The Problem

How Old Are You Again?

          “I’m so sorry for causing trouble earlier.” Taekwoon bows his head apologetically. He knows he was wrong for making such a huge commotion between them. But he just couldn’t help it.

 

          “It’s okay, Taekwoonie. We forgave you already. Just don’t repeat it okay.” Hakyeon says calmly.

 

          “Okay.”

 

          “Why did you say such thing hy- Taekwoon-ah.” Hongbin asks him. He still can’t believe his hyung can say such harsh and hurtful words. That was so unlike his hyung. His hyung would never say such words, he’s man of few words and he would always think before he said something so that he would not hurt someone’s feeling.

 

          “I- I- I don’t know.” Taekwoon says with small voice.

 

          “Huh?”

 

          “I don’t know why I said such words to you, especially Hakyeon-hyung and Jaehwan-hyung.”

 

          “That doesn’t make sense, Taekwoon. How could you say such horrible words to Hakyeon-hyung and Jaehwan-hyung without reason?” Wonsik asks him with slightly annoyed tone. He still can’t forgive him yet. Not after he said such horrible words to his lover.

 

          “I know. I’m just- I’m.” Taekwoon finds it hard to find correct word to describe his feeling.

 

          “It’s okay, Taekwoon-ah. Actually, it’s normal for you to have such reaction towards people like us. I mean, we’re the minority, so it’s kind of expected.”

 

          “Jaehwan-ah…” Hakyeon says softly.

 

          “I mean, come one, hyung. We know how much people hate people like us. We’re different, hyung, in bad- no- in disgusting way. People would look down upon us. We’re disgusting living creatures, hyung.”

 

          “No, Jaehwan-ah. It’s okay. They just don’t understand it. They’re too close-minded to understand that love has no borderline. They-“

 

          “Didn’t you see Taekwoon’s reaction earlier? Even he reacted that way, we’re supposed to react that way, not the opposite. How could we become like this, hyung?” Jaehwan looks into Hakyeon’s eyes with sad and disgusted look. They all know this kind of matter is sensitive to him. They all know how weak Jaehwan is when it comes to this. He once tried to kill himself when he realized what kind of person he was. It took them a whole week to assure him that it’s normal for him to be one, to love people you’re not supposed to love by society.

 

          “I’m sorry, hyung.” Taekwoon tries to reach his hyung but he can’t since Jaehwan starts to walk away from them.

 

          “I wa- I want to go- outside for a while. I- I need some fresh air.” Before the rest of them can respond to him, Jaehwan is already in front of the door, closing it rather weakly. This sigh breaks their heart, especially Taekwoon. He’s trying to follow him when Hakyeon stops him to do so.

 

          “Hyung-“

 

          “He’s gonna be okay, Taekwoon-ah. The only thing we can only do now is waiting for him, and never bring this topic over again. Jaehwan is so sensitive with this topic. We know you hate homouals, we understand it, but please, please, please don’t say such harsh-“

 

          “I know. I’m sorry from doing that earlier. I just- didn’t think straight. But hyung, are you sure Jaehwan-hyung is going to be okay. What if he-“

 

          “He’s going to be okay, Taekwoon-ah. Trust me. Jaehwan-hyung may look stupid and cute on the outside, but inside he’s more mature than what you think. Don’t worry. He just need to collect himself.” Wonsik is trying to reassure Taekwoon that Jaehwan is going to be okay, although he himself is worried about his a lot. But he trust his hyung, he has to.

 

          “But-“

 

          “Wonsik-hyung is right. Jaehwan-hyung is more mature than what you think Taekwoon-hy- Taekwoon-ah. Don’t worry. If you feel sorry, you can make it up for him.” Sanghyuk tries to give him a solution.

 

          “How?”

 

          “Well, that’s for you to think about.” As expected from our satan magnae.

 

          “O- okay.”

 

****

 

          Jaehwan walks aimlessly around the city. After walking for minutes, finally his legs give up. He decides to sit on the nearby bench. The night breeze feels somewhat calming. Jaehwan inhales deeply. His mind wanders to the early occurrence. He feels so weak right now. Why does he always feel so weak when it comes to something like this?

 

          His eyes then stop at his finger, where his friendship ring on. He plays with it for a while, memories flash back in his mind. Of their shared dreams, struggles, happiness, sadness, and hearts. And then a certain memory comes.

 

          I love you.

 

          He smiles from remembering the memory. He looks up to the sky, admiring the full moon and starts decorating it. He then gets up from the bench. He need to get back now since it’s pretty late and he’s sure the members are worried about him. He starts to walk back to their dorm. He takes out his phone to text Hakyeon that he’s on his way back. He’s in the middle of texting Hakyeon when he bumps into someone, making him drops his phone.

 

          “Ooff.”

 

          “Oh my God. I’m sorry I didn’t see while walking.” Jaehwan apologizes to the stranger.

 

          “Hahahahaha. It’s okay.” The stranger picks Jaehwan’s phone and hands him back.

 

          “I’m sorry I di- Daewoon-hyung?” And Jaehwan feels that tug in his heart.

 

****

 

          “Urgh. What should I do? What should I give to Jaehwan-hyung?” Taekwoon is circling around the room. He can’t think about any good idea on how to apologize to his hyung. He grabs his hair of frustration. Why can’t he think about anything? Why is he so stupid? Wasn’t he rank 1st in his class? How did he rank 1st when he can’t even think about anything right now?

 

          Taekwoon tries hard to think about the best idea to apologize to his hyung. He looks around to their shared room. This room is already full of One Piece, especially Chopper, things. From figurines to dolls. It means he can’t give him One Piece-related thing.

 

          “This is hard.” He lays himself on his bed. What can he give to his hyung to make up for him? He lays on his bed for minutes but still can’t find good idea. He decides to go out to the kitchen since he feels kind of hungry. He heads out to the kitchen and opens the fridge. He sees Hakyeon’s stack of banana milk. He shakes his head in disbelief. His hyung’s love for banana milk is unbelievable. He then sees Jaehwan’s chocolate cake box with “Eat it and you’ll die” note on it. He lets out a little chuckle seeing this.

 

          “This hyung is really cute. Wait. That’s it! I can make him chocolate cake since it’s his favorite type of cake. That’s it! But I can’t make it. But I can learn to make it. I just have to look for the steps on the internet! That’s it! I’ll make him chocolate cake!” Taekwoon immediately takes out his phone and type chocolate cake receipt on the search bar This is going to be great!

****

A/N: I'm sorry for the late update. My life is getting busier after my grad and I'm planning on taking master and doctor degrees since there's a schoolarship offering. I'm not really satisfied with this update since I made it when I was sick. Still, I need to update this story. I'll make it up to you guys once I'm better. Until then, bye~