The Incurable Disease

How Old Are You Again?

                Taekwoon keeps on avoiding Jaehwan that day. He does all his might just to avoid him. Starting from making lame excuses to avoid him to keeps on talking to the other hyungs. Taekwoon’s acts make Jaehwan confuses. He wants to make Taekwoon happy in attempt to make him back to his real age, but Taekwoon keeps on avoiding him. He doesn’t even talk to him. Jaehwan keeps on questioning himself whether he had done something so wrong until Taekwoon doesn’t want to talk to him. They did good this morning though. He means Taekwoon ate the food he made and. Wait. Did Jaehwan upset Taekwoon because he called Hongbin with his nick this morning? But Taekwoon said he forgave him already. So what makes Taekwoon keeps on avoiding at him? Jaehwan grabs his hair out of frustration. He needs to make Taekwoon backs to his true self cause their comeback is in front of their eyes. How can they make a comeback without their hyung? Especially when they're supposed to share the high notes. He needs to change him asap.

 

                On the other hand, Taekwoon is still locking himself in their shared room. He decides this is the best solution so far since if he goes outside he will meet his you-are-supposed-to-be-my-favorite-hyung-yet-you-give-me-this-weird-feeling hyung. His stomach keeps on making such weird flips and everytime he thinks about his lovely-sweet-cute-kind-handsome-perfect hyung he can feel both of his cheeks burning. What is happening to him? He wants to ask one of his hyungs (except Jaehwan of course) but it means he needs to go out from his room which means he will meet his why-are-you-giving-me this-weird-feeling-when-you-are-my-favorite hyung which means he will get this weird feeling again. How about no to that. But he won’t deny the fact that his hyung is so cute, lovely, and sweet and he can feels his stomach making those weird flips again. What is going on to him? But he admits this it feels so good.

 

                Minutes passes and Taekwoon decides that hiding in his room won’t do anything good for him. When the night falls, he will absolutely meet Jaehwan. But wait, he can ask his other hyung to sleep with him instead, right. Buutttt he wants to see his favorite hyung’s sleeping face since he looks so innocent when he sleeps and here comes those weird flips again. This needs to stop! Taekwoon decides that he will go out from his room to ask the other hyungs. He open the door slightly to see whether Jaehwan is here or not. Much to his delight he can’t see Jaehwan’s presence so he decides to go out from his room. He finds a note on the table saying:

 

                To: Taekwoonie~

                My lovely Taekwoonie~ Hyung is away right now. I have something important to do. I hope you don’t mind to be alone for a while. Don’t worry Hyukie Hyuk will be back in minutes. You can play with him. I’ll be back in a while. Oh and I made you some cupcakes. I hope you like it. Bye~ I love you~

 

                From: Jaehwanie hyung

 

                Taekwoon is just standing at his place without moving. His mind is trying to process the whole things. His mind is so hazy until he can’t hear the door being opened.

 

                “I’m home and hungry.” Sanghyuk shouts from the front door. He walks to the dining room to find Taekwoon standing freeze. He walks closer to him to examine him.

 

                “What’s wrong, hyung I mean Taekwoonie? Are you sick?” he asks his hyung since his hyung is unmoving. He then place his hand on his forehead to check his temperature.

 

                “You’re not burning but your cheeks are so red. Are you okay, Taekwoonie?” he asks his hyung once again only to receive nothing as his answer. Taekwoon is still freezing from his place. Sanghyuk waves his hand in front of him

 

                “Taekwoonie? Taekwoonie? Hello. Earth to Taekwoon. Do you hear me? Hello.” Sanghyuk keeps on waving his hand in front of him and finally he gets some responses from him seconds later.

 

                “Ye… Yes. Oh hyung! You’re back!” Taekwoon hugs Sanghyuk immediately. This makes Sanghyuk confuses but he hugs him back nonetheless.

 

                “Yeah. I’m back. What happened to you by the way? You were standing still here for a while and you didn’t answer my questions. And why are your cheeks so red? Are you sick?” Sanghyuk gives him his concern look.

 

                “Uhm. Kind of. But it’s so weird. Really weird.” Taekwoon looks at his feet. He unconsciously play with the hem of his shirt since he feels so embarrassed about it.

 

                “What do you mean?” Sanghyuk tilts his head a bit. What’s so weird about being sick? Being sick is painful, not weird.

 

                “I mean I always get all nervous whenever I see Jaehwan hyung and my stomach keeps on making those weird flips. Not to mention my burning cheeks…. But it feels nice to be honest.” Taekwoon bows his head since he feels so embarrassed.

 

                “An… And I get this weird feeling again when I read this note from Jaehwanie hyung.” Taekwoon hands Sanghyuk the note. Both of them can see Taekwoon’s trembling hand when he hands him the note. Sanghyuk reads the note carefully just to let a smile forms on his face. He then look at Taekwoon and gives him his mischievous look.

