Chapter 4

Learn to Hate Me

 

A/N: i'm sorry that i couldn't update chapter 4 last weekend, but here it is! 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

 

 

 

Birds were chirping early that morning and the breeze filled the room. Nara awakens to find herself on the bed. She turned to see Chansung sleeping beside her and she sat up quickly. Her fingers caressed her over her hair as she tried to remember how she fell asleep there. Her eyes narrow to him. The sunlight was shining over his face, making him appeared dazzling. His skin was flawless now that she got a better look at him. Her hand reached toward him, just as her fingertips almost touched his face, she froze. Later, Chansung tossed over to his side and felt the bed empty. He lifted his head up to look around and he finally got out of bed. Chansung came into the living room, but found her nowhere. On the table, he saw the shirt neatly folded sitting there.

 

In the park, Nara came to a stop and took one of her earpiece out. The only thing she heard clearly was her heart beating rapidly as she breathed heavily. She stood there, dozing off with the thought of Chansung. Nara shook her head and continued on. Back the hotel, Chansung was dressed and stepped out of his room. His eyes came upon a figure that stood in front of Nara’s door. Their eyes lock. Down in the lobby, they sat across from each other. Chansung studied him closely. The man, Jaewoo was nicely dressed in a suit with an expensive gold watch on his left wrist.

 

“So you must be Chansung-sshi, right?”

 

He looked up to meet his eyes and he smiled.

 

“Nara mentioned about you yesterday when I was here. And since I haven’t seen her around any other men, besides you who last time punched me, I’m guessing you’re Chansung”

 

“You met with Nara yesterday?”

 

Jaewoo just smiled as he looked down at his cup of coffee, then back at him.

 

“Oh, I came to see her. But she looked like she expecting someone else”

 

A frown came across Chansung’s face as Jaewoo let out a sigh.

 

“Anyway, I came today to make up with Nara. I’m hoping to get back together with her”

 

He became shock at his words.

 

“What are you two doing here?”

 

They both turned to look up to see Nara standing there who stared at them oddly. Jaewoo flashed a smile as he stood up and went over to her. Chansung saw him took her hand, then his eyes averted to Nara.

 

“I was told you were out, so I waited here for you” Jaewoo said.

 

She just forced a smile and nod. Chansung got up and left. Her eyes followed him. Jaewoo looked at her strangely. Later that day, Nara found herself in a fancy restaurant with expensive food sitting out in front of her.

 

“Nara? Are you okay? You haven’t touch anything yet”

 

She snapped back to her senses and looked up to see Jaewoo’s face. He seemed concern as he put his utensil down. He took her hand and held it; a ring was on her fourth finger.

 

“Are you okay? You don’t look so well”

 

Nara took her hand back and he sat there blankly. She bowed her head.

 

“Sorry, but I’ll like to excuse myself today”

 

Jaewoo watched her got up and left the place. Nara stepped outside with her purse over her shoulder as many things were passing through her mind and tears began to block her eyes.

 

 

At the club, Chansung was sitting at the bar with an empty glass in front of him. The place was vacant and quiet, and only soft music was playing.

 

“Oh, Chansung?”

 

He turned to see Sohee coming toward him as she was surprised to see him there. She sat in the stool beside him while he fiddled with the cup. She looked around, then back at him.

 

“Nara’s not here with you?”

 

“Nara?” Chansung said, confused.

 

“Uhm. She said she was coming here. So I was assuming you both came together” Sohee said.

 

He was about to say something, but when footsteps entered the building, they both twirled around to look. Sohee smiled.

 

“Nara, you’re here”

 

She was standing there and Chansung witnessed her pale face. Sohee climbed off the stool and went over to her.

 

“Is your arm okay? Let me see”

 

Sohee took her arm, but Nara slightly pulled away and looked at her.

 

‘Where’s my purse?”

 

“A-Ah. That’s right. Wait here. I’ll go get it for you”

 

She hurried off, leaving only them two alone in the room. Nara let out a long sigh that shook.

