Vortex

Déjà Vu
there was a faint yet loud voice, as if it was just right beside my ear.
 
"we'll be together again"
 
the voice wheezed. it sounded just like baekhyun, or am I just hallucinating?
 
"don't give up, we'll meet again"
 
it said as it fades away quickly.
 
what was that?
 
I heard the hospital machines around me that was beeping.
 
I opened my eyes slowly and I saw my parents. I am alive? after jumping down? 
 
and then it hit me. why am I not dead? baekhyun's not here anymore. 
 
"mum, dad... baekhyun..." I mumbled.
 
"you're awake!" my mum exclaimed and tapped my dad.
 
"am I alive? are... you guys angry at me?" I said, ready to be shout at for doing something really foolish, killing myself for someone.
 
"angry at you? for what! of course you're alive!" my dad said.
 
"I jumped down the building," I said, looking down. I realized my body does not have any injuries and I could move every part of my nerve as if nothing had happened. did someone save me halfway? 
 
"no dear, how can you say that? you almost died in a car accident but thank god the car didn't bang you, instead you fainted on the spot."
 
so me thinking that baekhyun is dead is all just... a dream?
 
"what about baekhyun? how is baekhyun? let me see baekhyun please!" I panicked.
 
"baekhyun?" my mum questioned and looked at my dad. my dad shook his head.
 
"...my boyfriend. we were suppose to married. is he... still alive?" I said, about to cry again.
 
"baekhyun.... you mean the celebrity? baekhyun is an idol. he is a member from exo... since when you were their fan? and your boyfriend? and married?" my mum asked, frowning.
 
baekhyun? ...an idol? I'm a fan? are you kidding me??? 
 
"you need to rest" my dad finally said.
 
"no. I can't. I'm confused." I ruffled my hair.
 
I saw the newspaper on the chair. 
 
"dad pass me that," I asked.
 
he took it and passed it to me willingly. I read the headline, and everything was the same except that the car driver wasn't baekhyun. and the headline was different.
 
"car crashed as truck hits and almost killed a girl on the roadside"
 
when I was discharged I realized there were no more pictures of me and baekhyun.
 
I shouted at my mum and dad for throwing my pictures of me and baekhyun away and they even suggest me to go see a therapist. I couldn't even find the box I hid it under my bed. they did see it? or was all just an hallucination? I am not mad and crazy at all. 
 
the next few days, I assumed that I was in my dream. but it's too surreal. I am confused as heck, so I searched up about exo.
 
I typed exo in google and there were 12 of them. I scrolled through, and then I saw the familiar face. my parents weren't lying, baekhyun was really in there... and it was really baekhyun. the baekhyun i knew. same birthday, same hometown... everything is the same.
 
but why does he look so different, and at the same time he looked the same? he... gives me a different aura. 
 
am I in a different dimension? is baekhyun really an idol, and doesn't know me? and I blamed my parents of throwing all our pictures when in the first place we doesn't exist in this dimension?
 
there was one final way to find out. I decided. to meet baekhyun.
 
I walked to his house, hoping that will be his house.
 
I knocked on the door and his parents came out.
 
"this is..." baekhyun's mum asked.
 
"baekhyun's girlfriend" I waved and smiled at her.
 
instead, her face changed. "are you a fan? get out! don't tell anyone where we stay, or else I'll sue you!" she sure hell changed. or is she treating me like this because baekhyun is dead? 
 
"please let me meet baekhyun! I am his high school friend!" I shouted as I bang on the door.
 
"who's this...?" that familiar voice. I turned and face him. he is... alive? he look different. look show off and cold.
 
"baekhyun..." I mumbled, and then a tear fell from my eyes. i wanted to hug him, but my brain tells me not to. why?
 
but his reply made me stop crying.
 
"who are you?" he said coldly.
 
who are you. who are you? who are you?!
 
"I'm... si yoon... your girlfriend... well-"
 
"girlfriend? are you kidding me? get out of my property now" he said.
 
"please work with me. I'm confused" I plead.
 
"speak," he stood like a bossy person and allowed me to talk.
 
"we are going to get married but the car... crashed and you were in the car and you died. I-"
 
"did you just curse me? you better leave or I'll call the cops. I don't care if you're my girlfriend in my past life or whatever i am to you. just leave," he said, pointing to the gate. 
 
without saying anything, I left. I left baekhyun a bad impression of myself and I was upset. baekhyun doesn't know me. I am really in another dimension.
 
I received a text message that night.
 
"taeyeon: I have a news to tell you tomorrow. let's meet up, and I miss you!" 
 
taeyeon knew me? and we were still friends? 

good news! im gonna update this regularly every once and a week. please continue to support me by subscribing. if you like my story so far, an upvote would make my day :-) also, do comment because i would like to know how do you guys find my stories so far. thank you to those who have subscribe and upvote :-)