hanger~ :D xD Omo~ We have 4 subscribers already! Thank you for subscribing!^^ 

I finished this chapter sooner than I thought~ xD Oh, and I guess you can see the different writing styles of Cheesebloo and I. :P And I'm not much of a comedic writer, but I'll try my best to make the story funny~!

I apologize for any spelling or grammar errors. 

Soo... comment, subscribe, and tell us what you think~ ^^