 

“Are you okay? You look pale” Chansung asked as he got down from the stool.

 

Nara closed her eyes for a while and when she opened them, she only saw blurring figures. She could hear his voice, but then it echoed away.

 

“Nara! Yoo Nara!”

 

She was in his arms as she looked up to him, confused and dizzy.

 

“Omo? What happened?” Sohee asked, concerning as she returned.

 

He didn’t answer her and lift Nara into his arms, and then scrambled out the door.

 

 

It was noon when Nara woke up and she found herself in her hotel room. She held the side of her head as she sat up, and then looked around. Outside of the room, she heard voices and other things rattling. Nara got out of bed and head toward the door.

 

“Yah, yah. The porridge” Sohee said.

 

Chansung hurried over to the stove and without being caution, he touched the hot lid and flinched back when it burned him. He blew his fingers and then quickly removed the lid. After that, he pinched his earlobe with his fingers.

 

“What are you two doing?”

 

Chansung looked over to see Nara and so did Sohee. Later, they were seated together at the table. Both Sohee and Chansung looked at her intensively. Nara was holding the spoon in her right hand as she stared at the porridge. After a few seconds, she dug a bit onto the spoon and opened as she puts it in.

 

“How is it? Okay?” Sohee asked, curiously.

 

Nara averted her eyes to her after tasting it. She could read her dull eyes and felt disappointed that she slump back into the chair.

 

“It’s bad, right?”

 

“It’s okay. It’s still edible. Thank you”

 

Sohee smiled in relieved and looked over to Chansung who appeared to feel the same way. He watched Nara eat quietly till she finished the bowl.

 

“I’m going. Please keep an eye out for her”

 

“Oh”

 

Sohee left and Chansung locks up the door. He turned around and went to her bedroom. Nara was soundly asleep on the bed, cuddling in a ball. A soft smile creased his lips. He went over and sat on the edge of the bed in front of her. He placed his hand over her forehead. Nara’s eyes widen.

 

“Mian. Did I wake you up?”

 

She shook her head slowly and blinks tiredly. Chansung helped her sat up since she moved the blanket away. He puts the pillow against the board as she lean on it and he sat back down. Nara could read his face. He was waiting for her to say something.

 

“Earlier…what did he say to you?”

 

Chansung looked away as if he didn’t want to say it aloud.

 

“Whatever he said to you, it might be true. I’m…going back to him”

 

His head shoot up to look at her. He couldn’t believe it. Nara held up her hand and the shiny stone beamed at his eyes.

 

“Will this make it believable?”

 

The pain hit him hard in the chest as proof was there. He chuckled as he looked away.

 

“Why suddenly-“

 

“Because I love him”

 

Chansung was puzzled and he turned back to look at her.

 

“I love him” Nara said, looking straight in his eyes.

 

Tears were about to break from him and he stood up as he turned away. Nara watched him. A small laugh escaped from his lips and his mind was blank. However, he turned to face her again.

 

“Why? What’s so good about that person? He left you for 2 years and now that he’s back, you’re going to him? Just like that?”

 

“Chansu-“

 

“No. You’re lying. You’re lying, am I right? You just want me to hate you, right?”

 

Nara closed her eyes for a second and then looked up at him.

 

“This is just one of your lessons, right? Right?”

 

He went toward her and grabbed her shoulders, pulling her at him. Nara didn’t fight back.

 

“Tell me. Tell me! Tell me this is just another one of your games”

 

Chansung broke into tears and dropped his head to hide his face. She could feel him shaking. Nara brought her hands up and over his head as she pulled him for an embrace. Chansung’s face was buried into her chest as he sobbed. Nara released him and brought his face up to look at her. Tears rolled down his cheeks. She leaned toward him and plant a light kiss on the side of his lip. He became stunned as she drew back. Their eyes lock.

 

“Hwang Chansung…Let’s end this here”