Switched

Déjà Vu

I quickly turn away before he could see me clearly.

 
"yes?" I said. 
 
"you are really familiar. your name, your food... your scent and your... voice. who are you? I want to see you. I swear I have never met anyone with the name si yoon. it's just... roll out of my tongue so easily" he said calmly. this wasn't the baekhyun I met days ago.
 
his voice... and the way he pronounced my name was exactly how my old baekhyun call me. it came out smooth and familiar. it even has a special accent that made it sounds different yet special. 
 
"probably someone you used to know." I said coldly, still kind of hurt from baekhyun's coldness to me the first day we met.
 
"can I see you? your face?" he said, almost desperately. when you see it, you're gonna scream and ask me to get out. trust me.
 
"how about tomorrow? I'm not wearing any make up now" I excused myself. thank female problems.
 
"uhm, okay sure" I wasn't expecting that. thank you, god. "good night, see you tomorrow" baekhyun said before he shuffled back into his room. just like he old baekhyun, he still respect girls.
 
i wish this baekhyun was as nice as my baekhyun. at that moment just now, I swear they were the same. just that this baekhyun... doesn't know me.
 
the next day, I woke up. I need to find a way to disguise from how I looked usually. 
 
usually, I barely put any make up. today, I'm gonna put way a lot of make up. hopefully baekhyun doesn't recognize me.
 
I came out from my room and everyone turned to look at me.
 
"you're up, and you look different today" luhan said bluntly. damn you, luhan!
 
"I know. yesterday... I was too lazy to put make up on" I lied.
 
"I like you without too much though" lay said straightforwardly.
 
"lay! that's rude!" kris warned.
 
"I'm fine. he complimented me yesterday anyway" I laughed away.
 
I turned to look at baekhyun. and he was looking at me back. awkward eye contact... I quickly turned away. 
 
I told exo about their schedule again. today, usual. learn dance choreography for their comeback. 
 
I brought them to the practice room and before I was about to leave, chanyeol stopped me.
 
"do you want to stay? you could join us if you want, if not it's okay" he smiled. of course I will. I'll be doing nothing anyway.
 
the steps were difficult. I am a dancer, but I was a contemporary dancer. kpop dance is just complicated. when we were allowed to have a break, I walked out of the room and had some fresh air and alone time.
 
soon after, I heard the door opened. and then I saw baekhyun.
 
"you dance pretty well," he said swiftly. he did look at me.
 
"thanks" I smiled slightly.
 
"do you want a drink?" baekhyun said as he uncapped the bottle and passed to me. I drank it and he took it back and gobbled down the rest of the water. we just had an indirect kiss. he had been staring intently at me the whole time.
 
he closed the bottle and walked closer to me. my back touched the wall as I walked backwards. 
 
"who you are, really?" he frowned slightly. he put his hands on the wall, my head in between them.
 
"your assistant" I said, stuttering slightly. he leaned closer to me.
 
he seemed to realized and pulled back immediately. "oh. I remember. you're that that came to my house" he said. oh .
 
"who are you? what's wrong with you? you knew where I stay, cursed me and then here you are. no wonder you were so familiar" he continued.
 
"I said you have to hear me out" I snapped back.
 
"didn't I? you cursed me"
 
"I didn't. in fact you're my boyfriend in the other dimension. we were suppose to get married" I slightly shouted at him.
 
"ugh, don't use that tactic to get me. god, you're hopeless. cursing me and saying I'm your boyfriend? what a joke. I'm gonna get you fired, you're weird like hell" he said as he threw the bottle on the floor and walked away.
 
a tear fell from my eyes but I held back the rest. I have to stay strong. I guess... I really have to give baekhyun up. he isn't the same one I knew. 
 
the next day, they had a pre recording session in the studio. baekhyun had turned to the cold and arrogant him as I first met him. why was he so nice when he didn't know who am I yet? as usual, baekhyun ordered me around and gave me faces. 
 
I couldn't take it so I left the room when they were recording. baekhyun soon followed behind me.
 
"hey!" he shouted, stopping me in my tracks.
 
I turned back to look at him.
 
"what? I'm having female problems right now" I lied to excused myself.
 
"no. you stay here." he said as he walked up to me. he indeed change from the first time when we met in the dorm. he probably really dislike me.
 
"listen to me, or I'll get you fired immediately" he whispered harshly. 
 
"okay" I said.
 
"tell me what's the point of cursing me and saying that I'm your boyfriend in your whatever dimension."
 
I honestly don't know. "I really did. I thought you guys would be the same. turn out you guys are different." 
 
"what do you mean"
 
"you're cold and arrogant as . just... act like I've never said it or talked about it." I give up.
 
"whatever. give me some proof you have, like my favourites and my dislikes" 
 
"but your personalities are different, how would it be the same? the life without me would be different too"
 
"well I am sometimes nice too. you could talk about things about me and my life"
 
I laughed ironically. "fine. i know where you live. you hate cucumber. in my dimension, in high school I helped taeyeon to ask you for a date and you thought it was me so you went but realize it was taeyeon and you didn't really like her. you ended up being with me and taeyeon and I broke ties. we were best friends" that, and I told him a lot of other stuffs we used to talked about. once I was done, baekhyun's face showed shockness and confusion..
 
"everything was almost the same. just that you weren't there." he whispered.
 
"you weren't a singer in my dimension." I said.
 
"really?"
 
"yeah. you said you won't be able to be with me. you want to spent time with me. and you want your privacy, don't wanna your girlfriend bashed" I still could remember the exact words he said.
 
"you were a nice, lovely cheesy guy." I laughed and then I cried because I couldn't take it. he's gone. 
 
"that's so weird. I don't know if I should believe you even though you got every facts right. everything make sense but yet it doesn't" he ruffled his hair.
 
"that's why it's no point talking about it. you're different." i wiped my eyes and laughed slightly.
 
"I probably am. you better forget me then" he changed back to the cold him again.
 
I will. I'll have to stay away from you so I'll never hate the baekhyun I used to know. i thought i could watch you from far away, but i got discovered as a sasaeng fan. how can i stay and be at least frineds, when you dislike me so much? and me starting to hate the now you too? no matter what, i thought you were baekhyun, but i guess i was wrong. youre the completely opposite person of baekhyun. thats why im in an alternate dimension.
 
I nodded my head. "I will." I said as I turned away, my tears falling again.

hey guys! i forgot to update last week :-p anyway, happy belated birthday to chanyeol and i! our birthday is just two days apart :-) also, kris was in Vancouver (yes i live in vancouver) and i never got to see him.like no one told me at all!!!! I thought he was staying here for good but i was pretty upset seeing previews of him at the airport today because he was leaving. sigh, next year then!