Chapter 6

Learn to Hate Me

 

A/N: i've been feeling really lazy this week and just randomly came up with this crappy chapter. just a heads up, i'll probably update 3 or 4 more chapters before i end this story. and again, i'm sorry if this has become boring.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

 

 

 

 

The sun was rising that next morning. It lit the room into brightness. Chansung slightly flinched in his sleep and woke up. His eyes were blind by the light that beamed at his face. He rubbed his eyes and came to notice a body lying beside him. Chansung lift his head up and his sight lay upon Nara. She was soundly asleep on her side with her hands held close to her chest. Chansung pushed himself up and grunt when he accidentally scraped the wound on his forearm. Nara was alert by the sound and sat up quickly.

 

"Does it hurt?"

 

He looked at her who took his arm carefully as she examined his wound closely. She averted her eyes to him afterwards. Chansung gave her a cold glare and then brushed her off. She let go as he climbed off the bed. Just when she was about to follow him, her phone went off and Chansung came to a stop.

 

"Oh, Jaewoo"

 

He ignored headed toward the door and stepped out. Nara watched him went. He got out to the hallway and stood at the elevator. The doors slide apart and he walked in.

 

"Chansung!"

 

He looked up after pressing the button. The doors start to close and he saw her face as she approached. The doors sealed. Nara looked around and ran to the exit door which led to the staircase. Chansung leaned against the wall as he let out a sigh and closed his eyes. The machine came to a stop and the doors open. He walked out and just then he felt a hand grabbed him. He was turned around and stunned to see no other than Nara. In a while, he was back in the room and seated at the couch. Nara settled beside him and opened the kit.

 

"Take off your shirt" she demanded.

 

While he did that, Nara took a cotton ball and damped it with rubbing alcohol. He wore his shirt with one sleeve on and the other side was down, revealing his nice bicep. Nara turned toward him and gently cleaned around the wound and then applied ointment on.

 

"Give me your hand" Nara said, after she sealed a bandage over his forearm.

 

He held his hand out obediently without a word. She dug into the kit and then took his hand as she began to treat the wound thoroughly.

 

"Waeyo?"

 

Nara stopped before she wrapped his hand and locked eyes with him.

 

"Why are you still here?" Chansung asked.

 

She sat there in silence, however continued her work.

 

"Remember when I was hurt? I'm returning the favor now"

 

The look on him didn't seem happy when she answered his question. Nara torn a piece of tape and stuck it onto the end of the roll.

 

"There. If you want to leave, you can now. I won't stop you"

 

Chansung just sat there blankly as she puts everything away and stood up. She felt her elbow cling by his hand.

 

"That's it? That's all you have to say after a month of us being apart?"

 

"I have nothing to say to you. Don't forget, you and I are now just strangers to each other"

 

His heart sunk as she could see the expression on his face when he let her go. Nara averted away and left the room. Chansung listened to the door shut and it went quiet. As Nara got in the elevator, she caressed her bangs back and sighed remorsefully with her eyes closed. Suddenly, her phone went off and she dug in her bag.

 

"Let's meet. I want to ask you something. It's important"

 

 

That noon, Nara and Jaewoo had lunch together at a restaurant. Soft music was playing in the background. Jaewoo drank his water and then he set the cup aside.

 

"Didn't you say you had something to ask me? What is it?"

 

Nara stopped cutting the meat on her plate and shot her head up at him. He sat there with curiosity. She set her utensil down and wiped with the napkin.

 

"What is it?" he asked again.

 

"When are you going to propose to me?"

 

Jaewoo froze and it became quiet between the two. She studied him closely. He laughed softly, yet she knew he was nervous.

 

"Why are you asking that all of a sudden?" Jaewoo said, oddly as he rubbed his neck.

 

Nara opened , but his phone interrupted their conversation. She glanced over to his phone that was on the table. He too did the same.

 

"Sorry. Excuse me"

 

He answered the call and got up to leave. Nara scoffed annoyingly, and then her eyes followed him.

 

"I told you not to call me anymore. We're already over"

 

Nara slowly approached behind the corner and overheard him.

 

"Don't you dare call again. If you do, don't say I didn't warn you, araso?!"

 

Jaewoo hung up and puffed angrily. A sly smile smeared across her lips. Nara was sitting back at the table, eating as she waited. He came back and flashed a smile.

 

"You talked pretty long? Who was it?" Nara asked after he sat down.

 

"Ah? It’s from work. A customer seemed unpleased with the service there and wants to meet me"

 

"Really? Shouldn't you go then?" Nara said naturally.

 

"Should I?" Jaewoo said, uneasily.

 

She puts the meat in and chewed as she nodded at him.

 

"Of course, you should. You’re the boss there, aren't you? Shouldn't you deal with the customer instead?"

 

He just smiled in relief, yet he didn’t appear to believe it at the same time.

 

"All right. Then, I'll get going now. You go home safely"

 

Nara faked a smile. He got up and left. She watched him stepped out of the place and disappeared down the street. Her face darkens after he vanished. She took out her phone and dialed a number as she got up from the chair.

