Sing with Me!

Sing With Me

 

Narrative P.O.V

Hongki sat next to Eunjung’s bed for the past few weeks, hoping she will wake up. He cried endlessly every day and every night, while begging for recovery. The band mates made visits almost every day but it was mainly Hongki who stayed there for almost every night.  

It’s been almost a full month since she’s been in a coma, and everyone feared she wouldn’t wake up. Hyomin wasn’t welcomed in the room whenever Hongki was in there. Hongki wanted to be by her side alone at almost all times. He would sing lullabies and her favorite songs every hour, hoping she will wake up and sing along with him like she would usually do.

“This must be a dream, this must be a dream. Don’t fool me; I hate how I’m left alone. I pray not for my happiness but for misfortune. For your sake, not for me; even when I look back again, you, you’re my life. Even if I look at you thousands of times, I’m your love. Approved by the heavens, you’re my love we’ve been separated for a while, that’s all.” Hongki sings whilst streams of tears pour from his eyes. “Why aren’t you singing with me?” Hongki pounds his chest in agony.

“She won’t be able to hear you. She’s deep asleep, Hongki…” Jaejin starts to tear up as well. “Look at your eyes, their swollen, with dark circles around. You need some sleep. Have you been even eating Hongki? You look like you lost a ton of weight,” Jaejin nags in worry. “I’m fine, just leave me alone,” Hongki says without keep his eyes off of Eunjung. Jaejin sighs and offers Hongki a plate of fruits while heading towards the door. “I’m sorry Jae,” Hongki says. “It’s okay, just remember to take care of yourself, okay?” Jaejin smiles faintly before leaving the room.

Hongki grabs a bottle of lotion and messages her hands with the moisturizer. “When I apply this, it will make your hand really soft and pretty,” Hongki looks at her and smiles, while conversing with her as if she were awake. Day by day, Hongki was becoming more crazily obsessed with Eunjung, but who could blame him? He was madly in love with her, and was vulnerably upset about her condition.

“Eunjung, you got really skinny. Don’t go on a diet, it’s not healthy,” Hongki tries to feed her some fruits but obviously didn’t open. Hongki sighs and places the plate down on the counter next to him. He brushes her cheek with his thumb and whimpers, “why are you so cold?” He brings over another blanket and covers her body with it, “are you warmer now?” Hongki asks though he knew he wouldn’t get a response.

“When you wake up, I promise to take you on a date. Maybe we can do karaoke again, and sing our favorite songs together,” Hongki smiles and starts singing again.
“As long as I'm with you

I can't go wrong

Oh baby what you do to me?

You're the one

I've been trying to see you

For such a long long time

Maybe I'm just sad to face that I was out of line

When it comes to loving you

All the things that I would do

Been waiting for this day for far too long

I never could imagine it so strong

As long as I'm with you, I can't go wrong

Oh baby what you do to me?

You're the one.”
“Remember when you sang that to me? I was really happy, because I, too believe you are my one,” Hongki kisses her cheek and hums again to the beat of the music, “you’re supposed to sing along with me,” Hongki hums louder this time, “why aren’t you singing with me? I’m doing the rhythm for you,” Hongki cries in frustration, “why can’t you just sing with me?”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not updating in a while~ I was really busy with a lot of school work and training (for track)