Gender Bending

The Many Reasons Why

*Written by Shaneru-chi :D

*Mir's POV*

I sat alone in the living room talking to Cheondung hyung. The clock read 9:20 and the opening of the daily drama started to play. I lowered down the volume so I can hear better.

"Please hyung," I begged. "If you won't stalk her for me, then you have to help me come up with another way for me to see her."

Cheondung sighed. "I don't know what to do."

"Hyung~!" I pleaded.

"What do you want me to do? Give you an Infinity High uniform and sneak you into the school?"

I snapped my fingers. "Hyung! That's a great idea!"

"What? No! I didn't mean--"

"You're the best hyung in the world!"

There was a short pause and I heard Cheondung laugh a little. "Well, you can't deny the truth."

"So tomorrow, I'll meet you at that supermarket between Infinity and Baksu," I said. "Give me the uniform and I'll change in the bathroom there."

"Wait! I didn't agree to this--"

"Be there early! Bye hyung! See you tomorrow!" I hung up and put the phone back in it's receiver. I lay on my back with a big smile on my face. I might see her again tomorrow. I was so ecstatic just thinking about it.

I grabbed a pillow and started rolling on the floor, smiling like an idiot. I then noticed a pair of feet in front of me. I looked up to see my eomma looking at me weirdly. 

"Chulyong, what are you doing?" She asks.

"Rolling on the floor," I simply stated.

"You're not a dog. Get up!" She ordered.

"Ne eomma," I sat up and hugged the pillow and continued smiling.

*Minyoung's POV*

*The next day*

"Wanna stop by the store to buy food for lunch?" A.I asked.

"Arasseo," I followed her into the nearby supermarket.

The sliding doors opened and we stepped inside. We walked down the aisles, looking for what we could eat for lunch. Once we chose our desired foods, we head over to the cash register to pay for everything. We were going to leave once we finished paying but I stopped A.I.

"Isn't that Mir?" I said as I pointed out a guy heading towards the girls' restroom.

"Yeah that is," A.I said. "Why is he going to the girls' restroom?" She looked at me but I just shrugged my shoulders. We waited for it to be open again. Once it did, Mir walked out, but he was wearing an Infinity High School uniform. A girl's uniform no less!

My jaw dropped and so did A.I's.

"W- why is he..." I said but I couldn't finish my sentence.

"Is he wearing an Infinity High School girl's uniform?" A.I finished.

It sounded stupid, but I went on and said it anyways, "Could... could he be a traitor?"

We watched as Mir straightened out his uniform and fixed his long, black wig.

"That boy has a lot of explaining to do," A.I said and began walking but I stopped her. I pointed at my watch. 

"We're going to be late for class!"

A.I pressed her lips and looked back at Mir. "Aish... We'll talk to him later on." 

We left the store with the image of Mir dressed as a girl still fresh in our minds

*Mir's POV*

I changed into the uniform and wig Cheondung hyung gave me and met up with him at the gates of Infinity High. Cheondung hyung saw me and tried to suppress a laugh. I punched him on the shoulder.

"Why a girl's uniform?" I asked as I pointed at my attire. "Why couldn't you give me one of your uniforms?"

Cheondung was hit with common sense. "Ohh~ Well... I think my uniform would be a bit too loose since I'm taller. Plus, my sister's uniform was just within arm's reach."

I hit my forehead. 

"Now now," Cheondung hyung fixed my wig. "You're a girl now. So you should act like one. So -- girl voice."

"What?"

Cheondung crossed his arms which formed an X and made a buzzing sound. "Girl voice. Make it high-pitched."

I pouted. "Seriously hyung."

"Do you want to see this Eun Mi girl or not?"

I looked down and kicked a pebble. 

Cheondung hyung crossed his arms and had a look of satisfaction. "That's right. So, girl voice."

Come on Mir. Do you want to see her again? "Ch-- Cheondung... oppa..." I said with a high-pitched tone.

Cheondung hyung smiled. "Good girl. Now, your name is Bang Hyoyong. You're a new student, and we're cousins. Got that?"

I nodded. "Yes sir!" I remembered that I have to talk like a girl. "Yes sir!" I said in a girl voice.

"Good. Now follow me," Cheondung turned around and began walking. I took a moment to take in a deep breath and let it all out. I followed Cheondung hyung inside the campus on Infinity High. 

I've passed by Infinity High many times, but I never been past the fancy white gates. Cheondung hyung began pointing  things out, like he was giving a tour to a new student. 

"On the left side of the school are the general classes. Math, science, social studies, etc. On your right are the art classes. Music, theater, dance, band, etc. The building right in front of us is the main office, cafeteria, and library. Behind that is the gym."

"It's a big school," I muttered while admiring the place. Without watching where I was going, my shoulder hit someone. "Joesonghabnida," I apologized -- in a girl voice, but the guy I bumped into just brushed off his shoulder and continued walking. What's his problem?

"Aish" I said. "People here don't know how to say 'No problem.' or 'No, it's okae. I wasn't paying attention either'." I sighed. I turned around and almost bumped into another guy. He was smiling at me, both his lips and his eyes.

"Uhhhh...." Eotteoke, What should I say? "Uhh...." I said again. The guy then smirked. "Hey there beautiful~" he said with a wink. RUN!! RUN MIR! RUN! "Umm... Annyeonghaseyo." I said as I bowed. Oh god, why didn't I run? Curse you polite gods!

"What's a pretty girl like you walking all alone?" he said as he stepped closer to me. "Are you new here?" he asked curiously. I nodded. "Ne~" I said all high pitchy. No~ My manliness!  IT'S DISAPPEARING LITTLE BY LITTLE! "Ahh~ No wonder why." He then sighed. "You know it's not safe for a girl as pretty as you to walk alone." He continued as he grabbed my hand. Ya! Only Cheondung hyung can do that! I looked behind the guy to find Cheondung hyung still walking and talking. No....... hyung, don't leave me here with this strange guy! Cheondung hyung looked at the side and noticed that I was gone. He turned around and his eyes grew big, his expression angry. Ugh. Why is he mad?! I'm the one in a girl's uniform, walking around pretending to be a girl!

"Follow oppa. I'll give you a tour." He was about to pull me to another direction when I saw someone's hand on the guy's shoulder. The guy turned around and Cheondung hyung was there. "Ohh Hyoyong-ah~" Cheondung hyung said, looking at me with a smile. "There you are, I've been looking everywhere for you!"

Cheondung looked at the guy. "Woohyun-ah..... Thank you for taking care of her." Hyung then grabbed my hand. "Gaja~" he said, and started pulling me to who know's where. I looked back to find the guy's head tilted. He continued to pull my hand and didn't let go until we were far away. 

"What was that about?" I whispered.

Cheondung hyung had a disgusted look on his face. 

"What's wrong?" 

He turned to me, his expression serious. "If we ever run into him again, just don't talk to him."

"Waeyo? Who is he?" I asked curiously.

"He's part of the school's idol group 'Infinite'. They're just a bunch of jerks. I wouldn't want you to talk to them."

"Fine with me," I said. "That guy freaked me out." 

Cheondung hyung sighed. "Come on, let's go." 

I followed hyung as he continued giving me a tour. I was half listening, half not listening. I would only catch a few words and just nod every now and then. My attention was focused on finding Eun Mi. Where could she be?

*Ji Eun's POV*

School was almost over and Eun Mi and I were sitting in our math class, waiting for the bell to ring. 

"Where do you want to go after school?" I asked. "I want to eat snacks."

"Ice cream~" Eun Mi said cheerfully.

"That's a dessert. Not a snack," I pointed out.

"Is there a difference?"

I shook my head. "Fine. Ice cream it is." Eun Mi started to clap like a little kid. "Where do you want to go?"

"Sweet Dreams!" she said with a big smile. 

"Arasseo. It's close anyway. We'll go there straight after school?" 

Eun Mi nodded happily. "Yes!"

*A.I's POV*

"Do you want to go anywhere?" I asked Minyoung. School has already ended and students were rushing out the gates. 

"I don't know," she replied. "I have a lot of homework to do. I've been procrastinating way too much these days."

I shook my head. But then again, I also have been procrastinating as well. "Fine then. Maybe tomorrow." I looked at Minyoung but she seemed to be spacing at. "Minyoung!"

She turned to me, confusion written on her face. "Huh?"

I hit my forehead. "You space out too much."

"No, it's just that, I haven't seen Mir the entire day." 

"He dressed up as a girl in Infinity High's uniform. He must be up to something," I said suspiciously.

Speaking of Infinity High, we were passing by the school right now. Even though we were rivals, the schools were built close to each other. They were only a few blocks away. At first, the two schools started out as "best friends". However, students and teachers from each school became greedy. They wanted their school to win in contests. They wanted their school to have the best performance. Competition became fierce. Now, the idea of Baksu and Infinity being "best friends" is just a joke. It's not rare to find an Infinity student walking the same way to school as a Baksu student. They keep their distance, although they do give vicious glances when the other is not looking. We walked on the other side of the street, where less Infinity students were. Even so, we were given looks and once in awhile I would hear people whisper. "Losers."

"Could he really be a traitor?" Minyoung gasped. "I spy perhaps?"

"If he really is a traitor--" I was going to continue my sentence, but I noticed a familiar looking face in the distance. I looked more closely, and I couldn't be wrong. Whether he was dressed as a guy or girl, I could recognize Mir's face anywhere. I shook Minyoung's shoulder and pointed at Mir. She followed my finger and her eyes grew big. 

I looked at her and she looked at me. We both nodded and walked towards Mir. He was talking with some guy from Infinity High. He was laughing and Mir punched him on the shoulder. 

We stopped just a few feet from him. "Mir!" We said at the same time. Mir turned around and his expression darkened. 

"Uh oh..." 


You know, Mir should really learn how to let others finish talking~ xD So how was this chapter? Funny? I'm not much of a comedic writer, but I tried my best~ T^T

Oh, and the part where Woohyun was hitting on Mir, Cheesebloo wrote that part, so credit for that goes to her, and our other friend who gave the idea~ xD

Tell us what you think~ Comment! Please? :3