fourteen (intermission)

Tour Down Under (Discover My Heart)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

[CONTENTID1] XIV [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2].[/CONTENTID2]

 

 

[CONTENTID3]

 

 

Luhan's family home,

Adelaide.

 

 

"WHERE IS THAT BOY I AM SO CLOSE TO MURDERING HIM." Yixing crooked his head back, watching his aunt storm around the kitchen in fury, "LU HAN WAIT TILL I FIND YOU, THEN YOU WON'T BE A SON OF MINE ANYMORE!"

"Darling, there has to be some explanation," whimpered Uncle, trying to hold his wife back from the kitchen knives.

"HE'S ALMOST THIRTY AND HE GOES RUNNING OFF WITH SOME OTHER MAN ON A ROADTRIP! Is he having relationship problems with Minseok? Is he not satisfying his boyfriend? Where does he find these attractive men? When I was his age, every man around me looked like a bald egg."

"Of course I didn't look like that did I honey?"

"No, I'm fairly certain you did."

 

 

It all started when Yixing woke up to a high pitched yell, coming from downstairs in the kitchen. Oddly, the space next to him on the bed was empty; normally Luhan would still be sleeping there with his back facing Yixing, drooling and snoring into the pillow. His eyes stinging with the need to sleep, the man stood up, stepping over random piles of stray papers and pens and padding down the hallway as he patted his hair down. Perhaps he should have gone to bed early, because he feels like the house seems emptier, as if it lost something. Yixing couldn't exactly put his finger on what it was.

"YIXING, DO YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF THIS?" He hadn't even taken a step into the kitchen when a piece of paper was shoved in front of his face, followed by Yixing looking down to see his aunt still dressed in her nightgown and nostrils flaring.

"Huh?" Yixing blinks before reading the paper.

 

 

 

We're off on a roadtrip

See you in a couple of weeks

 

-Luhan & Sehun

 

 

He yawns, "Auntie, Han's on a roadtrip it says right here on-" but before he could finish, her small hand grasped his ear and yanked it, earning a scream which transitioned into a continous whine.

"Honey, stop hurting Xing," his flustered uncles pipes in, trying to unclaw his wife's hand from his ear.

"Oww..." whines Yixing, rubbing his fingers over his abused ear in a pathetic attempt to soothe it.

 

That's why the house seems emptier.

The boy and his hottie left the house.

 

He should have known better than to state the obvious when Auntie is mad. "Auntie, where did you even find this?"

The little lady stopped fuming and took a deep breath in, "On the dinner table."

"Well, it says right here where they are going and and when they will be back. He's old as balls anyway let him be," sighs Yixing, just wanting to go back to bed because he has another lecture later and he really, really, needed to catch up on some sleep. 

"Do you know when they left?" asks Uncle, turning the kettle on, making sure his wife won't attack their nephew anytime soon as he keeps a close eye on her. Both of them shook their heads and Yixing shrugs his shoulders as well. Honestly he couldn't care less about his cousin.  "Well, maybe later I'll ring Han's phone and see what he's up to."

"Maybe? MAYBE?" cries Auntie, scruching up the piece of paper in her tight hold.

"I will call him later. Breakfast dear? I'm going to make some French toast to liven it up a bit."

 

 

Completely ignoring his aunt's and uncle's antics, Yixing paid no heed to them any longer as he grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and went back upstairs. If anything, he's overjoyed by the fact that Luhan won't nag him around if he's not going to be here for the next couple of weeks. Locking the door behind him, Yixing walked over the curtains of the window and tightly closed them shut, preventing any of that hideous morning light to waver in and disrupt his beauty sleep. 

Falling back on the bed, Yixing smiled to himself as he wiggled his toes, submerging himself in the feeling of having a bed to himself. Even though Luhan had only come back for less than a week, it was borderline torturous when they had to share a bed together. Luhan would always try to sleep with his back facing the other, but later during the night he would always end up taking up a starfish position, leaving Yixing to sleep on the tiny gap of the bed that wasn't taken by Luhan's lanky arms. 

It was also quite without Luhan's repeated chantings of "Move over stoner" or "Shove off face I'm trying to breathe here" and the famous phrase of "I will shank you if you dont-" yeah, Yixing is glad to have the room back to himself.

Despite everything however, the two had been close ever since 2 and a half year old Luhan threw a toy car at him and in return, baby Yixing threw a rattle, causing his mother and Luhan's father to scold the little toddler, and soothe down little Yixing's incessant wailings. Luhan, burdened by guilt, decided to show his affection to his baby cousin by repeatedly patting his little bald head and tickling the balls of his tiny feet. 

 

But that just caused him to cry even more. 

 

Yixing remembers the first time that he got a girlfriend, a little girl in his kindergarten named Tori. When he had told his couisn, Luhan just responded with a smirk and a "Wait till you have to kiss her," which instantly caused tiny Yixing to cry because he thought he would have to marry her if he kissed her.

The time that Luhan came top of his Year 2 class in his school science fair, Yixing celebrated by kicking his cousin's model of the solar system which he worked so hard on, because when he told Luhan that he should make a volcano instead, he didn't listen. Yixing's father made him apologize to a crying Luhan, whos face covered in snot and tears.

There was also that instance when

Please log in to read the full chapter