Chapter 7

Learn to Hate Me

 

A/N: i personally like this part more than the previous chapters. so i hope you will like it too.  :)

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

 

 

Those past few days quickly went by and Nara was excited as the day came closer. Her plan was going just the way she wanted. Jaewoo, on the hand didn’t even seem to notice a thing at all since Nara has been acting normal around him, like a fool who had no clue he was still cheating on her. Jaewoo was sitting on the couch reading the daily newspaper and Nara went over to him. He turned his head around to her after she embraced him from behind and he smiled.

 

“Are you doing anything today?” Nara asked, curiously.

 

“No. Why?”

 

She pouted and drew back from him. Jaewoo set the newspaper aside and averted his body toward her.

 

“You forgot, didn’t you?” Nara asked him, a bit disappointed.

 

He sat there thinking deeply, and then he smiled as he remembered. She folded her arms across her chest and looked away.

 

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to forget it” Jaewoo said.

 

Nara continued to pretend like she was still mad at him. He reached out to her. She brushed his hand off at first, but he kept trying to grab her hand. When he did, he swung it back and forth, acting like a child who’s begging her to forgive him. Nara slightly smiled and turned to him.

 

“Alright. I’ll let this one slide, but you have to go shopping with me for an outfit. I want to be the most attract one out there tomorrow night” Nara said.

 

“Araso” he replied with a bright smile.

 

In a small café at the mall, Chansung sat at the table near the window by the entrance door. He held the styrofoam cup in his hand as it warmed his palm. The bells giggled when someone entered. His eyes shot up to see Sohee who also saw him. They sat there for the next couple of minutes without talking and just staring about the café. Finally, Sohee gave in and looked at him directly.

 

“Nara is having a party tomorrow night. You wanna join?”

 

“Party?” Chansung said with a brow raise up.

 

Sohee remained silent as she sipped her cup of coffee, and then set it down.

 

“Oh, a pool party but I’m not really sure what it’s for. However, she invited me so I think it’ll be fine if I invite you along too. Besides, you said you haven’t seen Nara since that day after the fight nor did she answer your calls. What? You don’t want to see her?”

 

He didn’t answer a word to her question. Sohee let out a sigh and then it became quiet again. However, just then her eyes caught off guard. Chansung noticed her silence and followed her sight which then lay upon a familiar person.

 

“Let’s go in here” Nara said, pointing to the store as she held Jaewoo’s arm.

 

He smiled and nodded. They both entered the store as Chansung then stood up quickly.

 

“Chansung!” Sohee called after him who ran out of the café.

 

Inside the huge store, Nara looked about with Jaewoo beside her. She dug through the pile of clothes as Jaewoo seemed to help her search too.

 

“What about this one?”

 

At the same time, Chansung stepped into the store and watched them carefully as he pretend to look around. Nara turned to Jaewoo who held a white bikini out which made her laughed shyly. Chansung flinched with anger when he saw that smile.

 

“You want me to wear this?” she asked him, in a giggle.

 

“What? Didn’t you say you wanted to look noticeable? I think this will do”

 

Jaewoo held it out to Nara chest and then nodded his head as if he was satisfied with how it looked.

 

“You’ll look y in this”

 

Nara just laughed bashfully and took it from him. They continued to look some more till Jaewoo’s phone went off before Nara was about to go into the fitting room.

 

“Sorry. You go inside and try them first. I’ll come back” he said.

 

She nodded her head and watched him leave with his phone in his hand. The worker led Nara inside and the curtains shut closed. Nara set her clothes on the counter and began to undress her shirt first. Out of nowhere, the curtains pulled opened and she was alarmed that she quickly covered her bare chest with the sweater and then turned around to see Chansung who came inside with the shade closed behind him.

 

“Chansung? What are you doing here? Get out” Nara said almost in a stuttered.

 

Just then, a voice called from the outside and she became silent. He glanced over his shoulder.

 

“Miss? Miss, is everything okay in there?” the worker asked.

 

They both stared at each other as neither of them spoke. Nara looked over to the where the voice was calling from.

 

“Yes. I’m fine. Thank you”

 

They heard the footsteps retreating and Nara faced him again, still covering herself up.

 

“Get out. If you want to talk, then get out first and let me put on some clothe”

 

Chansung averted his eyes from her face down to her collarbone and then her flat stomach that showed a bit with only her chest hidden behind the sweater she was clinging onto.

 

“Did you not hear me? I said to get out-“

 

Her back was pushed against the cold glass of mirror and she shut . Their eyes fixed on each other. Nara started to feel breathless as she couldn’t manage to let a breath out. His eyes were so piercing that she didn’t dare to look away from it nor blink a moment. His hands were on her hip. It held her gently and when he pulled her closer, her heart began to race and her face redden. Their faces were nearly touching each other. Nara slightly turned her head away.

 

“L-Let go of me. If someone sees us-“

 

When she turned to him again, his lips almost touched hers as she froze. Nara didn’t move and either did he. Instead he drew back and lightly planted a kiss on her forehead. She stood there speechless. Chansung pulled away and stepped back from her. Nara looked at him, but he turned around first and left. The curtains closed before her eyes. After shopping Nara was dropped off at home by Jaewoo and he left for work. She set her bags on the bed and sat down. Her hand was placed over her chest as she could still feel her heart pounding.

 

“What is this?”

 

Her mind wandered back to when she and Chansung were both in the fitting room. The feeling was so intense that even now she could still feel it. At the hotel, Chansung threw his jacket on the bed and lied down with his hand over his closed eyes. He sighed aloud and removed his hand as his eyes opened. He recalled that smile on her face. A smile that he’s never seen before was only shown to that man beside her. Although he felt uncomfortable about it, he wasn’t able to bring his anger upon Nara. That was one reason that made him hate her.

 

 

* * * * * *

 

The next day finally came. Nara was up early and preparing for the party that was going to be held at a fancy hotel, booked by Jaewoo after her cute unpredictable whining made him did it. She arrived at the place around noon and began to set things up with the employees help. The tables were rearranged nicely to leave free space and the small stage was perfectly set with huge speakers on top. Candles were neatly spread apart on each table, shaping it into a heart. Nara looked around and was pleased with how everything appeared to be. She checked the time to see that there was only an hour left before the doors open. So she hurried inside to go change out of her clothe. (this is what she wore)

 

 

The music was blasted on as the guests started to come in and some were already into the song that welcomed them. It wasn’t long till the place was filled up and crowded with different race of people. Food and drinks were serviced. In the herd, Nara was dancing freely with a drink in her hand. Coming into the party, Sohee and Chansung approached the scene. People were cheering loudly and shouting. Chansung saw Nara who was in the center of attention as he witnessed other men touching her bare skin, holding her waist or dancing closely to her. That made him ferocious. But before he could step up, he saw Jaewoo approaching her. Instead of pulling her out, he began to dance with her as the other men backed off. Nara flashed a naughty smile when Jaewoo held her his arms. Sohee could see the angry look on Chansung’s face. After a while, everyone started to play the games that were instructed by Nara.

 

“Okay. Is everyone ready?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“’Kay. Ready. Set. Go!”

 

The whistle blew and the players quickly drunk the large cups of beer. People were cheering and yelling over one another. Chansung watched Nara who was in charge of the game. One of the players gave up and put their face down on the table as another choked from drinking too fast. In the end, only one contestant made it and the whistle blew once again to finish the game. The crowd chattered aloud for the winner. Those who lost had a penalty and that was to throw them into the pool. A few people started to grab the lost players and hurried them over to the pool. In a count of three, they were thrown in and a huge splash caused the water to escape onto surface, wetting those who threw them in. Suddenly, Nara was interrupted when her phone went off. Chansung saw her closely as she stepped out to answer the call.

 

“Yes. Yes, thank you”

 

He approached her as she hung up. Nara spun around and stopped when their eyes met. A frown came across her face, but then it went away as she just smiled in an unfriendly way.

 

“I don’t remember inviting you. Did Sohee bring you here?”

 

“Why? If she did, why do you care?” Chansung replied boldly.

 

Nara kept quiet for a moment and then nodded her head.

 

“That’s right. Why should I care for a stranger like you anyways?”

 

Her smirk made his heart twisted. Nara’s face became cold and she left, however Chansung caught her wrist. She faced him and looked at his hand.

 

“Aren’t you being too rash, Yoo Nara? When you’re with me, you only say things to hurt me. But when you’re with that man, you say things that please him. Just what is that suppose to mean?”

 

She looked at him in the eyes. They were staring at her intensively, waiting for her answer. Nara maintained a solid expression.

 

“You better let go. If Jaewoo sees this, I can’t guarantee that he’ll hit you” Nara said.

 

His eyes darken and right away she knew he was mad. Nara grab his hand and pulled loose as he released her.

 

“Go back. You shouldn’t be here”

 

The pain came across his eyes as Nara left him there. He watched her back turned to him like always and like a coward, he wasn’t able to stop her this time. On her way back, Nara heard the music playing and when she looked around, she noticed that half of the people already left. Jaewoo saw her and went toward her.

 

“Where were you? I was worried” he said as he took her hand.

 

“A phone call came, so I went to answer it. Did everyone left already?” Nara said.

