thirty

Tour Down Under (Discover My Heart)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

warning: use of derogatory language ahead

 

The air between the three men was stifling, the lack of words filling the atmosphere and the down gazes cast at their hands: Sehun would rather be doing ANYTHING else than facing Jongin and Kyungsoo in a café. He could feel every loose thread graze against him skin and the more time had passed; urging him to utter any word to stop the awkward silence sinking into him. He peeked up a little bit, noticing the small changes that time had bestowed upon the two men sitting in front of him. Their hair have gotten many shades darker, a massive leap from the bleached scalps that both of them had flaunted back in the day. The crow's feet stemming from Kyungsoo's eyes had gotten deeper and more prominent, probably as a result of the stress that accompanied his work. 

"So, what's up?"

Good one. 

Kyungsoo looks at Jongin first, before looking at Sehun.

"I'm gonna start of by addressing the massive elephant in the room," starts Kyungsoo, Sehun could see a lump already visible in Kyungsoo's throat. "We're not in college anymore, if we want anything to get done the three of us have to settle it like adults. AKA by actually talking."

Sehun raises an eyebrow and scoffs, not willing to comply with this fatherly persona Kyungsoo was trying to put forward. He would have lunged forward and grabbed both of their pristine (and grossly matching) ties and strangled them both, but instead he takes the high road and lets the smallest male continue.

"Go on, please do enlighten me." Not as petty as I could have been, that's a great start.

"Sehun-ah, I really wanted to say sorry. For everything." It was Jongin who spoke first, holding stern eye contact with Sehun as he tightly held the almost empty porcelein cup between his fingers. "I don't even deserve to be sitting right here and apologizing so I can receive you forgiveness; I was too wrapped in my own emotions I ended up taking it out on you without even considering your feelings or what you might be going through, honestly I-i,"

"Jongin-" Sehun interrupts, knowing very well that the chance of Jongin bursting into tears could come sooner than one would like to wish.

"No wait, let me finish," cuts Jongin, placing the cup onto the table between them, "I can say from the bottom of my heart that you deserved so much more than what I gave you and I was the biggest dickhead in the entire world to end things with you the way it did."

Sehun looks at him, straight at Jongin, with a blank expressing washing over his features as he tried to process and internalise every word. All those nights he spent crying in the shower and dragging himself out of bed to face the day, those hours he spent tirelessly cleaning his home to cleanse his mind and staring aimlessly from the balcony questioning what characteristic he possessed that made people want to leave him so easily. From the day that Jongin left him, Sehun decided to focus completely on his career; only fools say money doesn't buy happiness. The more he worked, the more Sehun could let go. 

The more he could forget.

"Okay. I guess we're done here." The young male was determined to not display any emotion in front of them. If a single tear leaks out, all those months he spent bulding the lead cage around his heart would perish in a split moment. 

"No wait Sehun there's more-" Kyungsoo stretches a hand in front of him, in an attempt to stop him from standing up and walking away with his back turned to them. 

That was the final straw, Sehun had snapped.

"Is this some kind of sick joke or ed up joke to you guys? To drag me here and see you two together so you can throw some half assed apology? Why? So it doesn't make your skin itch because of your guilty conscience?" Sehun could not stop spitting every single sentence he's spent time and time again rehearsing in his head during empty minutes; if any deity had given him a time to use them, now is the time. "People move on, and I definitely have. I don't need pity from either of you. happens life goes on, you two were s to me and so what? You weren't the first and you guys are certainly not the last either. In fact, you guys did me the biggest favour when you made sure you left my life and I cannot thank you enough! And you know what I'm even more grateful for? Your ing wedding invitation, how petty do you have to be to send me one? If you don't mind, I'd like to leave now." 

"We didn't mean to send you that invitation, Jongin's mother sent it without knowing," says Kyungsoo.

Oh. Of course. That same woman that Sehun desprately tried to hide his affection for her son around for the fear of being exiled from Jongin's life for being gay. That same woman invited him to his gay son's wedding?

"You're ing joking right?"

"Sehun how the was I supposed that my ex-homophobic mum sent that to you?" Jongin almost yells at him, already showing signs of being

Please log in to read the full chapter