 

                “Let me ask you something. Did you start to get those weird feeling when you read that “My lovely Taekwoonie” part?” Taekwoon looks up to his hyung, giving him his surprised look.

 

                “And you got more nervous when you read that “I made you some cupcakes” part?” Sanghyuk’s voice starts to get more serious.

 

                “How…”

 

                “And you feel like killing Hongbin hyung since Jaehwan hyung keeps on calling him with his nick?” and serious. This is bad. Maybe he’s suffering from severe disease.

 

                “How can you….” Taekwoon can’t finish his words since Sanghyuk places his hand on his shoulder. He looks up to his hyung and look at his face. The look on his hyung’s face says it all. Taekwoon decides to receive the fact that he’s suffering from a severe disease, maybe even worst, maybe he is suffering from an incurable disease. He is gonna die. Die. Jung Taekwoon is gonna die.

 

                “I’m so sorry, Taekwoonie.” This is it. He is gonna leave this world. He is gonna leave his favorite hyung. Nooooooooooooooo.

 

                “I think you’re suffering from an incurable disease.” Noooooooooo. This is not happening. He still want to live. He still want to spend his time with Jaehwanie hyung more.

 

                “This kind of disease has a very expensive cure. Even richest man in this world can’t buy it with his money.” He can feels his legs become a jelly. This is nonsense. He is too young to die. He still want to hold hands with his Jaehwanie hyung.

 

                “I’m so sorry, Taekwoonie but I think you’re suffering a deathly disease called love.” This is it. Taekwoon cries his heart out after hearing the news. Why he has to suffering such deathly disease? Why does it has to be him? What about his Jaehwan hyung? He must be so sad when he hears it. He decides that he hates this love disease.

 

                “I’m *hiccup gonna d *hiccup *dieeeee *hiccup.”

 

                “It’s okay, Taekwoonie. We’ll looking for the cure for you.” Sanghyuk hugs Taekwoon to comfort him as a good hyung yet the smile on his face says the otherwise.

 

                “B *hiccup but I’m *hiccup gonna di *hiccup die.” Taekwoon hugs his hyung tighter. Why? Why? Whyyyyyyyyy?

 

                “No you’re not. We’re gonna safe you. Don’t worry.” Sanghyuk keeps on teasing his unsuspecting hyung. His hyung is too innocent to be true. He can’t help but to . This kind of opportunity won’t come twice, right? Taekwoon is sobbing in his hug when he hears Jaehwan’s voice.

 

                “I’m home. Taekwoonie~ I bought you something~” Taekwoon wastes no time to run to his hyung. He hugs him immediately. Jaehwan is confused with the sudden hug until he hears him sobbing.

 

                “What’s wrong, Taekwoonie?” Jaehwan let go of the hug to see Taekwoon’s face. He wipes the tears away from his lovely face. Jaehwan looks up to Sanghyuk just to see him wearing his mischievous smile. This magnae.

 

                “Han Sanghyuk. What have you done to him?” Jaehwan asks the magnae. He must be the one responsible for this.

 

                “I’m gonna dieeeeeeeeeeee.” Taekwoon’s words grab Jaehwan attention. He looks down to Taekwoon and place his hand on his right cheek.

 

                “Why did you say such words, Taekwoonie? You’re not gonna die.” Jaehwan says to Taekwoon with such a sweet lovely voice. He hopes it would calm him down.

 

                “I’m gonna die. I have an incurable disease. I’m gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeee.” Taekwoon hugs Jaehwan again. He can’t bear the thought of him leaving this world, or leaving his Jaehwan hyung to be exact. Jaehwan wants to comfort him and telling him it is not true when he feels a hand on his shoulder. He looks up to see the magnae giving him such weird look.

 

                “Come with me, hyung. I need to tell you something important.” Sanghyuk says to Jaehwan, face looks so serious as if he is going to tell Jaehwan the most important secret in this world.

 

                “What’s so funny about Taekwoon crying magnae ah. You’re too much this time. I wo…”

 

                “That’s why I need you to come with me, hyung.”

 

                “Huh?”

 

                “Aish hyung. Just come with me.” Sanghyuk is getting frustrated on asking Jaehwan. Why is his hyung being so persistent? What is so hard in coming with him for a couple minutes?

 

                “But Taekwoon is still crying.” Jaehwan pets Taekwoon’s head. He can’t leave him when he is still crying. It breaks his heart. Plus he still has a mission to do.

 

                “Come on hyung. Just for a couple minutes.” Jaehwan looks down to Taekwoon. He is sobbing in his embrace but the look on Sanghyuk face says that he is serious about it. Maybe he can leave him for a couple minutes. It won’t hurt, right?

 

                “Taekwoonie, look. Hyungie has to go. Hyungie wants to talk to Hyuk hyung. Wait here okay.” Jaehwan lifts Taekwoon’s head so that they face each other. He cares his face softly, wishing it would calm his crying.

 

                “Don’t leave me, hyungie.” Taekwoon hugs him immediately. He doesn’t want his hyung to leave him. What if he died when his hyung left?

 

                “It’s just for a couple minutes, Taekwoonie dear. I promise it won’t that long.” Jaehwan gives Taekwoon his smile that makes Taekwoon’s heart beats faster. He automatically nod to his hyung. He just can’t say no to that smile. It’s so blindingly beautiful. He wants to see that smile more often.

 

                “Thank you, Taekwoonie. Wait here, okay. Hyungie will be back in minutes.” Jaehwan gives Taekwoon a hug before he leaves. Taekwoon touches his chest to feel his heartbeat. He can feel his heart thundering and please don't ask him about his stomach. He decides that he hates this love disease, or so he thought.

 

****

 

                "What is it, magnae? What do you want to tell me?" Jaehwan asks Sanghyuk once they are far enough from Taekwoon.

 

                "Hyung, I think Taekwoon hyung is in love with you." Sanghyuk says to Jaehwan in serious tone.

 

                "Hyukie, please it's not time to... "

 

                "I'm serious, hyung." Sanghyuk gives Jaehwan his serious face which surprises Jaehwan.

 

                "What do you mean by that? How did you know it?" How can Sangyuk said that?  Taekwoon is too young to fall in love. It doesn’t make sense.

 

                "He told me when you were away, hyung."

 

                "He told you that he loves me? Hyuk ah, he's too young to know what love is. Stop this nonsense okay. There's no way he knows what love is. Now tell me what you did to Taekwoon hyung until he's crying like that. Not to mention he kept on saying he's gonna die." Jaehwan crosses his hands in front of his chest. Sanghyuk is too much this time. How can he lied to him? Saying Taekwoon's is in love with him. He is 12 for God's sake. This magnae is really something. Maybe he can teach him a lesson so that he won't bother his hyung again. Jaehwan decides to gives Sanghyuk head lock.

 

                "Awww.  Hyung, that's hurts. Awww.   No. You got it wrong, hyung. Hyung, it hurts.  He told me indirectly that he's in love with you. Stop it, hyung. I'm telling you the truth. Awwww." Sanghyuk is pleading to his hyung to let go of his head lock since it does hurt.

 

                "Stop lying to me, Han Sanghyuk" Jaehwan only tightening his head lock hearing Sanghyuk's words.

 

                "That's the truth, hyung. Awww. Let go of your head lock. Awwww. And let me explain it to you. Awww. Hyuuung"

 

                "Fine then. I give you one minute to explain it to me. Don't you even dare to lie to me, magnae." Jaehwan decides to give Sanghyuk a chance to explain himself. Of course he doesn’t forget to give him his warning. He won't let go of Sanghyuk this time if he catch him lying to him.

 

                "When I got home, I saw Taekwoon hyung standing freeze in dining room. I asked him whether he felt sick or not since he was unmoving. He told me that he felt weird whenever he saw you. He said he would get weird flips in his stomach and he could feel both of his cheeks burning.  And then he gave me the note you wrote him and when I asked him whether he got that feeling again when he read that "My lovely Taekwoonie" and "I made you some cupcakes" part or not. He didn't answer me but I could see the answer from his face. And when I asked him he must felt like killing Hongbin hyung when you called him with his nick, he only gave me his disbelieve look. I'm sure he's in love with you, hyung. There's no way to deny it." Sanghyuk says to Jaehwan with confident. He is sure Taekwoon is falling in love with Jaehwan.

 

                “Wha… What?” Jaehwan is trying to proceed what Sanghyuk had said.

 

                “I said Taekwoon hyung is falling in love with you, hyung.”

 

                “Impossible.”

 

                “That’s the truth, hyung. You can see it yourself if you don’t believe me. I’m sure Taekwoon hyung will be all nervous and blushing when you act all sweet to him. It’s so obvious.” Sanghyuk crosses his arms over his chest. Why is it so hard to convince this hyung?

 

                “Fine then. I’ll try that. But if I find nothing, then you will be so dead meat, magnae.” Jaehwan thinks maybe this is not a bad idea. Besides, he still has a mission to make Taekwoon happy. Yeah, this is not a bad idea. But what if Sanghyuk’ right? What if Taekwoon’s indeed in love with him? Well, he is in love with Taekwoon so if Taekwoon’s indeed in love with him, it means he is not suffering from one sided love. But what if Sanghyuk’s lying to him. He is not ready for a heartbreak yet. But he has to do it, right? It’s not like he has a choice. Like it or not, ready or not, he has to make Taekwoon happy no matter what. Jaehwan gathers up his courage and heads back to Taekwoon. You can do it, Lee Jaehwan. Hwaiting!

 

A/N I’m so sorry for the super late update. I’ve been busy with my research and I was sick for a month that’s why I took me so long to update this story. I hope you like it. Thank you for subscribing this story even when I didn’t update it for a long time. I hope I didn’t disappoint you guys. See you guys. I love you.