Scandal

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hueiPIMicDs

Krystal: All of a sudden

-----------------------------------------------

The next morning, Yoonjung woke up with a start. She touched her forehead and found it damp with cold sweat.

I had a nightmare. That was all it was. A bad dream. I don’t remember what it was about though. Oh, well. It’s better that way anyways. There’s nothing good that can come out of remembering nightmares.

Yoonjung reached over and grabbed her alarm clock. She saw that it was only six o’clock in the morning, which meant she could sleep for at least one more hour. Yoonjung placed the alarm clock on the nightstand and lay back down. She delved deeper into her blankets and closed her eyes. She made several attempts to fall back asleep, but all she did was grow even more restless.

Finally accepting the fact that sleep had escaped her for the morning, she threw the covers back and went to take a shower hoping that the hot water would relax her a bit.

The shower did help, and she felt more awake now.

She shoved the nightmare into the trash bin in the back of her brain and started dressing in her uniform.

After dressing and tying her hair into a ponytail, she skipped downstairs.

Janggeun jerked his head up from his paws and cocked his head with an inquiring gaze. He seemed to be asking why she was up and ready so early.

“Yeah, well, I couldn’t sleep. It’s better for you. You get to eat earlier, and I’ll even give you a treat.” Yoonjung ruffled his hair and made her way into the kitchen.

Janggeun promptly followed and sat beside her with his tail wagging back and forth. Yoonjung put dog food in his bowl and also refilled his water bowl. Then she began to prepare for breakfast.

Her father came into the kitchen and blinked in surprise. “You’re up early today.”

Yoonjung shrugged casually with a warm smile. “I just thought I would be a good daughter today and make some chocolate chip pancakes.”

“Chocolate in the morning? Won’t that be too sweet? You might get too hyper.” Her father sat at the table.

Yoonjung brought the plate of pancakes and a carton of milk. “Chocolate gives you energy. I need the zeal and energy today.”

“Big day?” Her father guessed.

“Not really,” Yoonjung replied, not really wanting to give him the details of last night’s demise.

When breakfast was over, she caught a ride with JB and his father.

“Good morning, Yoonjung!” His father heartily greeted. Yoonjung flashed a radiant smile. “Good morning!”

“You look really cute today,” he commented.

“Uh, dad, let’s not flirt with my bestie and just drive to school, okay?” JB suggested.

“Party pooper.” His father continued to drive.

Yoonjung giggled and looked out the window. She felt a pair of eyes drilling into her and turned her head. The way JB stared at her made her flustered. “W-What? Do I have something on my face?” She touched her cheeks self-consciously.

“You didn’t sleep well, did you?” He inquired. Yoonjung gasped and stared at him in awe. “H-How did you know that?”

JB shrugged. “I can just tell. My intuition sharpens when it comes to you.”

Wow. He really is my best friend, she thought, stunned.

“So tell me why you couldn’t sleep last night,” he urged.

Yoonjung shook her head. “It’s nothing. I did sleep well, but I just woke up earlier than usual. That’s it. I’ll catch up on sleep tonight.”

“Okay.” JB nodded. The car came to a stop, and they got out from opposite sides.

Yoonjung tripped on her shoelace though and almost landed face first in the snow.

Luckily for her, JB had seen her and caught her arm. “Whoa. You all right?”

“I’m fine,” she replied.

His father glanced back. “Everything all right back there?”

“We’re fine. Later, dad.” JB shut the door. He gave Yoonjung a worried look. “You sure you can make it to class without falling flat on your face again?” She narrowed her eyes. “Are you teasing me, Im Jaebum?”

JB flashed a grin. “Oh, whatever.” Yoonjung twisted away to stomp off, but he caught her elbow and dragged her back.

“Slow down, girl. Hold on. You need to tie your shoes at least, right?” He bent down and tied her laces for her.

Yoonjung watched him and softened. He’s very sweet. I wonder if that’s how he’ll act like with his future girlfriend. Startled by the idea, she straightened up with wide eyes. Girlfriend?! Why did I think of that?! I never thought of JB having a girlfriend before, although it does make sense that he should have one.

JB stood back up again and looked at her. “You ready?” Yoonjung snapped out of her daze and nodded. “Mmhmm.”

They went into the school gates and entered the building. The hallways were buzzing with chatter, and eyes glanced their way as they came in. Something uneasy stirred within Yoonjung, and her eyes darted nervously around the area. Am I being paranoid, or is everyone staring at me?

“Do you think you’ll be capable of going to your locker without tripping on your invisible third foot or a nonexistent crack?” JB joked.

Yoonjung rolled her eyes. “I’ll manage just fine. Thank you very much for your concern.” She turned up her nose and marched towards her locker.

JB chuckled, swung his backpack over his shoulder, and went in the other direction.

Yoonjung went to her locker and opened it. She kept herself busy getting the books she needed, but she couldn’t help and look back as students whispered and stared at her as they passed by. Okay, maybe I’m not being paranoid. What’s going on? Frowning, Yoonjung shut her locker.

“Good morning, Jungie Jungie!” A cheerful voice said from behind. She whirled around to see Bambam and Yugyeom.

Yoonjung smiled weakly and nodded. “Good morning.”

“You look lovely as ever.” Bambam beamed.

Yugyeom gave him a disgusted look. “Are you trying to be JR?”

Bambam made a face. “Hey, I was the one who was born with the cute concept, not him.”

“Whatever. I don’t understand how you can be proud of such a thing.” Yugyeom rolled his eyes.

“And you’re proud of being a stuck-up bag of mystery?” Bambam quipped.

“What?!” Yugyeom hissed.

Bambam ducked behind Yoonjung. “Save me! He’s going to kill me!”

Yoonjung chuckled, but her smile faded when she caught a few girls glancing her way. When she looked at them, they stopped whispering and turned away.

Yoonjung frowned. I swear they were talking about me. What is going on today?

The bell rang and tugged her out of her thoughts. “Come on, Jungie Jungie. We’ll walk you.” Bambam motioned for her to follow. The three of them headed towards her class together. While Bambam told an animated story about what he and Yugyeom ate for dinner last night, her mind went astray and she kept glancing around as if someone was following her. Yugyeom furrowed his eyebrows. “What’s wrong with you?”

“H-Huh?” Yoonjung looked at him. Bambam blinked and stopped telling his story.

“You keep looking around as if people are staring at you,” Yugyeom pointed out.

“Are they looking at me?” Yoonjung inquired.

“Who?” Yugyeom glanced around with paranoid eyes.

“Never mind.” Yoonjung sighed. “I woke up early, so my mind is a little frazzled. We’re at my class now. Thanks for walking me. See you later.” She gave a halfhearted wave and went inside.

Kris glanced up at her as she passed by and pretended he was too preoccupied with his phone to notice her.

Luhan looked up and smiled. “Good morning, Yoonjung.”

Yoonjung looked back and gave a tired smile. “Good morning.”

Luhan tilted his head and wondered why she seemed so down. Before he could inquire, the teacher came in and class began.

By the time break time came, Yoonjung knew the staring was real. She could even hear her name being whispered in the hallways. It was starting to drive her mad. Yoonjung saw her friends outside near the vending machines and went to them.

“Sup, Candy!” Jackson waved both hand while giving her an attractive stare.

Yoonjung waved back and came beside Mark. He took one look at her and knew something was wrong. “Did something happen?”

“Huh?”

“You look as if something is worrying you. What is it?” Mark questioned.

Yoonjung bit the inside of her cheek. “Well, the thing is-“

“YOONJUNG! YOONJUNG!” Youngjae and JR came racing down the hallway. Breathlessly, they halted beside her.

“Missed her that much?” Bambam teased.

Youngjae grabbed her arms and shook her. “WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!”

“Hey, cut it off,” Mark growled and protectively pulled her away. “You’re hurting her.”

“What are you talking about, Youngjae?” Yoonjung asked, baffled why he looked so flustered and frustrated.

“I think you better take a look at this,” JR said gravely and held out his phone. Her eyebrows pinched together in confusion. If JR was serious, then something really bad was happening.

The eight of them leaned forward and watched the video play on the screen. Yoonjung gasped when she realized where the scene was from! It was a video of her and Kris toppling out of the closet at the ski trip! She clamped her hands over to prevent her screams of horror. Who had dared record this?! Maybe this was why everyone was staring at me today. Oh, gosh. Her stomach churned at what the others would think of her.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN THE CLOSET WITH THAT DAMN KRIS?!” Jackson yelped.

Yoonjung had gone pale. “I-I…”

“ANSWER ME!” Jackson demanded, making her flinch at his deafening volume.

JB yanked him away and stood between them with a glower. “Don’t you dare speak that way to her. You can’t demand her to do anything.”

“How can you be so stupid?” Youngjae shook his head.

“Hey, back off,” Mark growled with threatening eyes.

Yoonjung shook her head dismally. “No, he’s right. I was stupid to let this have happened. I knew rumor would go around sooner or later.”

“What exactly happened?” JR asked. Yoonjung told them the short story.

“Oh, so it’s not her fault,” Bambam pointed out with a nervous chuckle, hoping that everyone would back off of her now.

“Why didn’t you tell us this earlier?” JB asked, obviously hurt she hadn’t said anything, most of all to him.

“I just didn’t want you guys to worry.” Yoonjung sighed. “Nothing happened though. Honest. We just sat there and fell asl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter