Chapter 5

Learn to Hate Me

 

A/N: i felt like i ruined this story, however i'll still continue to finish it. so here's chapter 5, enjoy!

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

 

(a month later…)

 

The news was on while Nara sat there in the couch. She stared blankly at the screen as she wasn’t listening to what the news reporter was saying. The door opened and footsteps came in. Nara turned around. Jaewoo met her eyes and flashed a smile.

 

“Let’s go”

 

At the club, the place was stirring up again like always. Alone by himself at the bar, Chansung sat in the loud room filled with hardcore music. He stared at the empty glass cup in his hand.

 

“Tell me. Tell me! Tell me this is just another one of your games”

 

Chansung broke into tears and dropped his head to hide his face. She could feel him shaking. Nara brought her hands up and over his head as she pulled him for an embrace. Chansung’s face was buried into her chest as he sobbed. Nara released him and brought his face up to look at her. Tears rolled down his cheeks. She leaned toward him and plant a light kiss on the side of his lip. He became stunned as she drew back. Their eyes lock.

 

“Hwang Chansung…Let’s end this here”

 

The anger hit him and the glass in his hand broke after it shattered in his strong grip. Blood dripped down the sharp edges of the glass and he let go of it. His hand hung as the red fluid streamed to his fingertips. Jaewoo and Nara came in afterwards. He scanned around the room for his friends and when he spotted them, he turned to her and took her hand. Nara followed him through the huge crowd. Jaewoo let Nara took the first seat and then he sat beside her. Nara placed her purse aside. His friends were checking her out.

 

“Yah, a new girl?” one of them asked.

 

Nara’s head shot up to look at them and then to Jaewoo. He looked at her, but didn’t say anything. Jaewoo averted his eyes back to his friends. They giggled secretly as Nara wander around the place like she didn't hear them. People were dancing and her eyes came upon a couple. The woman yanked the man off the other woman and they met eyes. The man appeared shock when he saw her. Nara watched the woman dragged the man off.

 

The music grew louder and heat started to raise. She reached the woman and began to dance along with her till she took notice. When she did, Nara began to wrap her arms around her neck to bring them closer and their lips lock. The woman appeared to be surprise, but she didn’t push back. Nara kissed her passionately and softly on the lips till she respond in return. Someone grabbed Nara violently on the arm yanking her apart from the woman.

 

“Chansung?” she said, with a frown.

 

Without a word, his action by dragging her out already shows that he was mad.

 

“Nara? Nara”

 

She came back to reality and faced Jaewoo who called her name. The look in his eyes appeared concern. Before he could say more, a loud noise came from the crowd. Nara spun around to see a woman on the floor, and then her eyes came upon a familiar face. A herd of men dressed in black suit approached them.

 

“Oppa” the woman pretend to cry.

 

The middle-age man helped her got up and she dusted herself, hugging herself as she faked being in pain.

 

“Oppa, that person pushed me. I didn’t even do anything to him” she said in a baby voice.

 

The man turned toward Chansung and went up to him. He grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. But before the man got to say anything, Chansung shoved him away and sent a fist at him. The man tumbled back as he covered his mouth. Nara was shock. All at once, his men attacked. The place became chaos with people trying to run away from the fight that took over the dance floor.

 

“Let’s go” Jaewoo said, and took Nara’s hand.

 

She grabbed her purse and got up from the seat. Chansung fell hard to the ground after receiving a heavy punch at his face, almost knocking him out cold. He rolled onto his side and spit the blood out, and then wiped his mouth. Nara looked back and her eyes widen when she saw a man with a glass bottle in his hand. Her eyes averted to Chansung who was getting up from the ground. She pulled from Jaewoo’s grip and he got pushed away with the crowd.

 

“Chansung!”

 

He turned around and that moment, the bottle swung at him but she ran to him, turning him away. Yet, his eyes came to the man to see the bottle brought down. He held his arm out as he pulled Nara aside. The bottle hit his arm and the glass broke to pieces. Chansung then lightly nudge her away and spun a kick at the man. It sent him to the floor. He took her hand and they ran off.

 

 

Running down a few blocks, they stumbled into a dark alley that had dimmed lights. Chansung sat against the huge trash can as Nara squatted beside him. Their hearts were pounding crazily as they tried to catch their breaths. Voices came by as they didn’t dare to move or make a sound. He held her hand tightly. As they continued to listen, the people soon ran off. It became really quiet. Nara lets out a long sigh, and then turned to him, but felt something wet against her hand. She looked down and blood covered her hands. Before she could speak up, she also saw caught a glance at his sleeve torn with blood soaked through.

