six

Tour Down Under (Discover My Heart)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1] VI [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2].[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

 

Even if he closed eyes now, neither Luhan nor Sehun would fall back asleep again, no matter how tired they were. 

"You know, never in my life would I have imagined to be waiting at a station," began Luhan as he mindlessly started tapping his finger against the ground, "At almost four in the morning."

In the far distance, they could see freckles of light, slowly illuminating the landscape as whatever town or city out there was starting to awaken. More critters started joining the galahs in their morning routines, the hums and chirps filling the silence between the two males. 

Sehun just listened, everything like this was new. Majority of the time he was cooped up in one building or another, working, running errands or sipping black tea in the corner of his office. To think of it, the last time he had went on a vacation, was on a road trip with Jongin to the beach.

Jongin.

Sehun clenches his fist.

 

"Are you tired?" His thoughts were interrupted by Luhan's quiet question.

Sehun nodded. "A little, but not really." 

Luhan smiles, justa tiny one this time. "Do you see those five big stars over there?" he asks again, pointing his finger up at the sky, "That one, that one, that one, that little one and that," poking at five white dots, set agaisnt the deep blue.

"What about them?"

"That's the Southern Cross, those stars are Alpha, Mimosa, Delta, Gamma and Epsilon Crusis. It's only visible from the Southern hemisphere."

Sehun stared at . Luhan was probably right, he hadn't seen it in South Korea or even had heard of the constellation prior. But in all honesty, he never really cared about the stars in the first place.

"How do you know this?" he asks Luhan, because this was the first time that the other male had shown that he had knowledge and wasn't entirely stupid.

"Astronomy. I love the stars." whispers Luhan, still looking at the sky with glazed eyes, "That's how I met my current boyfriend actually."

A small chuckle escaped Sehun's mouth, "What? Did you meet under the stars or something?"

"Everybody meets each other under the stars you know? Minseok and I met at the Sydney Observatory, I was working part-time there while he just came for a visit."

"Minseok? Is he Korean?"

Luhan laughs, "Yup, that's why I'm so fluent in Korean. They say the fastest way to learn a language is to get a lover. But what about you though? Surely, you have a girlfriend or something right?"

 

Sehun froze. 

 

"I've only ever dated one person." he whispers, avoiding Luhan's gaze.

"Was it your first love or something?" laughed the smaller, still looking up at the sky.

 

Sehun grew stiff.

 

"Yes."

"Well aren't you lucky. Not everyone can date their first love."

 

Lucky indeed.

 

The conversation broke away a little bit after that, the two of them just making idle talk. Well, really it was Luhan mumbling more gibberish about constellations while Sehun just listened quietly. It had been a while since someone talked to him like this. Something not work-related, or praising Sehun about his looks or wealth. In one way, it was nice to hear the other man's ramblings, even if it did get annoying at times. It took his mind off things that had plagued its corners and empty spaces, things that weren't even necessary to think about. 

 

Like ing Kim Jongin and Kyungsoo.

 

They took turns closing their eyes in an unspoken agreement; when Sehun slept Luhan stayed awake, and vice versa. Soon, tones of soft golds and orange seeps from the horizon as the sun slowly emerged for a brand new day. Luhan's talks trickled into soft hums of an unknown song while Sehun just ignored him, waiting for 8 o'clock to loom closer. Many more people were starting to appear on the station platforms too as time went on, mostly bushwalkers or tourists, all nimbly hopping along the station tiles as they excitedly chatter to each other about their journeys and destinations.

Luhan had already started quietly dozing off when it was his turn to sleep, and Sehun took it as his cue to go get changed and maybe buy some food from one of the station vendors that were starting to prepare for the 7am rush. Nudging the shorter to sit him up a bit, he took one last look at the Luhan, before slipping away to find a bathroom.

 

 

---

 

The scent of nutmeg and chocolate bought Luhan back to reality as he blinked away the the sleep from his eyes and sat up. There, in front of him, was Sehun holding out a cup for him. Graciously accepting it, he stood up and opened the lid, letting the sme

Please log in to read the full chapter