Chapter 2

Learn to Hate Me

 

A/N: chapter 2 is now updated! hope you enjoy this part and leave me feedbacks. chapter 3 will be in progress soon~~

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

 

 

(A week later…)

 

Nara was out shopping with some girls who she knew and everything was going well just when her eyes caught off guard. They land upon a familiar tall figure in a distance.

 

“Nara, what are you doing? We’re going”

 

A woman came up to her and then she followed Nara’s eyes.

 

“Omo? Isn’t that Chansung? But…who’s that girl?”

 

When he patted the girl’s head with a smile on his face, Nara unknowingly felt different.

 

“Let’s go say “hi” to them. I haven’t seen him in a while”

 

Before Nara could make a move, the woman dragged her right toward them as she shouted out Chansung’s name. With them interrupting, he turned around to see them and his smile faded. They came to a stop in front of them.

 

“Have you been busy lately? I haven’t seen you in a while”

 

He replied to her with a smile, like he’d always do when they start a conversation.

 

“Who is this? Your girlfriend?”

 

Nara couldn’t believe she had the courage to just asked him that question. Chansung and Nara happen to exchanged look that second.

 

“Yes, she’s my girlfriend”

 

The girl who he was with seemed pleased with his answer. His eyes averted back to the woman who was with Nara. The woman glanced over to where Nara stood, but found it empty. She turned around and saw her leaving.

 

“Yah, wait for me”

 

She bow to Chansung and hurried after her. He watched them disappear from his sight.

 

“Who was that?” the girl asked him.

 

“That woman?”

 

The girl studied his expressionless face that was still looking into the distance.

 

“Someone who I need to learn how to hate” he answered.

 

 

Later that day, Nara got back at her hotel after spending the entire morning with the girls. As she got to the elevator doors, she reached over to push the button and waited. In a few second, the doors slide away from each other and she stepped inside. She pressed the number 6 as the button glowed. While her eyes turned away from it, they came upon someone she didn’t expect to see. He stopped right in between the elevator doors just as he also noticed her. Nara moved aside to let him in and the doors sealed. Inside the small space, neither of them talked. Finally, the doors moved apart on the 6th floor and she stepped out.

 

“Wait”

 

Nara came to a halt, but didn’t turn around. His footsteps approached from behind her.

 

“Since when did Sohee and you became so close to each other?”

 

She exhaled and then spun to face him. He straighten himself up.

 

“Why do you want to know? My business has nothing to do with you. Just like yours isn’t mine either”

 

“What? Now, you want to talk about that girl who I was with earlier?” he said.

 

Nara scoffed at him, almost in a laugh.

 

“Sorry. But whoever you’re with, I’m not interested in knowing”

 

Before he could say more, she walked away which cut him off. He watched her went down the hall and vanished into the corner.

 

 

* * * * * * *

 

The next day, Nara got up and head out the door. At the same time, on the opposite side, Chansung too came out. They both stopped to see each other. Nara couldn’t believe her eyes as she then smirked away unpleasantly. Since when did he started living right across from her? She closed the door and went first, then he followed. The elevator doors open and before she could move forward by herself, she felt a hand pulled her in.

 

“What are you doing?” Nara asked, as she yanked away.

 

The doors closed to leave them both alone. Chansung pressed the button for the top floor and then turned to her.

 

“I’m asking you…”

 

He pushed her against the wall and startled Nara as her heart skipped a beat. Their eyes were locked on to each other. She saw the serious look in his brown eyes that stared back at hers.

 

“Tell me”

 

She blinked at him in confusion.

 

“Tell me, Yoo Nara. What do I have to do to make you accept me? Huh?!”

 

 

She was shocked by his voice that rise at her for the first time. Suddenly, the elevator shook and the light flicker. Chansung happened to react quickly in the situation and took Nara in his arms. In a while, everything came to a stop and the lights returned back to normal. They both breathed closely and then he slant back for their eyes to meet.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked in a worried voice.

 

Her mind was blank at the moment, but she pushed away from his embrace. He stepped back to leave her some space. Time was passing slowly as they waited inside the elevator for help to arrive. Nara was sitting against the wall as she gazed at the opposite wall in front of her. Chansung narrow his eyes to her when her handphone went off. She dug into her purse and took it out.

 

“Hello?...”

 

Her voice trailed off just after she heard a familiar voice on the other line. Chansung saw the puzzled look on her. He went toward her and snatched the phone away to see it was a blocked number. He ends the call and looked down at her again.

 

“Who was it?”

 

Nara was still too shock to say anything. He bend down to pull her up on to her feets and held her shoulders as he shook her.

 

“Who is it?!”

 

She shoved him away and took her phone back from him, then glared at him. He froze completely as he witness the pain in her eyes for the very first time. Suddenly, the doors slide apart and the people were standing outside. Nara head out before exposing anything else, however her expression left Chansung unspeakable.

