The Cruel Reality

How Old Are You Again?

Jaehwan wakes up with a good feeling. After yesterday’s conversation with Taekwoon, which was a little bit “surprising”, he is sure he can make Taekwoon back to his real body soon. I mean, he is in love with him so it is not hard to make him happy, right. It is love after all, one that can make someone flies just from silly reasons. He stretches his arms happily. He looks outside to see the sun shines brightly and beautifully. This is gonna be a good day.

Jaehwan looks to his side, Taekwoon’s bed, to see it empty. Ah~ He must had woken up. He must be so happy since he only wakes up early when he is happy about something. Jaehwan giggles lightly thinking about it. His hyung is so cute without him trying. He folds his blanket neatly, neater than usual, Hongbin must be proud of him. He heads to the bathroom to take his bath. He turns on the handle and lets the water rinses his sleep away. He thinks about everything he wants to do with his hyung. He giggles to himself again. This is gonna be a good day~

He walks out from the bathroom with a towel wrapping his waist. He searches through his closet to see his favorite shirt. He searches for it for minutes but he can’t find it. Where is it? I am sure I washed it already. He searches for it again and again but he still can’t find it. He sighs in disappointment, he really wants to wear that shirt since it’s from Taekwoon. He bought it for him for his 21st birthday. He decides to grab random shirt and pair of jeans. It’s okay. It’s love just a shirt. There’s nothing to be sad for.

Jaehwan steps out from his shared room. He can smell delicious food being cook. He walks to the kitchen to see familiar figure from behind. Who is that? Hongbin? No. His hair is different. Wonsik? As if that sleepyhead has woken up already? Then who is it? Don’t tell me! Jaehwan runs to the “stranger” and taps his shoulder lightly. Don’t tell me! The “stranger” turns his head and yes, it’s no other than Jung Taekwoon, their dearest hyung.
Jaehwan’s mouth opens agape seeing this. He hugs him tightly.

“Oh my God! Hyung! I missed you a lot!” Jaehwan hugs his hyung tighter. Much to his disappointment, his hug is not mutual. Taekwoon shoves him right after he tightens his hug. Jaehwan pouts his lips cutely.

“Hyung~” Jaehwan whines cutely.

“Go away.” Taekwoon says coldly. He backs to stir his soup, ignoring Jaehwan’s whine. Jaehwan pouts cutely seeing his hyung’s cold attitude. He’s observing his hyung when he notices something.

“Hyung! That’s my shirt! Why do you wear it?” Jaehwan points to the shirt Taekwoon is wearing. Taekwoon stops stirring his soup and looks down to the shirt he is wearing.

“So what?” Taekwoon answers coldly before he backs to stir the soup.

“That’s mine, hyung!” Jaehwan crosses his arms on his chest.

“So?” Taekwoon answers casually without tearing his gaze from the pot.

“Give it back to me!” Jaehwan says firmly. That shirt is mine and I want it back. Taekwoon turns his head hearing this. Jaehwan can feel frightening aura omitting from Taekwoon. I made a huge mistake. Jaehwan can feel fear running down his spine. Taekwoon walks slowly to Jaehwan. God, please save me.

“Wait! On second thought, you can wear that, hyung. Yeah. Hehehehe~” Jaehwan says his words but Taekwoon won’t stop walking to his direction. I’m so dead meat.

“Leave.” And Jaehwan runs for his life. He runs back to his shared room. God, his hyung was so scary. He tries to calm down his racing heartbeat. What’s happening? It’s not supposed to be like this. They’re supposed to have cute and lovely moment, not this. He walks to the door, opening it slightly to see his hyung from afar. He can see Taekwoon still making his soup. Jaehwan is watching his hyung secretly until he realizes something. His hyung is definitely not his “hyung”. I mean, he’s his hyung, but he’s still not in his true body. Maybe he’s 18 years old now or something, definitely not in his twenties. He’s slightly shorter compares to his real height. No wonder Jaehwan felt something weird when he hugged him earlier. Jaehwan braves himself to come out from his room. He calls Taekwoon’s name softly.

