A Saccharine Song of Undying Love

Sing With Me

 

Eunjung P.O.V

We arrived inside a sushi restaurant and sat ourselves inside a booth on the right side. I was about to scoot inside till Hyomin barged in and took my spot. I didn’t want to sit next to her so I sat myself at the reflected side of the booth, facing her, “Hongki sit here~” she said. Hongki refused as he slid into the same booth as me, and closely attached his arm around me, “I want to accompany my kitty,” he faced me, revealing his bright smile… I was completely speechless; I would have never thought I would find myself attracted to Hongki, who only thought of me as his childhood friend or as his “little sister.” “Who am I kidding? I shouldn’t be liking him… Especially not now. He and Hyomin are more compatible together than me and Hongki…”

Hyomin stood up from her seat and went to the washroom… She looked a bit angry and clustered…

“Eunjung, gwetchana?” Hongki pouted. I turned my head to face him, and he was so close to me that the tip of our nose touched. Before I got my change to move away, he landed a peck on my lips. My eyes were in shock at the sudden kiss that I was completely speechless… Omo! I broke out of his embrace and focused onto the wall next to me, to avoid my embarrassment in my facial expressions.

I was flushed pink, and my heart was pumping so fast, that I felt the adrenaline rush into my veins. My hormones arose and I couldn’t stop this feeling inside of me. The sensation I received just now was more effective compared to the first kiss he stole from me… It felt like a stream of drugs entered into my system, and uncontrollably prickling my heart in the most delightful way possible…

It felt surreal… Though I knew for fact this was reality… Cause I felt his hand tightly gripping onto mine, the back of it with his thumb; reassuring that his presence was there… Then a flashback played in my mind…

I sat in front of a doorstep of a house, as I cried loudly after my parent’s departure… He sat next to me, and held my hand, til I stopped crying… He was always there, supporting me and caring for me, when my parent’s didn’t… “Eunjung…?” Hongki said worriedly, as I snapped back into reality, “Ne?” I smiled, trying to calm my hormones, and heartbeat… “Let’s order food…” Jaejin suggested.

Jaejin P.O.V

Is this a dream? Are my eye’s deceiving me? Did he really just kiss her in front of me? My heart is too sensitive to handle things like this… Why did he have to do that? Eyes cannot unsee things, nor does a brain erase memories that easily… My heart shattered as she turned bright pink and was still holding onto his hand…

She likes him…

My feelings finally unraveled, as I realized, I actually love her… My eyes started to water, and a lump started to burden my throat…

I avoided eye contact at all costs, and I couldn’t bear to speak up, for I was scared of the consequences my heart had to endure.

Hyomin P.O.V

I walked into the washroom and stared at myself in the mirror. My reflection looked back at me, a girl who resembled exactly like me but reflected the opposite of my true self. The scars underneath my face are hidden, and all the lies are still buried in my heart. I told myself I would never open up those memories but why is it that every time I see her, the pain of my flashbacks starts flooding back into my mind?

I washed my hands and walked out of the bathroom. I took a deep breath and exhaled, trying to relieve my stress. I walked back confidently towards the booth and sat next to Jae… Damn it I wanted to sit next to Hongki… Stupid Eunjung..

Hongki P.O.V

My phone rang and the caller ID read, “Suzy,” I untangled my fingers from Eunjung and answered the call, “Ah Suzy~ Merry Christmas!” Eunjung stared at me with her eyes bulging out, “UNNIE! UNNIE UNNIE!!” she chanted happily and stealing the phone from my hand. I laughed at her adorableness, “yah! Calm down! You crazy kitten…” :P

Eunjung P.O.V

“Omo! Suzy!! Merry Christmas!! I miss you like crazy!!” I squealed. “I miss you too!!” she said. ^^ “Guess what Eunjung? In a month or 2 I might be able to visit you!”

“CHETNCHA?” I exclaimed. “Ahh!! I’m so excited!!”