 

 

Later that day, Nara found herself going back to the cafe that she used to went to with her first love. Her eyes scanned inside the cafe and they came upon a familiar person. That person seemed to saw her too. Nara turned away quickly and walked down the street. On the way, she heard her name being called by that person. She was pulled around by him, but her hand slapped him instantly. He stood there in silence as tears overwhelmed her eyes.

 

“Stay away from me” her voice shook as she swallowed her tears back.

 

She turned to go, but he embraced her from behind. Nara fought back, but couldn’t escape from him and slowly gave up.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry, Nara” he said.

 

Being helpless, her tears fell from her eyes. She brought her hands up to his, but hesitated at the same time whether to place it on his or not. But before she could make a decision, the man was torn away from her and just as she faced him, she found him sent to the ground with a bloody mouth. Nara was dumbfounded as her eyes came upon Chansung. The man smeared the blood from his lip and looked up at him. Chansung went toward Nara and took her hand as they left him there on the street. Halfway down the block, Nara yanked her hand away from his grip and he turned around to her.

 

“Were you following me from the hotel to the cafe that whole time?”

 

“Geurae! If I didn’t, who knew what that man could’ve done to you!” Chansung yelled, fiercely.

 

“Why do you care? He can do whatever he wants with me!”

 

Unexpectedly, he pulled her over to the alley and pushed her against the wall. She looked at him stunned.

 

“Just because of that man, you’re willing to make a fool out of yourself!?”

 

She stayed frozen and tears kept rolling down her cheeks. The anger boiled within him as he saw her swollen face.

 

“Don’t cry. Don’t cry!” Chansung said.

 

She couldn’t control herself and burst into tears. His face soured immediately as she dropped her head to hide her shame. Her shoulders were shaking as he felt the tension roaming through his hands. His grip began to loosen, then abruptly his big hands cupped her cheeks and he brought her face up to his as he dove for a kiss. Their lips sealed and her eyes widen as the tears hung back. Slowly, he moved back and exhaled heavily. Then, Nara pushed him away and ran off. Chansung was left there in pain. Pain that he never felt before and it hurt him.

 

 

That following night, the club was filled with many strangers dancing on the floor. Chansung was drinking by himself at the bar, paying no attention to the things around him. The waitress gave him refill each time he gulped down each of them in one shot. His phone that laid on the counter went off multiple of times. He set the thick cup aside and put his head down. The night soon got darker by the time Nara finally realize it while laying in bed. She stared at the ceiling as she thought about what happened that morning. Her body then jolted up when a loud pounding came from the door. She turned toward her clock to see it was really late.

 

“Who’s here at this time?”

 

The knocking continued, but it was much louder. Nara the lights and climbed out of the bed as she head out of the room to check who it was. She had her hand on the door handle and the other hand on the lock.

 

“Who is it?” she asked first.

 

There was no answer as the noise also came to a stop. She let a couple of seconds went by and finally unlocked the door to open it. A body instantly fell in and she happen to caught it on time. His heavy body was against her as his head was drooping over her shoulder. It took a glimpse for her to recognize him.

 

“Chansung?”

 

His eyes were closed, yet he was still standing as she held onto him. After closing the door, she had him settled in her bed with the blanket over him. A while later, she had a bowl filled with water and soaked a clean towel into it. She twisted the towel to squeeze the water out, then she went over to him. Nara wiped his face first and then moved down to his neck. She repeated the process and just when she was about done, she was alarmed the moment he grabbed her hand. Nara faced him to see his eyes were open. All of the sudden, he pulled her over on to the bed and got on top of her which startled her. She tried fighting him off, but his strong hands pinning her to the bed made her felt weak.

 

“Let go. What are you doing to me? Are you out of your mind?!”

 

“Yes! I’m out of my mind!”

 

Nara shut immediately after he replied so quickly. A frown came across her face as she looked at him. The seriousness on him slowly ceased into a desperate look filled with sadness in his eyes. Nara’s expression soften away as she saw that look in his eyes.

 

“I’m out of my mind because of you. If you had only turned away from him, held your tears back, then!..”

 

He stopped at the sentence. Nara watched him and when she saw the tears in his sight, she became astonished.

 

“...then, I wouldn’t have to feel this pain” he said in a soft voice.

 

Nara’s chest felt like it was going to burst and she found it difficult to breath. She snapped back to reality and shoved him aside as she got up and ran out of the room. Chansung watched the door slam closed and he laid there, facing the ceiling while a tear streamed down the side of his eye. Outside of the door, Nara stood there. Her hand placed over her chest as she was breathing freely again. Somewhere inside made her felt uncomfortable, but she couldn’t identify it. Or more like, she didn’t want to. She didn’t want to know or find out about it. Her mind was denying it, but her beating heart wasn't.