Cynosure

Déjà Vu

the ride home was quiet but we got home quicker than i have expected.

“thanks for today” i said and then choked at my dry throat. i laughed it off and continue speaking. “goodbye baekhyun” i reached for the door handle while looking at him at the last time.

“no problem... rest well and have a good night” he smiled slightly.

things with baekhyun and taeyeon on the news have cooled down after a few days. baekhyun and i havent been in contact ever since that day. has it been a week? it feels like forever.

i was about to leave the house when i saw a familiar car outside.

baekhyun came out of the car and locked the door. he turned around and jumped at the sight of me.

“si yoon!” baekhyun exclaimed.

“baekhyun? why are you here?” i bluntly said.

“i-“ he stuttered as he looked away.

“i’ve been-“ baekhyun suddenly took my hands and pulled me towards him. the car swooshed right behind me.

“dont want you going to another dimension leaving me so soon...” he said softly. my heart raced. i quickly took a step back after realizing my hands were on his shoulders.

“ive been having sleepless nights... thinking about you, about us... and... i think i cant live without you... ever since you exist, my life revolves around you... without you i dont really know who am i. its like you complete me. i dont know if its love, but i keep convincing myself its not love... but i think it is.”

“baekhyun... i-“

“you dont have to give me your answer... i just want to let you know that i like you... more than friends.”

“you know what my answer is, baekhyun. who was the first person i went to find when i first came to this dimension? even thought you guys are not the same, deep down, you guys are actually the same to me. i already know who you really are on the inside... and i know for sure i wont regret loving you again.” a tear fell out as i smiled sincerely to him.

he leaned closer to me as his lips touched mine. we stood there, kissing passionately.

2 years has passed quickly. both baekhyun and i have lost contacted with taeyeon. baekhyun have announced that he is in a relationship with the “unknown hospital girl” which allowed our relationship to be still a little private to an extent.

a honk could be heard from outside.

“that must be baekhyun,” i smiled to myself, putting on the earrings baekhyun got for me last year for our first anniversary.

he opened the door for me from the inside as i jokingly shook my head at his laziness of being a proper gentlemen. “hi babe. happy second anniversary” he leaned in to gave me a quick peck on the lips as i got in the car.

we reached the restaurant by the beach where we had our first so called date together.

“i know you didnt like your food at this place, but i thought having our second anniversary at a memorable restaurant would be a great idea” he looked at me as he turned the engine off.

“aw babe, you’ve made best choice. i love this place” i grinned as i quickly walked to the entrance.

we were brought to the same table we were at from the first time.

“is this planned?” i jokingly said.

“nah. they know that this table is my favourite spot.” he replied.

“ooo, rich guy alert” i scoffed sarcastically.

“what would you like to have?” the waitress interrupted.

“ill have the usual” he said to the waitress and then looked at me.

“ill have what hes not having” i emphasized, pointing at the simple pasta dish that looked like a safe option.

“ugh, you dont have to embarrass me like this” baekhyun jokingly rolled his eyes at me as the waitress leave.

while we were eating, baekhyun suddenly stopped eating and leaned close to me “babe. i think im having a tummy ache. like, it hurts really bad” baekhyun whispered with a pain emotion on his face.

“you think its the clams? i dont think its this fast though. what did you had for lunch?” i replied, feeling anxious for him.

“ill be right back” he said and he walked quickly out of the room.

i slowly finished my food as my mind was only concerned about baekhyun. how long has it been? should i check on baekhyun?

i was about to leave and check on him when a loud boom could be heard from outside.

i turned around as the firework exploded into thousands of sparks.

“so beautiful...” i mouthed to myself as i totally forgot i had to check on baekhyun.

one by one, the fireworks turned from hearts to what seemed like words that i couldnt quite make out.

“will...” i read out loud as the next character appear. “si...?”

wow, is someone getting proposed? this is so romantic! i excitedly waited for the next word.

“...yoon marry baekhyun?....”

its me.

footsteps could be heard behind me as i turned around.

“baekhyun...”

there was baekhyun standing in front of me, holding onto my favourite unique flower bouquet the old baekhyun had given me during our first anniversary together. i have never mentioned about the flowers to him before. i couldnt talk to him about the flowers because that was how the old baekhyun die. how did he know about this...? its way too coincidence to be true right?

“i was at the flower shop and the owner told me to get this because she said it was unique and rare and they sell it elsewhere”

“wow, its as pretty as it smells”

“happy first anniversary babe,”

“when you propose to me, you better get me this flower”


the voices ring in my head so vividly.

baekhyun kneeled down on one leg and i suddenly started tearing.

the old baekhyun never got to kneel on one leg like this that night... proposing to me. the thought of it made me very overwhelmed. at the same time, i was crying from happiness to be able to be proposed by baekhyun this time.

i giggled while still crying. you fooled me, baekhyun. i really got worried for you.”

“of course. i wouldnt be proposing to you now if you didnt care” he jokingly replied. i took the flowers from him and took a quick whiff of it.

he took the box from his pockets and opened, revealing a simple, diamond ring.

“i heard that you like simple stuff” he continued and i rolled my eyes in disbelief. only baekhyun can joke during a serious moment like this.

“si yoon... will you marry me?” he finally said. the words that i want to hear from the time when the old baekhyun passed.

i nodded my head and jumped into his arms as soon as he got up.

“i love you, si yoon...” baekhyun said softly into my ears.

“i love you too, baekhyun” i pulled away and kissed him.

we got on the yacht again. baekhyun drove to the middle of nowhere, under the night sky.

“it feels different at night eh?” baekhyun suddenly spoke up.

“yeah. i can see the stars so clearly now.” i replied.

“how was my proposal today, mrs.byun?” he said bluntly as i blushed.

“i didnt know you were so good at acting” i replied sarcastically.

he laughed. “of course. have you not seen me in scarlet heart?”

“okay okay you win. it was really romantic. and very creative. oh, by the way, where did you get the flowers from?” i asked indirectly.

“why are you asking? i know its your favourite.” he replied.

“but how? i swear ive never mentioned it to you before”

“i had a weird yet vivid dream a few days back. it was me that didnt felt like me. a baekhyun that is isnt me. he told me there was a specific flower that you really like. i didnt know where to look for it, so i went to every florist shop in this city and managed to find it... but i just knew i was in the right florist shop when i stepped into the shop.”

i was speechless. it was like a sign from the old baekhyun to tell me to move on and live the moment with the baekhyun by my side.

“thanks to him, i made this proposal the way you wanted.”

“he did.” i smiled and i snuggled into his arms. thank you, baekhyun.


i wrote this yesterday night, pardon if theres any grammatical errors or if some sentences sounded weird because i was half awake... anyways... 1 more chapter left! i was expecting more dramas in this story but i just want to end it asap to finish my other stories as well... im almost 21 (i started aff when i was 13???) so i felt like i already grew out of this phase. im almost graduating university and when that time comes, i have other prorities. ill see you guys again in the last chapter! itll be out soon i promise xx