“Eunjungie, is hongki treating you alright?” Suzy worried.

Every time I hear Hongki’s name being mentioned it made me blush and my heart swell… I gulped, “eung… He’s really caring…” I said nervously.

“Gwetchana? Your voice just trailed off…”  

“Ah.. Mian.. I just got distracted because of all the food that just got piled on the table…” I chuckled.

“Oh! Sorry! I didn’t know you guys were having dinner! >3< anyways I need to go~  I will call you later!! And don’t have too much fun with Hongki… I know you love him and all but just remember he is really stupid sometimes… :P” she reminded…

“Wait! WHA! ITS NOT LIKE THAT!” it was too late… she hung up already…

“Omo… she still remembers my first crush?” I thought in my head, “but how does she know I still like him?”

Hongki P.O.V

“YOU DIDN’T EVEN LET ME TALK TO SUZY!” I scowled. “Sorry. She said she was busy…” she said. After the food arrived, we dug in and ate every sushi that was on the menu. It was so yummy! ^^ I decided to pay for the bill, because I felt generous today… And I wanted everyone else to enjoy themselves without the expenses.

After dinner we went to the karaoke room and we ordered a few bottles of beer.

Hyomin picked up the microphone and selected a song, “Good person,”

I was wearing clothes that you liked

 and we get together, walking along with you

 if you happen to meet me

 you might regret throwing me away

 Everyone says i look happy because

 my love is better, they say it's a good thing

 eunjung: to that person, to be sorry forever

 it's my love that will make you suffer

Though i smile, my heart is crying

 i hope you're in pain, though i'm suffering more

 i'm telling myself i'm happy, and i can be happier

 though i'm trying to lie to my heart, it won't listen…

Her voice was a bit off tune… Though her effort showed, after she started tearing up a bit… I pretended I didn’t know that song was meant for me… I didn’t want to face her crying state again… I drowned myself with beer to numb the guilt…

“Eunjung~ Please sing,” I said in a whiny voice. She kept on refusing but I didn’t accept no for an answer… She finally caved in after all the aegyo I offered and she picked up the microphone…  She sang one of our songs, “The one.”

“As long as I'm with you

 I can't go wrong

 Oh baby what you do to me?

 You're the one

I've been trying to see you

 For such a long long time

 Maybe I'm just sad to face that I was out of line

 When it comes to loving you

 All the things that I would do

Been waiting for this day for far too long

 I never could imagine it so strong

 As long as I'm with you, I can't go wrong

 Oh baby what you do to me?

 You're the one”

She sang beautifully. :) My heart was at ease by her incredible singing voice and English fluency… I put down my bottle and sat her onto my lap. I hugged her tightly into my arms and rested my head onto her shoulder… She smelt like … Jaejin? Why does she smell like him!?!? Before I was going to ask Jaejin started to sing another one of our songs,

“I open my eyes that will not open.

 To find your marks, to find your memories.

 Don't forget to remember

 My heart is like

 I still in love with you..”

I cut him off immediately stealing Jaejin’s microphone and sang my original part in the song. I looked up directly into Eunjung’s eyes as she sat calmly on my lap, and her face leaning to my direction…

“All I want is you, my girl.

 Ill be there for you always.

 Even if I live inside cold tears,

 All I want is you, my girl.

 Ill be there fore you always.

 My love is only one person.

 You'll be in my heart...”

Jaejin P.O.V

-___-“ I wanted to sing that part to Eunjung! Why does Hongki have to be such a troublesome!? Can’t he just give me a chance?

After the singing session we drank like crazy, except for Hyomin since she was planned to be the designated driver…

Even though we highly suggest Eunjung not to drink because of her age, she insisted on drinking… We let her anyways, since we drank illegally a while ago as well… So we forgave her this once…

It was midnight and we were all exhausted so we went back to our dorm, and Hyomin went back home after she dropped us off.