Chapter 9

Learn to Hate Me

 

A/N: another chapter is updated! please enjoy and don't forget to leave me a comment below~ 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

 

 

Ever since the day of the incident, Nara’s days quickly went by with her realizing that her wedding day was getting closer. In a store, Sohee was helping her pick out different dresses. Nara’s mind was floating about as she wasn’t paying attention to what the worker was suggesting. But when Sohee called her name, her eyes shot up to see her worried face. She said nothing more and handed the three dresses to the worker as they led Nara to the fitting room. After she tried out the second dress, Sohee was hesitating to speak up and Nara knew she had something in mind.

 

“Is there something you want to say?”

 

Sohee looked up to meet Nara’s eyes that reflected off from the mirror. After pulling herself together, she exhaled and opened .

 

“Are you sure you want this?”

 

“What do you mean?” Nara asked.

 

“This man, Jaewoo. You’re really going to marry him?” Sohee asked.

 

Nara turned her body from side to side to check the dress on her, and then she faced her.

 

“I’m going to marry him. There’s nothing wrong with that”

 

“What about Chansung? Have you thought about him?”

 

That instant, Nara couldn’t speak back and brought her eyes away to the floor. Sohee got up from the couch and crossed her arms over her chest.

 

“Let me ask you an honest question here, Nara. Between these two men, Jaewoo and Chansung, who are you going to choose?”

 

“Why do I have to answer that question?” Nara said, facing back to the mirror.

 

“Alright then. You don’t have to answer me, but ask your heart. Which men is the best for you? The one who is like a prince; he’s rich and has everything. He can give you shinning diamonds, a nice car and a fancy house. The other one is like a warrior; he probably can’t do those things for you like that prince, but he’s willing to protect you from danger and keep you safe. Remember that”

 

Nara stood there dumbfounded as Sohee left the place first. The worker came along which disrupted her deep thinking.

 

“Miss, there’s a phone call for you at the desk”

 

“Y-Yes”

 

She head to the desk and answer the call. It was Jaewoo.

 

“You didn’t bring your phone, so I called the store instead. How’s everything going?”

 

“Oh…everything is fine. I’m almost done here” Nara said.

 

He spoke more about the plans for the wedding and then told her sweetly that he’ll see her at home in bit after work. Nara went along with it. After she finished talking, the worker came back.

 

“I’ll take this dress” Nara said.

 

She came out of the store with her shopping bag in hand as she walked down the sidewalk. Out of nowhere, a person ran past her at the same time and snatched her purse out of her grasped.

 

“Stop!” Nara shouted.

 

When she was about to chase after that person, she found him tackled down by a broad figure which stunned her to see it was no one other than Chansung. He was on top of the guy and raised his fist in the air, but stopped when the man begged for forgiveness. Chansung got off and told him to get lost. The man obeyed and ran wildly away as Chansung went to pick up the purse. Nara approached him who dusted the bag and then their eyes meet.

 

“Thank you…”

 

He hand her purse back and she took it. When she faced him again, he turned away and left. Nara was about to speak up, but stopped. She watched his back view that left her there alone as she couldn’t do anything.

 

 

It was noon when she got home and she hung her dress up. She stared at its silky material with the flowers running down on the one side of the . Suddenly, she felt a pair of hands embracing her from behind. She glanced back and smiled when their face met.

 

“It’s beautiful” he said, looking at it.

 

Nara removed his arms off her and she turned around to him. Jaewoo’s hand was wrapped to the back of her waist as he held her close. Just when he was about to capture her lips, Nara slant back as she giggled.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

He just beamed a smile and sneakily gave her a quick peak on the lips, then Jaewoo let go of her and went out of the room. She stood there as the smile on her face slipped away. The tips of her fingers touched her lip and the thought of Chansung appeared which led to when Sohee was talking to her at the store.

 

“Alright then. You don’t have to answer me, but ask your heart. Which men is the best for you? The one who is like a prince; he’s rich and has everything. He can give you shinning diamonds, a nice car and a fancy house. The other one is like a warrior; he probably can’t do those things for you like that prince, but he’s willing to protect you from danger and keep you safe. Remember that”

 

When Jaewoo called for her name, she snapped out and head into the livingroom where he was as he was on the phone.

 

“My parents want us to have dinner together tonight. Is that alright with you?” he asked.

 

“Yes. Sure” Nara replied as she nodded.

 

He went back to talking on the phone with a smile on his face. Nara goes to get ready. As night came, she was in a fancy restaurant along with his parents and him. They were talking happily about the wedding that is going to take place tomorrow. Nara was cutting the steak on her plate just when her phone went off. The table was disrupted as they all looked at her.

 

“Excuse me” Nara said, bowing her head in apologize.

 

She got up and left the table to go to the restroom to answer the phone.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Nara? Where are you?” Sohee asked in a panic.

 

She looked at her phone oddly with Sohee’s unusual phone call and then place the phone against her ear again.

 

“I? I’m having dinner with Jaewoo and his parents…”

 

“Yah, hurry! Come here quickly! Chan-Chansung. He’s-He’s dying!”

 

The words strike Nara hard in the chest as her eyes widen. Back at the table, Jaewoo’s parents began to worry including himself. Nara returned with a serious look on her.

 

“Is something wrong?” he asked her.

 

She looked at him first and then to his parents. Nara bowed to them which left them confused.

 

“I’m sorry, but a friend of mine isn’t feeling well. I’ll like to excuse myself tonight”

 

His parents nodded their head in acknowledge. Jaewoo stood up and took her hand.

 

“I’ll go with you”

 

“No. It’s okay. You stay here with your parents and send them home. I’ll see you back at home after visiting my friend” Nara said.

 

He thought for a while and then nodded in agreement. She apologized again and finally left the place. The moment she stepped outside, she dash off to catch herself a cab. After getting in a vehicle, she gave the driver the hospital name and sat back uneasily. Her hands were fidgeting nonstop.

 

“Yah, hurry! Come here quickly! Chan-Chansung. He’s-He’s dying!”

 

The words strike Nara hard in the chest as her eyes widen.

 

“Wh-What are you talking about? He was fine this afternoon…”

 

Just then, she paused with a shock expression on her face as she recalled the memories.

 

[ “Thank you…”

He hand her purse back and she took it. When she faced him again, he turned away and left.]

 

[“Hwang Chansung!”

As he stepped onto the road, a car was coming right at him and honked.]

 

The cab pulled over at the entrance of the building and paid the driver before getting off. She hurried inside and looked around wildly. Her eyes set upon Sohee who also noticed her.

 

“Nara!”

 

They approached one another as Sohee grabbed Nara’s hand.

 

“Hurry. He’s in the room”

 

Nara couldn’t even ask her a question and was dragged down the hallway. They reached to the door and Sohee stopped to turn to face Nara. Right then, she knew something went wrong. She grabbed the door handle and slides it open as she entered the room. The room was pitch dark, however it was also empty. Before Nara could avert back to Sohee, a pair of unknown hands tugged onto her with a cloth over and nose. She struggled to get loose, but her body began to feel weak and then everything went black.

 

 

It was midnight when she found herself in a familiar room lying on the bed. She sat up and started to feel light headed as she clutched onto the side of her head. And then, it hit her when she suddenly recalled about what happened. However, before she could get off the bed, the door opens and she saw Sohee.

 

‘What is this? Why am I here?” Nara asked.

 

“I’m sorry, Nara. But please just stay here for tonight. Please”

 

Nara was confused and when Sohee turned to leave, she got off the bed and tried to beat the door, however it closed in front of her face. The door was locked as the keys rattled. Nara was pulling on the knob and pounding on the door.

 

“Sohee! Sohee, open me up! Why are you doing this? Open up now!”

 

There was no answer and it went quiet as she stopped. But then, she heard the keys dangled so she moved back as it then opened. Her eyes fixed on a face that startled her.

 

“Chansung?”

 

When he came in, she moved further back into the room as the door shut behind him.

 

“This was your plan, right? Just who are you to do this to me?”

 

He didn’t say a word which made her felt scared. The expression on his face was emotionless and serious. Nara looked around the room and then ran toward the window porch. Her hands touched the lock on the window, but before she got the chance to unlock it she felt a pair of hands roughly grasping her on the arm and then spun her around toward him. His broad arms held her in as she wiggled about to get lose.

 

“Let go of me! Get lost!” Nara yelled as she beats him on the shoulders.

 

His arms locked her like a cage and she wasn’t able to escape from it. Her heavy hits slowly cease and came to a stop. They both stood there listening to the silence. A couple of seconds went by till Chansung drew himself away first. Their foreheads were touching each other as they breathed in one. His hand was brought up to cup her small face with gentleness. Her eyes met his that looked deeply at her. However, he closed his eyes afterwards.

 

“I hate you” he whispered.

 

Nara could feel the pain of his as he spoke those words. Her expression softens and finally turned bitter. His hand dropped down to the side of her neck as he held on.

 

“I hate you. I…I really hate you” he choked his words.

 

Her weak heart was falling apart at the moment. With him repeating the three words, Nara finally realized that she had fell for this man. The man who she told to hate her right from the start; the man named Hwang Chansung has won her love.