Round Two

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6D8IniIEx4

Jia: I'll Confess

------------------------------------------

Yoonjung stood in front of the mirror with a troubled frown. She really didn’t want to go to school today.

Who knew what kind of trouble she would run into today?

She was on Exo’s radar, and they would not hesitate to harass her once they caught sight of her.

Her phone notified her with a new message.

‘Come out when you’re ready. We’ll take the cab to school today.’ – JB.

Yoonjung grabbed a black ribbon from her box of hair accessories and tied her hair into a ponytail with it. She wanted to be alert for whatever attack would assail her way today. Yoonjung grabbed her backpack and went downstairs. Janggeun whimpered for attention and nudged her legs as she put her shoes on. She smiled and patted his head. “I’m fine.”

Her father rushed out of his bedroom as he struggled to put on his tie. “I’ll take you to school, sweetheart. Just give me a minute.”

“No, it’s okay. JB is outside, and we’ll catch a taxi together,” Yoonjung said.

“Okay then. Have a good day.” Her father kissed her forehead. He pulled back and eyed her. “I’m assuming you’ll be home today when I come home.”

“I hope so.” Yoonjung waved, scratched Janggeun’s ear one more time, and left her house. She met up with JB by her gate, and he smiled at her. “Slept well?”

“I wish I could continue sleeping,” Yoonjung muttered.

“It’s not the weekend yet. You can sleep all you want then. Let’s go before we’re late.” JB led the way.

They caught a cab at the end of the street and arrived at the dreaded SM High School. They entered the school and were immediately the center of gossip.

“That’s Got7.”

“They’re the ones who got into a fight with Exo.”

“Who is that girl then?”

“People are staring,” Yoonjung whispered.

“It’s either because I’m hot or you’re cute,” JB whispered back. Yoonjung gave him a dry look.

JB good-naturedly shrugged. “Or it could be for both.”

Yoonjung rolled her eyes and shook her head. Yet, she couldn’t help but smile because of his ridiculous assumption.

“Yoonjung! JB!” Arms were suddenly thrown around their necks. They looked back to see Jackson trying to catch his breath. “I’m actually on time today.”

“Good for you, Jackson.” Yoonjung patted his back.

“Are you condescending me?” He asked sadly. She laughed and shook her head. “I meant it.”

A few guys looked their way, and Jackson immediately shot them down with a dark glower. “What are you looking at?’

They ducked at once and looked away.

“Why does it seem like we’re the center of attention?” Jackson asked.

“According to JB, it’s because you’re hot,” Yoonjung mused.

Jackson grinned proudly. “I am, aren’t I?”

Both JB and Yoonjung began to laugh. The bell rang, and they dismally looked at each other.

“I better go to class…” She said nervously.

“We’ll walk you,” JB offered.

“Yeah, Candy. Don’t be scared. You have your boys.” Jackson tightened his arm around her and led her towards the staircase. They arrived at her homeroom that was rowdy with students already.

Yoonjung caught a glimpse of Kris and Luhan at their desks, and her hands became clammy. They looked up and caught sight of their target.

Luhan just stared while Kris smirked. His smirk made her feel uneasy. It was a smirk that promised pain, embarrassment, and suffering.

“What the hell are you looking at?” Jackson spat.

Kris smirked even wider.

“Ignore him,” Yoonjung said.

“You’ll be all right. He can’t do anything with the teacher looking,” JB promised.

“If he messes with you in any way, Candy, you let me know. I’ll beat him to pulp,” Jackson swore as he punched his palm.

“I got it. Go, don’t worry,” Yoonjung assured, even though she felt queasy inside.

Jackson and JB reluctantly left.

Yoonjung took a deep breath, squared her shoulders, and entered the classroom. She sat down and thought she had made it when she heard Kris claim rather loudly, “I wonder which one is the real boyfriend, or if she’s just playing with all seven of them. If it’s the latter, she would be considered a ho in my book.” Her ears reddened as her jaw tightened, but she made no attempt to snap back. In her book, a jerk like that didn’t even deserve her precious time.

The teacher came in and ordered everyone to open their books. For the rest of the hour, Yoonjung was safe. When break time came, she was the first to bolt out of the room. She spotted a few Exo members walking towards her and quickly spun around to go in the other direction. She glanced behind her to see if they were there. Suddenly, she crashed into someone and gasped. If it was Chanyeol, she would scream.

Yoonjung looked up to see the concerned eyes of Mark. “You shouldn’t walk so fast. You can hurt your arm again.”

“Mark,” she sighed in relief. “Good. It’s just you.”

“Just me? What are you talking about?” Mark questioned. His eyebrows furrowed. “Did one of Exo bother you?”

