Vehement

Déjà Vu
wedding day (1 year later)
 
“you are so pretty, my darling!” baekhyun’s mum exclaimed as soon as she stepped into the room.
 
“thank you,” i smiled while the hair stylist curled my hair.
 
we had a dinner together with our parents a few months ago, and as soon baekhyun’s mum saw me, she apologized for being rude the first time i went to their house.
 
"are you a fan? get out! don't tell anyone where we stay, or else I'll sue you!"  her stern voice rung in my head and i shook it away. it was all really bad memories.
 
now all its cool. it almost feels like the old dimension. this happiness i was suppose to feel? i was suppose to have this feeling back then.
 
a group of loud people started coming in.
 
“congratulations baekhyun and si yoon!” they all said together yet messily at the same time. the exo members were baekhyun’s groomsmen. all of them stood there, in identical suits.
 
“i really wasnt expecting our assistant to marry baekhyun. do you still remember the days baekhyun ordered her to give him a massage and cook him a meal?” chanyeol snickered and everyone else laughed. 
 
“the bestman is coming!” jongin said brightly. one more? one more member? i scanned through the small group of men who were scattered around the room. 5... 6... 7, 8... who’s that one more person?
 
a familiar yet forgotten face walked in. he look exactly the same.
 
“congratulations!” he beamed as he walked towards baekhyun.
 
“thanks bro. i havent seen you in a long time man. we should catch up... youve never met my wife before and ive never talked about my wife before to you. you should go congratulate her too” 
 
“hakhun...” i said softly. hakhun spun around and his eyes widened.
 
“si yoon....” he walked towards me. “congratulations...” he said and then lowered his voice. “for finally getting married this time.”
 
“tha- huh?” this time....? my jaw dropped. i waited till baekhyun walked away and entertained the rest of the guests before pulling hakhun closer to me.
 
“wait... did baekhyun tell you everything?” 
 
“no... but i know everything...”
 
“what you mean by everything?”
 
“ive had vivid dreams about you guys. not baekhyun, but you and the baekhyun you were suppose to get married. i know youre from another dimension.”
 
“oh my god..." i mumbled in disbelief. "how is that possible?” 
 
“i dont know. i also dreamt about myself with you guys. it felt so real, and i suspect it was an alternate dimension. when i receive the wedding invitation and i saw your name on it, i knew it was real.” he said and i just stood there, trying to take in everything he just said.
 
“why didnt you find me? why did you wait till today?” i finally asked.
 
“i didnt had your contact number. i dont even know you. there was a chance that you could have lost your memory as well.” well, he's right. 
 
“did you tell baekhyun at least?”
 
“no. does he know that youre from another dimension? he would probably think im crazy if i didnt” again, true. he did thought i was crazy when i told him the first time.
 
“yes he knows everything... you have no idea how i manage to make him believe me. anyway... thank you for telling me, hakhun. at least i know someone in this dimension know the me from the old dimension.” i genuinely smiled. 
 
“youre welcome... are you doing fine now? you went through so much.” he asked. 
 
“i really did. im very happy now. what about you, hakhun? are you the similar to the hakhun i know in my dimension?”
 
“yes, i am” he grinned. hakhun was really shy with girls. he only does this familiar grin to people he feel comfortable with. a small part of me felt content.
 
“will you ever tell baekhyun that you know everything?”
 
“one day, si yoon. theres too much to talk about. from the first day of high school... to the proposal day. i know youve already told him most of it, but he doesnt know my perspective. he talked so much about you. ill need the whole day for it” he said and i smiled.
 
“wow wow wow, what are you guys talking about? im your close friend, but it looks like you are catching up with someone you havent met before?”
 
both hakhun and i laughed. never did baekhyun know that hakhun knew the old me, more than him.
 

 
i took a peep outside and saw that everyone was sitting down. the officiant was already starting his speech.
 
“im so nervous...” i said to my dad.
 
“dont be. we are so happy for you, si yoon. before you were hospitalized... you were a totally different person.”
 
“different person?” i asked.
 
“you locked yourself in your room all day, all night, everyday. you didnt had a job, you didnt had much friends...”
 
i never knew the alternate version of me was like this...
 
he continued. “you bottled everything to yourself. you keep fretting over yourself that taeyeon had a successful career but not you... we tried sending you to many different therapies but it didnt help you..."
 
"im sorry and thank you for always supporting and helping me, dad."
 
"we love you, si yoon. and we are really happy for you when you found someone love you as much as we do."
 
"i love you too, dad"
 
the door suddenly opened and I quickly took my dad’s hand.
 
i looked around and see everyone clapping and smiling while my dad and i walked out slowly towards the stage. my mum was crying... so is yixing...? i laughed abit and then i looked forward. 
 
then i saw baekhyun's face. he was beaming. but my smile suddenly fell. after going through so much, i finally get to marry baekhyun... again. if i never bother finding him again and pushing it through his coldness, will we ever be together again? a tear fell from my eye and by the time my dad gave my hands to baekhyun, i was in a crying mess. 
 
"aw, babe," baekhyun cupped my cheeks and wiped my tears with his thumb. "you're about to turn into a little panda" all the guests gave out an audible awe.
 
"si yoon," baekhyun started. "i know we didnt start off well, but deep inside, i knew you belonged in my heart somewhere. i was reluctant to believe that i liked you, but your persistence pushed me to confess. and never did i know that confession could make the happiest men in the world. i might not know you as much as you know me, but we have the rest of our lives together to share about our lives. i will be looking forward to waking up having you beside me every morning, and also to bicker over who should wash the dishes." baekhyun ended and the crowd laughed.
 
"baekhyun," i laughed abit before staring my vow. "the reason why i tried finding you is because i thought we could at least be friends. i just wanted to be there for you, and to see you from afar to make sure youre doing fine in life. i never knew that fate allow us to be together... again. i thought i was never allowed to be with you ever again, or even deserved to be with you. now that im getting married to you, i will make sure to stay by your side and support you forever. i want us to stay happy till we grow old together. i love you." i smiled and then cried again. baekhyun smiled and then quickly wiped off my tears with his thumb again.
 
"do you take si yoon as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" 
 
"i do" baekhyun said without any hesistation.
 
"do you take baekhyun as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" 
 
"i do" i nodded and looked at him. 
 
"i now pronounce you husband and wife. you may now kiss the bride"
 
baekhyun took a step, closing the gaps between us. he took my face, leaned in and before he kissed me, he said, 
 
"why does this feel like deja vu?"
 
"huh? wha-" 
 
"im kidding, mrs.byun" he gave a low soft laugh before kissing me this time.

the end! i legit just finish writing this. i hope the ending isnt too abrupt! i left a few more incomplete stories before i actually retire for good! if you like this story, check out my other stories (i have a few completed one but beware its cringe bc i wrote it when i was 13) and give this story an upvote! (itll make my day) i now produce bts lofi mix if you guys are interested! see you guys in my other stories xx