Acting Odd

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVH-hlxENcA

Jonghyun: She

------------------------------------------

A couple days after Christmas, Yoonjung re-organized her closet. She finished by early afternoon and stepped back to admire her work. Her closet was no longer bursting with clothes, and everything was neat and tidy.

The problem was she had to return a couple sweaters because they were too big and buy a few more pairs of jeans for the upcoming winter storms.

Yoonjung texted her father to let him know she was going to the mall and changed her outfit. She looked in the mirror and paused. Her gaze lingered on the Tiffany & Co. necklace hanging from her neck. She reached up and tenderly touched the heart pendant. This necklace was beautiful, but she realized she had been wearing ever since Christmas night.

Yoonjung went to her jewelry case and pulled out the Swarovski necklace that JB had gotten her. She didn’t want him to think she had forgotten about his gift. Yoonjung took the Tiffany and Co. necklace off and carefully put it in the jewelry box. Then she put on the Swarovski necklace and smiled in satisfaction.

Yoonjung swung her leather cross-body bag over her shoulder and bent down to pull her brown Ugg boots on.

Janggeun whimpered.

“I’ll be back soon. When I come back, I’ll sneak you bites of my dinner. How about that?” Yoonjung asked.

Janggeun barked in response.

Yoonjung chuckled and kissed his ear. “I’ll see you later. Take care of the house. Don’t let anyone but Mark in!” She locked the door and went down the front steps.

Yoonjung caught a glimpse of JB’s house and paused. She wondered what he was doing. It would be nice to have some company to the mall. Besides, she could make him carry everything. Yoonjung called him.

“Yo,” JB answered.

“Busy?” She asked.

“Extremely.”

Oh.

“I’m eating a bag of Doritos and watching reruns of the Mutant Ninja Turtles.”

“Isn’t that a kiddy show?” Yoonjung crinkled up her nose.

“How dare you. That show is a classic,” JB mocked. Yoonjung laughed.

“Get your down here. Let’s go to the mall.”

“Oh, boy. Are you sure you can’t go there alone?” JB teased.

“Fine. I’ll call JR. He’s always up for anything,” she threatened.

“Now you’re just being mean and making me jealous. I’ll be right done. Five minutes tops.” He hung up.

True to his word, JB appeared five minutes later.

“What do you need to do at the mall?” He asked breathlessly. It seemed like he had rushed to come out on time.

Yoonjung chuckled. “I need to return a few things and buy some jeans.”

“I need boots, too, so I guess it isn’t a total inconvenience to go with you,” JB stated.

Yoonjung rolled her eyes. “Sheesh. Thanks.”

“Anytime.” JB grinned.

They took a cab to Shinsege Mall. JB waited beside her as she returned all the sweaters. When she got her money back, they walked around the rest of the floor. Yoonjung found jeans on sale and scanned each price before looking for the right one. JB chuckled beside her.

“What? What’s so funny?” She demanded. “You know your dad makes a lot of money, don’t you?” He teased.

“Uh, yes. So does your dad,” she pointed out.

“Yeah, but it’s funny how you always try to save money,” JB stated.

“Of course! My dad works hard to earn that money! I’m not going to waste it frivolously. I don’t need a pair of $200 jeans. They’re all the same anyways,” she replied.

“I should have bought you a necklace from the toy machine then. They’re all the same anyways,” he quoted her.

Yoonjung gave him a dry look. “Ha-ha. Very funny. Just because I’m thrift with my money doesn’t mean I don’t like having nice things.”

“You’re not thrifty. You’re stingy.” JB patted her head and walked away.

Yoonjung’s jaw dropped. “Hey! Im Jaebum!”

They managed to find a store where she was able to find jeans she actually liked at a decent price.

“I got them! Let’s go!” She headed for the counter, but he pulled her back. “That’s it? You’re buying them just like that?”

Yoonjung nodded. “Yeah. Why?”

JB raised an eyebrow. “For someone who is so frugal with money, I thought you would at least try them on.”

“I can try them on at home. If they don’t fit me, I can always bring them back,” she said.

“Spare yourself the trip and try them on now.” He spun her around and directed her to the dressing room.

Yoonjung spun around. “But-“

“Try them on and show them to me.” JB pushed her inside and closed the door.

She made a face at the door.

“I know what you did in there! Don’t give me that look, missy!” He hollered.

Yoonjung couldn’t help but laugh. Of course he would know about her. She took off her current jeans and tried the light blue one on. She didn’t like them one bit and took them off. Then she pulled on the dark blue jeans and actually liked them. She stepped out of the dressing room. “JB?”

“Yeah.” JB whirled around and froze. His eyes became as round as saucers, and his jaw fell open. He couldn’t stop staring at her as she sauntered towards the mirror. 

Yoonjung spun around and let her bottom face the lengthy mirror. She placed one hand on her hip and flashed a smile at her reflection. “What do you think? The light blue one didn’t suit me, but I really like this one. It’s not loose or tight.”

It’s tight enough to show your . . What did I just think about Yoonjung? Did I just check out her ? How can I do that?! She’s my friend! My best friend! Friends don’t check out friends’ asses! JB thought, startled.

“JB, you told me you would give me your input. How does it look?” Yoonjung turned.

JB looked up at her, and automatically, his eyes landed on her bottom. His cheeks turned hot, and he had a hard time shutting his mouth. Damn, she’s hot. Wait. What? Damn it, Im Jaebum! Get a hold of yourself! He slapped his cheeks a few times. Maybe that would make the strange feelings go away.

JB looked up again. Nope. I still think she’s hot. The attraction isn’t fading. Something is definitely wrong with me.

He slammed his temple a few times and rolled his eyes inward.

“JB?” Yoonjung came over with a concerned look. She touched his forehead. “You all right-“

JB jerked back at her touch. The way her fingers skimmed over his skin made his heart pump a little too fast. “I-I’m fine.”

“You sure?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Positive. Now go back in and change,” JB commanded. He needed her out of here so that he could gather his emotions.

“O…kay. But should I get these jeans?” Yoonjung questioned.

Yes, because they make you damn attractive, but no because we’re going to have issues if I do this every time you wear them. “Yeah, sure. Get them…” JB nodded.

“Okay.” Yoonjung went back in.

JB sank onto the empty chair and exhaled. He fanned his reddened face and hoped this unnatural feeling would fade eventually.

After she bought her jeans, they headed downstairs using the escalator and came to the male department. “Let’s go get your boots now,” she said. “Okay.” He nodded. He put his hand over his heart to check his pulse and felt relieved that his heartbeat was back to normal. It’s okay. It’s good. That was just an accident.

“You okay?”

“What?”

“You’re zoning off. Getting bored?”

“Slightly.”

“Hey!”

“I’m just kidding.” JB smiled.

“Are you sick?” Yoonjung reached out.

JB caught her wrist.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter