The Revelation

How Old Are You Again?

"Taekwoonie~ Where are you?" Jaehwan calls Taekwoon's name. He hasn't talked to him properly him since he left this morning. He knows Taekwoon has been acting strangely around him since they had their breakfast. He keeps on avoiding him as if he's a plague. This makes Jaehwan thinks maybe, just maybe, what Sanghyuk said is true. But, he's still young. How can he knows what love is when he's still that young. Plus, he's okay yesterday. They even had "park date" yesterday. So why does Taekwoon acts strangely around him today? It doesn't make sense.

 

Taekwoon is hiding inside the room. He can hears his hyung's enchanting voice calling him. He can feels those weird symptoms again. No. Not good. This is not good. He doesn't want to die at such young age. He wants to live a long life so that he can witness how beautiful this world is. No. It doesn't have something to do with his lovely hyung. No, of course not. What are you talking about? Why'd you readers think about it.  Okay his hyung has beautiful face, smile, voice, laugh and personality but it doesn't mean he wants to live a long life to witness such things. No, of course not so please stop giving Taekwoon those teasing look. Stop smiling. Please have mercy on him.

 

Back to the story, Taekwoon's hiding inside the closet since he thinks it's safer there. It's hot there but at least he can't hear his hyung's voice. It's suffocating but at least he doesn't get those symptoms again. He thinks he could get his clarity there, but much to his dismay he still can slightly hear his hyung's lovely voice. He opens the door slightly to see his hyung sitting on his bed. He looks so sad. Taekwoon can feel a weird hurt feeling inside him. He doesn't get it. Why is seeing his hyung’s sad but still lovely face makes him sad too? This is weird. Maybe this love disease has this side effect. This love disease is so weird. He hates it, a lot. Taekwoon's having mental battle inside right now. He wants to comfort his hyung but he doesn't want to get those symptoms again. But his hyung needs him (in his opinion). But he'd get those symptoms again. But his hyung looks so sad. But the symptoms. Butttttt. Urgh. This is so frustrating!

In the end, Taekwoon decides to comfort his hyung. He thinks death because of comforting his hyung is not really that bad. At least he can make him happy. He just need to control his heart, blood, sweat and the way he talks. They’re not that hard, right? Taekwoon opens the door to reveal himself. Jaehwan's eyes open wide seeing Taekwoon coming out from the closet. What are you doing there, hyung? Don't tell me it's because you want to avoid me. Are you that mad to me, hyung? Or... No way!

 

"Why are you look so sad, hyung? Did something bad happen to you?" Taekwoon sits beside Jaehwan. He looks at him with the same sad face. Don't be sad, hyung.

"Taekwoonie keeps on avoiding hyungie after we had breakfast. This makes hyungie so sad. Did I do something upsetting Taekwoonie? I'm so sorry." Jaehwan looks at Taekwoon with sad eyes.

 

"I... I'm so sorry hyungie. It's... It's... Well... Uhm... Just... I... Err...“ Taekwoon finds it hard to find proper words to explain the reason. How can he tells his hyung the reason why he keeps on avoiding him is because of this stupid love disease? How can he tells his hyung that every time he sees his hyung he’ll get this weird symptom inside his stomach?

 

“Huh?” Jaehwan tilts his head a bit to the side and Taekwoon finds it cute, really cute. His hyung tilting his head with confused look on display, so cute. So cute. Why is he so cute? Why is everything he does so cute? Is he even human? Is he even real? This is not fair! I’m sure he’s not a human. Wait a minute. Maybe I could find proofs that he’s not a human. Wait a minute. Bingo! Look at his uncannily tall nose and elf-like ears. See! He’s not a human! I knew it! I knew it!

 

“Uhm… Taekwoonie… Why are you looking at me like that?” Jaehwan blinks his eyes in confusion. Stop doing that, hyungie! It makes you 1234567890 times cuter! And stomach! Stop making that weird flips! Stop! Stop! Taekwoon grabs his hair in frustration. His hyung disease is driving him crazy.

 

"Taekwoonie? Are you okay?” Jaehwan asks Taekwoon once again. He touches Taekwoon's forehead in case he's sick or something. Well, if you count being in love as a sickness then yes he's sick. Thanks to you Lee Jaehwan.

 

"Don't touch me!" Taekwoon shouts to his hyung unconsciously since he's still not stable with everything involving skinship with his hyung. Taekwoon takes a step back from Jaehwan. This is too much for him to handle.

 

"Do you really hate me this much, Taekwoonie?"  The look on Jaehwan face makes Taekwoon feels so guilty. He wants to comfort his hyung but if comforting his hyung means there's skinship involves then it's a big no.

 

"No! Taekwoonie doesn't hate hyungie. Hyungie is Taekwoonie’s favorite hyung. How can Taekwoonie hates hyungie when hyungie is my favorite?" Taekwoon tries to explain to Jaehwan while waving his hands aggressively. Jaehwan can see beautiful pink color adorning Taekwoon's cheeks. It makes him look so cute. This cute scene almost make Jaehwan forgets his questions.

 

"If Taekwoonie doesn't hate hyungie, then why is Taekwoonie acting like this? Did hyungie do something wrong?" Jaehwan takes one step closer to Taekwoon only to make Taekwoon takes two steps back. This acts don’t fail to make Jaehwan's heart scream in pain.

 

"No! Hyungie didn't do something wrong. It... It just... Just... That thing... Just..."

 

"Huh?" One step closer.

 

"That thing... Really... I can't..."

 

"Taekwoonie?" Another step.

 

"It's... It's... That thing"

 

"Yes" And another step.

 

"Uhm... I just... I... I... Symptoms...This disease... Lo..."

 

"Lo?" A little bit more.

 

"Lo... lo... I'm... Aish... I can't explain it to hyungie. This is so embarrassing!" Taekwoon covers his face since he feels so embarrassed and frustrated about it.

 

"What is it, Taekwoonie? What's wrong? Are you okay?" Jaehwan hugs Taekwoon and this time he doesn't take steps back. Instead he hugs Jaehwan back. Jaehwan sighs in relief. He caresses Taekwoon's back to comfort him.

 

"Hyungie~" Taekwoon buries his face in his hyung's chest. He can smell his hyung's scent. Strawberry. He decides to like his hyung's smell. It suits him, sweet and lovely, just like his hyung. He likes it, a lot.

 

"It's okay Taekwoonie. Hyungie is here. You can tell hyungie everything." Jaehwan gives Taekwoon kiss on top of his head and of course Taekwoon can feel those symptoms back but he decides to ignore them. He’s so sick of it. It's time to tell his hyung about his current condition. No more running away from it. It's now or never.

 

“You know, hyungie. This morning Taekwoonie asked Hyukie hyung about something.”

 

“And what was that?” Jaehwan asks Taekwoon softly, still caressing his back.

 

“Taekwoonie started to feel this weird sympoms whenever Taekwoonie sees or touches hyungie. Taekwoonie’s stomach would make such weird feelings and here.” Taekwoon puts Jaehwan’s hand over his chest, right above his heart. Jaehwan can feel Taekwoon’s wild heartbeat. Oh my God. Don’t tell me Taekwoon hyung is in love with me.

 

“Can you feel it, hyungie? There’s something wrong with Taekwoonie. Hyukie hyung said it’s because Taekwoonie’s infected with love disease. And… and… he said… I… I… I WILL DIEEEEEEE~ WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~ HYUNGIEEEEEEEEEE~” Taekwoon hugs Jaehwan tightly, crying in his embrace.

 

“What do you mean you’re going to die? You’re not going to die, Taekwoonie.” That magnae. I swear to God I will definitely give him a lesson. How could he lie to Taekwoon hyung? Just wait and see Han Sanghyuk. Feel the wrath of Lee Jaehwan.

 

“But Hyukie hyung…”

 

“Hyukie hyung was just joking.”

 

“Joking?”

 

“Yeah.” Jaehwan gives Taekwoon his reassuring smile to which Taekwoon responds with smiling back.

 

“But hyungie. Taekwoonie doesn’t understand it, this whole love disease. I mean, this weird symptoms, the flips, the racing heartbeat, the…” Jaehwan cups Taekwoon’s face so that he’d facing his face.

 

“It’s okay. I know how it feels like.”

 

“Huh? Really?” Taekwoon gives Jaehwan his questioning look. How can his hyung suffering this confusing disease? He looks fine.

 

“I know how it feels like to have this kind of disease. At first, it’d feel so strange and weird but later it’d feel so wonderful, especially when the person you’re in love with returns your love.”

 

“Wait. So this love disease involves two people?”

 

“Uhm... kind of. You know I used to have this love disease too.” Jaehwan makes Taekwoon sits on his laps since he wants to tell him his love story.

 

“I used to have this love disease and the person I love was Daewoon hyung. He’s so sweet and caring. We used to be so in love with each other. We made a lot of good, no, great memories. I will forever cherish that memories.” From the look on Jaehwan’s face, Taekwoon can tell that that Daewoon hyung’s someone special to his hyung. His hyung looks so happy when he tells him his story.

 

“What happened to hyungie and that Daewoon hyung? Was something bad happen?”

 

“We broke up.” Jaehwan answer sadly.

 

“Broke up? What is that?”

 

“It’s when you’re no longer feel that weird feelings again, Taekwoonie.”

 

“Wait. Isn’t that great?”

 

“For people who are in love, no, it’s not good, Taekwoonie. You may not understand it right now, but you’ll understand it when you’re older.”

 

“Urgh. It’s confused me more.” Taekwoon pouts cutely, crossing his hands over his chest. Why is this love disease so confusing? How come no longer feeling those weird symptoms is bad?

 

“What should I do now, hyungie?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I mean, what should I do with this love disease of mine?”

 

“Oh that. Uhm…. Let’s start with stop avoiding me.”

 

“But hyung, those weird symptoms…”

 

“All you have to do is get used to those weird symptoms. The more you resist them, the more they make you feel uncomfortable. If you get used to it, you’ll find those symptoms exciting.” Jaehwan explains to Taekwoon with such gentle voice while caressing Taekwoon’s cheeks. Taekwoon leans into the touch. He gets those symptoms again, only this time they don’t feel weird. Instead they feel so warm and nice. He decides that he likes those symptoms.  

 

“Okay then.” Taekwoon hugs Jaehwan tightly. So warm and nice. Yeah. He definitely like this symptoms.