“Taekwoonie?”

“Stop calling me that name. I’m no longer a child.” Taekwoon brings his soup to the table. He takes two bowls out from the cabinet, placing them on the table. He then sits down and eats his soup. Jaehwan observes him carefully. He’s definitely not in his twenties. Jaehwan is observing Taekwoon when suddenly Taekwoon stops his eating. Jaehwan freezes in his place noticing this. Not again. Taekwoon rises from his seat and walks to Jaehwan. It’s not supposed to be like this. We’re supposed to have a good time. Taekwoon grabs Jaehwan’s hand and leads him to somewhere. Jaehwan complies with this since he doesn’t want to make him angrier than he already is, and because he’s ready to accept his death. Jaehwan closes his eyes since he’s too afraid of it. Mom, dad, I love you so much. Jaehwan feels Taekwoon’s hands on his shoulders and pushes him down to a chair. Heaven, here I come.

“Eat.” Taekwoon says to him. Jaehwan opens his eyes abruptly hearing this.

“Huh?” Jaehwan asks Taekwoon, tilting his head slightly. What did he say?

“Eat. Can’t you see the bowl in front of you?” Jaehwan looks to his front and sees the bowl Taekwoon’s talking about. Ahhh~ He finally gets it now.

“Thanks hyu- Taekwoon-ah. Hehehehe~” Jaehwan smiles to Taekwoon sweetly. Taekwoon takes some soup from the pot to continue his eating, definitely not to hide his blush.

“Woah~ This is so delicious, Hyung- I mean, Taekwoon. How did you make it?” Jaehwan says in delight. His hyung is the best when it comes to cooking, and singing of course.

“You’ll gonna be a great husband, Taekwoon-ah~” Jaehwan teases him. Jaehwan please have mercy on yourself.

“Shut up.” Taekwoon ducks his head to hide his now obvious blush.

“Awwwww~ Are you blushing right now? Cuteeee~” Jaehwan can see Taekwoon’s ears turning into red.

“Cuteee~ Taekcutieeee~” Jaehwan teases him more, forgetting the fact that he’s still a lion, although he’s not a fully grown one. Taekwoon rises from his seat and Jaehwan finally realizes the situation. Why did I do that? I’m so stupid.

“Wa- wait hyu- I mean Taekwoon. I- I didn’t mean it. Hehehehe~” Jaehwan feels so small right now. Please God not again. Taekwoon is ready to kill Jaehwan when they hear rather annoying sound from behind.

“Taekwoonieeeeeeee~ You’re baaaaack~” Yes. It’s no other than Cha Hakyeon. Hakyeon runs and hugs Taekwoon. Taekwoon tries to escape the hug only to make Hakyeon tightening his hug. He sighs in defeat. What did he do wrong to get this?

“I thought I would never see you again. I missed you so much my dearest friend. Finally you’re back. My lifelong friend~” Hakyeon fakes a cry. Taekwoon sees him as if he’s such a strange creature.

“What’s with the noise, babe?” Wonsik comes out from his shared room. He rubs his eyes, trying to make the sleep goes away.

“Look at him. Our Taekwoon is back.” Hakyeon says to Wonsik, still hugging Taekwoon. Wonsik opens his eyes wide hearing this. He rubs his eyes hard to see whether it’s real or not.

“Hyung! I thought we’d never see you again! I was so worried!” Wonsik runs to Taekwoon to hug him too. Now Taekwoon has Hakyeon and Wonsik on both sides. He has no escape.

“Why are you guys so noisy? It’s still early.” They can hear their magnae’s voice.

“Yeah. We have no schedule today. Why are you guys up so early?” Hongbin walks to the source of the commotion with Sanghyuk following behind. It’s still 07.30 am yet their hyungs are already making such noise? Is it so hard to have a lazy peaceful morning?

“What are you guys doing?” Hongbin asks his hyungs. His hyungs are currently squeezing a hopeless man (judging from the way he doesn’t put a fight). He can’t see his face clearly since they’re blocking his view. He can’t see him but somehow he looks familiar.

“Kong-ah look at him. Our Taekwoonie~” Hakyeon says to Hongbin cheerfully.

“Taekwoon hyung???” Hongbin and Sanghyuk say in unison. Hakyeon turns the guy’s face to the left, facing the evil duo.

“Oh my God! Hyung!” Hongbin and Sanghyuk run to hug him. It’s his hyung.

“Oh my God, hyung. I missed you so much.” Hongbin says to Taekwoon. Now Taekwoon really has no escape. He has Hakyeon on his left, Wonsik on his right, Hongbin on his front and Sanghyuk on his back.

“I thought I had to sell my soul to make you back, hyung.” Sanghyuk says his lame joke. Jaehwan chuckles seeing this. They look so cute like that. Taekwoon, on the other hand, feels so done with them. Why does he have to have such a morning?
They are enjoying the moment until Hakyeon realizes something. He is taller than Taekwoon which is impossible (though he hopes so). He lets go his hug to observe him.

“Wait a minute. You’re not Taekwoon.” Hakyeon says while eyeing Taekwoon’s body from head to toes.

“What?” Hakyeon’s words make WonHyukBin let go of their hugs. What does his hyung mean?

“What do you mean, hyung?” Sanghyuk asks Hakyeon.

“Yeah, babe. What do yo- wait. You’re not Taekwoon hyung.” Wonsik finally realizes what Hakyeon means.

“I mean you’re Taekwoon, but not Taekwoon hyung.” Wonsik corrects his words.

“Of course I’m not your hyung. You’re older than me. Why do you guys keep on calling me hyung? I’m only 17 for God’s sake. Hell we even celebrated my birthday yesterday. Do you guys forget it? God you guys are so old.” Taekwoon breaks free from the suffocating hug. Finally.

“17?” Sanghyuk asks in disbelieve. He observes his hyung carefully. He looks younger and shorter. Well, he does look like he’s in his teens.

“Yeah. Why do you guys look so shocked? Do you expect something else from me?”

“Are you sure you’re not 25?” Hongbin asks him, trying to deny the reality.

“25?! Are you crazy? I’m not that old. What the hell is wrong with you guys?” Taekwoon says in disbelieve. What the hell is wrong with them? 25? What the hell.

“I thought finally we had Taekwoon back.” Hakyeon says sadly, leaning his body towards Wonsik’s body. He thought finally he got his whole group back. Guess it’s too good to be true now.

“It’s okay, babe. Don’t worry. Everything is gonna be alright soon.” Wonsik hugs Hakyeon, giving his forehead a kiss to comfort him.

“OH MY GOOOODDDD!!!! YOU GUYS ARE GAYS???!!!!” Taekwoon screams his lung out, making all eyes on him. Don’t tell me.

“OH MY GOD! I CAN’T BELIVE IT! YOU GUYS ARE GAYS? OH MY GOD! THIS IS DISGUSTING!” Uh oh. Trouble.

 

A/N: I'm sorry for taking it so long. I was writing my thesis. God. It was so hard >< And I will have my thesis presentation in weeks. God. I'm so nervous >< I know it's short, lame, bad and everything in negative. Sorry about it. Anyway, thanks for reading and have a nice day~

Okay, some of you may think that things going so far. I'll explain it. As you may notice, the happier Taekwoon is, the faster he grows up. He was so happy when he finally accepted his feeling for Jaehwan so he grew up so fast. Taekwoon knew nothing about love (previous chapter) so he thought loving the same was okay, but as he reached his teens (late teens or this chapter) he thinks that loving the same is taboo so that's why he against Navi (and later Hyukbin ups spoiler). I hope this can clear you questions. Thank you very much.