 

He nodded his head and smiled. Chansung returned and saw them. Jaewoo swept her hair behind her ear and gave her a quick peak on the cheek. Nara was surprised as she looked at him. He just beamed a smile. Chansung held in a fist, but eventually loosen it. He twirled around to leave and pass by Sohee who watched him. She looked over to see Nara, and then she hurried after Chansung. At the car, he unlocked it and grabbed the handle.

 

“Wait. Chansung. Wait a second”

 

He hopped inside and was about to shut the door, but Sohee caught it before he could do so. He sat there, staring ahead and he looked lost in reality.

 

“You’re just gonna leave like this? What about Nara? Aren’t you worried about her?” she asked.

 

“Even if I am, what can I do? She doesn’t even want me near her”

 

That silent Sohee for a moment as she saw the stress in him. She took his arm and tried pulling him out.

 

“Come out. Come out and go back inside. You can’t just give up like this!”

 

He froze when those words hit him, recalling when he first confessed to Nara, saying that he wouldn’t give up on her. Sohee stopped pulling him and let go.

 

“Fine. If something happens between Nara and that person tonight, don’t you regret the choice you’re making right now”

 

She stomped off and left Chansung there.

 

“Why? What is it about me that you’re not satisfied with?”

 

Nara averted from his eyes to his hand and lightly brushed it off her elbow as he let go.

 

“Everything about you is perfect, but let me tell you something. I…hate guys who easily say that they like a woman. I find that those who do don’t last long together”

 

A frown came across his face as he can’t comprehend with what she was trying to say.

 

“I’m really thankful that you have those kinds of feelings for me, but I think someone else deserves it better than I do” she said.

 

For the second time, she turned to go, but was stopped when he bravely spoke up.

 

“I’m not giving up on you”

 

Nara turned her eyes toward him who had a serious expression on him. His hands were clenching tight into fists and his eyes were bold.

 

“No matter what you said, I definitely won’t give up. I’m not the kind of man who you can easily compare to with those other man you’ve met before in the past”

 

Reality hit him and he briskly left the car. In the room, Nara walked the drunken Jaewoo toward the bed and carefully put him down. He lay there motionlessly. Footsteps approached behind her.

 

“I’ll let you take care of the rest. I hope you won’t disappoint me” Nara said with an emotionless face.

 

 

The doors slide open and Chansung entered out back into the pool area. The place was quiet and no one was there. He began to panic and just when he turned to go inside, the corner of his eyes caught a figure. Chansung stopped and turned toward the person, only to see it was Nara. She sat on the edge of the pool with her feet in the water.

 

“Yoo Nara!”

 

Her head shot up and she saw him storming toward her. She got up and looked at him confusingly. He took her roughly by the wrist which shocked her. Their eyes locked.

 

“I told you once before, didn’t I? I’m not going to give on you just because you told me to back off. So stop comparing me to those other men already. I’m not them”

 

Nara was baffled that no words came out of . Unexpectedly, she was pulled toward him and his huge arms held her closely against his chest. Nara was lost at the moment, but snapped out and she harshly pushed him off. Chansung lets go and she turned to leave.

 

“Nara”

 

He grabbed her with a pull, and Nara lost her balance as she fell forward into the pool along with Chansung behind her. They were both underwater and apart. Chansung saw her struggling and swan toward her. He took her by the arm first as he pulled them closer with his hands cupping her face. His lips then sealed hers. Nara was aware of this and hit him, but it was weak. The seal broke and Nara swan up first as Chansung followed afterwards. She wiped her face and coughed as she floated in spot. He came up and swept his wet hair back, then his face. Nara was holding onto the edge of the surface as she was still coughing. He paddled toward her and held her facing him.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

She stopped coughing and looked up at him. The worried look in his eyes made her felt weak, but she didn’t want to show it. Nara pushed him away and was about to climb back up, but he caught her again. He pulled her into his embrace, his hand held her by the neck as their lips locked again. Nara was shocked instantly and began to beat his chest. But it wasn’t affecting him one bit. He kissed her softly, switching from side to side as their nose would brushed pass each other. Nara forcedly bit his lip and he released her to cover his mouth. She hurried out and ran off as Chansung uncovered his mouth. On the bottom of his lip, there was a small injury and he wiped the blood off. Nara got in a room with the door shut behind her. She leaned against it as she hugged herself. She touched her lip and could taste his blood in . Her eyes went over toward the window. She came upon the huge window that viewed the pool. Down there, she saw Chansung lying on the ground completely drenched. When he moved, she swiftly back away from being seen and stayed there. After a while, she peeked again, but this time he was nowhere in sight. Nara’s eyes darted around, but no luck in finding him as if he just disappeared into thin air.