The Surprise

How Old Are You Again?

“Hyung why are you spacing out a lot lately?” Jaehwan asks his hyung since he finds Taekwoon spacing out again.

 

“I just… You know… I just thinking about what my sisters said to me.” Taekwoon answers him, still looking at the view outside their dorm.

 

“About?” Jaehwan asks him again, trying to get his attention.

 

“My childhood time. I mean my sisters told me I was such a cutie back then. I just trying to remember it and I can’t.” Taekwoon finally shift his attention to Jaehwan, sadness can be seen in his eyes.

 

“It’s okay, hyung. It’s not that bad okay. I can’t really remember my childhood too you know. You’re not alone hyung.” Jaehwan tries to console his hyung, patting his shoulder to reassure him.

 

“But why did they said if they could return to the time when I were little, they would sell their souls?” Taekwoon answers him back, raising his voice slightly.

 

“I don’t know, hyung?” Jaehwan answers his helplessly since he can’t find an answer to his question. It makes him curious too. Just how different Taekwoon is in his childhood time to the extent their sisters will sell their soul just to see it once again.

 

“Argh. It’s so frustrating!” Taekwoon grabs his hair, stomping his feet in frustration.

 

“Stop thinking about it, hyung. You will just stress yourself. Cheer up.” Jaehwan tries to console his hyung again. Really. Why is he so persistent about it anyway, though he does admit he wants to see little Taekwoon too.

 

“You know I wish I could turn back into my younger self. I want to see what I look like back then.” Taekwoon looks at the ceiling above them, wishing whole heartedly.

 

“But you can’t, hyung. You’re 24 years old grown up man. Stop overthinking about it, hyung. You need to sleep since it’s 2 am already. I know we have no schedule tomorrow but still you need to sleep.” Jaehwan drags his hyung to his bed.

 

“But still…” Taekwoon tries to argue once again.

 

“No buts now go to sleep, hyung. Maybe it will help you to ease your mind. Stop overthinking about it okay. No good will come, hyung.” Jaehwan pulls the blanket up to cover Taekwoon’s body. Taekwoon doesn’t complain or give him death glare to his surprise. Maybe this I-want-to-remember-my-childhood-time thing really stress him up.

 

“Maybe you’re right. Good night, Jae.”

 

“Good night, hyung.”

 

They will never expect the surprise they will get the next morning.

 

****

 

            Tug tug tug

           

 

“Urgh. Five minutes more, hyung.” Jaehwan groans, pulling his blanket up to cover his body. Jaehwan can feel his body being shaken violently. He’s still sleepy but this person, mostly Taekwoon, keeps on shaking his body. Why is he making such noise this early? They’re free anyway and he needs his beauty sleep so bad.

 

            “I’m hungry.” And Jaehwan is pretty sure that’s not Taekwoon’s voice sounds like. Jaehwan gets up from his bed only to find a cute little boy beside his bed.

 

            “Woah. Woah. Woah. Wait a sec. Who are you, kid? How in the world do you get inside my room? And where is Taekwoon-hyung? Taekwoon-hyung?” Jaehwan looks to his left only to find Taekwoon’s bed empty.

 

            “I’m hungry. Mommy. I need my mommy. Mommy. I’m hungry” Jaehwan can see tears starting to form in the child’s eyes.

 

            “Okay. Okay. I get it. But first you have to tell me who are you, where are you come from and where is your mommy?” Jaehwan tries to soothe the kid, patting his head lightly.

 

            “My name is Jung Taekwoon and I’m from Seoul. I don’t have any idea how I can be here. I just woke up minutes ago and I’m here already. I miss my mommy and I’m hungry. Uweeeeeeee.”

 

            Jaehwan can only drop his jaw hearing the boy’s confession. This is not happening.

 

A/N This is short. I know it. So what do you think? Yay or nay?