 

“Sohee, it’s me. Nara”

 

 

A knock came from the door, and Chansung sat up from the couch. He stared at the door and a knock came again. He climbed off and head toward it. After unlocking, the door crack freely and Sohee stood there with bright smile on her face.

 

“You?”

 

Before he could ask more, she just walked in as he moved aside. Sohee went over to the curtains and pulled them apart to let the light in. Chansung squinted when his eyes came in contact with it.

 

“How can you dislike the sunlight? It’s so warm” Sohee said, as she turned to him.

 

“What are you doing here? No. How did you get here?” Chansung asked.

 

She looked around first and then back at him with her hands in her back pocket. He stared for a long time.

 

“What? You really want to know?” she laughed, trying to .

 

“Yah, Jung Sohee”

 

“Okay. Okay. Fine. It’s Nara. She told me to come here. Happy now?”

 

Chansung stood there dumbfounded. Sohee went toward the kitchen and opened the refrigerator as she poked her head inside.

 

“Have you eaten yet? If not, I can cook you something”

 

She looked back at him and the expression on him still seemed unbelievable. She shut the door and crossed her arms over her chest as she averted her body to him.

 

“I’m serious. If you don’t believe me, I can call her”

 

Chansung’s face hardens and he turned away as he went to sit down on the couch. He puts on the television and flipped through the channel as he heard Sohee shuffled in the kitchen. She set out the cutting board and washed her hands.

 

“But…just what exactly happened between the two of you?”

 

He stopped and put the remote down as he faced her. She wiped her hands with a clean towel and looked up at him. He avoided her eyes. Sohee set the towel aside on the counter and leaned her palms on the surface.

 

“You won’t answer like this means it must have been something really serious, right?”

 

Chansung stayed quiet as he looked down at his hands. Sohee sighed and went back to work.

 

“You and Nara are so alike. Neither of you are telling me anything when I asked this question, but..”

 

She paused for a moment which made Chansung curious as he was listening to her. Sohee pulled out a cooking pan from the cabinet after she found it.

 

“All I know is that Nara sound worried when she called and asked me to come watch you"

 

His head shot up and he faced toward Sohee whose back was turned to him.

 

 

The car parked in the lot and Nara pulled over in a distance. She watched Jaewoo stepped out and went inside the building. In the fancy hotel, Nara made her way in and carefully followed him. He entered the elevator and she hid behind the wall as he turned around. The doors shut and she hurried over. She glanced up to see the numbers increasing and then ran to the staircase. The elevator came to a stop on the 10th floor and Jaewoo stepped out. Nara finally made it to the floor and stopped to catch her breath.

 

“Aish…that jerk”

 

She peeked out and saw him walking down the hall. At the door, Jaewoo knocked and waited. Nara came along and watched cautiously at him and around in case anyone saw her. The door opened and a tall woman came out to greet him with a peck on his lips, then they both went in. At the same time, a house service stepped out of another room and Nara thought of an idea.

 

“I thought you weren’t coming?” the woman said, as she poured a cup of wine.

 

“I wasn’t, but that woman made me change my mind” Jaewoo said, after he sat down.

 

“You’re referring “that woman” to your first love, right?” she smiled.

 

He got up and head toward her. His arms wrapped around her from behind and she giggled softly as his kisses tickled her neck. Abruptly, there was a knock at the door and they both became quiet.

 

“Did you invite someone else?” Jaewoo asked her.

 

“No, I didn’t”

 

He let her go and went toward the door to open it. A man in a black suit was standing there and bowed when he saw Jaewoo.

 

“Sorry to interrupt you, sir. But perhaps do you own a black Hyundai with a plate number of 2-907?”

 

“Yes. Is there something wrong?” Jaewoo said.

 

“Well, someone saw that your tires were flat and came to tell us at the counter just a while ago”

 

He didn’t seem happy to hear this news. While Jaewoo went down to check on his car, the woman made herself coffee. A knock came from the door and she got up quickly to answer it.

 

“You came back fast…”

 

Her face became puzzled as she saw Nara standing there with dark face and then an unfriendly smile appeared on her lips.

 

“Mind if I have five minutes with you” Nara asked.

 

After Jaewoo had confirmed his car was fine, he went back up to the room. But this time the woman didn’t open the door. He knocked a few times and called her, but there was no response. Out in the parking lot, Nara was seated in her car and skimming through her contact on her phone. There was a long list of names and it seemed pleasing to her. She tagged all the people and sends a message, giving them the place and time. After she sent it, she looked up and smirked devilishly.

 

“Noh Jaewoo, you think you can fool me the second time, right? Well, you’ve messed with the wrong person this time around”

 

That night, after a long day at Chansung’s place, Sohee left and was called to meet up with Nara at her house. They both were sitting at the couch, their eyes fixed on each other.

 

“What are you up to this time?” Sohee asked as she noticed Nara seemed brighter than usual.

 

“I? I’m playing a game right now and I think I got a hold of a card that can easily end this in one play”

 

Sohee was confused at her words. Nara stood up and went into the kitchen to pour herself a cup of red wine.

 

“What do you mean?” her fellow friend asked.

 

Nara set the glass down after a sip and met eyes with her. A sly smile formed Nara’s pinkish lips and her eyes were blazing with evilness.