Chapter 3

Learn to Hate Me

 

A/N: sorry for the long wait. i had to change things up and re-edited my chapters. but here is chapter 3!

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

 

* * * * * * *

 

“Let go. What are you doing to me? Are you out of your mind?!”

 

“Yes! I’m out of my mind!”

 

Nara shut immediately after he replied so quickly. A frown came across her face as she looked at him who hadn’t done anything yet to her. The seriousness on him slowly ceased into a desperate look filled with sadness in his eyes that spoke to her. Nara’s expression softens as she saw that look in his eyes.

 

“I’m out of my mind because of you. If you had only turned away from him, held your tears back, then!...”

 

He stopped at the sentence. Nara watched him and when she saw the tears in his eyes, she became astonished.

 

“...then, I wouldn’t have to feel this pain” he said in a soft voice.

 

Her body jerked and she sat up from the couch. She realized it was morning and let out a sigh. She buried her face into her palms and then she suddenly remembered about him. Nara stood up and head toward the bedroom to find the door open. She hurried in to see the bed empty and it was neatly fixed. A knock came from the door, making her turn around and thinking it was Chansung she dashed over to open the door.

 

“Chan-“

 

Her eyes lay upon a face that made her heart skipped a beat.

 

“Jaewoo”

 

In a while, she found herself in the room alone with her first love that had broken up with her 2 years ago, and now he was in front of her. Nara fiddled with her mug in her hands that sat on the surface of the table.

 

“Nara”

 

Her eyes moved up from his hands to his face. For some odd reason, her heart fluttered as he called her name.

 

“Can we…can we start over?”

 

That moment, confusion hit her as she raised a brow at his question. The room once again came into silence. Later, Nara was the only one left sitting at the table, staring at her empty cup of coffee. His words echoed through her ears as she can still hear it clearly. Outside of her room, she found herself standing in the hall in front of Chansung’s door. She stared at the door, not sure whether to knock or not. Her phone suddenly went off.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Nara! Where are you? You should come over and hangout. Tonight’s lady’s night!”

 

“O-Oh. I’ll come” she replied.

 

She hung up and took a last look at the lonely door, then turned away from it as she walked down the long path.

 

*this is what she wored*

 

 

 

 

Inside the dark building, lights were set to be dim with colored lights flashing around. The music was turned up loud, blasting the place with wildness. The moment Nara stepped in; right away she knew it was going be a crazy night.

 

“Nara, over here!” Sohee called aloud for her.

 

She saw a hand gesturing in the air and she went over to their table.

 

“You came fast?”

 

Nara sat down without saying a word and set her purse aside. Soon the area was filled up and there was barely any space left to move in. The atmosphere began to feel hot as drinks were being passed around. At the gathered table, they played kai bai bo and when Nara lost she sat back against the seat.

 

“Okay, Nara-sshi. So truth or dare?” Sohee said in a teasing way.

 

Nara just remained silent with her arms folded in front of her chest. Everyone was watching her as they waited. Finally, she opened to say, “Truth.”

 

The group hovered secretly together as they whispered something to each other. When they came into an agreement, Sohee turned back to Nara with being cleared out before she spoke.

 

Who was the last person that kissed you?”

 

Nara went blank and unknowingly, the thought of Chansung came across her mind.

 

“Don’t cry. Don’t cry!” Chansung said.

 

She couldn’t control herself and burst into tears. His face soured immediately as she dropped her head to hide her shame. Her shoulders were shaking as he felt the tension roaming through his hands. His grip began to loosen, then abruptly his big hands cupped her cheeks and he brought her face up to his as he dove for a kiss. Their lips sealed and her eyes widen as the tears hung back.

 

“So what is it going to be? Are you going to answer or take the drink?”

 

In a distance, her eyes spot a familiar figure and a baffled look was written over her face. Sohee was calling her name, but she didn’t pay attention. Her eyes were focused on the man who was at her hotel room just last night drunk and now was here surrounded by some ty women.

 

“Yah, are you still playing or not?”

 

Nara grabbed the glass of beer and took a shot. Everyone watched her oddly as she set the cup down. Then, she got up from her seat. In the women’s bathroom, Nara slashed water at her face and turned the running water off. She looked at herself in the mirror and felt uncomfortable at her chest. Nara came out of the bathroom and a drunk couple that came from the opposite direction bumped into her.

 

“Are you blind? Can’t you see us coming?” the man said, as if he’s still aware.

 

“Blind? I think the ones blind are you two, not me” Nara snapped back.

 

Her shoulder bumped his woman as she left and that flicked the man off. On the dance floor, the people dance hard and wild along with the music. Just when Nara was going back to her table, she felt a hand violently pull her around and out of nowhere; the other hand slapped her hard across the face. Nara ran into a close table and knocked the glass bottles down as the people stood up in gasped. The whole party turned their attention to them.

 

“Ah…”

 

Nara lifted her arm up from the sharp objects that she landed on top of and sat up holding her elbow. The man went toward her and harshly pulled her up by her wounded arm as she winced in pain. Just as she got up, she found herself hit once more and fell right on the dance floor. Everyone moved back from the scene. Nara wiped and blood smeared on her hand. The women yelped when Nara was suddenly yanked by the hair. Her head dipped back as she grabbed his hand. She stood up as he continued to hold her roughly.

 

“Blind? Blind, right?” he said, mockingly.

 

He her toward the crowd, and surprising the herd, a pair of hands caught her before her knees touched the floor. The man raised a brow. Nara looked up to see Chansung. He held her up as she stood on her feet properly.

 

“Get lost. That woman needs a beating” the man said, angrily.

 

Chansung let go of Nara and stepped forward.

 

“You’re right. This woman does need a beating, but not from a man like you”

 

Nara looked at him confused. The man charged at Chansung, but he dodged the first hit and end up giving the man a spin kick in the face which knocked him out coldly on the floor. The people stepped further back as the man lay there unconscious. Nara saw the man motionless and then she felt her hand took off as she followed Chansung out of the place. In the car, neither of them spoke. It was quiet. Chansung had his eyes on the road the whole time and he never cared to glance over at her to see if she was alright. Nara sat there, holding her elbow with a mixture feeling of pain, anger and confusion at the same time.

 

“Stop the car”

 

He continued to drive without saying a word. Nara turned to look at him.

 

“I said “Stop the car!”

 

Chansung hit the brakes and she nearly jumped out of her seat as the car pulled over. She unbelted herself and opened the door as she stepped out. Chansung too unbelted himself and followed her. Nara brushed the edge of her lip as she set foot on the sidewalk, but she was then tugged around.

 

“Where are you going?” he asked.

 

“Where I go shouldn’t matter to you”

 

Nara took his hand off her and she turned to leave.

 

“You’re going to him (Jaewoo), aren’t you?” Chansung asked.

 

She came to a stop and stared about the dark night. He went up to her and took her arm.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

He bend his knees as he pulled her arm over his head and his arm wrapped her waist, just then he lifted her on his arms. Nara was dumbfounded by his action. Their faces were so close that they almost touched each other and they both could feel their breaths against one another. Chansung turned around and head back to the car as Nara snapped out and tried to get him to put her down.

 

 

At the hotel, Nara was set hard on the couch that she flinched when her open wound scraped the material. She heard Chansung shuffled through the cabinets and then he came back. He sat next to her and opened the box on the table.

 

“I’m okay. I can do this back at my room” Nara said, as she was about to stand up.

 

However, Chansung grabbed her injured arm and drew her back down, then place the wet cotton ball of rubbing alcohol against her flesh.

 

“Ah, that hurts” she shrieked.

 

He held back and glimpsed at her. She looked at him and then settled back into the couch as she was defeated. Chansung took her arm for a closer look and cleaned the cuts with the alcohol. Nara watched him and suddenly forgot about the pain. After he was done, he pasted a large bandage over her arm and began packing up. Nara held onto her arm. Chansung picked the box up and stopped before turning away.

 

“Stay here”

 

She looked up to him and he faced her.

 

“You can go back to your room tomorrow morning. But for tonight, you must stay here”

 

“Why must I listen to you-“

 

“Because I hate it. I don’t like that man, or anyone else coming near you” Chansung said.

 

She sat there speechless and frozen then she looked away. Subsequently, he returned back from the bedroom and held a pair of clothes out to her. Nara took it without trying to argue back.

 

“The bathroom is over there” he said, pointing toward the direction.

 

Nara averted her eyes over and he left the room. After she was done changing, she stared at herself in the mirror. She was surprised that his shirt fit her perfectly and it smelt like him. The door opened and her head pop out. He was nowhere in sight. Nara came out carefully with light footsteps into the living room, but saw the place empty.

 

“Did he go to sleep?”

 

Nara cautiously walked to the bedroom door and peeked inside. Chansung was on the phone with someone and he appeared stress.

 

“No. I’m not going”

 

He hung up afterwards and sat down on the bed with his face buried in his hands. He let out a long sigh. His phone went off and he looked over to it. Chansung grabbed the phone and saw the name on the screen, and then he tossed it aside on the bed. Nara listened to it rang non-stop and found it annoying, yet he didn’t. She went in and took the phone. Chansung turned his head around to see her pick up the call.

 

“Hello? Oppa? Oppa, can’t you come? Please. Please just this once”

 

“Sorry. But he already said he’s not going” Nara said.

 

Chansung watched her end the call and their eyes met. She hand him back his phone and he took it.

 

“It’s that same girl, right? The one who I saw with you that day at the mall?”

 

He remained silent as he sat there.

 

“I thought you said she was your girlfriend. Did you two get in a fight?”

 

Again, he didn’t say anything. Nara stared at him for a long time, and finally turned away. However, she then felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist from the back to her front. Nara became stunned. His strong arms held her closer and she could feel his cheek against her side. She tried wiggling loose, but his embrace was like glued to her.

 

“Chansung, let go-“

 

When she turned her eyes back to him, she saw a tear fell from his face and she paused. He closed his eyes and listened to the silence. Nara didn’t know what to do and stood there, letting him get his comfort from whatever that bothered him. However, at the same time she wanted to hold him. Her hands were itching to touch him, but she couldn’t do it. She couldn’t touch this person beside her even if she wanted to. She was afraid he’ll break if she did.