Enthralled Slumber

Sing With Me

Decided to update twice...

Hyomin P.O.V

My hands shook in tremor, “Oh no, what have I done?” I quickly grabbed out my phone from my pocket and dialed 119. My heart paced when hearing the other end ringing, “please be okay…” I cried next to Eunjung while crutching down near her. “What seems to be the problem miss?” an elder woman spoke into my ear, “there was a car accident, and…” I gulped in distress, “a-a-and,” my voice stammered, followed by my hands juddering non-stop, “a girl. A g-girl is. I-i-injured…” I couldn’t help my stuttering.

“Th-theres.. Blood… EVERYWHERE!” My eyes went in shock as I looked at the blood that dripped off the palm of my hand. I whimpered louder, and my words became all slurred. “Miss! Miss!” the women shouted. “It’s going to be alright, just tell us the address and we will be on our way,” she said calmly. I looked around to find the street address but I couldn’t keep my eyes off of my damaged car, and Eunjung’s injured body. My throat felt compressed from the muscles of my esophagus, like it would usually do whenever I was upset. I gulped, trying to make out my words once more, “Um… Yeon Chung Deol… In front of Whimoon high school.”

“The ambulance is on their way, try to keep calm and secure her onto the sidewalk,” the women said before she hung up. I dragged Eunjung off of the street and placed her onto the sidewalk, the way she instructed me.

A police car pulled in and an officer came out, “what happened?” he walked over to me. I didn’t know what to say and the only thing that came out was tears from my eyes. I probably looked terrible crying like a pathetic fool in front of the police, but I felt so guilty and terrified, I just couldn’t hold it in.  “Miss, it’s going to be alright, just report to me what happened.” The police officer tried to calm me down.

I hear panting and running from behind me. I turned around and looked at the familiar adult who was heading my way. Both of us exchanged looks and were a tad surprised. “Hyomin?” said the adult whose name was Wonbin. I averted my eyes and wasn’t in the mood to act polite. I sat next to Eunjung and begged her to wake up, ignoring the police officer next to me.

“Oh my god!” Wonbin’s face went pale, “What happened to Eunjung!?” he started to tear up.
“I accidently…” I stopped and couldn’t admit the dreadful deed I had caused.
“I was just with her in the music room a few minutes ago… And now this happens?” he cupped his mouth trying to hold in his fury. He choked on air and his cheeks were soaked by his tears. He looked up in the sky and whispered, “I promised her mother I would take good care of her...” He stopped and crutched down next to Eunjung, placing a palm on her forehead.
I patted his back with my hand, trying to comfort him though I felt more afraid then he was, “I’m sorry Wonbin…” I paused and realized, “wait, but… How do you know her?” I asked nonchalantly, trying to hide my anxiety.
He gulps and looks back in the sky, trying to let his tears sink back in his eyes. He looks at me and says, “her mother and I were good friends,” he bit the bottom of his lip.

I heard a loud siren from a distance and it soon became louder as an ambulance approached in front of us. The paramedics carried Eunjung onto the stretcher and let me and Wonbin into the back of the ambulance. Tears started coming back and I started shivering again in panic. Wonbin was too, but he decided to hold me into his arms for comfort, till we got to the hospital. In a matter of minutes we arrived and they immediately rushed her into a room as they were pumping air into . I cried loudly, “Eunjung, I’m sorry!” I apologized and wept onto Wonbin’s chest.

We were seated in the waiting room as the doctors were taking care of Eunjung. “What happened to Eunjung, anyways?” Wonbin broke the silence.
“I was driving, then…” I took in a breath and continued, “out of nowhere… Bang! I didn’t even see anything but the thud was loud enough for me to stop and rush out of my car. Then…”  My hands started freezing and my eyes went watery again, “I saw her body twisted and blood spurted out from her body…” I cried harder. He embraced me into a warm hug, “it’s not your fault, and it was an accident…”
“I was just so mean to her… She always tried to be nice to me… I can’t believe how evil I am,” I, myself hated the way I was, and forever will shun myself for all the bad things I have done in this world.

“You’re not evil. You are a sweet and vibrant girl. And you will forever be like that,” Wonbin smiled.
“That was 5 years ago,” I averted my eyes and gulped.
“You seem to be the same throughout the years we hung out…” He said bluntly.

“Hyomin!” Seunghyun’s voice echoed as he paced down the hallway and leaped into my arms.
“What happened? I heard Eunjung got hurt…” Hongki panted behind Seunghyun. Tears already started emitting from Hongki’s eyes.
“She’s okay… Right?” Jaejin’s voice cracked.
“Yah! What happened to Eunjung!?!” Hongki screeched and grabbed me by the collar.
Seunghyun pulled Hongki away from me and shouted at him, “Don’t hurt her like that!”
“I’m sorry, I’m just really worried…” Hongki fiddled with his fingers and fondled with his sweaty palms as he shifted his eyes away from mine.
“I accidently… Crashed her… with my car…” I choked on my own words.

“You WHAT!?” Hongki ran up to my face and I can see his expression steaming up.
“I didn’t mean to!” I cried but he had already ran out of the room and probably was on his way to found the room Eunjung was located in.
“I really didn’t mean to,” my voice trailed off and I looked down upon my shoes, watching my tear drops land on the ground.
Seunghyun pulls me into his arms, “I believe you, why don’t we just hope for her recovery… Okay?”
“I am going to go and follow Hongki!” Jaejin dashed out of the room.

Narrative P.O.V

Hongki peered over the small window, trying to see what the doctors were doing to Eunjung, but the glass was too rippled and blurry to see anything. “Can you see what the doctors are doing to her?” Jaejin asked worriedly behind Hongki. “No,” Hongki’s face went pale.
“Don’t cry. She wouldn’t like to see you cry…” Jaejin tried to comfort Hongki.
“I can’t help it, Jae…” Hongki swallowed hard, “what if she won’t be okay?” his eyes alerted Jaejin, it was the first time Jaejin saw him this way. Scared and fragile.
Jaejin Hongki’s back, while they both looked at the indistinct window. Jaejin felt like crying too, but he didn’t want to think of the worst possible situation.