 

“Are you okay? You’re hurt”

 

Her fingertips nearly touched his wounded arm, but he suddenly grabbed it which startled her. He gave her a displeased look. Her hand was thrown back and he got up. Nara stood afterwards as he turned away, but she caught a hold of his wrist.

 

“Where are you going? I’ll take you there”

 

Unexpectedly, she was pushed against the cold wall that crawled down her spine as they came in contact. She looked at him with a stunned expression.

 

“You really want to go there?”

 

Nara studied his eyes, but couldn’t get a meaning of what he meant by that. The look in his eyes made her felt insecure. The hotel door flung open and Nara was pushed in violently. She landed hard on the bed as the door slammed close.

 

“What are you doing?” Nara asked, as she sat up to face him.

 

Chansung began to his shirt as he came toward her. Nara backed away on the bed till her back hit the board. That moment he grabbed her wrist and she winced in pain. She felt herself pinned onto the bed with him top of her.

 

“Let go. Let go of me. Just what are you doing?” Nara said in a panic.

 

Without saying a word, Chansung took off his belt and then brought both of her hands above her head as the leather strapped her wrists together. Tears began to block her sight as she watched him. After tightening the belt, he looked down at her and grabbed her by the chin to bring her eyes up at his.

 

“You wanted this. I’ll show you what I’ve learned from hating you”

 

Her body suddenly jerked back when he dove for her neck. She felt his lips smudge over her neck from left to right as she turned to head away.

 

“Let go. Let go of me!”

 

His body unknowingly stopped and she took the chance to shove him aside. Nara sat up and climbed off the bed to get on her feet. However, she saw Chansung lying there in pain. Her hands fiddled quickly to loosen the strap and when it came off, she threw the belt away as she then ran for the door. Her hand got a hold of the knob, but she stopped. Nara turned her head back to Chansung who just laid there motionless. She swallowed hard and let go of the handle as she averted her body toward him.

 

“Cha…Chansung?”

 

In slow uneasy steps, she cautiously approached him. As she got closer, she stopped and peer over his face. His face was pale and drenched with heavy sweats. Nara reached her hand out to him, yet hesitated at the same time. She poked him lightly, but he didn’t move. She did it again, but much harder than before. Yet, he just remained unresponsive.

 

“Chansung? Hwang Chansung, are you okay?”

 

Nara shook his arm and saw no change in him. Her heart began to race rapidly. She shook him again.

 

“Hwang Chansung? Do you hear me?” Nara asked.

 

She felt his forehead along down to his cheek and then his neck. Her hand drew back as she looked at him.

 

“You’re burning”

 

Her eyes darted around the room and then she quickly head toward the bathroom. The lights flicked on and then she opened the cabinets in need for a towel. When she found one, she let the cold water ran as she soaked the towel thoroughly. She stepped back out to the room and went over to him. Nara sat beside him as she folded the towel and then carefully wiped down his face. She repeated the process over and over till his body began to cool down itself. After that, Nara adjusted him on the bed in the proper way and pulled the blankets over him. She felt his forehead again and compared it with hers.

 

“You’re cooling down a bit”

 

As she took her hand off him, his hand abruptly grabbed her. Nara became startled as she looked at him. His eyes were opened and he seemed to saw her. She couldn’t move a muscle. She saw his mouth open and they moved, but it was unclear at first what he was saying. She tried reading his lips.

 

“I…I ha-hate you”

 

Her expression was bemused with his words that spoke aloud. Tears were in his eyes as she saw the hurt look in them.

 

“I hate you. I hate you, Yoo Nara”

 

His tears streamed down his eyes and Nara’s mind went blank. She took her hand away and got up. However, she felt herself pulled back down and a pair of huge arms wrapped around her to the front of her chest. Nara froze in place. She could feel him breathing against her neck and the heat of his body coming in contact with her.

 

“Chan-Chansung?”

 

The room was quiet. She lightly touched his wrist and then turned her head a bit to see his face. He fell asleep; his face was nearly buried into her nape. Nara placed her other hand on his forearm and clutched onto his sleeve tightly as she closed her eyes, letting her mind come to a rest at the moment and at this time.