“No.” Yoonjung shook her head and grasped his arm. “Let’s go find the others.” They went downstairs and met up with the rest of Got7. It seemed like they had only reunited when the bell rang.

“I’ll take you to chemistry, Yoonjung.” Mark led the way. They went upstairs while talking about school topics and came to a halt by her laboratory. Yoonjung peeked inside, saw Luhan and Kris, and closed her eyes in dread. Why them? I’d take any Exo member but them.

“You’re not going to faint on me, are you?” Mark suspiciously asked.

Yoonjung opened her eyes and then gave him a dry look. “No, I’m not. If you must know, I was just thinking.”

Thinking about how to get out of this predicament.

“Thinking about how you’re going to suffer through class with those two jerks again?” Mark guessed.

Yoonjung gawped at him and then snapped shut into a tight line. “I hate it that you can read my mind.”

Mark gave a rare smile. He put his hands on her shoulders and turned her to him. “Don’t worry. You got this. If you can handle Jackson and Bambam, you can definitely handle a bunch of jokes. You’re strong, Yoonjung. That’s one of the reasons why we like you to hang out with you. You’re not like other girls.”

Yoonjung crossed her arms and frowned at him. “So, let me get this straight. You and the guys like me because I’m not a girl. Right?”

Mark’s eyes twinkled. “I think we definitely know you’re a girl. You’re just…a special kind of girl.”

Yoonjung still didn’t look convinced.

“Our special kind of girl,” he corrected. She started smiling again.

Meanwhile, Luhan was just looking around when his gaze fell upon the doorway. He spotted Yoonjung and craned his neck in interest. Then he saw a red-haired boy in front of her. Luhan cocked his head slightly as he wondered what kind of relationship they had. Was he her best friend? Perhaps he was a boyfriend. All Luhan knew was that if he had a friend like Yoonjung, he wouldn’t let them remain as friends for long. Startled by his thought, he tore his gaze away from the scene. What am I thinking? I hardly know her, besides that one time I met her at the theater and that her friends spell trouble.

The warning bell rang, and Mark left.

Yoonjung came into class only to be tripped by a long leg. She spun her head around to see Kris smirking at her. “Oops, my bad.”

Yoonjung rolled her eyes at his immaturity and found an empty spot near the front.

A nearly bald-headed man with a friendly smile and a brisk walk entered the room. “Good day, class! How is everyone?” “Good,” students mumbled, obviously used to his over-enthusiasm. Mr. Kang grinned. “That’s great! I apologize for my absence yesterday. I wasn’t able to meet the new students, but I’m glad to be here now. Welcome JYP seniors! All of us look forward to befriending you in the future.”

“Or death,” Kris added, causing a few snickers to ring in the room.

The teacher hadn’t heard him and continued, “We’ll get to know each other as the year goes on, but for now, we’re going to get new lab partners. I think diversity is a wonderful thing, and it would be great to have our JYP students and our SM students unite for an educational cause. To do that, everybody stand up!”

Half the class groaned as they stood up. “Now, now, let’s hurry up. We don’t have all day,” Mr. Kang ushered.

Everyone grabbed their things and pressed against the walls. “I really don’t want to be partnered up with anyone else,” a female JYP student whimpered next to Yoonjung. “None of us want to be with you either,” a snobby SM student glared at her. Yoonjung shot the obnoxious girl a look before looking at the teacher.

“During break, I have randomly chosen lab partners for you. When I call out your name, please come sit down where I designate you.” Mr. Kang began to read off the list. “Seo Yoonjung,” he finally called.

Yoonjung took a deep breath and walked towards her new desk. The teacher looked at her and warmly smiled. “Greetings, Miss Seo. Your partner will be…Luhan!”

Luhan turned his head.

Who? Yoonjung wondered as she followed everyone’s stunned gazes to the one whose name had been called. A few girls gasped scandalously, and all eyes pinned on her new partner. “ to be you.” Kris chortled.

If Luhan was displeased, he didn’t show it. He grabbed his backpack and headed towards his chosen seat.

Yoonjung looked up and gulped. Luhan approached her with a steady gaze on her.

Then he put his backpack down, sat on the stool next to her, and faced forward. Still stunned by her bad luck, she gawped at him.

Luhan, feeling her piercing gaze, turned his head and blinked at her.

Yoonjung snapped shut and turned away with flushed cheeks. This is just great. Why can’t I be partners with anybody else? Why one of Exo? Whatever. At least it’s not that obnoxious, immature pole. She looked back and saw Kris partnered with one of her JYP classmates who looked terrified.

Yoonjung frowned with pity. She completely understood the girl’s emotions.

Mr. Kang came back to the front. “All

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter