Ski Trip Day 1

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0yeXp9mNA0

EXO: The First Snow

Yoonjung rubbed her frozen hands together. She blew hot air into her palms but nothing worked. She had forgotten her darn mittens, and there wasn’t a thing she could do about it at school. She stared out the window at the foggy weather.

Today was the last day of school before winter break officially began.

Tomorrow though would be the start of the senior ski trip.

This time, Got7 and Yoonjung had willingly signed up to go. It sounded like a fun opportunity, and besides, the ski resort they were staying at was rumored to be the best.

Out of nowhere, arms wrapped around her from behind and big hands rubbed her hands together.

Surprised, Yoonjung tilted her neck back to look up.

JB lifted her hands upward to meet his mouth, and he gently blew hot air into her hands. “Better?” He asked.

“Better, but the warmth is only temporary,” she said as she fought the shiver traveling up her spine. Was it just her, or did it just get colder? If the hallway was getting colder, why was she feeling hotter?

JB lightly pushed her temple to the side.

“Hey!” Yoonjung complained.

“Stupid. I asked you if you forgot anything before we left this morning. You said no. Your fault. You deserve to freeze.” JB let go of her.

Yoonjung made a face. “Yes, thank you for the reminder.”

JB grinned. “You’re welcome. That’s the least I can do as your bestest friend.”

Yoonjung rolled her eyes but smiled.

“Yoonjung!” A cheerful voice sang behind her. She whirled around to see the rest of Got7.

Bambam held out hot chocolate. “For you. Drink it before you freeze to death.”

“Thanks, Bambam. You’re a lifesaver.” Yoonjung beamed and took the hot drink.

“Aren’t you cold?” Yugyeom asked as he eyed her bare legs.

“Where are you looking, Yugyeom?! How can you be indecent! Eyes up!” Bambam scolded.

Yugyeom turned pink. “I wasn’t staring at her legs!”

“You totally were!” Bambam accused.

“Okay, I was, but not for unreasonable reasons!” Yugyeom defended himself.

“That excuse doesn’t work,” JR teased. Yugyeom shot him a death look.

“I’m cold, but I can’t do anything about it. This is the uniform,” Yoonjung said.

“You’re so strong,” JR cooed admirably. “Poor Candy.” Jackson frowned.

“Want my scarf?” Youngjae offered. Yoonjung smiled at their worry. “I’m fine. Thank you.”

“Not like your hands turned into frozen icicles, right?” JB coughed beside her.

Yoonjung jabbed his side with a look.

“Hey, let’s go somewhere warmer. We wouldn’t want you to get frostbite.” JR led the way.

“Why? I want to see her turn into an ice sculpture,” JB joked. Yoonjung tried to kick him, but he dodged her leg in time.

Laughing, the rest of the guys went with him. Yoonjung made a face and shuffled after them with her hands cupped around her hot chocolate. An arm caught her elbow and pulled her back. She looked back and blinked. “Mark?” He held out black gloves. “Wear these. They might be big, but they’re better than nothing.” She softened. “What about you?”

Without wasting another word, Mark took her hot chocolate, bit the edge of the cup, and slipped the gloves onto her hands. Finished, he gave her cup back. After glancing at her hands to make sure they were snugly warm, he walked away.

Yoonjung looked at her protected hands. Sure, the gloves were rather large for her, but at least she was warm. Smiling, she scurried after him. “Wait up!”

When the last school bell rang, everyone celebrated. Winter vacation had begun!

Excitedly, students raced out of their classrooms and eagerly headed home to get ready for their splendid trips abroad. Yoonjung went to her locker to dump all her books in there. She wouldn’t be studying much over the winter. It was her time to relax and have fun. “Hey,” a voice said beside her. She turned her head and smiled warmly. “Hi, Luhan.”

“It’s winter vacation now,” he stated. “It sure is. No school. Yay!” She beamed.

“I guess…” Luhan sighed wistfully. Puzzled by his reaction, she cocked her head. “Why do you look so sad?”

Luhan shrugged. “Vacation is boring. I’d rather be at school.” That way, I can keep seeing you every day. How am I supposed to see you over break? He stood up a little straighter. “You’re going to the ski resort, right?”

Yoonjung nodded as she closed her locker. “Yup. Are you going, too?”

Luhan smiled and nodded. “Yeah. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“See ya tomorrow.” Yoonjung waved and left.

Luhan had to do everything to contain his excitement. Hopefully, he would be able to spend some time with her.

Yoonjung left the building and saw her friends waiting for her by the gate. She smiled and headed towards them. Suddenly, a cold white flake landed on her nose. Her eyes narrowed at the object. What’s this? More white fluffs began to fall from the sky.

“It’s snowing!” Someone proclaimed.

Snow?! Yoonjung looked up and started to smile widely in awe. It was the first snow of the year!

“IT’S SNOWING, JUNGIE JUNGIE!” Bambam grabbed her arms and circled her around. Yoonjung laughed brightly. “It’s the first snow!”

“YEAH!” Jackson ran around in circles in excitement. “Oh God.” Yugyeom covered his face in embarrassment. Mark and JB started to grin while JR cheered Jackson on. Bambam stopped rotating them around and put his arm around her. “This is a good sign. It means we’ll have the best winter break ever.”

Yoonjung grinned. “I hope you’re right.” Bambam winked. “I always am.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDmqJcz67Yw

4Minute Ft. Mario and Amen: Jingle Jingle 

---------------------------------------------------

“Medicine?” “Check.”

“Scarves?” “Check.”

“Another coat?” “Check.”

“Hand-warmers?” “Check.”

“Janggeun?”

“Uh, dad? I’m pretty sure I’m not allowed to bring my pet on the trip.”

“Pads and tampons?”

“Dad!” Yoonjung squeaked. She was just glad JB had not come to pick her up yet.

“I just want you to be cautious.” Her father sighed. “I don’t even know why I signed the permission slip. I shouldn’t have allowed you to go.” “Too bad. The money is paid for, and I already packed,” Yoonjung said smugly.

“I don’t care about the money. I care about your safety.” Her father frowned

. “Don’t worry. The guys are going with me. They’ll take care of me,” Yoonjung assured.

His frown deepened. “It’s not that I don’t trust them…but I feel uneasy you going on a trip with so many guys around you. Here, I don’t mind if you hang out with them a low, but far away from home, I’m not that comfortable with the idea of them being with you.”

“Okay. I won’t hang out with them,” she quipped.

Her father gave her a look. “You know that’s now what I meant.”

Yoonjung laughed. She hugged him around the waist and beamed. “Dad, come on. I’ll be safe. I can take care of myself, too. You don’t have to worry about me at all.”

“I’ll miss you. I don’t like the idea of you going away,” her father mumbled.

Yoonjung softened. She had never been separated from her father for so long. She wanted to tell him that this was a stage in life they would have to prepare for because she was going away to college. She bit her tongue though and just squeezed his waist. A knock on the door made them looked back. Janggeun started barking madly.

“That must be JB!” Yoonjung ran over and opened the door. JB smiled. “You ready to go?” He saw her father and bowed. “Hello, ahjusshi.” “Hello, Jaebum.” He nodded.

“My dad will take us to school,” JB said as he nodded towards the car.

Yoonjung grabbed her backpack and small suitcase. Her father took the suitcase and followed her to the car. The driver’s window rolled down. Although it was snowy, JB’s father still had shades on. “Good morning, Yoonjung.” “Good morning.” She beamed. He looked at her father and took off his sunglasses so that they could see him roll his eyes. “Come on, Sanghyuk. Cheer up. You look like you’re dying. Yoonjung will only be gone for three days.”

“Three days is an eternity,” her father said dramatically, and she couldn’t help but laugh.

“Oh, please. Grow up,” his father chided. Her father shot him a look. “You try having a perfect daughter and experiencing her leave you for the first time.”

“No, thanks. I don’t want to be a forty-two-year-old crybaby,” his father huffed as he put his shades back on.

“You got everything, right?” Her father asked softly.

Yoonjung smiled and nodded. “I’ll call you often. Bye, dad. I love you.” She hugged him.

Her father hugged her tightly as he rubbed her arm and pressed a tender kiss against her forehead. “Be good, sweetheart. Have fun. Call me if you ever want to come home. I’ll be there right away.”

Yoonjung nodded. “I’ll keep that in mind.” She felt something wet press against her knees and looked down. She laughed when she saw Janggeun begging her for attention. “Of course I won’t forget about you.” Yoonjung bent down, kissed his nose, and scratched the top of his head. “Watch dad for me, okay?” Janggeun barked in response.

“I’m really going now,” Yoonjung announced with a wave before climbing into the backseat of the minivan. Her father waved. “Be careful, sweetheart. Call me!”

“She won’t!” JB’s father yelled as he drove away.

“Dad!” JB scolded. His father snickered. “I couldn’t resist.”

JB shook his head. “What an immature forty-two-year-old.”

“I heard that!” His father shot him a glare.

Yoonjung giggled at their banter. They arrived at school and left the car with their belongings after saying goodbye to JB’s dad. They met up with their friends by the buses and chatted excitedly about the trip.

“Let’s build snowmen, okay, Yoonjung?” Bambam beamed. “Of course.” She nodded eagerly.

“Let’s go ice skating, too!” JR exclaimed. “Sure.” She replied. “And let’s kiss under the mistletoe!” Jackson suggested.

Yoonjung shot him a look. “Nice try, wise guy.” “Darn it!” Jackson stomped his foot.

The group burst with laughter.

“Okay! We’ll call your names! Get into the respective buses!” The teacher announced through the microphone. Eventually, the group was split up, earning a lot of whining from Jackson. JB, Bambam, and Youngjae were going in one bus while JR, Yugyeom, and Jackson were in another bus. Yoonjung crossed her fingers. Please let me at least go into the same bus as Mark! When their names were called together, she sighed in relief.

“Hey! No fair! Trade with me, Mark!” Jackson pleaded. “I can’t. They called my name,” Mark hissed.

“So?! They won’t know!” Jackson argued. “I said no!” Mark snapped. He wasn’t going to give up this opportunity to be with Yoonjung.

“You .” Jackson pouted.

“Come on, Jackson. Let’s go hurry and line up.” JR nodded. He winked at Yoonjung. “Hate to be separated from our Princess, but we’ll catch up soon.” He kissed his fingers and pressed them tenderly against her forehead.

The six of them left to go on their buses. “Come on, Mark,” Yoonjung grabbed his arm and dragged him towards their bus. They climbed on and sat near the back. “At least we’re on this bus together.” She beamed. “Joy,” he said flatly when his heart was racing excitedly. Yoonjung smacked his arm. “Try to be happier about this situation.” Mark cast a look her way and broke into a secret grin. You have no idea how thrilled I am about this arrangement.

“Hey! There’s Yoonjung!” D.O. claimed. At once, Luhan’s head jerked around. His eyes sparkled when he saw Yoonjung, however, they dimmed once he saw who was sitting beside her.

Yoonjung looked up and gave a sociable wave.

“Hey, guys.” D.O. grinned. “Fancy seeing you in the same bus. We were destined to be on this trip together!”

Yoonjung chuckled. “I think so.”

“Let’s sit here, Luhan.” D.O. pointed to the seat in front of Mark and Yoonjung.

Luhan cautiously sat beside D.O.

D.O. got up on his knees and turned back towards Yoonjung. “What about the rest of your friends?”

“We got separated,” she said. “Bummer. We got separated, too. All of our friends are on the same bus except us two. Someone probably manipulated that because we’re the coolest ones in the group,” he stated, causing her to laugh. Mark raised an eyebrow at her genuine laughter and looked up at D.O. while wondering if this short guy was really that hilarious. He coincidentally met eyes with Luhan and became slightly tense. There was something about the way that Luhan stared at Yoonjung that made the alpha-male come out in him.

“Okay! Settle down! We’re leaving now!” A teacher called.

“Oops! Talk to you later!” D.O. waved and faced forward again. “Come on, Luhan! Sit!” Luhan reluctantly sat back down.

Once he was out of sight, Mark relaxed again.

Yoonjung texted JB. ‘You okay there?’

‘Besides the fact that you’re not my bus partner? Yes.’ – JB.

She smiled. ‘Miss me.’

‘Just a teeny weenie bit.’

‘You’re in denial.’

‘Maybe.’

Yoonjung laughed at the last text from him. She tucked her phone in the pocket of her vest and looked at Mark. “You ready for winter fun?” “I guess.” Mark shrugged. “What did we do last year for Christmas?” Yoonjung wondered as she tried to remember.

“We wanted to go camping in the mountain, but your father suggested we camp in your backyard instead,” Mark stated as he fixed his beanie.

Yoonjung burst into laughter. “Oh my gosh! I remember! But we were so cold that we ended up sleeping in the living room!” An amused smile tugged on the end of his lips. He noticed her blowing hot air onto her hands. “Do you always forget to pack your mittens?” Mark questioned.

“No! I just left them in my suitcase. I didn’t think I would need it now because we’re in a bus. I was wrong though.” Yoonjung fervently rubbed her hands for warmth.

“You’re out of luck because I didn’t wear my gloves either,” Mark pointed out.

Yoonjung tucked her hands under her thighs. That worked for some time, but her hands grew cold again.

Mark grasped her left hand and placed it in her vest. Then he held onto her right hand and slipped it into the pocket of his jacket. Yoonjung looked up at him in surprise. Mark didn’t look at her and hoped his pink ears weren’t evident. “Next time, wear your mittens.” Yoonjung smiled. “I will.”

About halfway through t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter