Kismet

Déjà Vu
I resigned, which was really hard because the manager was asking why I join and then quit in less than a week. I told them it wasn't my kind of job. he was mad but then before I left he asked I could audition for sm still. I said no.
 
i left without exo knowing.
 
the next few weeks, taeyeon called me out again, wanting to introduce her boyfriend to me.
 
I walked into the cafe when I saw taeyeon. "hi!" I said as I took a seat.
 
"hey," she smiled. 
 
"oh, where's your boyfriend?" I smiled. I couldn't wait to see who was taeyeon's boyfriend. but somehow, i have a bad feeling about it. i shook my head smiling, what should i worry about?
 
"he's in the washroom" she smiled. "oh," was all I said. I suddenly felt really uneasy and needed the washroom. "excuse me," I said.
 
I walked to the washroom quickly with my head down as I accidentally bump into a chest.
 
"I'm sorry!" I said as I looked up and then my eyes widened. byun baekhyun.
 
"I'm sorry" I repeated again, less sincere this time.
 
he widened his eyes at the sight of me. he quickly pushed me into the handicap toilet and locked it.
 
I frowned. "what are you doing?" I said, pushing against him. I was trying to forget you when you suddenly reappeared again.
 
"why... why did you leave?" he said as his eyes bore into mine.
 
"because I realize being your assistant was the wrong choice I've made." I shot back toughly. i cant let my guard down on this baekhyun, he's ruthless.
 
"is it because... I told you to forget me?" he softened his tone.
 
"no baekhyun. not everything is about you. I've forgot him, I've forgot you. I learnt to move on and have my own life. even though I love him so much, coming to you is wrong. you're not him. you're different." I said, reaching for the lock.
 
he pulled me back before i could.
 
"come back." he said.
 
come back... as in to continued getting rant by you here.... or come back to you?
 
"no. I can't. you never exist. I don't belong here." i glared at him.
 
"no! I'm here! just come back as our assistant." he rasied his voice.
 
"why must I? then I'm gonna get treated badly by you again. no, I didn't become a assistant for you to treat me cold. I become your assistant... because I wanted to see you again. I thought you guys were the same... but no. I was wrong" i lowered my head.
 
"I want to help you. I can be there for you"
 
"why?" I said as i looked back at him.
 
"because I don't feel good when you left" he mumbled but I heard it.
 
"because you can't order and treat someone like anymore?" I shot back.
 
"no, I-"
 
"no. I'm not going back because you need me" I cut him. I turned away and then baekhyun suddenly backhugged me.
 
my eyes widened as my heart beats faster. I couldn't pull away. he was still baekhyun. it was baekhyun.
 
"why..." I mumbled. his touch made me forget everything thats make me sad about.
 
he hugged me tighter. "I think... I have a affinity with the baekhyun in your dimension." my eyes widened once again.
 
he believe it. 
 
I pulled away. "what do you mean?" I turned to him.
 
"like when I call your name it roll out of my tongue really smooth and familiar. also... the food you cook. and your scent. it felt too familiar. even though we've never met. that's why I was so curious who you were."
 
I looked away. am I still fated? to the baekhyun in another dimension?
 
I felt uneasy away from baekhyun too. but I still, tried to pull my thoughts away about him and move on. I have to say i couldn't do it forever.
 
"I'll think about it... now let me go. my friend is waiting"
 
"wait. give me your number" baekhyun stopped me in my tracks.
 
"why?" I asked, annoyed. i continued quickly.
 
"it's okay. I've your number memorize" I said as I opened the door.
 
"you have to call me then!" he shouted.
 
I walked back and sat down.
 
"oh? your boyfriend isn't here yet?" I asked.
 
"yeah. what's taking him so long?" she said as she took out her phone.
 
I looked at my phone. should I text him?
 
"oh, there he is!" taeyeon said. i didn't look up. I opened the message and click baekhyun number. I felt someone sat in front of me.
 
I typed a message and I smiled.
 
"si yoon...' taeyeon called me.
 
I looked up and see the guy I was thinking about. my face fell.
 
baekhyun. 
 
taeyeon smiled. "I think you know exo... so if you don't... he's baekhyun! he's my boyfriend! you're the first to know... but we'll be announcing it to the public soon..."
 
I looked at baekhyun. I quickly forced myself to smile.
 
"we met during high school. I already had a crush on him and I brought myself to go on a date with him. he told me he wasn't interested in me. but after we met again in sm, somehow we got closer and now we're together" she smiled.
 
so this what happened when I didn't go into the same high school with them... I wonder who was I in this dimension. 
 
I couldn't stand the sight in front me. it's like a plot twist. a completely opposite different dimension. 
 
I felt my eyes watered. I had to leave before taeyeon sees me cry.
 
"it's nice to hear you're happy... taeyeon. congrats for being able to be with your crush from high school. please last long! excuse me... but I have to go..." I said as I took all my things and quickly walked up. I felt my tears rolled down my cheeks... and another...
 
I looked at my phone. i erased the message I wrote to baekhyun: 
 
"I'll go back"
 
baekhyun's pov
 
I didn't see si yoon when I walked towards taeyeon. I walked towards taeyeon as I see a girl in front of me.
 
she was looking down, smiling as her hands covered her face.
 
taeyeon didn't tell me she was meeting someone.
 
"she's my best friend" taeyeon mouthed to me.
 
I looked hard at her when she look up at me. si yoon. si yoon was taeyeon's friend. out of all her friends, si yoon was taeyeon's best friend.
 
si yoon looked uncomfortable and I realize she was about to cry. like how I saw her when I told her off. the feeling of... hurt? and then she spoke really fast, congratulating us and took her bag along with her as she leaves in a hurry. 
 
I couldn't bear the sight of her leaving. not caring about anything, I stood up and ran after her.
 
"baekhyun!" I heard taeyeon yelled.
 
I ran out of the cafe and looked around. I saw si yoon walking across the streets, crying.... not looking at the road. my eyes widen as I saw an incoming car approaching her.